Want to join JBIMS, SIMSREE, K J Somaiya, and other Top MBA Colleges in Maharashtra, MAH CET is the exam for you. Only a few candidates can make it to these colleges. Want to know how do they do it? Have a look below at the MAHCET preparation tips, and other important details.
- What is MAH CET?
- MAH CET 2021 Exam Date
- MAH CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- MAH CET 2021 Syllabus
- MAH CET 2021 Registration
- MAH CET 2021 Application Form
- MAH CET 2021 Exam Pattern
- MAH CET 2021 Preparation Tips
- MAH CET 2021 Reference Books
- MAH CET 2021 Admit Card
- MAH CET 2021 Result
- MAH CET 2021 Cuttoff Marks
- MAH CET 2021 Counseling
- Related Exams
What is the MAH CET?
MAH CET is the common entrance test for admission into Post Graduate courses in Management in Maharashtra. It is a State Level entrance exam conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra for admission in MBA, MMS, PGDBM, PGDM courses.
Mode: The MAH CET will be conducted online at various centres across Maharashtra and few centres outside the state.
Selection: The candidates who have appeared for or appearing for CAT, ATMA, XAT, MAT February are eligible for counselling in all the colleges under Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra. The final selection will depend on other factors like GD, PI, etc., in addition to the written exam.
Exam Date: The MAH CET will be tentatively held in March 2021.
Topics: There are four sections in MAH CET namely Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reading Comprehension/Verbal Ability.
The various details associated with the MAH CET are:-
|Exam||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test|
|Conducted By||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra|
|Exam Type||State Level PG|
|Courses||MBA, MMS, PGDBM, PGDM|
|Exams Involved||MAH MBA/MMS CET|
|Official Address to HQ||The Directorate Of Technical EducationNo. 3, Mahapalika Marg, Opp. Metro Cinema, Dhobi Talao, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Area, Mumbai - 400001Phone: 022 2264 1150|
MAH CET 2021 Exam Dates
The notification has been released. The dates for MAH CET 2021 have been postponed until further notice due to COVID-19. The revised dates are yet to be announced. The below-mentioned dates are tentative and will be subjected to changes. However, candidates can follow this table as it will be constantly updated as per the official website.
|Application window opens on||To be announced|
|The application window closes on||To be announced|
|Admit Card Release Date||To be announced|
|MAH CET Exam Date||To be announced|
|Result Declaration||To be announced|
|Commencement of Counselling||To be announced|
Candidates can regularly visit this page regularly for further updates and information about the MAH CET 2021 Exam Dates so that they do not miss out any vital information.
MAH CET Registration Dates
The registration will begin for the MAH CET exam intended for the MBA and MMS programs. The registration process will be entirely online. Candidates can check the dates once it is released by the conducting authorities.
|Online Registration Begins||To be announced|
|Registration Close Date||To be announced|
MAH CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The Candidate must be an Indian National. Children of NRI/ OCI/ PIO, Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries, and Foreign nationals are exempted from appearing for the exam.
Scores Considered: The candidates who appeared for CAT, ATMA, XAT, MAT February are also eligible for the counselling process.
The MAH CET has a reservation policy for seats which is given below:
|Type of seats||Reservation Percentage|
|Seats of Maharashtra state||85% (70% for HU & 15% for OHU)|
|All India seats||15%|
|VJ/ DT (NT - A)||3%|
|NT – B||2.5%|
|NT – C||3.5%|
|NT – D||2%|
|J&K seats||1 seat in every institution|
|Ward of NRIs||5% of sanctioned intake|
|Institute level seats||20% only in Unaided non-minority institutes|
|Minority seats||Minimum 51% in Unaided-minority institutes|
Read More: MAH CET Eligibility 2021
MAH CET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates are required to go through the MAH CET 2021 Syllabus beforehand for preparing and accordingly scoring in the examination. The MAH CET paper is divided into four sections namely Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reading Comprehension/Verbal Ability. The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) has not defined the exact syllabus anywhere. From the previous year papers, the conclusions have been made and the probable MAH CET 2021 syllabus is:
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension
Logical Reasoning and Abstract Reasoning
- Blood Relation
Read More: MAH CET Syllabus 2021
MAH CET 2021 Registration
The registration process for MAH CET 2021 will probably start in January and will be completely online. The portal will remain open for over a month. It is important for the candidates to check if they fulfil the eligibility criteria before registering for the MAH CET 2021. It is important for the candidates to go through the instructions carefully. This is because the registration will not be valid if the Candidates do not meet the eligibility criteria. Candidates will also be required to produce proper proofs and documentation of personal details and educational qualifications.
How to Apply for MAH CET 2021?
The candidates are required to follow the given steps in order to apply for the MAH CET 2021:
- Visit the official site: The candidates should visit the Official Website to get the Application Form. Click on the "MAH CET Application Form" tab and then a new page will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the right course: Choose the MAH CET Exam Application Form section and then choose the required course (MBA, MMS, PGDBM, PGDM).
- Fill the relevant Information: After choosing the course and filling up the correct and proper information, upload the required scanned documents. The Application Form should be complete in all senses before submitting it.
- Submit and Save: Click on "Submit" to enter the MAH CET Application Form and then a new page will be open up. The candidate should then pay the MAH CET Application Fees. Save and Print the MAH CET Application Form for future use.
MAH CET 2021 Application Form
- Candidates are required to read the instructions and check if they are fulfilling the required criteria before beginning the application process
- The candidates have to fill the application form online on the official website of DTE, Maharashtra. The candidates have to fill their personal and academic detail in the application form.
- Exam Fee: The Application fee is 1000 INR for open category and 800 INR for reserved category. Candidates can pay the examination fee through Internet Payment, IMPS, Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
Documents required to apply for MAH CET
The candidates are required to upload the scanned images of the specified documents. The following documents with constraints are given below:
- Size and Color: The size of the file should be between 20kb – 50 kb. The Photograph must be a recent passport-style colour photo.
- Instructions to be followed: If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be seen. Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious Headwears are permitted provided that they should not cover any portion of the face. Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
- Instructions to be followed by the candidate: The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen. The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by anyone else. The signature will be used wherever it is necessary like in the admit card.
- A sign should be scanned: The candidate has to sign in the examination hall and both the signs will be matched. if there is a difference between the two, the candidature of the individual will be cancelled. The size of the file should be between 10kb – 20kb. Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
Read More: MAH CET Application Form 2021
MAH CET 2021 Exam Pattern
The MAH CET 2021 Exam Pattern is set by its organizing body. It is very important for the candidates to go through the exam pattern thoroughly prior to preparing for the MAH CET 2021 Exam. It gives an overview of the types and distribution of questions based on different topics. Understanding the Exam Pattern also helps the candidates to learn efficiently and strategize their preparation.
The Exam pattern of MAH CET 2021 is as follows:
|Mode||CBT (Computer-Based Test)|
|Duration||2.5 hours (150 minutes)|
|Marks||1 mark for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||No negative marking|
|Sections||4 sections (Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Abstract Reasoning, and Comprehension/ Verbal Ability)|
The Exam pattern for MAH CET Exam is as follows:
|Section||Marks per question||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension||1||50||50|
Read More: MAH CET Exam Pattern 2021
MAH CET 2019 Paper Analysis
MHT CET 2019 was conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra on March 14-15, 2019 in two slots. A common observation throughout all the slots was that the paper was found lengthy and it was a struggle for the test takers to attempt the paper in the given duration. The overall section-wise difficulty level of MAH CET 2021 is tabulated below:
|Section Name||Difficulty Level|
|Abstract Reasoning||Moderate to Difficult|
|Verbal Ability and Reasoning Comprehension||Easy to Moderate|
- There was a major change in the question paper of Verbal Ability creation. The questions were based on the contextual use of vocabulary, English language usage, para completion, and other topics.
- Many questions were also easier for candidates to score high in uniform marking pattern.
- Logical Abstract reasoning 50% weightage in the exam. Questions in Abstract Reasoning were quite easy as compared to other sections.
- The Quantitative aptitude section was moderate to difficult. Out of 50 questions, more than 20 questions were on Data Interpretation and rest were based on quantitative aptitude
How To Prepare for MAH CET 2021?
Candidates are required to follow certain techniques and strategies for preparing for the MAH CET 2021 Exam. These strategies and tips help the candidates to plan well and prepare accordingly in order to score very high in the Exam. The tips and methods to crack the MAH CET 2021 Exam with flying colours are given below for the candidates to take a look at it.
- The MAH CET is a highly regarded exam for admission into MBA, and thus the level of competition is very high. The top colleges under MAH CET are having cutoff percentile around 99, showcasing the level of competition.
- The MAH CET is a race against time, where the candidate is required to complete 200 questions in 150 minutes. Thus practising a lot of questions can help the candidate to reduce the average time to complete each question. This way the time efficiency will be achieved.
- This is the prime strategy to be followed in the Reasoning and Aptitude sections. Hence, candidates should be well versed with the same by practising a lot of reasoning and aptitude related topics.
- The candidate is also required to read a lot of articles from newspapers and magazines to develop a good reading habit for the Verbal Ability section.
- Also, the candidate can read several grammar books for the same, in order to be very clear with the grammar topics and concepts.
- The candidate can refer Previous year papers, sample papers, and reference books for MAH CET 2021. Practising a lot of previous years and sample papers will help the candidates to understand the types and distribution of questions generally in the question papers.
The mock tests will help the candidate to analyze his/her speed of doing questions in the exam. Moreover, as a result of solving the mock test, the candidate can become aware of the areas that are taking more time and thus require more practice. Another important aspect of practising Mock Tests is that the candidates will be able to answer all the questions within the allotted time, without leaving any behind. They will also be able to prioritize their time for questions based on the difficulty and time required for answering them. This way excess time waste can be minimized.
Previous Year Question Papers
The candidates can get a fair amount of idea about the syllabus after solving the previous year papers. Moreover, the candidate can analyze his/her weak spots in the syllabus and time required to solve the entire paper. Thus MAH CET previous year papers will help him/her in planning his/her preparation. They will also be able to understand and get an idea about the overview of questions that can be expected in the question paper.
Several coaching centres are there for MAH CET 2021 especially in Mumbai, some of them are:
- MBA Pathshala LLP
- IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd
- Unique classes
- Study Campus
MAH CET 2021 Reference Books
The MAH CET 2021 Reference Books are very essential for the candidates to go through and refer from, in order to prepare well for scoring higher in the examination. Candidates can get a clear idea of the topics that are needed to be covered in the examination. Topics and concepts can be covered easily by going through the MAH CET 2021 Reference Books. Important MAH CET 2021 Reference Books are mentioned below for the candidates to make a note of.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Time
- The Pearson Guide to CET MBA Maharashtra by Vandana Thorpe
- Target MH CET (MBA/ MMS) - Past Papers + 6 Mock Tests by Disha Publications
- Maharashtra MBA CET Guide by RPH Editorial Board / Priyanka Prakashan
- MH CET (MBA/ MMS) Entrance Guide by Disha Publications
- Maharashtra MBA CET Books by CET King Publications
- Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examination, Guha.
- Mathematics for MBA Entrance Exams by R.S. Agarwal
- Study Material on all sections of MBA CET Maharashtra by Chandresh Agarwal
Read More: MAH CET Books 2021
MAH CET 2021 Admit Card
The admit card will be issued online only on the official website of DTE, Maharashtra and no hard copy will be sent through the post. The candidate has to enter his/her Registration number and password/Date of Birth to access the MAH CET 2021, Admit Card.
If any discrepancies are there in the admit card, the candidate needs to immediately contact the conducting authority.
How to Download the MAH CET 2021 Admit Card?
The candidate needs to follow the given steps:
- Visit the MAH CET official website.
- Click on the 'Admit card' link.
- Enter your registration number and password/Date of Birth.
- Download and take a printout of your admit card.
Read More: MAH CET Admit Card 2021
MAH CET 2021 Exam Centres
The candidates have to choose their desired Exam centre at the time of applying for the exam. A candidate has to choose 3 exam centres in the order of their preference. The choice of the centre will be final and once selected, the centre cannot be changed.
The various exam centre for the exam are as follows:
|Exam Centres In Maharashtra||Exam Centres outside Maharashtra|
|Bhandara||Mumbai Sub Urban||Satara||Gandhinagar|
Documents required at the Exam Centre
The candidates must carry the following documents to the Exam Centre:
- MAH CET Admit card
- A valid Photo ID
Read More: MAH CET Exam Centres 2021
MAH CET 2021 Result
The result of MAH CET 2021 will be available on the official website. Candidates can view their results by entering their registration number and password to access. A merit list is prepared on the basis of the exam. The list will contain State merit number, regional merit number, and category merit number. The results will be published after the official announcement.
How to View the MAH CET Result?
To view the result, the candidate needs to undertake the following steps:
- Visit the official website of MAH CET.
- Click on "MAH CET 2021 Result"
- Enter your registration number, password, etc., and click on the Submit button.
- Download and take a print out of the result for future reference.
Read More: MAH CET Results 2021
MAH CET 2021 Cutoff
The MAH CET 2021 Cutoff is based on the marks secured by the candidates. The desired cutoff scores required for various institutions coming under the MAH CET 2021 Exam. Candidates are required to perform very well in the exam in order to score and secure high cutoff marks. Only those who secure good marks will be allotted seats based on the minimum cutoff requirements for each institution.
- The MAH CET is released by each institute after the results are declared. The Cutoff varies from one college to another. The cutoff is also different for each category.
- The MAH CET 2021 cutoff depends upon many factors like the number of seats available, difficulty level of the paper, and the number of candidates appearing for the exam.
Candidates can visit this page regularly for further updates and information regarding the MAH CET 2021 Cutoff and other associated events.
The Selection Process for Admission through MAH CET starts with the written exam. Based on the result of the written exam, cutoffs are released by the individual institutes and candidates above the cutoff are called for further process. The further process is called CAP (Centralized Admission Process )
The institutes then have their uniques procedures for selection, which may involve Group Discussion, Personal or panel Interview, WAT, etc. Finally, based on the score obtained in all the rounds each having their weightage, the students will be given a call letter to join the institute.
Read More: MAH CET Cutoff 2021
MAH CET 2021 Counseling
The counselling dates for MAH CET 2021 are determined based on the official notification released by Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell. The MAH CET CAP i.e. Centralised Admission Process also referred to as Counselling, is conducted for admissions across 400 management institutes including JBIMS, SIMSREE, among others. All shortlisted candidates on the basis of MAH CET 2021 cutoff score are eligible to participate in MAH CET counselling starting with the online registration and submission of documents for verification.
- The candidates will get notified about the counselling either through mail or SMS.
- The candidates can take part in The MAH CET 2021 Counselling by visiting the official website of the DTE and adding their login credentials.
- The process of counselling comprises 3 steps document verification, photo verification, and signature verification.
- CAP is the Centralized Admission Process introduced by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) to 400 - B-Schools in Maharastra.
- CAP consists of four rounds. The candidates who qualify for MAH CET will be allocated in any one of the sessions depending upon the score of the candidate.
Proof: Any government authorized identity proof like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, etc is required for the MAH CET 2021 counselling.
Read More: MAH CET Counselling 2021
Courses Offered Through MAH CET
Various courses are offered by the different institute under MAH CET which are given as follows:
|MBA(Masters of Business Administration)||2 Years|
|MMS(Master of Management Studies)||2 Years|
|PGDM(Post Graduate Diploma in Management)||2 Years|
|PGDBM( Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management)||2 Years|
Guidelines for MAH CET exam 2021
- Candidate without the Admit Card and the photograph pasted on the admit card will not be permitted to appear for the MAH CET examination.
- The candidate is requested to report to the exam venue at least 30 minutes before the reporting time mentioned on the admit card.
- Candidates are not allowed to enter the examination hall after the commencement of the examination.
- The candidate’s photograph affixed to the hall ticket should reasonably match with the uploaded in the online application form failing which the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the examination.
- The signature that the candidate has done in the exam and the one that is uploaded should be the same. In case of discrepancy, the candidate will not be allowed to write the examination.
- The candidate is not allowed to carry any personal belongings to the exam centre including but not limited to wrist-watch, cell phones, calculators, etc., If the candidate is carrying any personal item, it should be kept outside the class at candidate's risk. The examination centre will not responsible for any loss or damage to such items
- If the candidate completes the exam before the scheduled end time, he/she will not be allowed to leave the exam hall.
- Having in possession of any notebook(s) or notes or chits or any other unauthorized material concerning the subject about the examination paper's respective action will be taken by the authority.
How many attempts are allowed in MAH CET?
A candidate can appear for MAH CET for 3 times only.
Can a non-Maharashtrian student appear for MAH CET?
Yes, a non-Maharashtrian can appear for the exam, however, he/she will be fighting for 15% of the total seats which are known as All India Seats.
Will there be GD/PI after MAH CET written exam?
Only JBIMS conducts GD, PI and other selection rounds after the written test. Rest all colleges give admission only based on the written test.
How many candidates generally appear for MAH CET?
Over 1 lakh students appear for MAH CET each year.
What are the courses offered through MAH CET?
The courses offered through MAH CET are MBA, MMS, PGDM, PGDBM. Candidates can check the above section for details.
How many sections are there in the exam?
The exam consists of 4 sections; Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Abstract Reasoning, and Comprehension/ Verbal Ability.