NEET 2023 registration confirmation page is provided in Digilocker. Candidates can access the same by signing through with registered credentials. The NEET 2023 application form will be available on the official website until Apr 6, 2023. NEET 2023 exam will be conducted on May 7, 2023, by NTA.
Latest Updates on NEET UG
- Mar 23, 2023: NEET 2023 Application Form confirmation page is available on Digilocker.
NEET 2023 will be held by NTA for admission to programs offered by 645 Medical, 318 Dental, 914 AYUSH, and 47 B.VSc and AH colleges in the country. Candidates must remember that they can apply for only 15% of seats in each college through NEET. The other 85% will be distributed according to the State Government and the college policy.
Check the article below for the important dates, and other relevant information regarding NEET 2023.
|NEET Study Plan and Preparation Strategy||NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023|
|NEET Mock Test 2023||NEET Syllabus 2023|
Table of Contents
- NEET 2023 Application Form
- About NEET Exam
- NEET 2023 Exam Date
- NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- NEET 2023 Admit Card
- NEET 2023 Exam Centres
- NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
- NEET 2023 Syllabus
- NEET 2023 Reference Books
- NEET 2023 Mock Test
- NEET 2023 Preparation
- NEET 2023 Paper Analysis
- NEET 2023 Answer Key
- NEET 2023 Result
- NEET 2023 Cut Off
- NEET Tie Breaking Criteria: Updated
- NEET 2023 Counselling
- NEET 2023 Reservation Criteria
- NEET 2023 Exam Day Guidelines
- NEET Dress Code
- NEET 2023 Contact Details
NEET 2023 Application Form
NEET 2023 application form was released on Mar 6, 2023, on the official website, along with the information brochure for the exam. In addition, NEET 2023 application form confirmation page has been released on Digilocker. Candidate can access the confirmation page by signing in.
The last date to apply for the NEET 2023 exam is till Apr 6, 2023. NEET 2023 application form correction window will be activated after the application window is closed. Candidates must complete the four steps of the application process to be considered for the exam at nta.nic.in neet 2023
The conducting body made significant changes in the NEET exam for the previous year. These changes include an increase in the registration fee for all categories. The application fee for the General category is now INR 1600, for General-EWS, for OBC-NCL, it is now INR 1500, and for SC/ ST and other categories, the application fee is INR 800. Applicants from outside India must pay INR 8500 as an application fee.
Also, this year students will have to upload a few scanned images in the application form, including Thumb Impression, Passport size Photograph, Special Category Certificate, and Class 10 Certificate.
While applying for the exam a candidate must go through NTA NEET UG 2023 application details and NEET 2023 eligibility criteria. Fee payment can be made using a Credit Card/Debit Card, Net Banking/UPI, or E-wallet of the Common Services Centre, and other service providers.
NEET 2023 Registration
NEET 2023 application form was released along with the modified information brochure. Candidates must register first to create NEET login to access the application form. NEET 2023 application form will be completely online and the application fee must be paid online mode as well. The candidates should go through the eligibility criteria of the exam and then proceed with the registration process.
Read More: NEET Registration 2023
How to Apply for NEET 2023?
The NTA NEET UG 2023 form contains the information that is mentioned below and candidates may refer to the following steps to apply for NEET.
- Step 1: The candidate can find NEET 2023 application form on the official website. Click on the link "Registration". Enter the required information in the provided space. This must be done carefully. Fill in all the required details correctly and save the draft until final submission.
- Step 2: On finishing Step 2, a second link of the application form for uploading the photograph and signature of the candidate is opened. Candidates should have their photograph and signature ready while applying for NEET 2023.
- Step 3: After this, the candidate will be redirected to Step 3 where Payment of the fee must be done.
- Step 4: After the payment of the fee, candidates have to take a printout of the confirmation page.
- Step 5: Once the fee payment is done, candidates must download and take a printout of NEET 2023 application form for future reference.
Note: Candidates of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh will not be eligible for the 'State of Eligibility' (15% All India Quota). To be eligible candidates of this domicile will have to fill and submit the Self-Declaration form which must be produced for reference during all the rounds of selection.
NEET 2023 Application Fee
NTA increased the application fee for NTA NEET UG 2023 exam for all categories. The application fee for different categories is listed below. After registration, the candidate must pay the application fee to the conducting authority either offline or through Net Banking to complete NEET 2023 registration process as per the latest NEET updates 2023.
|SC/ ST||INR 800|
|Candidates Outside India||INR 8500|
Documents Required to Apply for NTA NEET 2023
Various documents and details required to apply for NEET 2023 are listed below.
- Candidate's Name
- Father/Mother's Name
- Date of Birth
- Valid Mobile Number and Email ID
- Candidate's latest photograph against a white background.
- Candidates' signatures are in blue or black ink.
- Identity Card: Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits), Bank Account Number, Election Card (EPIC No.), Ration Card Number, Passport number, Other valid Govt. Identity Card Number.
The specifications according to which the photograph and signature must be uploaded are tabulated below.
|Photograph||10 KB to 200 KB||JPG/JPEG|
|Signature||4 KB to 30 KB||JPG/JPEG|
About NEET Exam
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an entrance examination for students who wish to study undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses (MBBS, MD, MS) and dental courses (BDS, MDS) in any government, private, or dental colleges in India. It is the most sought-after medical entrance examination. This page talks exclusively about NEET Undergraduate programs.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts NEET annually to provide admission to eligible candidates in MBBS/BDS courses. NTA shall offer around 63,835 seats through NEET 2023 exam. Candidates have to remember that they can apply for only 15% of seats in each college through NEET. These are known as the All India Quota seats. The other 85% will be distributed according to the State Government and the college policy. Admissions for all Undergraduate courses in JIPMER and AIIMS happen only through NEET Entrance Exam from the academic year 2020.
|Full Form||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a Year|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BDS, B.V.SC|
|Languages||English, Hindi, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Urdu, Bengali, Telegu, Kannada, and Assamese|
|Helpline Number||8076535482, 7703859909|
NEET 2023 exam will be conducted online, in 10 different languages including English, Hindi, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Urdu, Bengali, Telegu, Kannada, and Assamese. The exam paper will be divided into three different sections, which are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. A NEET aspirant must attempt to answer 180 questions in 3 hours.
Courses Offered Through NEET 2023
NTA offers several courses through NEET UG Exam 2023, and they are as follows.
- MBBS: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Allopathic Medicine).
- BDS: Bachelor in Dental Surgery.
- BAMS: Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (Ayurvedic medicine or Indian medicine).
- BHMS: Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (Herbal and homoeopathic medicine).
- BUMS: Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery(Unani medicine should know Urdu).
- BPT: Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy).
- BNYS: Specialization in Yoga and Naturopathy
- BSMS: Specialization in Siddha Medicine.
NEET 2023 Exam Dates
NEET 2023 application form window will be available till Apr 6, 2023. NEET 2023 exam will be conducted on May 7, 2023, as per the announcement of the conducting body. NTA will announce the official NEET 2023 dates shortly on the official website. Candidates must regularly check for the release of the NEET 2023 information brochure to know more about the exam. Meanwhile, candidates can check the tentative exam schedule based on the previous year's trends.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an entrance examination for students who wish to study undergraduate and postgraduate Medical courses (MBBS, MD, MS) and Dental courses (BDS, MDS) in any government private, or dental colleges in India. NEET 2023 important dates will be updated in the table below after the official notification is released for the same.
|NEET 2023 Application Form Release Date||Mar 6, 2023|
|NEET 2023 Application Form Last Date||Apr 6, 2023|
|Last Date to Make Payments||Apr 2023|
|NEET 2023 Application Form Correction||Apr 2023|
|NEET 2023 Advance Intimation of Exam City||May 2023|
|NEET 2023 UG Admit Card Date||May 2023|
|NEET 2023 Examination Date||May 7 2023|
|NEET 2023 Provisional Answer Key Release||May 2023|
|Last Date to Challenge NEET 2023 Provisional Answer Key||May 2023|
|NEET 2023 Result Date||Jun 2023 - First Week|
|NEET 2023 Final Answer Key Release||Jun 2023 - First Week|
|NEET 2023 Counselling||Jun 2023 - Second Week|
Read More: NEET 2023 Exam Dates
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
NEET UG entrance exam eligibility criteria is set by NTA, and all aspirants are expected to fulfill the criteria. Otherwise, they will be subjected to rejection. Candidates should keep this in mind while applying for NEET. In the past year, the conducting body changed NEET UG 2023 exam eligibility criteria. They removed the upper age limit criteria, which now opens up the opportunity to appear for the exam to a wider range of candidates.
The Jammu and Kashmir Tribal Affairs Department launched a new programme to offer coaching to meritorious tribal students preparing for the NEET and JEE admission exams. According to them, the department will pay the expenses of the training, and those who pass the NEET after receiving coaching will also be given scholarships. The candidate will receive an annual scholarship of INR 70,000-75,000, totaling around INR 4 lakhs, for programs like MBBS, BVSc and AH, BDS, BAMS, and other professional courses.
The basic eligibility requirement to apply for NEET 2023 are as follows.
- Candidates should have qualified for class 12 or an equivalent exam, with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years of age to be eligible to apply for the MBBS NEET exam.
- The age limits is the same for Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) to apply for the MBBS NEET exam.
Candidates can go through the below table on the NEET 2023 eligibility criteria.
|Exam Qualification||Candidates should have passed 10 + 2 or equivalent with Biology/Biotechnology, Physics, Chemistry, and English from a recognized board.|
|Minimum Age Requirement||Aspirants should be of the age of 17 years as of Dec 31, 2022.|
|Maximum Age Limit||No upper age limit until the Supreme Court passes its judgment.|
|Qualifying Marks||For PSB subjects, the 12th NEET 2023 qualifying marks to be eligible for NEET 2023 exam are as follows: UR - 50%OBC/SC/St - 40%PwD-45%|
|Max Attempts||A candidate has no restriction on the NEET number of attempts.|
|Nationality||Indian nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET 2023 exam.|
NEET 2023 All India Quota Seats
There are three types of seats available at all medical colleges across India. Of those three types, one is admission through NEET and these are called NEET All India Quota seats. A total of 15% of the seats will be reserved in this quota. Candidates who are taking NEET exam are competing for this 15% of seats in all the Medical colleges across India. This is why the competition is extremely high for NEET exam. Apart from this, all applicants are eligible to apply for JIPMER and AIIMS using a valid NEET score.
In this 15% of the seats, NTA has set reservation criteria and details of which are in the following table. This further reduces the number of seats available for General category students. It is understood that the available 15% All India Quota Seats are a race to the finish.
|SC Candidates||15% of seats are reserved for SC candidates|
|ST Candidates||7.5% of seats are reserved for ST candidates|
|OBC Candidates||27% seats as per Central Act are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates only in Central Educational Institutions|
|PH Candidates||5% of seats are reserved on a horizontal basis for Physically Handicapped candidates|
NEET 2023 Eligibility for J&K Students
Jammu & Kashmir opted out of the 15% All India Quota seats which means that students of other states who do not possess a domicile certificate are not eligible for seats there through NEET. Therefore, students from this state are also not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats in other states.
Only students who are not a domicile of Jammu and Kashmir, e.g., have parents or family staying there, must submit the self-declaration. By submitting the self-declaration, a candidate who is not a domicile of J&K will become eligible for the 15% All India Quota seats through NEET 2023, but not the state quota seats. This self-declaration will be verified during counselling, and if it is found to be false then the candidate will be rejected.
The declaration which the candidates should abide by to get admission through NEET 2023 are as follows.
- They are not eligible to appear for MBBS/BDS seats in the state of J&K, and hence not eligible to seek admission in Medical/Dental Colleges of State of J&K.
- They must not be a domicile of the State of J&K.
- They must have declared all these by understanding the rules and their implications.
The aspirant will be subjected to rejection if the above-mentioned details are found to be false.
Read More: NEET 2023 Eligibility
NEET 2023 Admit Card
NEET 2023 admit card will be tentatively be released in May 2023, based on previous year's trends. The admit card will be released by the National Testing Agency on the official website. Only those candidates who complete the registration process along with fee payment can download their admit card. NEET 2023 admit card contains all the details about the examination, the candidate information, and the exact address of the exam centre. Candidates must check all the details mentioned on the admit card carefully, and carry a valid ID proof along with their admit card to the examination hall.
Note: Candidates who fail to produce NEET 2023 hall ticket or ID proof upon request in the exam centre will not be allowed to take up the exam under any circumstance
Steps to Download NEET 2023 Admit Card
The steps to download NEET 2023 admit card are listed below.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website of NTA - neet nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on "Admit Card NEET (UG)" on the left bottom.
- Step 3: Enter the necessary details which are Registration Number, Date of Birth, and Security Pin.
- Step 4: Now, you will be redirected to a screen where your Admit Card will be displayed.
- Step 5: You can download the admit card and take a printout in the A4 size sheet.
Details Mentioned on NEET 2023 Admit Card
Candidates can check the below information regarding the details in NEET 2023 admit card.
- Applicant’s Name
- Application Number
- Roll Number
- Father's Name
- Course Name
- Date of Birth
- Category and Sub-Category
- State of Eligibility
- Candidate's Signature and Photograph
- NEET UG Senior Director Signature
- Language (Medium) of Question Paper
- Aspirants Address
- NEET Exam Centre, Centre Number and Address,
- Exam Date and Time
- Paper (Paper I/Paper II/Paper III)
- Candidate’s Parent Signature
- Important Instructions.
Read More: NEET 2023 Admit Card
NEET 2023 Exam Centres
NEET 2023 exam centres list will be released by NTA on the official information brochure. Previously, the conducting body reduced the exam centres from 546 exam cities in India and 14 outside the country to 497 Indian cities and 14 international cities. All the details regarding the exam centre will be mentioned on the admit card. Candidates should also check the exam day guidelines on the official website.
The key points related to NEET 2023 exam centres are below.
- NTA will release NEET 2023 exam city allotment information on the official website after the application process. The candidates can check the advance intimation of the exam city for NEET 2023 using their login credentials. The exam centre allotment will be based on the preferences of the candidates on their NEET 2023 application forms.
- Candidates must select NEET 2023 exam centre of their preference during the application process. Each candidate will be allowed 3 city preferences. The exam centre in the city is allotted based on the availability of seats. If there is no available centre that can accommodate the candidate, then the next exam city will be considered for allotment.
- There is a good chance of candidates getting a centre that is close and convenient for them since NEET 2023 exam centres are spread all over the country. Since there are colleges that offer class XI and class XII in vernacular languages, NTA gives candidates the option to write NEET in some selected vernacular languages only at selected exam centres.
- Metal Detectors in Exam Centres: NTA was instructed to install metal detectors in every exam centre for security purposes. There must be at least one detector for 100 students.
Also Read: How to Change NEET 2023 Exam Centres?
NEET 2023 Rules and Regulations
There are certain rules which candidates need to follow on NEET 2023 exam day, they are as follows.
- Dress Code: NTA has instructed that all NEET 2023 candidates wear half sleeve light-coloured clothes without huge buttons, badges, brooches, or any other kind of ornamental accessories. Shoes are prohibited- only slippers and sandals are allowed. Candidates wearing clothes for religious reasons like the burqa, turban, etc must report to the exam centre an hour before the exam commences.
- Aadhaar Not Mandatory: According to the Supreme Court, Aadhaar Card is not mandatory to apply for NEET 2023. Any other identification can be used instead of Aadhaar Card.
- Self-Declaration Form: Candidates from Jammu and Kashmir alone have to submit the self-declaration form for the reserved 15% seats in the All India Quota.
NEET 2023 Test Practice Centres (TPC)
NTA understands that candidates need to get familiarized with NEET. Hence, NTA will establish a network of test centres where students can practice mock NEET exams. The objective of this initiative is to help the students from rural areas to have ample practice and prepare for NEET 2023. This facility will be completely free of cost, and will help candidates get familiarised with the Computer-Based testing pattern. More details will be sent to candidates who have applied about the date and venue of such mock tests.
Read More: NEET 2023 Exam Centres
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates should be aware of NEET 2023 exam pattern as it helps in planning and preparation for the exam. Every right answer in NEET 2023 will fetch the candidate 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. NEET 2023 will be a pen and paper-based (offline) test.
NEET 2023 examination consists of one paper with 180 (45 from every subject/section), objective type questions which will count to a total of 720 marks. NTA made significant changes for NEET UG 2023 exam. They increased the exam duration by 20 minutes. Therefore, NEET UG 2023 exam duration will be of 3 hours and 20 minutes.
The NTA NEET 2023 question paper can be attempted in nine languages, and English. (Check the table below for all the languages). NEET 2023 exam duration is for 3 hours and 20 minutes, i.e., 200 minutes. NEET 2023 exam pattern is expected to remain the same every year.
Last year, NEET question paper had 180 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Each subject had two sections. Section A consisted of 35 questions and section B had 15 questions, out of which students need to answer only 10.
Given below are the highlights of NEET 2023 exam pattern.
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 20 Minutes|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer: +4
Wrong Answer: -1
|Medium/Language||English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Kannada, and Odia|
Read More: NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
NEET 2023 Syllabus
The conducting body of NEET 2023 will test the knowledge of students in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Hence, NEET 2023 syllabus will have topics from Class 11 and 12 curricula. NEET 2023 syllabus is prescribed by NTA. The curriculum prepared by the Council Board of School Education, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), and National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT) will be considered while designing the syllabus for NEET 2023.
State Syllabus: Apart from CBSE's curriculum, NEET 2023 syllabus is prepared after reviewing various State syllabi.
NEET important chapters for the subjects required for the exam are tabulated below.
NEET 2023 Physics Syllabus
Below, you can find the complete Physics Syllabus for NEET 2023 exam.
|Class XI Syllabus||
|Class XII Syllabus||
NEET 2023 Chemistry Syllabus
Below you can find the complete Chemistry syllabus for the NTA NEET 2023 exam.
|Class XI Syllabus||
|Class XII Syllabus||
NEET 2023 Biology Syllabus
Below you can find the complete Biology Syllabus for NEET 2023 exam.
|Class XI Syllabus||
|Class XII Syllabus||
NEET focused reference books and study material contain updated syllabus. Students must gather these materials to map out their study plan for the exam.
Read More: NEET 2023 Syllabus
NEET 2023 Reference Books
Candidates are advised to refer to the following books, which will help them to prepare well for NEET exam. As mentioned above, NEET exam questions are generally based on classes 11 and 12 subjects. Below are a set of NEET books that candidates can refer.
|Book||Author / Publication|
|Objective Physics||D. C. Pandey|
|The Concept of Physics||H. C. Verma|
|Fundamental Physics||Pradeep Publications|
|Complete NEET Guide for Physics||MTG Editorial Board|
|Complete NEET Guide for Biology||MTG Editorial Board|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison and Boyd and by MS Chouhan|
|Physical Chemistry||OP Tandon|
Read More: NEET Reference Books
NEET 2023 Mock Test
NEET 2023 mock tests must be attempted by the candidates appearing for the exam, to be familiar with the exam pattern. NTA will release the mock tests for the exam on the official website. Candidates can attempt the online mock tests even though the main exam will be conducted offline as a pen and paper-based test. The online mock tests for NEET 2023 can help the candidates assess their knowledge, and gauge their performance.
After taking NEET 2023 mock test, candidates can understand the topics they are weak in and work on improving that particular section. Also, they can know the time taken for each question, and manage the exam duration accordingly. NEET coaching centres also provide the candidates with offline mock tests. As there are different difficulty levels for NEET mock tests, solving the sample papers also help the candidates know the repeated questions and prepare for the same.
Read More: NEET 2023 Mock Test
NEET 2023 Preparation Tips
A common question that pops into the mind of any NEET aspirant is 'How to Crack NTA NEET UG Exam?'. Cracking an exam becomes easy if an aspirant implements fine-tuned strategies in the preparation phase. NEET, which is one of the challenging exams, will test the student's fundamental knowledge in the core subjects. Let aside competition, if one can prepare smartly, they can nail NEET exam with a good score. Below are a few tips to kickstart NEET 2023 preparation.
- Gather high-quality study material to prepare for NEET UG 2023. Check the NEET 2023 reference books to start with. Also, collect enough and more practice papers, sample papers, and previous year's question papers to thoroughly understand NEET 2023 exam pattern.
- If self-preparation is not helping, you can opt to join free online NEET coaching provided by NTA and the government.
- Create a realistic timetable that has regular study breaks. Based on your concentration levels, decide how long to study before taking a break so that you can retain the most information.
- Revise regularly and practice consistently to improve your speed and efficiency.
- Make sure to pay good attention to your health by eating well and keeping fit so that your ability to focus is improved and you do not fall ill.
Read More: NEET 2023 Preparation
NEET 2023 Paper Analysis
NEET 2023 paper analysis will be available for the reference of the candidates. NEET 2023 will be conducted on May 7, 2023. A thorough paper analysis for the NEET 2023 will be provided to help candidates understand the performance of the all the candidates in general. Section by section, the difficulty of the question paper can be assessed using the NEET analysis 2023. Candidates can refer NEET 2023 paper analysis for a detailed idea about the type of questions asked and the level of difficulty.
Read More: NEET 2023 Paper Analysis
NEET 2023 Answer Key
NEET UG 2023 provisional answer key, along with the scanned images of NEET OMR sheets of the candidates and their recorded responses, will be released on the official website, and the candidates can raise objections against the provisional answer key/response sheets till the stipulated date. They can use their login credentials to download the answer key and responses.
NEET 2023 answer sheet and the scanned images of OMR sheets can be used by the candidates to calculate their estimated score for the exam. Candidates must pay a requisite fee of INR 200 to challenge the provisional answer key. NTA will not accept any objections submitted after the deadline.
NEET UG 2023 final answer key will be released by NTA along with the result declaration, after considering the objections raised by the candidates against the provisional answer key. Candidates can check and download the final answer key from the official website.
Steps to Check NEET 2023 Answer Key
Candidates can follow the steps given below to check and download NEET 2023 answer keys.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website - neet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: In the 'Candidate Activity' section, click on the 'Answer Key' link.
- Step 3: Select the login option, and enter the application number and password/date of birth to sign in.
- Step 4: View and download the answer key and other required files.
- Step 5: Take a print of the same for future reference.
Steps to Challenge NEET 2023 Answer Key
Check the steps below to challenge the provisional NEET 2023 answer key.
- Step 1: Candidates must go to the official website - neet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: In the 'Candidate Activity' section, click on the 'Answer Key' link.
- Step 3: Log in using the credentials provided at the time of registration.
- Step 4: Click on the 'Test booklet code' and select the question to challenge and submit.
- Step 5: Select the answer, provide justification, and click on 'Confirm'.
- Step 6: Pay the required fee of INR 200 for each question.
- Step 7: Take a printout of the confirmation slip.
Read More: NEET Answer Key 2023
NEET 2023 Results
NEET 2023 result is likely to be announced in the first week of Jun 2023 on the official website, based on the exam date trends; however, the official dates are yet to be announced. NTA will also release NEET 2023 scorecards for all the candidates who appear for the exam.
In addition, the conducting body will also release the category-wise NEET 2023 cut off. Based on the NEET 2023 scores obtained by the candidates and the cut-off marks released, candidates will be shortlisted for counselling.
Admission into Medical and Dental colleges for MBBS and BDS will be done based on NEET 2023 scores of the candidates in the entrance exam.
NTA will releases the NEET 2023 merit list after the declaration of result. This list is only for candidates who opted for 15% All India Quota seats in their application form. For the remaining candidates, counselling will be conducted based on their All India Ranks.
Note: The candidates should download and print a few copies of their NEET 2023 scorecards.
Steps to Check NEET 2023 Results
Candidates can check NEET 2023 result on the official website after it is declared. The steps to check NEET 2023 results are as follows.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website of NTA - neet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Search for NEET 2023 Result link and click on that link.
- Step 3: The link will be redirected to a new page.
- Step 4: Enter the login credentials (registration number and date of birth) to access NEET 2023 result.
- Step 5: Download the scorecard and save it for the admission process.
NEET Merit List 2023
NEET merit list 2023 will be released by NTA after the results are declared. The merit list will be used by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for NEET 2023 counselling process. Candidates will be shortlisted for the merit list based on the marks obtained by them in the exam. NTA will release three merit lists, such as follows.
|Type of Merit List||Details|
|Overall NEET Merit List for All India||
|15% AIQ Merit List||
|85% State Level Merit List||
NEET Result Statistics 2023
According to the official information, 95% of candidates who have applied for NEET 2023, have appeared for the exam. The result statistics for NEET 2023 will be released by NTA along with the result declaration.
The category-wise numbers of candidates who registered, appeared and qualified for the NEET exam conducted in the previous years are tabulated below. NEET result statistics 2023 will be updated in the table below after the results are declared.
|Category||NEET 2022||NEET 2021|
|No. of Registered Candidates||No. of Appeared Candidates||No. of Qualified Candidates||No. of Registered Candidates||No. of Appeared Candidates||No. of Qualified Candidates|
Read More: NEET Results 2023
NEET 2023 Cut Off
NEET 2023 cut off will be released by NTA along with the exam result declaration. The cut off marks will be released for all categories. Based on NEET 2023 cut off, and the scores obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam, NEET 2023 merit list will be released according to which, the counselling process will be conducted. Hence, the candidates must obtain the minimum marks required in NEET for MBBS to get admission to the top colleges.
NEET 2023 cut off is a necessary ground for qualification. Scoring above the prescribed NEET cut off 2023 means that the candidate can advance to the next level. The NTA NEET 2023 cut off depends on the following factors.
- Previous year cut off trends such as NEET cutoff 2019, 2018, and so on.
- The difficulty level of the exam
- The number of applicants participating in the exam etc.
Read More: NEET Cut Off 2023
NEET 2023 Marks Vs Rank
NEET 2023 score ranges based on which the candidates are ranked based on the previous year's trends are tabulated below. Candidates who plan to appear for the exam are advised to check the score ranges to get an idea on how the ranking is done. The table will be updated after NEET 2023 ranklist is released.
|NEET Marks||NEET Rank|
|719 - 717||2 - 3|
|715 - 708||5 - 31|
|707 - 699||32 - 129|
|698 - 688||130 - 380|
|687 - 679||381 - 842|
|678 - 668||850 - 1698|
|667 - 658||1700 - 2945|
|657 - 649||3065 - 4869|
|648 - 638||5073 - 7357|
|637 - 629||7643 - 10545|
|628 - 618||10877 - 14353|
|617 - 609||14766 - 18807|
|608 - 598||19277 - 24533|
|597 - 588||24539 - 29770|
|587 - 579||30391 - 36057|
|578 - 569||36110 - 42998|
|568 - 558||43415 - 5000|
Read More: NEET State-Wise Rank List
NEET Tie Breaking Criteria: Updated
If two or more candidates score the same marks in NEET 2023 exam, the tie will be dissolved based on the criteria set by the conducting body. NTA revised the tie-breaking criteria for NEET. The updated tie-breaking criteria followed by NTA are listed below, in order of priority. The next criteria will be considered if the tie persists after using the first criteria, and so on.
- Candidate with more marks in Biology section will be given higher rank.
- Candidate with more marks in Chemistry section will be given higher rank.
- Candidate with more marks in Physics section will be given higher rank.
- Candidate with less number of incorrect responses compared to correct responses in Biology section will be ranked higher.
- Candidate with less number of incorrect responses compared to correct responses in Chemistry section will be ranked higher.
- Candidate with less number of incorrect responses compared to correct responses in Physics section will be ranked higher.
- If the tie persists after applying the criteria mentioned above, the age of the candidates will be considered, and the older candidate will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still exists, the ranking will be based on the application number in ascending order, and the candidate who applied first will be ranked higher.
NEET 2023 Counselling
NEET 2023 counselling will be conducted for the candidates who qualify for the Medical entrance exam. NEET 2023 results and cut off marks will be released after the exam is conducted. Based on the NEET scores and cut off marks, the conducting body will release NEET 2023 merit list with the names and roll numbers of the candidates who have qualified to participate in the counselling process.
MCC will conduct NEET counselling 2023 for the 15% All India Quota seats, whereas the state governments will conduct separate counselling process to allot the 85% State Quota seats based on the individual cut off marks and other factors.
Candidates will be considered for admission based on NEET 2023 passing marks. Candidates will be allowed to choose a college during the NTA NEET UG 2023 counselling process. However, seat allotment will be based on availability. Other things to keep in mind are as follows.
- All India Quota counselling is conducted by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee), while the state exam authority will conduct state counselling.
- Candidates need to be present at the specified date on the specified date for the offline counselling process.
- All candidates must carry the documents required for NEET counselling like 10th and 12th marks card, photo, valid ID, etc.
NEET 2023 Counselling: Important Websites
Following are the important websites candidates must visit regularly for the respective NEET 2023 counselling process.
|NEET Official Website||neet.nta.nic.in|
|Ministry of Health & Family Welfare||www.mohfw.gov.in|
|Medical Counselling Committee||www.mcc.nic.in|
Read More: What After NEET 2023?
NEET 2023 Reservation Criteria
Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC criteria will be provided with seat reservation through relaxation in age limit and cut off marks in NEET 2023. The reservation criteria for seats available through NEET 2023 for different categories are tabulated below.
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non-Creamy Layer||27%|
Read More: NEET 2023 Reservation Policy
NEET 2023 Exam Day Guidelines
NTA will release the exam day instructions for NEET UG 2023. The exam will be conducted on May 7, 2023, from 2:00 PM to 5:20 PM. Candidates can go through the following guidelines for the exam so that they will have an idea of what happens on the day of NEET 2023 exam. They must know Dos and Don'ts for NEET exam to stay out of trouble.
- Admit Card Details: Candidates must take at least two copies of the four-page admit card, fill out the first two pages, and paste a postcard-size photograph to hand it over to the exam invigilator. The parent's signature must also be in the designated space before handing it over to the examiner.
- Admit Card Verification: During the examination, the invigilator will check NEET 2023 admit card of the candidates to verify the identity of each candidate. Candidates should also carry a valid ID proof and produce it upon request.
- Scribe for PwD Candidates: The PwD candidates must carry their PwD Certificates issued by the competent authorities. Scribes will be provided by NTA for the candidates as they cannot have their own scribe for the exam.
- Barred Items: Candidates are not allowed to bring any barred item inside the premises of NEET 2023 exam centres. Possession of any such articles by the candidates will be confiscated. Also, they must not have any electronic gadgets/devices with them while entering the exam hall.
- COVID-19 Protocols: Candidates must ensure they follow the COVID-19 protocols, such as social distancing, wearing masks, having their own sanitiser and stationery items required for the exam, and so on.
- Reporting Time: All the exam centres will be opened about 2 hours and 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam. Candidates should enter the exam hall before 1:30 PM. Else, they will not be allowed to enter NEET 2023 exam centres.
- Seat Allotment: NTA will be responsible for the seating arrangement of candidates in the NEET Exam Centre. Every candidate will be allotted a seat according to their roll number. Candidates must find out and occupy their allotted NEET 2023 exam seat before 9.30.a.m.
- Avoid Beverages: Water bottles, tea, coffee, cold drinks or snacks, etc. are not allowed to be taken by the candidates to NEET 2023 examination hall. Water will be provided at the exam centre. The concerned authority will check for these items and confiscate them if they find any.
- No Leaving Until the Exam Concludes: Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall until the completion of the test. Even if the candidates finish their exam, the candidate must remain in the exam hall till the end of the NEET 2023 exam.
- Attendance Sheet Signature: The candidate must sign twice on NEET 2023 Attendance Sheet in the appropriate fields. First, immediately after the commencement of the examination, then the second one while handing over NEET Answer Sheet to the invigilator. Candidates should remember that the signature should match that on the application form. They should not change their signature.
- Finger Impression: The candidates are also required to provide their left thumb impressions in the space provided on NEET 2023 attendance sheet. This is to confirm the identity of the candidate.
- Test Book Pages: The candidate has to check and ensure that the NTA NEET UG 2023 Test-Booklet contains the same number of pages written on top of the cover page. In case the total number of pages is not similar to the number written on top of the cover page, the candidate has to inform the invigilator in the exam hall. Else it might lead to future complications.
Also Read: NEET 2023 Exam Instructions
NEET Dress Code
NTA has set strict dress code policies, among other essential guidelines for NEET 2023 exam, to maintain discipline in the exam centre, as many candidates will apply to appear for the exam. The important instructions regarding the dress code for NEET 2023 exam day are listed below. Candidates who do not abide by these instructions are not allowed to enter the exam hall.
- Candidates had to wear half-sleeved clothes in light colours only. They were not allowed to wear clothes with full/long sleeves.
- All types of footwear, such as sandals and slippers, were allowed, except for shoes.
- Candidates were prohibited from wearing ornaments such as necklaces with pendants, earrings, anklets, rings, etc.
- Candidates who wore traditional attires related to their religions had to report to the exam centre a minimum of one hour before the last reporting time.
Read More: NTA NEET Dress Code
NEET 2023 Contact Details
Candidates can refer to the mentioned line of contact to get in touch with the helpdesk at NTA NEET exams portal.
C-20 1A/8, Sector 62
IITK Outreach Centre,
Contact Number: 011-40759000/011-69227700
Email ID: [email protected]
Official Website: neet.nta.nic.in
What is the eligibility requirement for the Foreign Nationals to apply for NEET?
Students who are Foreign Nationals should have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English in Class XII with at least 50% marks, as per the regulations of the Medical Council of India. The minimum age limit is 17 years and the maximum age limit is 25 years.
Is it possible to change the option of language once the NEET 2023 Application Form is submitted?
No, it is not possible to change the language option after the NEET Application Form is submitted because the Exam Centres will be allotted based on the medium of question paper that the candidates choose.
Am I eligible to apply for NEET if I have a year gap after class 12?
There aren't any restrictions regarding year gap, so you can apply for NEET.
My Aadhar card is invalid, can I apply for NEET?
Yes, the NTA has officially announced that Aadhar card is not a mandatory document for registration purposes. You can apply for NEET with any other government ID.
My OBC certificate is 8 months old, do I need to get a new OBC certificate before applying for the NEET?
No, it is not necessary. You can apply since the certificate is not more than a year old.
Who is eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats in NEET 2023?
Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of, Indian Origin (PIOs), Foreign Nationals are eligible for the 15% All India Quota Seats.
Who will conduct the counselling for NEET All India Quota seats?
For 15% All India Quota seats, counselling will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services.
I belong to the SC category, what is the upper age limit for SC/ST candidates to apply for the NEET exam?
30 years is the upper age limit for SC/ST candidates to apply for the NEET exam.
What is the minimum qualification required to apply for NEET 2023 exam?
The candidate must have qualified class XII exams or an equivalent degree in order to apply for the NEET. The candidate must have studied science in his/her school.
What are the compulsory subjects that the candidate needs to have studied in Class XII to appear for NEET 2023 exam?
Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology should have been studied by the candidates in class XII mandatorily. Students belonging to the general category should secure a minimum of 50% and the minimum aggregate for SC/ST/OBC is 45%.
Is it possible to ask NTA to revaluate your response sheet after the declaration of NEET result?
NTA will not entertain any requests to revaluate NEET 2023 score-cards.
How to calculate the NEET Percentile Score?
The formula used to calculate the NEET percentile score is NEET Percentile = 100 * (Number of candidates with their raw score equal to or less than the candidate / Total number of candidates who appeared for NEET).
When will NEET official answer key 2023 by NTA be released?
NTA is expected to release NEET official answer key after the examination. The coaching institutes released unofficial provisional answer key for the different set of exams on the exam day itself.
When will NEET UG 2023 result be declared?
NEET UG 2023 result will be declared on the official website.
How to challenge NEET answer key 2023?
After the release of the provisional NEET answer key 2023, candidates will be able to raise objections against the provisional answer key by submitting the supporting documents and paying a requisite fee. NTA will open the answer key objection window for a particular time period, and no challenges will be accepted after the window is closed.
How to allot marks with NEET 2023 question paper with answer key PDF?
NEET answer key 2023 must be compared with your response sheets to allot marks. Add 4 marks for the correct answer and reduce 1 mark each for an incorrect answer. No marks to be allotted for unattempted questions or questions with multiple responses.