AIIMS PG is a national level entrance exam conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi for admission in Postgraduate courses. Through this entrance exam, admission will be offered in MD/MS/M.Ch.(6 years)/DM(6 years)/MDH courses.
Candidates qualifying the test will get admission in various AIIMS, New Delhi and six other AIIMS (Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur & Rishikesh). This exam is conducted twice every year in the month of January and July.
- August 20, 2020: AIIMS has released the final vacancy list before the final seat allocation through the AIIMS PG Examination. Visit the counselling section to view the vacancy list.
- August 4, 2020: The AIIMS PG 2020 Counselling Session starts on August 5, 2020. The detailed counselling schedule is provided in the AIIMS PG Exam Dates Section.
- June 21, 2020: AIIMS, New Delhi has announced the revised schedule for the AIIMS PG July 2020 Session.
- What is AIIMS PG?
- AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Date
- AIIMS PG 2020 Registration
- AIIMS PG 2020 Eligibility
- AIIMS PG 2020 Syllabus
- AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Pattern
- AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form
- AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Centres
- AIIMS PG 2020 Admit Card Out Now!
- AIIMS PG 2020 Result Announced
- AIIMS PG 2020 Counselling
- AIIMS PG 2020 Reference Books
- AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Instructions
What is AIIMS PG?
About AIIMS PG exam: The full form of AIIMS PG is All India Institute of Medical Sciences Post Graduate Entrance Exam. The AIIMS PG entrance exam is a gateway for admission into MD, MS, M.Ch., DM, and MDS. It is a National level exam conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
About AIIMS: The AIIMS colleges are a group of autonomous government public medical colleges in India, which was established in 1956. All these institutes are declared as institutes of national importance by an Act of Parliament. Currently, there are 15 AIIMS in India. 8 more AIIMS institutes are expected to be established till 2025.
Level and Frequency: The AIIMS PG is a National Level Entrance Examination which is conducted in the month of January and July every year.
Courses Offered: AIIMS PG will help candidates who are seeking admission into MD, MS, MDS, M.Ch (6 years), DM (6 years) AIIMS colleges across India.
Participating Institutions: All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi organize AIIMS PG 2020 leading to admission in Postgraduate courses of AIIMS New Delhi and six other AIIMS's i.e. AIIMS Bhopal, AIIMS Bhubaneswar, AIIMS Jodhpur, AIIMS Patna, AIIMS Raipur, and AIIMS Rishikesh.
|Exam Name||All India Institute of Medical Sciences for Post Graduate Test|
|Conducting Body||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi|
|Courses Offered||MD, MS, MDS, M.Ch(6 years), DM(6 years)|
|AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Total no. of Question||MD/ MS - 200 MCQ's MDS - 90 MCQ's|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question's (MCQ's)|
|AIIMS PG 2020 Marking Scheme||
1 mark awarded for a correct response
1/3rd mark deducted for an incorrect response
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Date
Candidates appearing for the AIIMS PG 2020 examination must have a clear idea about the important dates and deadlines such as registration date, admit card release date, exam date and result date. Given below are the details of important dates of AIIMS PG 2020 exam.
|Application Form Start Date||November 27, 2019|
|Last date to Apply for AIIMS PG 2020||February 10, 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||June 3, 2020|
|AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Date||June 11, 2020|
|Declaration of Results||June 18, 2020|
|The first round of AIIMS PG Seat Allocation||June 30, 2020|
|The second round of AIIMS PG Seat Allocation||July 15, 2020|
|The third round of AIIMS PG Seat Allocation||July 30, 2020|
|Open Round of Seat Allocation||August 05, 2020|
NOTE: All the candidates must take note of all the AIIMS PG Important Dates so that they do not miss any important event.
The Open round of seat allocation started on August 05, 2020, in online mode. The date of online registration of open seat allocation closed on August 10, 2020 (5 PM). Candidates could exercise their choices (AIIMS and Subject/Speciality) from August 11, 2020, to August 17, 2020.
There are a total of 224 open seats for allocation, available in 8 AIIMS. Candidates can check the Open Seat Allocation dates given in the table below.
|Date of online registration and uploading of a valid PDF copy||August 05, 2020|
|Last date of registration for open seat allocation||August 10, 2020|
|Date of Submission of original Documents or payment of
INR 3 lakh through DD or NEFT/RTGS
|August 05, 2020 - August 17, 2020|
|Exercising of Choices (AIIMS and Subject/Speciality)||August 11, 2020 - August 17, 2020|
|Announcement of seat allocation of Open Round||August 19, 2020|
|Online Acceptance of Allocated seat||August 20, 2020 - August 24, 2020|
|Date of Reporting||August 20, 2020 - August 25, 2020|
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Updates
|Date of Edit option only for the column of "Basic Registration"||February 17, 2020, to February 19, 2020
(by 5:00 PM)
|February 17, 2020, to February 21, 2020
(by 5:00 PM)
|Status of “Basic Registration” after completion of editing if any||February 20, 2020||February 22, 2020|
|Dates of correction of rejected images||February 20 to February 24, 2020||February 23 to February 25, 2020|
|The final status of accepted/rejected basic registration||February 27, 2020 (Thursday)|
AIIMS PG 2020 Registration
The AIIMS PG 2020 Application form filling is a 6 step process. Candidates should mandatorily finish all the steps before the deadline in order to appear for the examination. The step by step process is mentioned below.
Basic Registration (Step 1 and 2)
- Step 1: Candidates should fill basic details such as full name, DOB, category, gender, email ID, contact number to get the credentials. The login credential will be sent to the email ID and mobile phone.
- Login with the credentials received and change the password. Remember the credentials till the end of the admission process.
- Step 2: Candidates care required to upload the scanned copy of their recent photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression in JPEG format. Candidates who have successfully completed the basic registration can move towards the final registration as given below.
Final Registration (Step 3 - 6)
- Step 3 - Qualification and Address Details: Candidates need to enter the details of their qualifications like qualifying exam name and status of the exam, and also provide the communication address.
- Step 4 - Fee Payment: Payment can be done through online mode only using Debit card/Credit card and net banking. Take the printout of the payment receipt for future correspondence.
- Step 5 - City Choice: Candidates should select the examination centre. The real-time seat availability will be shown at the time of choosing the exam city.
- Step 6 - Print application form: In the final step, candidates should take the printout of the fully filled application form. Make sure there are no errors or discrepancy in the application form.
Candidates can check the AIIMS PG 2020 Application Process for more detailed process.
NOTE: As per the latest update from the AIIMS Delhi (Corrigendum notice no.01/2020), the dates for Edit option and the status of Basic Registration for AIIMS PG - July 2020 session has been revised. The revised schedule for correction of forms is as follows:
|Date of Edit option only for the column of "Basic Registration"||February 12, 2020, to February 14, 2020
(by 5:00 PM)
|February 17, 2020, to February 19, 2020
(by 5:00 PM)
|Status of “Basic Registration” & Last date for correction for rejected images||February 17, 2020, to February 21, 2020
(by 5:00 PM)
|February 20, 2020, to February 24, 2020
(by 5:00 PM)
AIIMS PG 2020 Eligibility
Candidates aspiring to write the AIIMS PG 2020 must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The detailed criteria to be eligible for the exam is mentioned below.
- For MD/ MS degree, a candidate needs to hold an MBBS degree from any university duly recognized by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Councils.
- For MDS degree, a candidate needs to hold a BDS degree from any university duly recognized by the Dental Council of India or State Dental Council is mandatory for getting admission.
- The candidates must have secured 55% marks for General/ OBC category candidates and 50% marks for SC/ ST category candidates.
A candidate must have completed his or her 12-month rotating Internship/ Practical Training by July 30, 2020. Candidates who cannot complete the said internship within the period till July 30, 2020, will be ineligible for registration of this examination.
The candidates applying for AIIMS PG 2020 must be an Indian citizen to satisfy AIIMS PG 2020 eligibility criteria. Anyone other than Indian is not allowed to apply for AIIMS PG 2020 Registration.
AIIMS PG 2020 Syllabus
AIIMS PG examination will be based on the syllabus prescribed by conducting authority. Aspirants must ensure they do extensive preparation on all the topics to crack AIIMS PG 2020
Every concept included in AIIMS PG 2020 syllabus is important and the students can expect questions from anywhere. Therefore, the students are advised to prepare all the concepts covered in the syllabus quite effectively.
Syllabus for various courses is mentioned below:
MD Course: Anaesthesiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, etc.
MS Course: Orthopaedics, Otorhinolaryngology (ENT), Surgery, etc.
MDS Course: Orthodontics, Prosthodontics, Conservative Dentistry, and Endodontics, etc.
DM Course: Anaesthesiology, Anatomy, Radiotherapy, Dermatology, and Venereology, etc.
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Pattern
The detailed analysis of AIIMS PG 2020 exam pattern is discussed below. You are advised to go through it thoroughly to have an insight into the AIIMS PG exam and formulate your study plans accordingly.
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT) / Online|
|Duration of Examination||MD/MS: 3 hours
MDS: 3 hours
|Type of Questions||Multiple-Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||For MD/ MS - 200 MCQ's and For MDS - 90 MCQ's|
|Marking Scheme||+1 Mark for Correct Answers and 1/3rd mark will be deducted for Incorrect Answers.|
|Number of Shifts||One|
|Timing of Examination||MD /MS: 09.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
MDS: 09.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
|Language of Paper||English|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|Method of Cut-Off||Percentile: 50th Percentile|
|Method of resolving ties||Higher aggregate in all subjects in MBBS /BDS Seniority by age|
In AIIMS PG exam, there are 7 types of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) asked. Each type corresponds to a different marking scheme as mentioned below. Candidates should note that no credit or marks will be given for the questions that are not answered or marked for review.
|Type of MCQ||Correct Answer Marks||Wrong Answer Marks|
|Single Best Response||+1||-1/3|
|Multiple True False||+1/5||-1/5|
|Match the Following||+1/4||-1/4|
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form was available on the official website from November 27, 2019 and the last date to submit the AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form was February 10, 2020.
- For General & OBC: INR 1500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- For SC/ ST: INR 1200 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- The person with Benchmark Disability (PWBD): There is no Application Fee for PWBD category candidates.
Candidates must pay the registration fee through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking. Offline payment is not available for AIIMS PG 2020.
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Centres
Centre: AIIMS PG 2020 will be conducted in 63 centres of the cities across India.
Choice: Applicants should indicate his/her choice of the city of examination at the time filling the Application Form.
Chance of Centre: The city of examination once chosen and allotted will not be changed and any request in this regard will not be entertained. Applicants should, therefore, indicate the choice of the city with the utmost care.
Cancellation: The conducting authority has the right to cancel or change the Exam Centre if necessary. Candidate has to accept the changes.
The list of AIIMS PG 2020 exam centre is given below
|AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Centres|
- The candidate must be present one hour before to the AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Centre for the verification, if not the candidates won't be allowed to write the examination.
- Candidates have to carry Admit Card along with any Government Id to the Exam Centre on the day of the examination.
- Other accessories (any Electronic devices, other papers, Any kind of folder, water bottle) will not be entertained at the exam hall.
AIIMS PG 2020 Admit Card
The All India Institute of Medical Science had published the AIIMS PG 2020 admit card online on June 05, 2020. The admit card contains details such as candidate's name, roll number, date of birth, photograph, signature, examination date and time, exam venue. No candidates will be allowed inside the examination hall without the AIIMS PG 2020 admit card.
How to Download the AIIMS PG 2020 admit card?
Follow these steps to download the AIIMS PG Admit Card:
- Candidates need to first visit the official website
- On the homepage of the website, select “Academic Courses” and click on “MD/MS/MCh/DM”
- A new page will be redirected where candidates need to log in using the registration ID, password and captcha.
- The AIIMS PG 2020 admit card will be displayed on your screen. Candidates must check all the details mentioned in the admit card. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate must contact the AIIMS authority.
- Candidates should download the AIIMS PG 2020 admit card and keep it safely for future use.
Details present on the AIIMS PG Admit Card
The AIIMS PG Admit Card contains the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- AIIMS PG 2020 registration number
- Roll Number
- Date of birth
- Thumb impression
- Date and time of the examination
- Name and address of the exam centre
Note: The admission committee will not send the AIIMS PG 2020 admit card to any candidate individually through postal. Admit card will be available only on the official website of AIIMS.
AIIMS PG 2020 Result
Result Date: The Results of AIIMS PG 2020 were declared on June 18, 2020 on the official website. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi is the authority that declares the AIIMS PG 2020 Results.
Scorecard: The scorecard is uploaded on the AIIMS official website. Applicants have to take the printout of the scorecard for their future use.
Merit List: AIIMS, New Delhi is responsible for publishing the merit list on its official website. AIIMS separately prepares the two types of merit list i.e. overall rank wise and roll number wise.
Cut-off: Cut-off marks are the minimum marks that are required by the candidate to appear in the merit list and shortlisted for counselling. The cut-off marks will be decided by the examination authority of AIIMS, New Delhi. Different categories have different cut-off scores.
How to download AIIMS PG Results?
Follow these steps to download AIIMS PG Results.
- Go to the official website.
- Search for section “Results”
- Click on “Academic courses”
- Select the following notification “Percentile Secured by the Candidates of AIIMS PG COURSES [MD/MS/MCh(6YRS)/DM(6YRS)/MDS] July-2020 Session”
- Login using registration Id and password
- Check the result of AIIMS PG
- Download their AIIMS PG scorecard 2020.
Details present on the AIIMS PG Score Card
The AIIMS PG Admit Card contains the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- AIIMS PG 2020 registration number
- Roll Number
- All India rank
- Total Percentile
- Category-wise rank
AIIMS PG 2020 Counselling
Counselling Dates: The counselling for AIIMS PG 2020 commenced on June 21, 2020. The counselling was conducted in 3 different rounds. The first round seat allotment was published on June 30, 2020. The second round of seat allotment for AIIMS PG 2020 occurred on July 15, 2020 and the third round of seat allotment process ended on July 30, 2020.
Open Round of Online Seat Allocation: An open round of seat allotment for AIIMS PG 2020 was organised online, on August 05, 2020, and the registration for the same was closed on August 10, 2020. Candidates were given a chance to exercise their choice (college and specialization/branch) between August 11, 2020, to August 17, 2020.
The seat allocation of the open round was announced on August 19, 2020. After an open round of seat allocation, no further/extra round of seat allocation will be conducted by the AIIMS, New Delhi.
Counselling Process: All the shortlisted candidates will be called for AIIMS PG 2020 Counselling according to their rank in the merit list. Student’s final admission will depend upon their performance in the AIIMS PG 2020 exam. The points given below shows the counselling process for this year.
- Firstly, students will be called for the counselling process based on their ranks in the merit list
- Secondly, the reserved category candidates will be called for counselling to fill the seats
- Students must be physically present at the time of counselling. They will be allocated seats based on their rank and order of preference.
Documents required during counselling
- Final Registration Slip
- Admit card issued by AIIMS
- Proof of deposit of original document or DD/RTGS/NEFT of INR 3 Lakh
- Mark sheets of MBBS/BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd professional examinations
- MBBS/BDS Degree Certificate
- An internship completion certificate from the head of the institution or college that the candidate will be completing the internship by July 31, 2020
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth certificate as proof of date of birth
- Permanent/Provisional registration certificate issued by MCI or DCI
- Caste certificate (If applicable)
AIIMS PG 2020 Reference Books
Candidates must choose the best study materials for the preparation of AIIMS PG 2020 examination. Being one of the highly competitive postgraduate medical exams, aspirants need to master each concept and ace the exam. The following list of important books for AIIMS PG 2020 can be referred.
- Handbook of General Anatomy by BD Chaurasia
- Thieme's Atlas by BD Chaurasia
- A Laboratory Course in Plant Physiology by William Francis Ganong
- Medical Physiology by Ganong
- Harpers Illustrated Biochemistry by Rodwell
- Textbook of Microbiology by CP Baveja
- Essentials of Medical Pharmacology by KD Tripathi
- Review of Forensic Medicine by Sumit Seth
- Diseases of Ear, Nose and Throat & Head and Neck Surgery by PL Dhingra and Shruti Dhingra
- Review of Ophthalmology 6th Edition by Khurana and Ruchi Rai
- Harrison’s Principles Of Internal Medicine by Dennis Kasper and Dan L. Longo
- Bailey & Love’s Short Practice of Surgery by Norman Williams, P Ronan O Connell, Andrew McCaskie
- Essential Orthopaedics (Including Clinical Methods) by Maheshwari
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Instructions
- The mode of examination is an online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT). AIIMS PG aspirants should take a few mock tests as experience.
- The test will begin exactly at the time mentioned on the AIIMS PG Admit Card. A prior announcement will be made by the invigilator.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours for MS/ MD and 1.5 hours for MDS.
- All questions will carry equal marks i.e. 1.
- There will be only one correct answer for each question from the given four options.
- A negative marking scheme will be employed for evaluating the answers. Applicants should only answer the question if they are sure about it.
- Unanswered questions will not affect the total marks
- One mark will be allotted for each correct answer while 1/3rd marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Applicants are required to sign the attendance sheet.
- Admit card should be carried along with photo identity proof.