***TANCET 2019 Result and Call Letter has been released for M.Sc (2 yrs) & M.Phil. Check Now***
Want admission in the most renowned MBA colleges in Tamil Nadu? Do not fail to grab the opportunity to pursue the MBA course from Anna University affiliated top MBA colleges. Get detailed instructions on how to prepare and crack TANCET exam.
- What is TANCET Exam?
- Exam Dates
- How to Prepare for TANCET?
- Application form
- How to apply?
- Exam Centres
- Admit Card
- Exam Pattern
- Reference Books
- Calculation of Scores
- General instructions
- Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is TANCET Exam?
TANCET Exam is a state level common entrance exam conducted by Anna University, Chennai. On behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu, Anna University conducts TANCET every year. It is an exam for Post Graduate courses in the State University's affiliated colleges in Tamil Nadu. TANCET opens new doors of opportunities for candidates aspiring to study: MBA, MCA, ME, M.Tech, M.Arch and the like in colleges across Tamil Nadu.
TANCET 2019 is an intra-state exam conducted every year, generally in the month of May. TANCET question paper will be in English and Tamil (the regional language). Anna University, Chennai has the TANCET Exam 2019, conducting authority. It also conducts counselling for TANCET 2019 for admission into major colleges in the state.
TANCET 2019 exam was scheduled to take place on May 19 and 20. It was conducted in pen and paper mode. TANCET Counselling will occur in July (tentative). Students clearing GATE exam for M.Tech need not additionally take TANCET 2019.
Most important dates for TANCET 2019 exam are mentioned below. Test-takers are requested to go through them. The important dates of TANCET 2019 consist of the application process, counselling, publication of Admit Card, date of the exam and the results declaration date.
Knowing the TANCET 2019 Exam Dates will keep candidates updated about all the important events.
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|TANCET 2019 Application Form Start date||April 2, 2019|
|TANCET 2019 Application Form Ends date||April 25, 2019|
|TANCET 2019 Admit Card date||May 10, 2019|
|TANCET 2019 Exam date (Released Officially)||June 22, 2019 to June 23, 2019|
|TANCET 2019 Result||July 15, 2019|
|TANCET 2019 Counselling Date||July 24, 2019|
Anna University, the conducting body has framed the eligibility criteria for TANCET 2019. Aspirants must indeed know about TANCET eligibility before applying for the exam. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria given below are eligible to apply for TANCET 2019.
The eligibility criteria for various courses offered by TANCET are mentioned in the table below:
|Age||No Upper Age Limit|
Candidates applying for TANCET should be familiar with the syllabus of the exam. The syllabus will be declared by Anna University before the Exam date. Given below are the syllabus of different courses which are offered by Anna University.
- MBA: TANCET 2019 Syllabus for MBA is framed with topics from Business Problems, Passage Comprehension, Mathematical Problems, Data Sufficiency, English.
- Thus, a student with a strong base in solving puzzles will do well in the Business Problems and Data Sufficiency. For the Mathematics section, a student must build his or her foundation from basic concepts.
- MCA: TANCET 2019 MCA Syllabus comprises topics from Quantitative Ability, Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, Verbal Activity, Basic Science.
- As most of the candidates aspiring to do MCA are from a Computer Science background, scoring in computer awareness section is a cake walk. But aspirants have to focus on other section as well.
- ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan: TANCET 2019 Syllabus for ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan contains topics from Mathematics, Science, and topics from the course chosen. We find that for these streams, TANCET 2019 Syllabus is common and hence requires the same kind of preparation.
- As the subjects are Science and Mathematics, one should lay a strong base and build on it.
How to prepare for TANCET?
Clearing TANCET Exam isn't that difficult when you have prepared yourself to face any question. Given below are a few tips which will help you crack the TANCET Exam with ease.
Keep practicing - There is no substitute for practice when it comes to exam preparation. Make sure that you solve enough previous year question papers, take up mock tests before the exam. Get the best study materials and books which can help you crack the exam.
Time Management - The easiest and the most effective way to master time management is by practicing TANCET question papers and analyzing how much time should be given to each section. Start with reading the question paper carefully. And then answer all those questions which are less time-consuming and are easy to solve. Try to solve tough ones later as you would have enough time to answer them.
Negative marks for wrong answers: For each wrong answer, you will lose 1/3 marks. So do not attempt a question until you are sure of the answer. Besides, you would be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer. So be careful while answering any question.
TANCET 2019 exam application form was available on the official website in the month of April 2019. Test-takers were allowed to fill the TANCET form till April 25th, 2019. TANCET 2019 Application Form costed around INR 500/- for General Category students. Above all, interested candidates should have completed a bachelor's degree with minimum 50% aggregate in their final exams.
|Mode of TANCET 2019 Application Form||Online|
|Application Fees||General/OBC - INR 500/- SC/ST/PWD (Physically Handicapped) - INR 250/-|
|Mode Of Payment||Debit/Credit Card/Net banking|
How can you apply for TANCET?
Steps to Register for TANCET 2019: To get clear clarification about TANCET 2019 Application process, students are suggested to go through TANCET 2019 Notification.
- Visit the website of Anna University i.e. annauniv.edu
- Click on ‘TANCET 2019 Registration’.
- Enter your Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, and Password to generate Registration Id and Password.
- Re-login to fill TANCET 2019 Application Form.
- Upload a recent passport size colour photograph.
- Pay the application fee as per your category.
While applying for the TANCET 2019 Exam there is an option where you can choose the exam centre that you prefer on the basis of factors like travelling time and distance.
- TANCET 2019 will be conducted in around 15 centres in Tamil Nadu. Candidates can select the exam centre based on their preference.
- However, Anna University, the conducting authority has complete power to change a particular test-taker's exam centre depending on the number of seats.
- Although candidates can prefer their TANCET exam centre, once if they lock a centre then it cannot be altered.
Note: It is advised in the interest of candidates to visit the exam centre once before TANCET 2019 exam, and get acquainted with the route and location of the test centre.
It is must for candidates writing TANCET 2019 exam to have an admit card. TANCET Admit Card will be available online in the official website from May 10, 2019. However, the date is tentative and aspirants should wait for the official notification.
- TANCET 2019 hall ticket will be available online only for a shorter span of time, hence candidates should download it before the exam authorities remove it.
- TANCET Admit Card Importance: Candidates are expected to carry their TANCET 2019 Admit Card to the exam hall as it is compulsory. Without the hall ticket, the examiner will not allow the candidate inside the TANCET Exam hall.
- Further, aspirants must carry an identity certificate with them for proof. These two documents are indispensable and a candidate must possess them.
To learn about TANCET Exam pattern is the first step in preparation. Anna University has designed the exam pattern which is discussed in this section below.
|Type of Exam||Offline (pen and paper)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Medium of exam||English and Tamil|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for the Correct Answers; -1/3 Mark for Wrong Answers|
Like armour is for a soldier, books are for a TANCET Exam aspirant. Preparation with the right study material will aid the student to score high. But before going through the reference books students are suggested to have look at TANCET 2019 Syllabus.
You can go for Arihant Publishers MBA and Tata McGraw Hill's TANCET books for an all-round preparation.
Candidates are suggested to go through TANCET 2019 Syllabus to achieve better results. Anna University will release the TANCET results on July 15, 2019 (tentative). TANCET 2019 Results play a crucial part in the student's life as it qualifies a candidate to the next stage.
TANCET results will be available on the official webpage. Anna University releases 3 separate TANCET rank-lists namely.
- GATE Category
- TANCET Category
- Sponsored Category
Calculation of Scores
Calculation of the final TANCET score is done on the basis of Raw Score and Normalized Score:
The calculation of Raw Score is done by the following formula:
r = Marks scored in Part-1 + Marks scored in Part-2 + Marks scored in Part-3
Raw score is calculated for different disciplines.
Calculation of Normalized Marks is done by the following formula.
n = 40 + (10/s) (r–m)
where s = standard deviation, m = mean marks (Total marks in all 3 sections divided by 3) and r = raw marks (total marks obtained in all 3 sections).
TANCET 2019 is the gateway to various postgraduate courses such as MBA, M.Tech, MCA and the like. A prospective candidate can look into the following table and get to know the courses offered after clearing TANCET 2019 exam.
|1||Master of Business Administration (MBA)|
|2||Master of Computer Application (MCA)|
|3||Master of Engineering (ME)|
|4||Master of Technology (M.Tech)|
|5||Master of Planning (M.Plan)|
|6||Master of Architecture (M.Arch)|
TANCET Counselling will be held by Anna University for admission into various courses in the affiliated colleges in Tamil Nadu. TANCET 2019 Counselling will be held on July 24, 2019 (tentative). Candidates who clear the TANCET 2019 cutoffs only can attend counselling. Important details regarding the TANCET 2019 Counselling process is as follows.
- Students will be expected to bring their original documents to the counselling process.
- After successful TANCET counselling, a candidate will be admitted in the college.
Make sure that you follow these general instructions given below -
- Candidates admitted through Lateral Entry in degree courses are not eligible except for aspirants from B.E./B.Tech. and MCA degree courses.
- Candidates with B.E./B.Tech. degrees obtained through Distance / Weekend mode are not eligible.
- Candidates with a degree obtained without studying Class 10th, 12th or 3 years degree program are not eligible.
- Other State Candidates can also appear for the entrance test, but the eligibility conditions will be framed by the admitting authority / University.
- A candidate registering for more than one program has to pay INR 500/- (INR 250/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu) for each additional program via online only.
- All the candidates should download the hall tickets from the Anna University website.
- Marks will not be deducted for the questions left unanswered.
- Candidates have to appear for the entrance test at the allotted centres at their own cost and risk.
- Every effort will be taken to comply with the candidate’s choice for TANCET 2019 entrance test centre. However, some other centre might be allotted to a few candidates if the exam centre cannot hold more number of candidates. In any case, a centre once allotted cannot be changed for any reason.
- The Question Book in each subject may have different versions. Each question book will have a unique serial number. The candidate must write and shade the question book serial number on the Answer sheet in the appropriate boxes.
- This is very important, as the evaluation will be based on what the candidates specified on the answer sheet. Any mistake committed in this regard may result in the answer sheet being rejected and the authorities will not be responsible.
The contact details of TANCET is given below:
Correspondence Address: The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) Centre for Entrance Examinations Anna University Chennai-600 025.
Is TANCET Exam very difficult?
No, compared to all other management entrance exams like CAT, XAT, SNAP, GMAT, TANCET is very easy.
Is TANCET compulsory for MBA?
A good score in TANCET would ensure you a seat in a few well-renowned colleges affiliated to Anna University which offers admission to MBA and MCA and PG courses. TANCET score is valid only in Tamilnadu. If you want to get admission in one of the colleges in Tamilnadu, then the TANCET score is compulsory for a regular course but if you are going to do correspondence course, then there is no need to write the TANCET exam.
How many colleges accept TANCET scores?
Almost 450 colleges in Tamil Nadu accept the TANCET scores while offering admissions to the candidates.
For how long is the TANCET score valid?
TANCET scores are valid until a year after the candidate has written the exam. If the candidate has appeared for TANCET Exam this year then you can appear only for that year's counselling process and for next year you have to write the exam again to get admission.
What is the cost of application form?
Cost of application form is INR 500/- for General Candidates and INR 250 for SC/ST candidates.
TANCET Exam Centre available in anyplace other than Chennai?
No, all the 15 exam centres of TANCET are present in Tamil Nadu.