NEET MDS 2020 Exam is a ranking cum eligibility examination that is valid for entry to the Masters of Dental Surgery courses. NBE (National Board of Examinations) is the conducting authority which has announced NEET MDS 2020 Exam Dates. NEET conducts its examination for admission to MDS courses.
Latest Update: NEET MDS Round 2 Counselling Results were announced on June 15, 2020. Check your counselling results here.
Read more about the NEET MDS Round-2 allotment letter here.
- What is NEET MDS?
- NEET MDS 2020 Exam Date
- NEET MDS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- NEET MDS 2020 Syllabus
- NEET MDS 2020 Application Form
- NEET MDS 2020 Exam Pattern
- NEET MDS 2020 Admit Card
- NEET MDS 2020 Exam Centres
- NEET MDS 2020 Results
- NEET MDS 2020 Counselling
- Reference Books
What is NEET MDS?
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Masters of Dental Surgery is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission in various Post Graduate MDS Courses under Dentists Act, 1948. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MDS Courses as per the Dentists Act, 1948.
The scores obtained in NEET PG and NEET MDS will be accepted at all the top-ranking medical colleges and top-ranking dental colleges- government and private - at all India level.
All India 50% quota seats for MDS courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Telangana).State quota seats for MDS courses for all States/ Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Telangana).
National Board of Examinations (NBE) conducts the NEET MDS 2020 Exam which was established by the Government of India in 1975. NEET MDS is conducted as a Nation Level Examination for admission into Master of Dental Science (MDS). NEET MDS is conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) which contains MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) with a single correct response.
The following Institution is not covered by centralized admissions for MDS seats through NEET-MDS:
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER)
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test - Masters of Dental Surgery|
|Acronym||NEET - MDS|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Courses Offered||MDS - Masters of Dental Surgery|
|Mode||Online i.e, Computer Based Test|
|Exam Date||20 December 2019|
NEET MDS 2020 Exam Dates
The exam dates are fixed by the conduction authority i.e, National Board of Examinations. NEET MDS 2020 Application Form was available on the official website from October 11, 2019 and the last date to submit the Application Form was October 31, 2019. The complete schedule for NEET MDS 2020 Exam is given below:
|Important Events to NEET MDS||Dates|
|Application Form Start Date||11th October 2019|
|Application Form End Date||31st October 2019|
|Admit Card (Released)||13th December 2019|
|Examination Date||20th December 2019|
|Results||January 15, 2020 (Declared)|
NEET MDS 2020 Eligibility
It is advised that the candidate must check the NEET MDS 2020 Eligibility Criteria before filling the NEET MDS 2020 Application Form for the examination. The eligibility criteria for NEET MDS 2020 is given below:
- Candidate must have passed Bachelor of Dental Surgery awarded by a university or institute in India and registered with the State Dental Council and has obtained provisional or permanent registration and has undergone compulsory rotatory internship of a year in an approved/ recognized dental college.
- Eligibility for All India 50% Quota:
- Candidates who have studied/ passed BDS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for 50% All India Quota seats.
- However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to apply for admission.
- Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir to the following address along with the print out of the acknowledgment of submission of online application for NEET-MDS 2020 latest by 30th November 2020.
- Candidates who are pursuing their final year UG will be accepted by the board. However, the candidates must complete their internship program before the NEET MDS 2020 Exam.
Note: To be eligible for NEET-MDS 2020 applicant have to finish his or her internship before the cut-off date i.e. 31 March 2020.
NEET MDS 2020 Syllabus
The final syllabus will be released by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) for NEET MDS 2020
- The syllabus for the exam shall be that of BDS standard and shall cover all the subjects/ syllabus taught during the BDS course as prescribed in the DCI Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007 as amended from time to time.
- Candidate should start to prepare for the examination as earlier as possible to get a good score in the final exam.
NEET MDS 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern for NEET MDS as follows:
NEET MDS 2020 will be conducted online Computer-based Test (CBT) as per scheme prescribed. NEET MDS 2020 comprises 240 Multiple Choices Questions (MCQs) with a single correct response. Candidates shall be given 3 Hours i.e. 180 minutes to complete the examination.4 marks will be awarded for the correct response and 1 mark will be deducted for the incorrect response and No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions. The question paper will be in the English language.
NEET MDS 2020 Application Form
Through the official website, NEET MDS 2020 Application Form can be filled. The four major steps of the application form are mentioned below:
- NEET MDS 2020 Application Form is available on the official website from October 11, 2019 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on October 31, 2019
- Create Profile, Upload Photograph, and Signature, Fill Application Form, Schedule Examination Date and Time, Make Exam Fee Payment.
- Candidates from General/ Other Backward Classes (OBC) have to pay INR 3750/-, candidates from the Reserved category have to pay INR 2750/- as registration fee for NEET MDS.
- Candidates have to upload the recently taken passport size photograph, signature, and other documents that are applicable.
NEET MDS Reference Books
- Here are some of the reference books for NEET MDS prescribed by the professors and toppers which is listed below:
- Dental Pulse
- Dentist by Dr. Gowrishankar
- DenTest -Clinical Sciences by Dr. Gowrishankar
- DenTest Basic Sciences by Dr. Gowrishankar
NEET MDS 2020 Exam Centres
NEET MDS 2020 consists of 51 Exam Centre located across different cities in the country. Candidates are permitted to chose there preferred NEET MDS 2020 Exam Centre as per their choice.
- At the time of online submission of Application Form, a candidate will be required to choose the city in which he/she wants to take the test.
- The choice of the city will depend on the availability of the test centres in a particular city and the allotment shall be done on first come first serve basis i.e, based on the number of applications received and the availability of the seats in the centre, the NEET MDS 2020 Exam Centre will be allotted.
- All candidates at the centre shall be frisked by security guards and biometric information shall be captured.
- Candidates must carry valid id proof along with the Admit Card to the Exam Centre without fail.
Note: Candidates failing to carry a valid photo ID proof (Aadhaar/ Voter ID Card) with Hall Ticket/ Admit Card to the Exam Centre will not be allowed inside the exam hall.
- Candidates should appear 1 hour before the NEET MDS 2020 Exam for the document verification.
NEET MDS 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card for the NEET MDS 2020 will be available on the official website from December 13, 2019. Candidates are required to download their Admit Card from the website and affix their latest passport size photograph in the space provided on the Admit Card.
- Admit card will not be sent to the candidates by post, the candidate has to download by themselves through online mode only. Candidates can download the NEET MDS 2020 Admit Card by signing into their profile and entering the registration number and passcode on the official website.
- Candidate should carry any one of the following Id proof during the day of exam PAN Card, Voter Id, Driving License, Passport, and Aadhar Card. The NEET MDS 2020 Admit Card contains the personal details, exam centre, photograph and signature of the aspirant.
How to download NEET MDS 2020 Admit Card:
- Go to the NBE official website (www.nbe.edu.in).
- Click on the link that will direct to 'download admit card'.
- Check if the details are correct or not.
- Print and attach your recent passport size photograph.
NEET MDS 2020 Results
- NEET MDS 2020 Results was declared online on the official website on January 15, 2020. Students can visit the website now to download scorecard.
- The validity of the result shall be only for the current admission session i.e. 2020 and cannot be carried forward for the next session of admissions for MDS courses.
- The Cut-off will depend on the category wise which is shown in the below table:
|SC, ST, and OBC||40 percentile|
|Physically Handicapped||45 percentile|
- NEET MDS Merit list will be divided into 3 sections namely
- NEET MDS 2020 Rank
- All India 50% Quota Rank
- All India 50% Quota Category Rank.
NEET MDS 2020 Counselling
- NEET MDS 2020 Counselling will commence from March 12, 2020.
- There shall be a common counselling for admission to all post-graduate courses (Diploma/MDS) in all dental educational institutions based on the merit list of the NEET.
- In case, any dispute arises on such common counselling, the matter to the Central Government and its decisions shall be final, in this regard.
Note: Candidates are advised to regularly visit the website of MCC, NBE & State Counseling Authorities for the latest updates.
General Instructions for NEET MDS
- The selection and admission to Postgraduate seats in any dental institutions recognized for running MDS courses as per Dentists Act, 1948 is subject to fulfilling the admission, eligibility, medical fitness, and such criteria as may be prescribed by the respective universities, medical institutions, Dental Council of India, State/Central Government.
- Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBE/ MoHFW/ Other Institutions. Incomplete applications or applications not per instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates’ eligibility is purely provisional & is subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria as prescribed by the NBE/ DCI/ University/ Dental College or Institute.
- Requests are not entertained for a change in the examination centre or city. Absentees from the examination will forfeit their examination fee. Possession /Use of mobile phones /Electronic devices is strictly prohibited in the premises of NBE test centres.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination premises until the entire duration of the exam is up except genuine medical conditions.
- A demo test shall be available for the benefit of candidates to familiarize themselves with the Computer Based Test format at website www.nbe.edu.in. Applicants will be able to access the Demo test.
NEET MDS Contact Information
The below given is the National Board of Examinations (NBE) contact details which the candidate can contact for any emergency and queries regarding NEET MDS 2020.
In case the applicant is facing issues, the NBE Candidate Care Support is available via phone and email. Phone support is available during these times:
i. Monday to Friday from 11 October 2019-20 January 2020: 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
ii. 20 December 2019: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Examination day).
iii. Saturday, Sunday & Gazetted holidays NBE Candidate Care will be closed.
CONTACT NBE (for exam-related queries):
Availability of seats and counselling: Contact Medical Counseling Committee (MCC), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India for seat availability, counseling, etc. for All India 50% Quota seats, Dental Educational Institutions of Central Govt., Universities established by an Act of Parliament and Deemed Universities.
Contact details for Admission related queries: