The Indian Institute of Art and Design conducts iDAT(IIAD Design Aptitude Test) an eligibility test, for admission in IIAD'S undergraduate programmes in collaboration with Kingston University, London. The IIAD campus is located in New Delhi. The iDAT exam is conducted by The Indian Institute of Art and Design. Know more details about iDAT 2021 registration, syllabus and other important information below.
- What is iDAT?
- iDAT 2021 Exam Dates
- iDAT 2021 Eligibility
- iDAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- iDAT 2021 Application Form
- iDAT 2021 Application Process
- iDAT 2021 Admit Card
- iDAT 2021 Results
- iDAT 2021 Counselling
- iDAT 2021 Exam Guidelines
- iDAT 2021 Contact Details
- iDAT FAQs
What is iDAT?
The IIAD's Design Aptitude Test is a national level entrance exam taken up by many aspirants across the country. iDAT is being conducted in three cycles. Cycle 1 was scheduled in December 2020, Cycle 2 in March 2021, Cycle 3 in April 2021, Cycle 4 in May 2021, and Cycle 5 was scheduled in Jun 2021, but has been postponed to July 2021 . IIAD offers three undergraduate courses in collaboration with Kingston University, London. B.A.(Hons) in Fashion Design, B.A.(Hons) in Interior Architecture and Design, B.A.(Hons) in Communication Design.
The next session of the iDAT entrance exam will be conducted only through online mode. Candidates can go through iDAT 2021 Sample Question Papers for exam preparation. After the declaration of results, a merit list will be prepared and candidates will be called for the counselling process.
The IIAD Entrance Examination is conducted at various Test Centres and comprises the following parts/rounds based on the programme of interest.
For Interior Architecture, Communication Design, and Fashion Design & Design Applicants.
- Part A - IIAD Design Aptitude Test (iDAT)
- Part B - Studio Simulation
The ‘Studio simulation test’ is a two-hour activity in which a group of 10 to15 students will be given a brief along with the material. Applicants are required to create a 3D model using that material under the supervision of the faculty. then the conducting authority will judge them based on teamwork, creative thinking, innovation & problem-solving skills.
For Fashion Management Applicants.
- Part A - iMAT - IIAD Management Aptitude Test
- Part B - Personal Interview
For Fashion Business Management Applicants: Stage 1 - Students need to take an entrance test that is iMAT. The IIAD Management Aptitude Test will test your language, logical reasoning and creativity thinking. It's a written exam for two hours. The test has been conducted at various centers across the country as per the schedule. Stage 2: Students who appear in written iMAT must also appear for the Personal Interview at the IIAD campus in New Delhi.
The details about each round are a part of the Sample Paper which can be obtained upon successful completion of the Application Form.
|Full form||IIAD's Design Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Art and Design|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
iDAT 2021 Exam Dates
The iDAT 2021 admissions have concluded. Portfolio Assessment and Studio Simulation were not conducted this time.
iDAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Students who have passed 10+2 in CBSE/ISC/IB or any other equivalent board are eligible and can apply for iDAT 2021.
Candidates awaiting for Class XII results can also apply.
Candidates who have scored 70% and above aggregate in CBSE or IB or ISC or any other equivalent board are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Performance in iDAT, portfolio assessment, and studio simulation will also be considered for scholarship approval.
IIAD accepts applications for transfer to IIAD for the design programme (in Fashion Design, Communication Design or Interior Architecture & Design) from students who completed previous year(s) of their degree in design or diploma programme from a nationally or internationally recognized Design Institute.
Lateral entry admissions are done if the student has done their previous year of course in any nationally or internationally recognized institutions. Know more about iDAT Eligibility.
iDAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- The iDAT 2021 exam is conducted in two stages.
- Part A - IIAD Design Aptitude Test (iDAT)
- Part B - Personal Interview and Studio Simulation
- The exam is conducted in the offline mode.
- iDAT 2021 has two main sections.
- Logical Reasoning
- Creative Thinking and Visual Ability.
- The iDAT exam is for 200 marks. Each question is based on a specific attribute.
- The iDAT question paper is based on the following attributes: Lateral Thinking, General knowledge, Storytelling, Remote Association, Transformation, Alternative object use, Logic, Visual skills, Colour, and geometric exploration.
- After the aptitude test (iDAT), candidates should go through the second stage i.e, Portfolio assessment and Studio Simulation rounds.
Know more about iDAT 2021 Exam Pattern.
iDAT 2021 Application Form
Application form is currently available and candidates who are interested can start applying immediately.
Applications can be filled either by online or offline mode. Offline applications can be taken from IIAD Campus and ISBF campus in New Delhi.
The application form of iDAT 2021 costs INR 2000. The fee can be paid through cash or Demand draft if applied through offline mode. Demand drafts should be drawn in favour of "Teamwork education foundation, payable at New Delhi". If Applied through online mode INR 2000 can be paid through debit card or credit card or net banking.
iDAT 2021 Application Process
Each year IIAD accepts a selected number of students for its undergraduate programmes entirely based on merit. Therefore it is strongly recommended to begin the Application Process at an early stage to get the programme of your choice.
iDAT 2021 Online Application Process
Candidates who desire admission to the undergraduate programmes can submit their Application Form along with necessary documents by registering themselves at IIAD’s Online Application Portal.
iDAT 2021 Application Fee
An Application Fee of INR 2000 is to be paid at the time of submission of the Application Form.
After successfully completing the application, candidates will receive an acknowledgement email from the admissions team with pertinent information for further proceedings.
Following is the procedure to apply for iDAT 2021:
- Register on the official website
- Choose the programme or course
- Enter personal and academic details.
- State the purpose of joining the institution.
- Select the test centre
- Pay the requisite fees
- The status of the application form will be displayed.
- Submit the form.
- Download and save for future reference.
iDAT 2021 Offline application process
- Application forms with brochures are issued at the IIAD campus and ISBF campus in New Delhi upon payment of INR 2000.
- Application form fee can be paid in cash or through demand draft. DD should be drawn in favour of
- Teamwork Education Foundation, Payable at New Delhi (mention your name, application form number and contact number behind demand draft).
- Interested candidates can visit the Campus to collect the Application Form and submit it along with the necessary documents to the IIAD Admissions Office.
- Send the filled application form to the below-mentioned address
Indian Institute of Art and Design
B-26, Okhla Phase 1
New Delhi - 110020
iDAT 2021 Admit card
Candidates can download the iDAT 2021 Admit Card on the official website of IIAD. Candidates should verify their admit cards to check whether all the details are accurate. Admit card contains all the necessary information like basic details of the student, Location of the test centre, test date and timing, instruction for exams.
Steps to download iDAT 2021 Admit card
- Visit the official website of IIAD
- Click on download iDAT 2021 admit card
- Enter the details required
- Click on the download button
- Admit card displays on the screen
- Download and save for future reference
iDAT 2021 Results
- Results are based on the performance in iDAT, Portfolio Assessment, and Studio Simulation.
- Based on the merit list candidates can attend the counselling process after iDAT 2021 Results are announced.
Steps to check iDAT 2021 Results
- Visit the official website of Indian Institute of Arts and Design.
- Click on the IIAD Entrance exam results.
- Enter your application form number and get your results.
- Download and save your results for future reference.
iDAT 2021 Counselling
Candidates should attend the counselling process soon after the declaration of iDAT 2021 Results.
Candidates will be called for the counselling based on the merit list. The merit list is prepared based on the performance of candidates in the written test, personal interview, and portfolio assessment. They need to carry all the original documents for the process of verification.
Candidates who successfully qualified iDAT Entrance Test will be eligible to apply for the Scholarship. The Scholarship form will be available along with the offer letter. Know more about iDAT 2021 Counselling.
iDAT 2021 Exam Guidelines
Pen/Pencils, A gluestick, A ruler, A Pen, A small pair of scissors, Dry colours(Pencils/Pastes).
Answer sheets and Test papers will be provided by the exam centre on the day of the exam.
The application form must have a recent passport-sized photograph, Application form with cash or demand draft, Photocopies of certificates, Scholarship application properly filled if applied and statement of essays.
Other guidelines will be printed on the admit card.
iDAT Contact Details
For further information and queries contact the Admissions Team
Mobile: +91 9871383633
Telephone: 011 4138 0000
Email: [email protected]
1. Is the portfolio mandatory for the designing course?
A portfolio is not a compulsory demand for the entrance examination process of IIAD. However, if you made one and would like to share it, the faculty will be happy to review it.
2. I have completed my graduation in a different stream of study. Am I eligible to apply for the Postgraduation courses?
Yes, the Indian Institute of Art and Design accepts applications from candidates who are not from the design background for the Postgraduate courses.
3. Are there any prerequisites for applying for the course?
There are no prerequisites for joining any of our design courses as we welcome students from all the streams of study who meet the eligibility criteria.
4. Does IIAD offer Scholarships?
Yes! Indian Institute of Art and Design offers scholarships to meritorious students.
5. Who is eligible to apply for the scholarship?
Undergraduate course Eligibility: The applicant must have cleared Class XII with a minimum of 70% marks.
Postgraduate course Eligibility: The applicant must have graduated from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks.
The candidate should also submit the complete Scholarship Form along with the application form at the time of applying to IIAD. Post this, the candidate is assessed based on his/her performance in the IIAD Entrance Examination comprising iDAT / iMAT and Studio Simulation / Personal Interview. For information on Scholarship, you should contact the Admissions Advisors on 09871383633 or 01141380000.
6. Does IIAD provide loan assistance?
Indian Institute of Art and Design has partnered with leading companies to provide customized and hassle-free loan solutions for students joining their.
7. When should I start the application process?
The application process for the new admissions cycle begins in September every year and the 2nd cycle in April.
8. Can students transfer to IIAD?
Yes, IIAD accepts applications for transfer to IIAD for the design discipline from students who have completed previous year(s) of their design degree/diploma programme from a nationally or internationally recognized Design Institute. Based on an interview and discussion on the work completed by the student at the previous Design Institute, the candidate may be offered admission into the desired degree programme at IIAD.