Want to join JBIMS, SIMSREE, K J Somaiya and other Top MBA Colleges in Maharashtra, MAH CET is the exam for you. Only a few candidates can make it to these colleges. Want to know how do they do it? Have a look below at the preparation tips.
- What is MAH CET?
- MAH CET 2020 Exam Date
- MAH CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- MAH CET 2020 Syllabus
- MAH CET 2020 Registration
- MAH CET 2020 Application Form
- MAH CET 2020 Exam Pattern
- MAH CET 2020 Preparation Tips
- MAH CET 2020 Admit Card
- MAH CET 2020 Result
- MAH CET 2020 Cuttoff Marks
- MAH CET 2020 Counseling
- Related Exams
What is the MAH CET?
MAH CET is the common entrance test for admission into Post Graduate courses in Management in the state of Maharashtra. It is a State Level entrance exam that is being conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra for the admission in MBA, MMS, PGDBM, PGDM courses.
Mode: The MAH CET will be conducted online at various centers across Maharashtra and few centers outside the state.
Selection: The candidates who have appeared for or appearing for CAT, ATMA, XAT, MAT February are eligible for counseling in all the colleges under Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra. The final selection will depend on other factors like GD, PI, etc. in addition to the written Exam.
Exam Date: The MAH CET will be tentatively held in the month of March 2020.
Topics: There are four sections in MAH CET namely Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reading Comprehension/Verbal Ability.
The various details associated with the MAH CET are:-
|Exam||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test|
|Conducted By||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra|
|Exam Type||State Level PG|
|Courses||MBA, MMS, PGDBM, PGDM|
|Exams Involved||MAH MBA/MMS CET|
|Official Address to HQ||The Directorate Of Technical EducationNo. 3, Mahapalika Marg, Opp. Metro Cinema,Dhobi Talao, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Area, Mumbai - 400001Phone: 022 2264 1150|
MAH CET 2020 Exam Dates
The notification has been released. But the given dates are tentative and will be subjected to changes. But candidates can follow this table as it has been updated as per the official website.
|Course Name||Accepted Entrance Test||CET Exam Dates|
|Master in Business Administration
& Master in Management Studies
|MAH - MBA/MMS CET - 2020||
14 and 15 March 2020
|Master In Computer Applications||MAH-MCA-CET 2020||28 March 2020|
|Master of Architecture||MAH-M.Arch-CET 2020||10 May 2020|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management &
|MAH-B.HMCT 2020||10 May 2020|
|Master of Hotel Management &
|MAH-M.HMCT 2020||16 May 2020|
MAH CET Registration Dates
The registration has begun for the MAH CET exam intended for the MBA and MMS programs. Candidates can check the dates given below.
|Online Registration Begins||January 10, 2020|
|Registration Close Date||February 22, 2020|
MAH CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Candidate must be an Indian National. Children of NRI/ OCI/ PIO, Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries, and Foreign nationals are exempted from appearing for the exam.
Scores Considered: The candidates who appeared for CAT, ATMA, XAT, MAT February are also eligible for the counseling process.
The MAH CET has a reservation policy for seats which is given below:
|Type of seats||Reservation Percentage|
|Seats of Maharashtra state||85% (70% for HU & 15% for OHU)|
|All India seats||15%|
|VJ/ DT (NT - A)||3%|
|NT – B||2.5%|
|NT – C||3.5%|
|NT – D||2%|
|J&K seats||1 seat in every institution|
|Ward of NRIs||5% of sanctioned intake|
|Institute level seats||20% only in Unaided non-minority institutes|
|Minority seats||Minimum 51% in Unaided-minority institutes|
Learn more about MAH CET 2020 Eligibility.
MAH CET 2020 Syllabus
The MAH CET paper is divided into four sections namely Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reading Comprehension/Verbal Ability. The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) has not defined the exact syllabus anywhere. From the previous year papers, the conclusions have been made and the probable MAH CET 2020 syllabus is:
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension
Logical Reasoning and Abstract Reasoning
- Blood Relation
MAH CET 2020 Registration
The registration process for MAH CET 2020 will probably start in the month of January and will be completely online. The portal will remain open for over a month.
How to Apply for MAH CET 2020?
The candidates are required to follow the given steps:
- Visit the official site: The candidates should visit the Official Website to get the Application Form. Click on the "MAH CET Application Form" tab and then a new page will be displayed on the screen.
Select the right course: Choose the MAH CET Exam Application Form section and then choose the required course (MBA, MMS, PGDBM, PGDM).
Fill the relevant Information: After choosing the course and filling up the correct and proper information, upload the required scanned documents. The Application Form should be complete in all senses before submitting it.
Submit and Save: Click on "Submit" to enter the MAH CET Application Form and then a new page will be open up. The candidate should then pay the MAH CET Application Fees. Save and Print the MAH CET Application Form for future use.
MAH CET 2020 Application Form
The candidates have to fill the application form online on the official website of DTE, Maharashtra. The candidates have to fill their personal and academic detail in the application form.
Exam Fee: The Application fee is Rs.1000 for open category and Rs.800 for reserved category. Candidates can pay the examination fee through Internet Payment, IMPS, Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
Documents required to apply for MAH CET?
The candidates are required: to upload the scanned images of the specified documents. The following documents with constraints are given below:
- Size and Color: The size of the file should be between 20kb – 50 kb. The Photograph must be a recent passport-style color photo.
- Instructions to be followed: If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be seen. Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious Headwears are permitted provided that they should not cover any portion of the face. Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
Instructions to be followed by the candidate: The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen. The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by anyone else. The signature will be used wherever it is necessary like in the admit card.
A sign should be scanned: The candidate has to sign in the examination hall and both the signs will be matched. if there is a difference between the two, the candidature of the individual will be canceled. The size of the file should be between 10kb – 20kb. Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
Check more details about MAH CET 2020 Application Form.
MAH CET 2020 Exam pattern
The MAH CET Exam will be a Computer-based test (CBT). The candidates will be required to complete 200 questions in 150 minutes (2.5 hours).
All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) containing 5 options for each answer. For every correct answer, the candidate will be given 1 mark and negative marking is not there. No marks will be awarded or deducted for not attempting a question in MAH CET 2020.
The whole paper will be in English only and will have four sections i.e Logical reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reading Comprehension/Verbal Ability.
The Exam pattern for MAH CET Exam is as follows:
|Section||Marks per question||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension||1||50||50|
Learn more about MAH CET 2020 Exam Pattern.
MAH CET 2020 Paper Analysis
MHT CET 2020 was conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra on March 14-15, 2020 in two slots. A common observation throughout all the slots was that the paper was found lengthy and it was a struggle for the test takers to attempt the paper in the given duration. The overall section-wise difficulty level of MAH CET 2020 is tabulated below:
|Section Name||Difficulty Level|
|Abstract Reasoning||Moderate to Difficult|
|Verbal Ability and Reasoning Comprehension||Easy to Moderate|
- There was a major change in the question paper of Verbal Ability creation. The questions were based on the contextual use of vocabulary, English language usage, para completion, and other topics.
- Many questions were also easier for candidates to score high in uniform marking pattern.
- Logical Abstract reasoning 50% weightage in the exam. Questions in Abstract Reasoning were quite easy as compared to other sections.
- The Quantitative aptitude section was moderate to difficult. Out of 50 questions, more than 20 questions were on Data Interpretation and rest were based on quantitative aptitude
How To Prepare for MAH CET 2020?
The MAH CET is a highly regarded exam for admission into MBA, and thus the level of competition is very high. The top colleges under MAH CET are having cutoff percentile around 99, showcasing the level of competition.
The MAH CET is a race against time, where the candidate is required to complete 200 questions in 150 minutes. Thus practicing a lot of questions can help the candidate to reduce the average time to complete each question. This is the prime strategy to be followed in the Reasoning and Aptitude sections.
The candidate is also required to read a lot of articles from newspapers and magazines to develop a good reading habit for the Verbal Ability section. Also, the candidate can read several grammar books for the same.
The candidate can refer Previous year papers, sample papers and reference books for MAH CET 2020.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Time
- The Pearson Guide to CET MBA Maharashtra by Vandana Thorpe
- Target MH CET (MBA/ MMS) - Past Papers + 6 Mock Tests by Disha Publications
- Maharashtra MBA CET Guide by RPH Editorial Board / Priyanka Prakashan
- MH CET (MBA/ MMS) Entrance Guide by Disha Publications
- Maharashtra MBA CET Books by CET King Publications
- Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examination, Guha.
- Mathematics for MBA Entrance Exams by R.S. Agarwal
- Study Material on all sections of MBA CET Maharashtra by Chandresh Agarwal
The mock tests will help the candidate to analyze his/her speed of doing questions in the exam. Moreover, as a result of solving the mock test, the candidate can become aware of the areas that are taking more time and thus require more practice.
Previous Year Question Papers
The candidates can get a fair amount of idea about the syllabus after solving the previous year papers. Moreover, the candidate can analyze his/her weak spots in the syllabus and time required to solve the entire paper. Thus MAH CET previous year papers will help him/her in planning his/her preparation.
Several coaching centers are there for MAH CET 2020 especially in Mumbai, some of them are:
- MBA Pathshala LLP
- IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd
- Unique classes
- Study Campus
MAH CET 2020 Admit Card
The Admit Card will be issued online only on the official website of DTE, Maharashtra and no hard copy will be sent through the post. The candidate has to enter his/her Registration number and password/Date of Birth to access the MAH CET 2020 Admit Card.
If any discrepancies are there in the admit card, the candidate needs to immediately contact the conducting authority.
How to Download the Admit Card?
The candidate needs to follow the given steps:
- Visit the MAH CET official website.
- Click on the 'Admit card' link.
- Enter your registration number and password/Date of Birth.
- Download and take a printout of your admit card.
MAH CET 2020 Exam Centres
The candidates have to choose their desired Exam center at the time of applying for the exam. A candidate has to choose 3 exam centers in the order of their preference. The choice of the center will be final and once selected, the center cannot be changed.
The various exam center for the exam are as follows:
|Exam Centres In Maharashtra||Exam Centres outside Maharashtra|
|Bhandara||Mumbai Sub Urban||Satara||Gandhinagar|
Documents required at the Exam Centre
The candidates must carry the following documents to the Exam Centre:
- MAH CET Admit card
- A valid Photo ID
For more information, visit MAH CET 2020 Exam Centres.
MAH CET 2020 Result
The results for the exam will be declared on the official website of the DTE in the last week of March. The candidates will need their registration number and password to access their MAH CET 2020 result.
Then, a merit list will be prepared by the DTE based on the result. The merit list will contain State merit number, regional merit number, and category merit number.
How to View the MAH CET Result?
To view the result, the candidate needs to undertake the following steps:
- Visit the official website of MAH CET.
- Enter your registration number, password, etc., and click on the Submit button.
- Download the result and get it printed for future use.
MAH CET 2020 Cutoff
The MAH CET is released by each institute after the results are declared. The Cutoff varies from one college to another. The cutoff is also different for each category.
The MAH CET 2020 cutoff depends upon many factors like the number of seats available, difficulty level of the paper and the number of candidates appearing for the exam.
The Selection Process for Admission through MAH CET starts with the written exam. Based on the result of the written exam, cutoffs are released by the individual institutes and candidates above the cutoff are called for further process. The further process is called CAP (Centralized Admission Process )
The institutes then have their uniques procedures for selection, which may involve Group Discussion, Personal or panel Interview, WAT, etc. Finally, based on the score obtained in all the rounds each having their weightage, the students will be given a call letter to join the institute.
MAH CET 2020 Counseling
The candidates will get notified about the counseling either through mail or SMS. The candidates can take part in The MAH CET 2020 Counselling by visiting the official website of the DTE and adding their login credentials.
The process of counseling comprises 3 steps document verification, photo verification, and signature verification.CAP is the Centralized Admission Process introduced by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) to 400 - B-Schools in Maharastra. CAP consists of four rounds. The candidates who qualify for MAH CET will be allocated in any one of the sessions depending upon the score of the candidate.
Proof: Any identity proof like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, etc is required for the MAH CET 2020 counseling.
Courses Offered Through MAH CET
Various courses are offered by the different institute under MAH CET which are given as follows:
|MBA(Masters of Business Administration)||2 Years|
|MMS(Master of Management Studies)||2 Years|
|PGDM(Post Graduate Diploma in Management)||2 Years|
|PGDBM( Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management)||2 Years|
Guidelines for MAH CET exam 2020
- Candidate without the Admit Card and the photograph pasted on the admit card will not be permitted to appear for the MAH CET examination.
- The candidate is requested to report to the exam venue at least 30 minutes before the reporting time mentioned on the admit card.
- Candidates are not allowed to enter the examination hall after the commencement of the examination.
- The candidate’s photograph affixed to the hall ticket should reasonably match with the uploaded in the online application form failing which the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the examination.
- The signature that the candidate has done in the exam and the one that is uploaded should be the same. In case of discrepancy, the candidate will not be allowed to write the examination.
- The candidate is not allowed to carry any personal belongings to the exam center including but not limited to wrist-watch, cell phones, calculators, etc., If the candidate is carrying any personal item, it should be kept outside the class at candidate's risk. The examination center will not responsible for any loss or damage to such items
- If the candidate completes the exam before the scheduled end time, he/she will not be allowed to leave the exam hall.
- Having in possession of any notebook(s) or notes or chits or any other unauthorized material concerning the subject pertaining to the examination paper's respective action will be taken by the authority.