Do you want admissions into the most renowned MBA colleges in Tamil Nadu? Do not fail to grab the opportunity to pursue MBA from Anna University affiliated top business schools. Get all detailed pieces of information on how to prepare and crack the TANCET Exam below.
- What is TANCET Exam?
- TANCET 2021 Exam Date
- TANCET 2021 Exam Eligibility
- TANCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- TANCET 2021 Syllabus
- TANCET Preparation
- TANCET 2021 Application Form
- TANCET 2021 Application Process
- TANCET 2021 Admit Card
- TANCET 2021 Exam Centres
- TANCET Reference Books
- TANCET 2021 Result
- Courses Offered
- TANCET Cut off Marks
- TANCET 2021 Counselling
- General Instructions
- How to prepare for TANCET?
- TANCET Exam Day Guidelines
- Contact Details
What is TANCET Exam?
TANCET stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. It is a state-level common entrance exam conducted every year by Anna University, Chennai. It is an exam for Post-Graduate courses in the state university's affiliated colleges in Tamil Nadu. The exam opens new doors of opportunities for candidates aspiring to study: MBA, MCA, ME, M.Tech, M.Arch in colleges across Tamil Nadu.
TANCET 2021 is an intra-state exam conducted every year, generally in May. The question paper will be in English and Tamil (the regional language). Anna University, Chennai is the conducting body of the TANCET Exam 2021. It also conducts counselling for the exam, for admission in the major colleges in the state. The exam is conducted within the state of Tamil Nadu itself.
TANCET 2021 Exam is scheduled to take place on the dates February 28, 2021 and March 1, 2021. It will be conducted in pen and paper mode i.e., offline mode. The TANCET Exam is conducted only once a year and consists of 100 questions for MBA/ MCA Programs and 115 questions for M.Tech/ M.E/ M.Arch/ M/Plan. The counselling process will occur in July (tentative). Students clearing the GATE exam for M.Tech need not additionally take the TANCET 2021.
If found that the candidate provides any untrue or misleading information while filling the application form then, the TANCET 2021 Exam Authority reserves all the rights to cancel the admission of the candidate at any level.
TANCET 2021 Exam Highlights
The exam details of TANCET 2021 are tabulated below:
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Anna University|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based (Offline)|
|Courses Offered||MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M.Arch, M.E, M.Plan|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Types of Question||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
INR 600 - General category
INR 300 - Reserved category
|Number of Test cities||15|
TANCET 2021 Exam Date
The important dates for TANCET 2021 Exam are mentioned below. Test-takers are requested to go through them. The important dates of TANCET 2021 comprise the application process, counselling, publication of admit card, date of the exam, and the results declaration date. The candidates should make sure that they do not delay in any of the dates mentioned by the examination authority, as it would lead to missing an opportunity for taking up the admission by the candidates.
The TANCET Exam 2021 is conducted for 2 days and the dates which are allotted for the candidates, including exam centre and exam timing, will be informed beforehand. Knowing the TANCET 2021 Exam Dates will keep candidates updated about all the important events. The dates relevant to TANCET 2021 are mentioned below:
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Application Form Start date||January 7, 2021|
|Application Form Last date||January 31, 2021|
|Registration Extended Date||February 4, 2021|
|Admit Card date||February 13, 2021|
|Exam date (Released Officially)||February 28, 2021 to March 1, 2021|
|Result Date||March 12, 2021|
|TANCET Scorecard download begins||March 23, 2021|
TANCET 2021 Eligibility
Anna University has framed the eligibility criteria for TANCET 2021 Exam. Aspirants must indeed know about the eligibility before registering for the exam. The candidates who are in the final year of their bachelor's degree are also eligible for applying for the exam.
Students who do not belong to Tamil Nadu state can also give the exam. The candidates who have completed their B.Tech/ B.E through distance mode or weekend courses are not eligible for the TANCET 2021 Exam.
Candidates who have a valid score in GATE are exempted from the TANCET Exam 2021 as they are directly eligible for the counselling. However, candidates with a valid score in engineering science and Life science need to appear for the exam. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria given below are eligible to apply for the TANCET 2021. The eligibility criteria for various courses offered by Anna University are mentioned in the table below:
|Age||No Upper Age Limit|
For more information on eligibility, visit TANCET 2021 Eligibility section
TANCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Learning about TANCET 2021 Exam Pattern is the first step in preparation. The level of questions asked is mostly from 12th or graduation, but the candidate needs the required skills to even answer at that level. Anna University has designed the exam pattern of the TANCET 2021 Exam, which is discussed in this section below.
|Type of Exam||Offline (pen and paper)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Medium of exam||English and Tamil|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for the correct answers; -1/3 mark for wrong answers|
TANCET 2021 MBA Section Wise Distribution
The subject wise exam pattern of TANCET 2021 MBA Exam is given below. There will be 5 sections comprising 20 questions each.
|Sections||Number of Questions|
TANCET 2021 MCA Section Wise Distribution
The subject wise exam pattern of TANCET 2021 MCA Exam is given below. There will be 4 sections comprising 25 questions each.
|Sections||Number of Questions|
TANCET 2021 M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch. Section Wise Distribution
The subject wise exam pattern of TANCET 2021 M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch. Exams are given below. There will be 3 sections in which the first 2 parts comprise 20 questions each and Part 3 comprises 60 questions. Part 3 is chosen by the candidate according to the course he/she wants to pursue.
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|Basic Engineering and Sciences||20|
|Part 3 (as per specialization)||60|
- There will be negative marking, where 1/3rd mark is deducted for each wrong answer.
- If the candidate has marked or bubbled more than one option, then the same will be considered as a wrong answer.
- There will not be any negative marking for the questions which are not answered.
TANCET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates applying for the TANCET Exam should be familiar with the syllabus of the exam. The TANCET 2021 Syllabus includes five sections i.e., Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Sufficiency, General English, Business Analysis. The syllabus will be declared by Anna University before the exam date. Given below are the syllabus of different courses which are offered by Anna University.
The reading comprehension and general English sections are at a moderate level in terms of difficulty, but the remaining sections need more focus as it requires lots of skills for the candidate to crack such parts.
TANCET Syllabus MBA
TANCET 2021 Syllabus for MBA is framed with topics from Business Problems, Passage Comprehension, Mathematical Problems, Data Sufficiency, English. Thus, a student with a firm base in solving puzzles will do well in the Business Problems and Data Sufficiency. For the Mathematics section, a student must build his or her foundation from basic concepts. The detailed syllabus of TANCET 2021 MBA Exam is discussed below in the table.
Reading Comprehension & Verbal Ability
Reading Comprehension, Synonyms, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Grammar, Vocabulary, Sentence Corrections, Idioms, Cloze Test, One Word Substitution.
Number System, HCF LCM, Percentages, Ratios, Averages, Simple & Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Mixtures & Allegations, Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations, Logarithms, Series and Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Surds & Indices, Functions, Inequalities, Modulus, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Set Theory.
Data Sufficiency section also does not have set syllabus. The questions will mainly be based on Number Systems, Arithmetic Topics, and Algebra. Questions on topics of Data Interpretation like Pie Chart, Line Graph, Bar Graph, and Tables can also be expected.
This section of the TANCET 2021 Topics does not have any predefined syllabus. Candidates will be given business situations in paragraph form, which will be followed by some questions.
TANCET Syllabus MCA
As most of the candidates aspiring to do MCA are from a Computer Science background, scoring in the computer awareness section will be a cakewalk. But aspirants have to focus on other sections as well. TANCET 2021 MCA syllabus comprises topics as mentioned below.
The syllabus for this section is the same as the TANCET 2021 MBA Exam. Therefore, the topics to be studied are - Number System, HCF LCM, Percentages, Ratios, Averages, Simple & Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Mixtures & Allegations, Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations, Logarithms, Series and Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Surds & Indices, Functions, Inequalities, Modulus, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Set Theory.
Analytical Reasoning & Logical Reasoning
Linear and Circular Arrangements, Selections, Coding & Decoding, Direction Sense, Blood Relations, Series, Analogies, Decision Making, Binary Logic, Syllogisms, and Puzzles.
Computer Hardware, Controls, Basic Terminology, Internet & Protocols, Network Basics, Computer Abbreviations, Security Tools, Shortcuts, History of Computer, Memory, Computer Organization, Input-Output tools, Computer Architecture, Languages, and Algorithms.
TANCET Syllabus ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan
TANCET 2021 Syllabus for ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan contains topics from Mathematics, Science, and topics from the course chosen. We find that for these streams, TANCET 2021 Syllabus is common and hence requires the same kind of preparation. As the subjects are Science and Mathematics, one should lay a strong base and build on it. Candidates can check the detailed list of the syllabus as mentioned below.
Part 1 - Engineering Mathematics
- Determinants and Matrices
- Calculus and Differential Equations
- Vector Calculus
- Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration
- Numerical Methods
- Applied Probability
Part 2 - Basic engineering and sciences
- Applied Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Material Science
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Part 3 - Group A
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Part 3 - Group B
- Automobile Engineering
- Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Geo – Informatics
- Instrumentation, Electronics and Control Engineering.
- Leather Technology
- Material Science and Ceramic Technology
TANCET 2021 Preparation
Clearing TANCET Exam isn't that difficult when the candidates have prepared yourself to face any question. Given below are a few tips which will help you crack the TANCET 2021 Exam with ease.
How to prepare for TANCET?
There are some guidelines for the candidates to follow, for preparing for the TANCET 2021 Exam.
- Candidates should prepare for the TANCET 2021 approximately two months before the exam. They should start with the syllabus common for the exam. Prepare a chart.
- Candidates must remember that it is necessary to prepare a plan because they are preparing for the exams at home. Some distractions may occur, diverting them from their purpose. But they should follow the study plan properly.
- Study 8-10 hours per day.
- Attempt mock tests. It will give an idea to manage time efficiently.
- Solve TANCET previous year question papers.
- Make short notes on the important topics and do a quick revision.
Apart from all these, candidates can also refer to the below-stated points for the TANCET Preparation.
There is no substitute for practice when it comes to exam preparation. Make sure you solve enough previous year question papers, take up TANCET 2021 Mock Tests before the exam. Get the best study materials and books which can help you crack the exam.
The easiest and the most effective way to master time management is by practising previous year's TANCET Question Papers and analyzing how much time should be given to each section. Start with reading the question paper carefully. And then answer all those questions which are less time-consuming and are easy to solve. Try to solve tough ones later, as you would have enough time to answer them.
Negative marks for wrong answers
For each wrong answer, you will lose 1/3 marks. So do not attempt a question until you are sure of the answer. Besides, you would be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer in the TANCET 2021 Exam. So be careful while answering any question.
TANCET 2021 Application Form
The registration for TANCET 2021 has been extended from January 31, 2021 to February 4, 2021. Candidates willing to apply can visit the official website and apply for the exam. The application fee will vary as per the course a candidate chooses to apply.
|Course||General Category Fee||SC/ST Category Fee|
|MBA||INR 600||INR 300|
|MCA||INR 600||INR 300|
|M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||INR 600||INR 300|
|MBA and MCA||INR 1200||INR 600|
|MBA and M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||INR 1200||INR 600|
|MCA and M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||INR 1200||INR 600|
|MBA, MCA and M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||INR 1200||INR 900|
Any changes which the candidate wants to make regarding personal or academic details are needed to be done before submitting the application form. And interested candidates should have completed a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate in their final exams.
|Mode of TANCET 2021 Form||Online|
|Mode Of Payment||Debit/Credit Card/Net banking|
TANCET 2021 Application Process
Candidates aspiring for the TANCET 2021 Exam must complete the application process before the deadline. The application process and fee payment can be done in online mode only.
Documents required to fill TANCET 2021 Application Form
Before registering for the exam, candidates must have these documents while filling up the application form of TANCET 2021 Exam.
- Valid email ID and mobile number
- Passport-size photo. The photograph should be in colour and of the size minimum of 2-inch x 2 inches (51 mm x 51 mm).
- Tenth (S.S.L.C) registration number and year of passing
- Plus 2 (Higher Secondary) registration number and year of passing
- Copy of community certificate in pdf format (for those who come under SC/ST/SCA categories)
- Details of Credit/Debit card for online fee payment
Step-by-Step Processes to register for the TANCET 2021 Exam
The step-by-step process to complete the TANCET 2021 Application Form is given below.
- Candidates need to visit the official website of Anna University, i.e. annauniv.edu and click on the online registration link.
- A new page will be opened where candidates need to enter their name (as in SSLC mark sheet), email ID, mobile number and create a new password. Click on "Register"
Login and fill details
- A secret key is sent to the mobile number of the candidate. Candidates need to log in with their given credentials (Email ID and password) and the secret key.
- After logging in, candidates need to first enter their personal details such as gender, nationality, community, date of birth, address, nativity and pin code. After entering, click on the Next button.
- In the next section, enter all your academic details which include SSLC and HSC registration number, year of passing, qualifying degree and specialization.
- After entering the academic details, candidates need to choose the exam centre and choice of examination among MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M.Arch programmes under the TANCET 2021 Exam. Click on "Save and Continue".
- In this step, candidates need to upload their passport size coloured photograph. Check the preview before going to the next page of fee payment. After review, click on the upload button.
- Candidates from reserved category should also upload the caste certificate before the payment for the TANCET 2021 Exam.
- The last step is the application form fee payment. Candidates can pay the fee through debit card/credit card/net banking. Make sure you make the payment before the deadline. After successful payment of fees, the candidate must take the printout of the duly filled application form for future reference.
TANCET 2021 Admit Card
It is a must for candidates writing TANCET 2021 Exam to possess the admit card. The admit card will be available online on the official website from February 13, 2021 and candidates should take a print of the same as the hard copy of the TANCET 2021 Admit Card is not sent by the examination authority. TANCET 2021 Hall Ticket will be available online only for a short period, hence candidates should download it before the exam authorities remove it.
TANCET Admit Card Importance: Candidates are expected to carry their TANCET 2021 Hall Ticket to the exam hall, as it is compulsory. Without the hall ticket, the examiner will not allow the candidate inside. Further, aspirants must carry an identity certificate with them for proof. These two documents are indispensable and a candidate must possess them.
TANCET Admit Card Corrections: If the candidate finds any errors on the admit card like name, signature, or any details, the candidate must visit Anna University in person and get the errors corrected. The Anna University address is Center for Entrance Examinations, Anna University, Chennai- 25.
How to download TANCET 2021 Admit Card?
Follow these steps to download the TANCET 2021 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of TANCET.
- Enter the login credentials (email id and password)
- Click on the Login’ tab
- Click on ‘Hall Ticket’
- Download the TANCET 2021 Admit Card.
- Take a printout of the same for future references.
Details on TANCET 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can find the below-mentioned details in the TANCET 2021 Admit Card
- Candidate’s name
- TANCET 2021 Registration Number
- Date of birth
- Scanned images of photograph
- Date and time of exam
- Exam centre details
- Exam day guidelines
Note: In the case of loss of the TANCET 2021 Admit Card by the candidate, then the candidate can apply for duplicate hall ticket by paying INR 100 by Demand Draft in favour of The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai. After which the university provides the duplicate hall ticket containing the details of the exam.
TANCET 2021 Exam Centres
While applying for the TANCET 2021 Exam there is an option where you can choose the exam centre you prefer based on factors like feasibility, time, and distance. TANCET 2021 will be conducted in around 15 exam centres in Tamil Nadu. Candidates can select the exam centre based on their preferences as listed below.
|TANCET Exam Centres|
However, Anna University has complete power to change a particular test taker's exam centre depending on the number of seats. Although candidates can prefer their TANCET 2021 exam centre, once if they lock a centre then it cannot be altered. The candidate must be present in the exam centre before the reporting time.
Note: It is advised in the interest of candidates to visit the exam centre once before TANCET 2021 Exam, and get acquainted with the route and location of the test centre.
TANCET 2021 Reference Books
Like armour is for a soldier, books are for a TANCET Exam aspirant. Preparation with the right study material will aid the student to score high. Before going through the reference books, students are suggested to have a look at the TANCET 2021 Syllabus as well.
The list of books for each course is mentioned below.
TANCET 2021 Reference Books for MCA
- TANCET MCA (Upaveda Learning Solutions) by V V K Subburaj
- Master Guide by R Gupta/Amit M Agarwal
- TANCET Anna University, Superior Guide MCA by Sakthi
TANCET 2021 Reference Books for MBA
- TANCET MBA by V V K Subburaj
- Reasoning Test (Verbal & Non-Verbal)
- TANCET Data Interpretation Analysis by Ashok Gupta
- TANCET Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by R S Agarwal
TANCET 2021 Reference Books for M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan
- TANCET M.Tech/ME Exam Book by C.S Hariram Kumar, Janani, P Vigneshwari
- TANCET ME/M.Tech/M.Plan/M.Arch (Anna University) by Suda
- TANCET-Mechanical Engineering by Suda
- TANCET for ME, M.Tech, M.Arch, M.Plan by Bakshi
Check the detailed list of TANCET 2021 Reference Books
TANCET 2021 Result
The answer key for the exam will be released before a month of releasing the TANCET 2021 Results. If the candidate has any kind of issue related to the answer key regarding the wrong answers or suggestions such changes will be made and the final key will be released by the examination authority. Candidates are suggested to go through TANCET 2021 Syllabus to achieve better results.
Anna University will declare the results on March 12, 2021. TANCET 2021 Results play a crucial part in the student's life as it qualifies as a candidate for the next stage. If the candidate has lost the scorecard, he can apply for the Duplicate scorecard by paying INR 100 through demand draft in Favour of The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai. After the results are announced, the merit list/ rank list is prepared by the university. The candidates must preserve the TANCET 2021 Scorecard as it is required in the counselling process.
The results will be available on the official webpage. Anna University releases 3 separate categories of TANCET 2021 Rank Lists namely.
- GATE Category
- TANCET Category
- Sponsored Category
Calculation of Scores of TANCET
Calculation of the final TANCET 2021 Score is done based on the Raw Score and Normalized Score:
The calculation of the Raw Score is done by the following formula:
r = Marks scored in Part-1 + Marks scored in Part-2 + Marks scored in Part-3
A raw score is calculated for different disciplines.
Calculation of Normalized Marks is done by the following formula.
n = 40 + (10/s) (r–m)
where 's' = standard deviation, 'm' = mean marks (Total marks in all 3 sections divided by 3) and 'r' = raw marks (total marks obtained in all 3 sections).
TANCET Scorecard Content
The scorecard of TANCET contains the following details:
- Roll Number
- Actual Marks
- Normalised Marks
Courses offered after TANCET
TANCET 2021 is the gateway to various postgraduate courses such as MBA, M.Tech, MCA and the like. A prospective candidate can look into the following table and get to know the courses offered after clearing the TANCET 2021 Exam.
|1||Master of Business Administration (MBA)|
|2||Master of Computer Application (MCA)|
|3||Master of Engineering (ME)|
|4||Master of Technology (M.Tech)|
|5||Master of Planning (M.Plan)|
|6||Master of Architecture (M.Arch)|
TANCET 2021 Cut Off Marks
The Anna University, the examination authority, will release the cut off marks on the official website different for each category and each program. TANCET 2021 Cut Off is decided based on the factors such as difficulty level of the exam, the number of seats available, the number of candidates writing the test. The candidates who have scored more than the cut off are eligible for the TANCET 2021 Counselling.
TANCET 2021 MBA Cutoff
The TANCET 2021 Expected Cutoff (Category Wise) is mentioned in the following table:
|Category||Cutoff for TANCET MBA|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||35.25|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||25.5|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||22.5|
TANCET 2021 Score Vs Rank
Below table shows the TANCET 2021 Score Vs Rank
|Obtained Mark||TANCET Rank List|
For more information, visit TANCET 2021 Cutoff Section.
TANCET 2021 Counselling
TANCET 2021 Counselling will be held by Anna University for admission into various courses in the affiliated colleges in Tamil Nadu. The counselling will be held from April 9, 2021. Candidates who qualified the exam only can attend the counselling. Important details regarding the TANCET 2021 Counselling process are as follows.
The candidates who have scored more than the cut off are required to apply for the counselling and need to pay INR 300 as the counselling fee through Demand Draft. The candidates are then sent the call letter mentioning the date and place of TANCET 2021 Counselling. Students will be expected to bring their original documents to the counselling process. After successful TANCET 2021 Counselling, a candidate will be admitted to the college.
TANCET 2020 Counselling Highlights
The counselling summary of TANCET 2020 are tabulated below:
|Mode of registration||Online|
|Counselling fee||INR 300 (INR 150 for SC / SCA / ST Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu)|
|Mode of payment||Demand Draft|
|Eligibility for counselling||Qualified TANCET 2020 exam with good rank and scoreMBA - Candidates must have passed a bachelor’s degree with at least 50 per cent (45 per cent in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) marks in aggregate|
|Address||Government College of Technology (Auditorium), Thadagam Road, Coimbatore-13|
The documents required to bring for TANCET 2021 Counselling
- Caste Certificate
- Address Proof
- TANCET 2021 scorecard
- 10th marks sheet
- 12th marks sheet
- Graduation marks sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Requisite receipt of fee payment
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport Photographs (any other, if any mentioned by the examination authority).
TANCET Counselling Application Process
The exam authority has released the dates for the registration of TANCET 2021 Counselling process. The application process for the counselling has started from August 28, 2020, and it will continue until September 14, 2020. However, the last date to register for the TANCET 2021 Counselling has been extended till September 30, 2020. Candidates are requested to register themselves for the counselling process and carry all the mandatory documents at the time of counselling.
TANCET General Instructions
Make sure that you follow these general instructions given below -
- Candidates admitted through Lateral Entry in degree courses are not eligible except for aspirants from B.E./B.Tech. and MCA degree courses.
- Candidates with B.E./B.Tech. degrees obtained through Distance / Weekend mode are not eligible.
- Candidates with a degree obtained without studying Class 10th, 12th, or 3 years degree programs are not eligible.
- Other State Candidates can also appear for the entrance test, but the eligibility conditions will be framed by the admitting authority / University.
- A candidate registering for more than one program has to pay INR 500/- (INR 250/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu) for each additional program via online only.
- All the candidates should download the TANCET 2021 Hall Tickets from the Anna University website.
- Marks will not be deducted for the questions left unanswered.
- Candidates have to appear for the entrance test at the allotted centres at their own cost and risk.
- Every effort will be taken to comply with the candidate’s choice for TANCET 2021 entrance test centre. However, some other centre might be allotted to a few candidates if the exam centre cannot hold those numbers of candidates. In any case, a centre once allotted cannot be changed for any reason.
- The Question Book in each subject may have different versions. Each question book will have a unique serial number. The candidate must write and shade the question book serial number on the Answer Sheet in the appropriate boxes.
- This is very important, as the evaluation of the TANCET 2021 will be based on what the candidates specified on the answer sheet. Any mistake committed in this regard may result in the answer sheet being rejected and the authorities will not be responsible.
TANCET Exam Day Guidelines
Some guidelines to be followed on the exam day are listed below:
- Candidates must reach the exam centre at least an hour before the exam for the verification process.
- Do not carry any electronic items such as mobile phones, calculators, pagers inside the exam centre.
- Candidates TANCET 2021 Admit Card, along with photo-identity proof to the exam centre.
- Do not reach the exam centre late or candidates will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
TANCET Contact Details
In case of any queries regarding the TANCET 2021 Exam, candidates can contact the below-mentioned details.
Correspondence Address: The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) Centre for Entrance Examinations
Anna University, Chennai-600 025.
Helpline Number: 044-22358314