NEET MDS 2021 Exam is a ranking cum eligibility examination that is valid for entry to the Masters of Dental Surgery courses. NBE (National Board of Examinations) is the conducting authority which has announced NEET MDS 2021 Exam Dates. NEET conducts its examination for admission to MDS courses.
Latest News on NEET MDS 2021
- NEET MDS Result 2021 to be Declared Today - Published on December 31, 2020
- December 31, 2020: The results for NEET MDS 2021 are declared. Candidates who had taken part in the exam can check their results through the direct link provided in the NEET MDS Results page.
- What is NEET MDS?
- NEET MDS 2021 Exam Date
- NEET MDS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- NEET MDS 2021 Syllabus
- NEET MDS 2021 Application Form
- NEET MDS 2021 Exam Pattern
- NEET MDS 2021 Admit Card
- NEET MDS 2021 Exam Centres
- NEET MDS 2021 Results
- NEET MDS 2021 Counselling
- Reference Books
What is NEET MDS?
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Masters of Dental Surgery (NEET MDS 2021) is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission in various Post Graduate MDS Courses under Dentists Act, 1948. No entrance examination, other than NEET MDS, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MDS Courses as per the Dentists Act, 1948.
The scores obtained in both, NEET BDS and the NEET MDS, will be accepted in all the top-ranking medical colleges, top-ranking dental colleges- government and private - at all India level.
All India 50% quota seats for MDS courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Telangana). State quota seats for MDS courses for all States/ Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Telangana).
National Board of Examinations (NBE) conducts the NEET MDS 2021 Exam which was established by the Government of India in 1975. NEET MDS Exam is organized as a National level Examination for admission into Master of Dental Science (MDS). The NEET MDS Exam takes place once in a year. The NEET MDS is conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) which contains MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) with a single correct response.
The following Institution is not covered by centralized admissions for MDS seats through NEET MDS.
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER)
Candidates who want to apply for the NEET MDS Exam should make sure they fit the given eligibility criteria and then apply. If at any point in the entire process the applicant is found ineligible he or she will be disqualified. Candidates can visit the official website of the NEET MDS Exam and register themselves for the exam. The following table shows some important highlights regarding the NEET MDS exam.
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test - Masters of Dental Surgery|
|Acronym||NEET - MDS|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Courses Offered||MDS - Masters of Dental Surgery|
|Mode||Online i.e, Computer Based Test|
NEET MDS 2021 Exam Dates
The NEET MDS exam dates are fixed by the conduction authority i.e, National Board of Examinations. NEET MDS 2021 Application Form will be tentatively available on the official website from Oct 26, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form was Nov 15, 2020. The complete schedule for NEET MDS 2021 Exam is given below:
|Important Events of NEET MDS||Dates|
|Application Form Start Date||Oct 26, 2020|
|Application Form End Date||Nov 15, 2020|
|Admit Card Release Date||Dec 9, 2020|
|Examination Date||Dec 16, 2020|
|Results||Dec 31, 2020|
|Counselling Date||Mar 9, 2021|
NEET MDS 2021 Eligibility
It is advised that the candidate must check the NEET MDS 2021 Eligibility Criteria before filling the NEET MDS 2021 Application Form for the examination. The eligibility criteria for NEET MDS 2021 is given below:
- NEET MDS Candidate must have passed Bachelor of Dental Surgery awarded by a university or institute in India and registered with the State Dental Council and has obtained provisional or permanent registration and has undergone compulsory rotatory internship of a year in an approved/ recognized dental college.
- Eligibility for All India 50% Quota:
- Candidates who have studied/passed BDS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for 50% NEET MDS All India Quota seats.
- However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to apply for admission in NEET MDS.
- Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir to the following address along with the print out of the acknowledgement of submission of online application for NEET MDS 2021.
- Candidates who are pursuing their final year UG will be accepted by the board. However, the candidates must complete their internship program before the NEET MDS 2021 Exam.
Note: To be eligible for NEET MDS 2021 applicant have to finish his or her internship before the cut-off date i.e. March 31, 2021.
NEET MDS 2021 Syllabus
The final syllabus will be released by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) for NEET MDS
- The syllabus for the NEET MDS exam shall be that of BDS standard and shall cover all the subjects/ syllabus taught during the BDS course as prescribed in the DCI Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007 as amended from time to time.
- Candidate should start to prepare for the NEET MDS examination as earlier as possible to get a good score in the final exam.
Mentioned below is the Syllabus of NEET MDS
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
- Dental Materials
- General Anatomy including embryology and histology
- General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- General human physiology and Biochemistry
- General Medicine
- General Pathology and Microbiology
- General Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
- Public Health Dentistry
NEET MDS 2021 Exam Pattern
NEET MDS 2021 will be conducted online Computer-based Test (CBT) as per scheme prescribed. NEET MDS 2021 comprises 240 Multiple Choices Questions (MCQs) with a single correct response. Candidates shall be given 3 Hours i.e. 180 minutes to complete the examination. 4 marks will be awarded for the correct response and 1 mark will be deducted for the incorrect response and No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions. The NEET MDS 2021 question paper will be in the English language. Mentioned below is a subjectwise/topic-wise distribution of marks for NEET MDS.
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||14|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology||14|
|General Anatomy including embryology and histology||14|
|General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||14|
|General human physiology and Biochemistry||14|
|General Pathology and Microbiology||14|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||14|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||14|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||14|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||15|
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||15|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||14|
|Public Health Dentistry||14|
NEET MDS 2021 Application Form
Through the official website, NEET MDS 2021 Application Form can be filled. The Application Form is available from Oct 26, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on Nov 15, 2020. The NEET MDS 2021 Application form does not let a Candidate change major information such as Gender, Name, Date of Birth, etc. So, a candidate must fill their NEET MDS form carefully and review it before submission.
How to fill the NEET MDS 2021 Application Form?
Step 1: Go to the NEET MDS Website
Step 2: Click on the 'New Registration' tab
Step 3: Create a profile using Email and Contact Number
Step 4: Upload Images (Passport Size Photograph, Signature)
Step 5: Fill other details and Schedule your exam (Date and Time)
Step 6: Make the payment
Step 7: Take a printout
NEET MDS 2021 Application Fee
Candidates from General/ Other Backward Classes (OBC) have to pay INR 3750, candidates from the Reserved category have to pay INR 2750 as registration fee for NEET MDS. You can use Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card to make the payment. Make sure you keep the NEET MDS payment receipt for future reference.
Documents/Details required to fill NEET MDS 2021 Application Form
- Personal Details (Name of the Candidate, Date of Birth, Email, Contact No., Name of parents, Address, etc.)
- Educational Qualification (Details of UG, Internship, and High School)
- Passport Size Photograph
NEET MDS 2021 Reference Books
- Here are some of the reference books for NEET MDS prescribed by the professors and toppers which is listed below:
- Dental Pulse
- Dentist by Dr Gowrishankar
- Dentist -Clinical Sciences by Dr Gowrishankar
- Dentist Basic Sciences by Dr Gowrishankar
NEET MDS 2021 Exam Centres
NEET MDS 2021 consists of 51 Exam Centre located across different cities in the country. Candidates are permitted to chose there preferred NEET MDS 2021 Exam Centre as per their choice.
- At the time of online submission of NEET MDS 2021 Application Form, a candidate will be required to choose the city in which he/she wants to take the test.
- The choice of the city for NEET MDS will depend on the availability of the test centres in a particular city and the allotment shall be done on first come first serve basis i.e, based on the number of applications received and the availability of the seats in the centre, the NEET MDS 2021 Exam Centre will be allotted.
- All NEET MDS candidates at the centre shall be frisked by security guards and biometric information shall be captured.
- Candidates must carry valid id proof along with the NEET MDS 2021 Admit Card to the Exam Centre without fail.
Note: Candidates failing to carry a valid photo ID proof (Aadhaar/Voter ID Card) with NEET MDS Hall Ticket/Admit Card to the Exam Centre will not be allowed inside the exam hall.
- Candidates should appear 1 hour before the NEET MDS 2021 Exam for the document verification.
NEET MDS 2021 Admit Card
Admit Card for the NEET MDS 2021 was available on the official website from Dec 9, 2020. Candidates are required to download their Admit Card from the website and affix their latest passport size photograph in the space provided on the Admit Card.
- NEET MDS Admit card will not be sent to the candidates by post, the candidate has to download by themselves through online mode only. Candidates can download the NEET MDS 2021 Admit Card by signing into their profile and entering the registration number and passcode on the official website.
- NEET MDS 2021 Candidate should carry any one of the following Id proof during the day of exam PAN Card, Voter Id, Driving License, Passport, and Aadhar Card. The NEET MDS 2021 Admit Card contains the personal details, exam centre, photograph and signature of the aspirant.
- NEET MDS 2021 Admit Card becomes available to download within 24 hours of Application Form Fee submission.
How to download NEET MDS 2021 Admit Card
Once the NEET MDS 2021 admit card is released on the official website, candidates will be able to download it with their login credentials. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to download the NEET MDS Admit card.
- Go to the NBE official website (www.nbe.edu.in).
- Click on the link that will direct to 'download admit card'.
- Check if the details are correct or not.
- Print and attach your recent passport size photograph.
NEET MDS 2021 Results
- NEET MDS 2021 Results will be declared online on the official website on Dec 31, 2020. Students can visit the website now to download the scorecard.
- The validity of the NEET MDS result shall be only for the current admission session i.e. 2021 and cannot be carried forward for the next session of admissions for MDS courses.
- The NEET MDS Cut-off will depend on the category wise which is shown in the below table:
|Category||NEET MDS Minimum Cut-off|
|SC, ST, and OBC||40 percentile|
|Physically Handicapped||45 percentile|
- NEET MDS Merit list will be divided into 3 sections namely
- NEET MDS 2021 Rank
- All India 50% Quota Rank
- All India 50% Quota Category Rank.
How to download NEET MDS Result
Follow the steps mentioned below if the NEET MDS result is declared in a merit list form.
- Go to the official website of NBE (The exam body)
- Click on the NEET MDS Tab
- Go to the important announcement section, find result link, and click on it.
- NEET MDS Result PDF will appear on the screen on a separate window.
- The NEET MDS result will appear in the form of Merit List. Press Ctrl+F and enter your roll number.
- Check your NEET MDS result.
- Download the PDF for future reference.
Follow the steps below to check individual result for NEET MDS. (NBE may or may not provide an individual scorecard.)
- Follow the initial steps mentioned above, a login page will appear for the individual scorecard.
- Use your NEET MDS credentials and click on submit.
- Review your NEET MDS Score Card, download it, and take a print.
NEET MDS 2021 Counselling
Note: The final round result of NEET MDS 2021 Counselling is released now. Selected candidates should report/connect the institute within the stipulated time and follow the admission procedure to avail the seat allotment. Read below to know more:
- NEET MDS 2021 Counselling dates are yet to be announced.
- There shall be common a NEET MDS counselling for admission to all post-graduate courses (Diploma/MDS) in all dental educational institutions based on the merit list of the NEET.
- In case, any dispute arises on such common NEET MDS counselling, the matter to the Central Government and its decisions shall be final, in this regard.
- The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) will conduct NEET MDS 2021 Counselling. The Counselling process which is done on the behalf of MCC (Medical Counselling Committee)will be conducted purely online for admission to 1300 MDS seats available nationwide under All India Quota (AIQ).
- The NEET MDS 2021 Counselling process will have 2 or more rounds, depending upon the filling of seats.
- Candidates who fail to submit the fee in due time of the NEET MDS counselling round will not get the seat. And that seat will be open to competing in the next round.
- The NEET MDS Institutions are divided into 3 categories: Deemed, Central University, and AIQs. Candidates are requested to go through all to make a wise decision based on their rank. To know more about colleges click on the College tab at the Dashboard.
Note: NEET MDS Candidates are advised to regularly visit the website of MCC, NBE & State Counseling Authorities for the latest updates.
General Instructions for NEET MDS
- The selection and admission to Postgraduate seats under NEET MDS in any dental institutions recognized for running MDS courses as per Dentists Act, 1948 is subject to fulfilling the admission, eligibility, medical fitness, and such criteria as may be prescribed by the respective universities, medical institutions, Dental Council of India, State/Central Government.
- Applications of NEET MDS candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBE/ MoHFW/ Other Institutions. Incomplete applications or applications not per instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates’ NEET MDS eligibility is purely provisional & is subject to the fulfilment of eligibility criteria as prescribed by the NBE/ DCI/ University/ Dental College or Institute.
- Requests are not entertained for a change in the examination centre or city. Absentees from the NEET MDS examination will forfeit their examination fee. Possession/Use of mobile phones/Electronic devices is strictly prohibited in the premises of NBE test centres.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the NEET MDS examination premises until the entire duration of the exam is up except genuine medical conditions.
- A demo test shall be available for the benefit of NEET MDS candidates to familiarize themselves with the Computer Based Test format at website www.nbe.edu.in. Applicants will be able to access the Demo test.
NEET MDS Contact Information
The below given is the National Board of Examinations (NBE) contact details which the candidate can contact for any emergency and queries regarding NEET MDS 2021.
CONTACT NBE (for exam-related queries)
Availability of seats and NEET MDS counselling- Contact Medical Counseling Committee (MCC), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India for seat availability, counselling, etc. for All India 50% Quota seats, Dental Educational Institutions of Central Govt., Universities established by an Act of Parliament and Deemed Universities.
Contact details for Admission related queries
Who conducts the NEET MDS Exam?
The NEET MDS Exam is conducted by the National Board of Examination also called as NBE.
Is there age limit for NEET MDS Exam?
Yes. There is an age limit for the NEET MDS Exam. When applying for the NEET MDS Exam, the age of the candidate must not be below 20 years.
How many attempts are allowed for the NEET MDS Exam?
There is no limit to the number of attempts one can take. Candidates can take the NEET MDS Exam any number of times.
Does the NEET MDS have negative marking?
Yes. The NEET MDS has negative marking. Candidates will lose one mark for every incorrect answer out of the total score of the exam.
How many seats are available for the NEET MDS Exam?
This year i.e. for the NEET MDS 2020, there are total of 6228 seats available.