Looking forward to pursuing LLB in Andhra Pradesh? AP LAWCET is an entrance exam conducted by Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU). Top universities like Dr. BR Ambedkar University accept the AP LAWCET score. This exam is usually conducted in the month of May every year. This exam is a premium opportunity for the aspirants of Law as it is conducted for both 5-year integrated program of LLB and 3 Year program of LLB. To know more about Colleges participating in the AP LAWCET, and the college that you are aiming for, click on the College tab on the Dashboard, where you can find reviews and other relevant details.
- What is AP LAWCET?
- AP LAWCET 2021 Exam Date
- AP LAWCET 2021 Eligibility
- AP LAWCET 2021 Syllabus
- AP LAWCET 2021 Reference Books
- AP LAWCET 2021 Application Form
- AP LAWCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- AP LAWCET 2021 Admit Card
- AP LAWCET 2021 Exam Centres
- AP LAWCET 2021 Result
- AP LAWCET 2021 Answer Key
- AP LAWCET 2021 Cut off
- AP LAWCET Selection Process
- AP LAWCET 2021 Counselling
- Courses offered through AP LAWCET
- AP LAWCET Helpdesk
What is AP LAWCET?
The Andhra Pradesh Common Law Entrance Test (AP LAWCET) is a gateway for candidates who are seeking admission into the following programs in the law colleges of Andhra Pradesh. It is conducted by Sri Krishnadevaraya University on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE).
Provided below for your reference are the important AP LAWCET 2021 exam highlights.
|AP LAWCET Exam Highlights|
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Authority||Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU), Anantapur on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Category||Undergraduate and Integrated|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response|
|Exam Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Marking Scheme||1 Mark for every correct answer
No Negative Marking
|Medium||English and Telugu|
AP LAWCET 2021 Exam Date
The AP LAWCET Exam is scheduled to be held on a single day at multiple venues in Andhra Pradesh. The Application form will be available on the official website (sche.ap.gov.in).
The candidates also have an option to fill the application form after the last date but with an additional late fee. The AP LAWCET Exam Date will be announced by the official conducting authority.
Below mentioned are some of the important dates related to events of AP LAWCET 2021:
|Availability of AP LAWCET 2021 Application Form||Mar 11, 2021|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||May 15, 2021|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form with Extra Fee||To be announced|
|AP LAWCET 2021 Admit Card Release Date||Jun 24, 2021|
|AP LAWCET 2021 Exam Date||Jul 1, 2021|
|Result Date||Aug 5, 2021|
|Counselling Date||To be announced|
NOTE: All of the above-mentioned dates are tentative. It will be updated once the conducting authority releases the official notification.
AP LAWCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Only the candidates who satisfy the AP LAWCET Eligibility Criteria can apply for the exam. The first essential criterion for eligibility is that the candidate should be an Indian national to apply for the exam. The candidate must belong to either Andhra Pradesh or Telangana to claim the domicile quota.
There is also eligibility based on each course which is given below:
- For 3 Year LL.B: Candidates must hold a completed graduate or postgraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST, 42% for OBC candidates) to satisfy eligibility criteria.
- For 5 Year LL.B: Candidates must have an aggregate of 45% marks in their Higher Secondary (HSC) or Intermediate examination from Andhra/Telangana state board. And the minimum requirement is 40% for SC/ST, 42% for OBC candidates to be eligible for the AP LAWCET 2021 examination.
- For LL.M: Candidates appearing for the AP PGLCET 2021 must hold a completed B.L or LL.B graduate degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates).
|Course Name||Age Limit||Education||Minimum Marks|
|3 years LL.B||
No Age Limit
|Graduate Degree or Equivalent||
|5 years LL.B||10+2 or equivalent|
AP LAWCET 2021 Syllabus
The AP LAWCET Syllabus will cover various areas such as General Knowledge, Mental Ability, Current Affairs, Aptitude for the study of law. Candidates appearing for the AP LAWCET should thoroughly go through and study the syllabus. Some of the essential topics for the AP LAWCET 2021 Exam a candidate must go through are given below.
- AP LAWCET General Knowledge Syllabus
Indian Polity, Indian Constitution, Economy, Culture, and Heritage, History of India
- AP LAWCET Mental Ability Syllabus
Analytical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Direction and Distance, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Symbols and Notations, Syllogism, Analogies, Linear and Complex Arrangements
- AP LAWCET Study of Law Syllabus
Public and International Law, Labour Law, Intellectual Property Law, Mercantile Law
- AP LAWCET Current Affairs Syllabus
Polity, Economics, Awards, and Achievements, Scientific discoveries, National and International News.
AP LAWCET 2021 Reference Books
In order to score high in the AP LAWCET exam, the candidates are advised to go through the AP LAWCET Reference Books covering the complete syllabus. Candidates must be thorough with the basic principles of the law and the Constitution of India. Candidates can prepare from these topics to score well in the examination.
Some of the popular books for AP LAWCET are:
- Yearbooks By Manorama Publication
- Qualitative and quantitative aptitude by McGraw Hill Publication
- CLAT Study Package by A.P. Bharadwaj
AP LAWCET 2021 Application Form
The AP LAWCET Application Form can only be filled online. The candidates are required to pay the application fee first and then proceed to fill the application form.
|Application Availability||Mar 11, 2021 to May 15, 2021|
|Correction Window||To be announced|
|Application Mode||Online via Credit/Debit Card/Internet Banking|
|Application Fee||INR 750|
In order to take up the AP LAWCET 2021 Exam, the candidates will have to register themselves on the official website and fill up the Application Form. Candidates can follow the steps given below to apply for the AP LAWCET Exam.
Step 1: Payment of Application Fee
- Go to the official website.
- Click on 'Application Fee payment'.
- Enter the details asked on the displayed page.
- Click on the 'Initiate Payment' button.
- Select the payment mode and complete the payment.
Step 2: Know your payment status
- Click on the 'Know your Payment' button.
- Enter login details.
- Check your payment status.
Step 3: Fill the Application Form
- Fill in the details of the required fields.
- Upload scanned image of photograph and signature.
- Submit and take a printout of the form.
AP LAWCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Provided below are the important details with relation to the AP LAWCET Exam Pattern.
|Type of Exam||Online i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Type of Questions||Objective/ Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Medium of Exam||English and Telugu|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for the correct answer No negative marking|
AP LAWCET 2021 Admit Card
After the candidates have successfully submitted their Application Form, they can download the Admit card or hall tickets from the AP LAWCET official website. Students are advised to keep checking the website for any new information. The candidates can follow the steps given below to download AP LAWCET Admit Card from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Click on the 'Download Admit Card' link
- Step 3: Enter your Registration Number, Date of Birth, Hall ticket number and submit
- Step 4: Download and take a printout of Admit Card
AP LAWCET 2021 Exam Centres
The AP LAWCET 2021 will be conducted across 16 cities within Andhra Pradesh. The candidates will be allowed to choose an exam centre that is convenient for them while filling the AP LAWCET Application Form. The test center and address will be available on the Admit Card. The table below shows the cities where AP LAWCET Exam will be conducted.
Documents required on AP LAWCET Exam Day
The following are the documents that a candidate should carry to the AP LAWCET Exam Hall:
- AP LAWCET 2021 Admit Card
- Valid ID proof (Aadhar card, PAN card, passport, etc.)
AP LAWCET 2021 Results
The AP LAWCET Result will be announced on the official website. There will be a separate Rank List for 3 years and 5 years courses. The marks obtained by the candidates will be valid for taking admission in 3-years/5-year LL.B programs in the law colleges of Andhra Pradesh. The candidates can follow the steps given below to download the AP LAWCET Result from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Click on the Result link
- Step 3: Click on the program that you have opted
- Step 4: Enter your Admit Card number
- Step 5: Click on the Submit button
- Step 6: Download and take a printout of the Result.
AP LAWCET 2021 Answer Key
The AP LAWCET 2021 Answer Key will be released at least a day after the exam. The answer key will act as a provisional answer key. The provisional answer key can be challenged by candidates. The AP LAWCET Exam authority will consolidate all the valid challenges and subsequently, release the final answer key. The date of release of the answer key and the last date to challenge the AP LAWCET provisional answer key will be confirmed shortly.
How to Challenge AP LAWCET 2021 Answer Key?
In case, candidates observe any errors in the provisional answer key of AP LAWCET 2021 then they will be able to raise the challenge and rectify the mistake.
- Candidates should mail the issue to the concerned authority during the stipulated time of AP LAWCET 2021 Answer Key corrections. Candidates are required to mention their course (5 Year/3 Year), AP LAWCET Paper Code, AP LAWCET Roll Number, and the details of the wrong answer with rectification.
- The other method to challenge the AP LAWCET key is through the official website, candidates are required to log in using their credentials and apply for the challenge.
- A detailed notification will be released on the day of the exam or on the day of the Answer Key release which will have all the updated instructions on challenging the AP LAWCET Answer Key including Fee.
The AP LAWCET Exam Authority will scrutinize all the requests of the AP LAWCET Answer Key Challenge. The Final Answer Key will be released after considering all the requests if they are valid. The result will be prepared on the basis of the new answer key, and it will be released before the release of the result.
AP LAWCET 2021 Cut off
The AP LAWCET Cut Off is the minimum qualifying marks a candidate has to score to be eligible for admission into the course that they have applied for. The candidates who are applying should score a minimum of 35% to be eligible (i.e. the candidates will have to score 42 marks out of 120). There are no minimum marks for the candidates who belong to SC/ST category
AP LAWCET 2021 Selection Process
The selection process is based on the Merit List. Only the students whose names appear on the AP LAWCET Merit List will be called for the Counselling Process. The selection process consists of a counselling process that is completed in multiple rounds.
AP LAWCET 2021 Counselling
The qualified students are eligible to apply for the AP LAWCET Counselling which will commence after the results are announced. Candidates can provide their preferences of colleges and courses for AP LAWCET 2021 admissions during the Counselling process. The AP LAWCET admissions will take place based on the marks scored and rank of the candidates in the exam. The Counselling will be conducted only in online mode. The candidates are required to check out the counselling schedule and attend the same with the necessary documents.
The documents required for the AP LAWCET Counselling round are as follows:
- 10th and 12th mark-sheet/Intermediate or equivalent mark-sheet
- Caste Certificate (If required, to avail the reservation and other benefits)
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- AP LAWCET Admit Card
- AP LAWCET Score Card
- Aadhar Card
- Sports Certificates
Courses offered through AP LAWCET
The table below shows the courses that are offered through the AP LAWCET Exam 2021.
|Legum Baccalaureus/ Bachelor of Law (LL.B)||Regular||3 years|
|Legum Baccalaureus/ Bachelor of Law (LL.B)||Integrated||5 years|
AP LAWCET Helpdesk
If the candidates have any queries related to AP LAWCET then they can and should contact the conducting authority. The following are the contact details of the AP LAWCET authority.
- Address: Convenor, AP LAWCET - 2021, Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU), Anantapuramu, Pincode – 515003, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Phone Number: 08554-255233
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: sche.ap.gov.in
If I make any mistakes in the Application Form how do I change it?
If the candidates cannot change certain information they can contact the conducting authority. Some information can [Category 2] be changed during correction window. Candidates should check the official website for more information.
Is the AP LAWCET Exam conducted in Offline mode?
No, AP LAWCET Exam is conducted only in online mode i.e. The AP LAWCET Exam is a computer-based test.
Will my AP LAWCET Registration Fee be refunded if I don\'t take up the exam?
No, once the AP LAWCET Registration Fee has been paid by the candidate for the AP LAWCET Exam, it will not be refunded at any cost.
Can I get AP LAWCET Answer Keys offline?
No, candidates will not be able to find AP LAWCET Answer keys offline. The AP LAWCET Answer Keys will only be released on the official website of the conducting authority.
For admissions into which courses is the AP LAWCET Exam conducted?
The AP LAWCET Exam is conducted for admission into the 3 years and 5 year Law or LLB courses in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
What is the upper age limit for AP LAWCET Exam?
According to the notification released on the official website of the AP LAWCET, there is no upper age limit for the AP LAWCET Exam.
Can I apply to any Law Schools with AP LAWCET Score?
No, candidates cannot apply to any law school with the AP LAWCET Score. The AP LAWCET Exam score is valid only for the admission into 3-year and 5-year law programs/courses in the state of Andhra Pradesh.