Looking forward to do LLB in Andhra Pradesh? AP LAWCET is an entrance exam conducted by Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU). Top universities like Dr.BR Ambedkar University accept AP LAWCET score. This exam is usually conducted in the month of May.
- What is AP LAWCET?
- AP LAWCET Exam Date
- AP LAWCET Eligibility
- AP LAWCET Syllabus
- AP LAWCET Apply Online
- AP LAWCET Exam Pattern
- AP LAWCET Hall Ticket
- AP LAWCET Exam Centres
- AP LAWCET Result
- AP LAWCET Cutoff
- Selection Process
- AP LAWCET Counselling
- How to Prepare for AP LAWCET?
- Courses offered through AP LAWCET
- Guidelines for AP LAWCET
- FAQs regarding AP LAWCET
- Related Exams
What is AP LAWCET?
The Andhra Pradesh Common Law Entrance Test (AP LAWCET) is a gateway for candidates who are seeking admission into following programs in the law colleges of Andhra Pradesh. It is conducted by Sri Krishnadevaraya University on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE).
- AP LAWCET is a state level examination.
- The courses that are offered through the AP LAWCET exam are 3-year course: Legum Baccalaureus/Bachelor of Law (LL.B) and 5-year Integrated course: Legum Baccalaureus/Bachelor of Law (LL.B).
- However, with the division of the state, two new entrance exams were introduced which are called – TS LAWCET and AP LAWCET.
- The paper will consist of three sections with two 30 questions per section and one 60 question section, a total of 120 questions.
- The topics candidates should prepare for include general knowledge, Mental ability, current affairs and aptitude for the study of law.
- Every correct answer will fetch one mark and there will be no deduction of marks for incorrect answers.
|AP LAWCET Overview|
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Authority||Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU), Anantapur on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Category||Undergraduate and Integrated|
|Exam Date||May 6, 2020|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response|
|Exam Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Marking Scheme||1 Mark for every correct answer No Negative Marking|
|Medium||English and Telugu|
|Official Website||sche.ap.gov in/lawcet|
AP LAWCET Exam Dates
The AP LAWCET Exam is scheduled to be held on a single day at multiple venues in Andhra Pradesh. The Application form will be available on the official website of the conducting authority.
The candidates can still fill the application form after the last date but with a late fee. The AP LAWCET Exam Date will be announced by the official conducting authority.
Below mentioned are some of the important dates related to events of AP LAWCET 2020:
|Availability of Application Form||March 16, 2020|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||April 24, 2020|
|Admit Card||May 1, 2020|
|Exam Date||May 6, 2020|
|Result||May 17, 2020|
|Counselling||May 31, 2020|
NOTE: The above-mentioned dates are tentative. It will be updated once the conducting authority releases the dates.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for AP LAWCET?
Only the candidates who satisfy the AP LAWCET Eligibility Criteria can apply for the exam. The candidate should be an Indian national to be eligible to apply for the exam.
The candidate must belong to either Andhra Pradesh or Telangana to claim the domicile quota. Candidates appearing for final year examination of the graduation of 3 or 5 Year degree, on the date of application are also eligible to apply.
There is eligibility based on each course which is given below:
- For 3 Year LL.B: Candidates must hold a completed graduate or postgraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST, 42% for OBC candidates) to satisfy eligibility criteria.
- For 5 Year LL.B: Candidates must have an aggregate of 45% marks in their Higher Secondary (HSC) or Intermediate examination from Andhra/Telangana state board. And the minimum requirement is 40% for SC/ST, 42% for OBC candidates to be eligible for AP LAWCET 2020 examination.
- For LL.M: Candidates appearing for the AP PGLCET 2020 must hold a completed B.L or LL.B graduate degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates).
|Age Limit||Education||Minimum Marks|
3 years LL.B
No Age Limit
in the qualifying exam
5 years LL.B
|10+2 or equivalent|
AP LAWCET 2020 Syllabus
The AP LAWCET Syllabus will cover various areas such as General Knowledge, Mental Ability, Current Affairs, Aptitude for the study of law.
In order to score high in the AP LAWCET Exam, the candidates are advised to go through the Reference Books covering the complete syllabus.
The questions for 5 years programs will be up to the level of class 11th & 12th. Candidates must be thorough with the basic principles of the law and the Constitution of India.
Candidates can prepare from these topics to score well in the examination.
AP LAWCET 2020 Application Form
The AP LAWCET Application Form can only be filled online. The candidates are required to pay application fee first and then proceed to fill the application form.
There are two modes by which an applicant can make the fee payment online and offline. The online mode payment can be made via Debit/Credit card or Net Banking. And offline payment can be made in the form of Cash at AP online centers.
The AP LAWCET 2020 application fee for LL.B is INR 750-/ and for LL.M is 850-/ excluding the processing fee.
The dates are tentative and they may change and once the dates are clarified in the official website it will be updated here.
|Application Availability||from March 16, 2020 to April 24, 2020|
|Correction Window||27th and 28th April 2020|
|Application Mode||Online via Credit/Debit Card/Internet Banking, Offline via cash at TS online/AP online centers|
|Application Fee||INR 850|
AP LAWCET 2020 Registration
In order to take up the AP LAWCET Exam, the candidates will have to register and fill up the Application Form. To register candidates will have to enter their Email ID and Phone number.
if the candidates fail to submit the Application Form before the last day, they will have to pay additional charges to submit the Application Form.
How to Apply for AP LAWCET?
The candidates will have to follow the steps given below to Apply for AP LAWCET Exam:
Step 1: Payment of Application Fee
- Go to the official website
- Click on Application Fee payment
- Enter the details asked
- Click on the initiate payment button
- Select the payment mode
Step 2: Know your payment status
- Click on Know your payment button
- Enter login details
- And check your payment status
Step 3: Fill the Application Form
- Fill the details that are asked
- Upload scanned image of photograph and signature
- Submit and take a printout of the form
Documents required to Apply for AP LAWCET
The following are the documents a candidate will need when he/she is applying for AP LAWCET Exam:
- Past academic details
- Marksheets of class 10 and 12
- Scanned image of the photograph and signature
- A valid credit/debit/net banking for fee payment
AP LAWCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The AP LAWCET Exam will be conducted in online mode i.e. Computer-Based Test (CBT). AP LAWCET 2020 question paper will contain Objective Type or Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), where candidates have to choose the right option among 4 choices.
1 mark is awarded for each correct answer and no marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer. Candidates must complete the exam within a duration of 90 minutes.
The total marks one can secure in the AP LAWCET Exam is 120 marks. Final qualified candidates will be ranked based on the cut-off range and total marks secured during the examination.
|Type of Exam||Online i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Type of Questions||Objective/ Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Medium of Exam||English and Telugu|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for the correct answer No negative marking|
AP LAWCET 2020 Admit Card
After the candidates have successfully submitted their Application Form, they can download the Admit card or hall tickets from the AP LAWCET official website. The download link will be made accessible for the candidates from May 1, 2020.
In order to download the AP LAWCET Hall Ticket, the candidates must enter the necessary credentials like their e-mail ID and Date of Birth.
It is mandatory for all candidates to carry their respective admit cards along with a valid photo ID proof to the examination hall to be allowed to appear for the AP LAWCET 2020 examination.
In case of failure to carry the above-said documents, the candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination centre.
How to Download AP LAWCET Admit Card?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to download AP LAWCET Admit Card from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Click on Download Admit Card link
- Step 3: Enter Register Number, Date of Birth, Hall ticket number and submit
- Step 4: Download and take a printout of Admit Card
AP LAWCET 2020 Exam Centres
The AP LAWCET Exam will be conducted in almost 16 cities in Andhra Pradesh. The candidates will be allowed to choose an Exam Centre which is convenient for them while filling the AP LAWCET Application Form.
Once the Exam Centre is allotted it will not be changed. The test centre and address will be available on the Admit Card.
The table below shows the cities where AP LAWCET Exam will be conducted:
Documents required on AP LAWCET Exam Day
The following are the documents which a candidate should carry to the AP LAWCET Exam Hall:
- Admit Card
- Government ID Proof
- A passport size photo
AP LAWCET 2020 Results
The AP LAWCET Result will be announced on the official website on May 17, 2020. Candidates can view the Results by filling in their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
There will be a separate Rank List for 3 years and 5 years courses. The marks obtained by the candidates will be valid for taking admission in 3-years/ 5-year LL.B programs in the law colleges of Andhra Pradesh.
How to Download AP LAWCET Result?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to download the AP LAWCET Result from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Click on the Result link
- Step 3: Click on the program that you have opted
- Step 4: Enter your Admit Card number
- Step 5: Click on the Submit button
- Step 6: Download and take a printout of the Result
AP LAWCET Cutoff
The AP LAWCET Cutoff is the minimum qualifying marks a candidate has to score to be eligible to get admission into the course that they have applied for.
The candidates who are applying should score a minimum of 35% to be eligible that is the candidates will have to score 42 marks out of 120.
There are no minimum marks for the candidates who belong to SC/ST category.
AP LAWCET Selection Process
The selection process is based on the Rank List. Only the students whose names appear on the AP LAWCET Merit List will be called for the Counselling Process.
AP LAWCET 2020 Counselling
The qualified students are eligible to apply for the AP LAWCET Counselling which will commence on May 31, 2020. Candidates can provide their preferences of colleges and courses for AP LAWCET 2020 admission during the Counselling process.
The admission will take place based on the marks scored and rank of the candidates in the exam. The Counselling will be conducted only in online mode.
The candidates are required to check out the counselling schedule and attend the same with the necessary documents.
How to Prepare for AP LAWCET?
The candidates who are aspiring to write AP LAWCET 2020 can follow the important Preparation tips given below:
- Before starting preparation, you have to make a proper timetable that covers all your subjects/topics of the officially prescribed syllabus.
- Make sure that you allot more time to a subject that needs more attention and from which more questions are asked each year.
- By solving previous year question papers, candidates will get familiar with the Exam Pattern and weightage distribution of various areas of study throughout the question paper.
- Candidates must take as many mock tests before the actual day of the test. Mock test papers help candidates identify their strong and weak areas. The mock test gives them the chance to strengthen those weak areas.
- There are a lot of Reference Books available candidates can refer those books to cover the whole Syllabus.
Courses offered through AP LAWCET
The table below shows the courses that are offered through the AP LAWCET Exam 2020.
|Legum Baccalaureus/ Bachelor of Law (LL.B)||Regular||3 years|
|Legum Baccalaureus/ Bachelor of Law (LL.B)||Integrated||5 years|
Guidelines for AP LAWCET
The AP LAWCET Application Form can be corrected in two ways. One is information list that candidates can correct and second, is candidates cannot correct themselves but can contact the authorities to correct it by producing supporting documents.
Category 1 - "Can Edit" are as follows:
|Details that can be CHANGED during Correction Window|
|The medium of Instructions in Qualifying Exam||Non Minority/Minority||Address for Correspondence|
|Place of Study: Intermediate/ Degree||Study Details||Mobile/Email ID|
|Mother’s Name||SSC Hall Ticket No.||Aadhaar Card details|
|Birth State||Special Reservation Category||Qualifying Exam – year of Appearing/Passing|
|Gender||Intermediate/Degree Hall Ticket Number & Year of Passing||Annual Income of Parents|
|Birth District||Type of Exam||Local Area Status|
Category 2 - The details under this category CANNOT be CHANGED by the Candidates.
With a written request made to CONVENER, AP LAWCET, through e-mail with valid supporting document (as mentioned in the table below) to affect the corrections will be accepted.
|The option of correction||Documents to Submit|
|Stream/Course||Hall Ticket of Qualifying Examination|
|Candidate’s Name||SSLC Mark List|
|Date of Birth|
|Photograph||Passport sized recent colored Photograph|
|Community/ reservation category||Certificate issued by Competent Authority|
|Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket Number||Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket No.|
AP LAWCET Contact Details
If there are any queries related to AP LAWCET Exam the candidates can contact the conducting authority:
- Address: Convenor, AP LAWCET - 2020, Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU), Anantapuramu, Pincode – 515003, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Phone Number: 08554-255893
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: sche.ap.gov.in
AP LAWCET FAQs
Q. If I make any mistakes in the Application Form how do I change it?
Ans. If the candidates cannot change certain information they can contact the conducting authority.
Q. Is it conducted in Offline mode?
Ans. No, AP LAWCET Exam is conducted only in online mode.
Q. Will my Registration Fee be refunded if I don't take up the exam?
Ans. No, the Registration Fee will not be refunded at any cost.
Q. Can I get Answer Keys offline?
Ans. No, Answer keys will be released on the official website of the conducting authority.