DSAT 2020 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern
Latest Update: The registration process for DSAT 2020 started on January 9, 2020. The applications likely to close on April 30, 2020.
Dayanand Sagar Admissions Test commonly referred to as DSAT is a University Level Entrance Examination organized and conducted by Dayanand Sagar University (DSU). This exam is conducted for the candidates aspiring to get admissions in UG and PG courses in the DSU. The exam is conducted from May 4, 2020 to May 31, 2020, through offline and online mode.
- What is DSAT?
- DSAT 2020 Exam Date
- DSAT Exam 2020 Eligibility
- DSAT Exam 2020 Registration (Apply)
- DSAT Exam 2020 Admit Card
- DSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- DSAT Exam 2020 Syllabus
- DSAT Exam 2020 Result
- DSAT Exam 2020 Counselling
- Contact Details
What is DSAT?
DSAT 2020 Exam is a national level examination conducted every year by Dayananda Sagar University for the aspirants who are seeking admission for Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses.
- About: Dayananda Sagar University, established in the year 1960 by Sri Dayananda Sagar, provides courses in Engineering, Arts and Humanities, Commerce and Management, Basic and Applied Sciences, Basic Sciences, and Health Sciences. Located in Bengaluru, Dayananda Sagar University is run by the Mahatma Gandhi Vidya Peeta Trust. The DSAT admission test is conducted annually as the entrance examination to the institute.
- Conducting Authority: The DSAT 2020 Exam is conducted and authorized by the Dayananda Sagar University Bengaluru.
- Courses: The college has undergraduate courses like B-Tech, B-Pharm, BCA, BBA, B.A Journalism and postgraduate courses like M-Tech, MBA, M-Pharm.
- Frequency: The DSAT 2020 is conducted just once a year.
- Enrollment: There are 1560 and 235 seats respectively for the undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Level: The examination is conducted at a national level for the eligible candidates from all over the country.
DSAT Exam 2020 Important Details(Tentative)
The Dayananda Sagar Admission Test conducted by the Dayananda Sagar University is conducted between the dates of May 4, 2020 and May 31, 2020. There are a few important highlights that the candidates attempting the DSAT Examination. The details of the DSAT Exam are summarized as follows:
|DSAT Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Dayananda Sagar Admission Test|
|Conducted By||Dayananda Sagar University|
|Exam Date||May 4, 2020|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of Exam||Both Online/Computer Based Test (CBT) and Offline/Pen and Paper Book Test (PBT)|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Number of Questions||100 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||(+) 1 for correct answers|
|Negative Marking||0 marks will be deducted for wrong response|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG|
UG Courses Offered by DSAT Exam 2020
The Undergraduate courses/programmes offered by Dayananda Sagar University through the Dayanand Sagar Admission test are given below:
|UG Programs Offered||Seats|
|B. Tech – Computer Science & Engineering||360|
|B.Tech – Electronics & Communication Engg.||180|
|B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering||120|
|B.Tech – Information Technology||60|
|B.Com: Bachelor of Commerce||120|
|BBA: Bachelor of Business Administration||180|
|PB B.Sc (N)||30|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy ( BPT )||40|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications||60|
PG Courses Offered by DSAT 2020
The Postgraduate courses/ programmes offered by Dayananda Sagar University through Dayanand Sagar Admission test (DSAT) exam 2020 are mentioned in the table below:
|PG Programs Offered||Intake|
|M.Tech – Computer Science & Engineering Specialization: Big Data/Internet of Things||18|
|M.Tech – Computer Science & Information Technology Specialization: Cloud Computing||18|
|M.Tech – Electronics & Communication Specialization: Embedded System||18|
|M.Tech – Mechanical Engineering Specialization: Design Engg||18|
|MBA: Master of Business Management||60|
|M Pharma (10 Per Department)||18|
|Masters in Physiotherapy (MPT)||5|
DSAT 2020 Exam Dates:
The DSAT Examination has some important dates to have a look at.
- Application Form: The DSAT 2020 Application Process started on January 9, 2020 to April 30, 2020
- Exam: The DSAT 2020 Exam will be conducted from May 4, 2020 to May 31, 2020.
- Results: The results of the exam will be published on the official site of DSU on June 10, 2020
- Counselling: DSAT 2020 Counselling will be conducted on June 24, 2020.
- Read more about DSAT 2020 Important Dates.
DSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- Qualification: The candidate must have secured a minimum of 45% aggregate in 12th or its equivalent qualifying examination for UG courses. In order to be eligible for the PG courses, the candidates must have a bachelor degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate.
- For UG: Applicants must have completed 10+2 or equivalent.
- For PG: Aspirants must have completed Bachelors.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit.
- Domicile: All the Indian citizens, foreign or NRI candidates are eligible to attend the examination according to the DSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
DSAT 2020 Registration Process:
- Availability: The DSAT 2020 Application Form will be made available on the website of Dayananda Sagar University on 3rd December 2019. The deadline for applying for the exam is 3rd April 2020.
- Payment: The application fees can be paid online or offline. The online payment can be done through the official website and offline payment should be done at the university counter.
Click here for direct link to apply for DSAT 2020
DSAT 2020 Admit Card:
- Availability: The candidates who have successfully applied for the exam will be awarded an admit card, downloadable from the official website of DSU.
- Credentials: In order to download the DSAT 2020 Admit Card, the candidates should have their application number and password.
DSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode of exam: It is based on both online/ CBT (Computer Based Test)and offline/pen and paper-based test (PBT). There will not be any provision for the online exam and more details are provided in DSAT 2020 Exam Pattern.
- Pattern: The question paper will consist of 100 multiple choice questions.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
DSAT 2020 Syllabus:
- For the undergraduate courses, the syllabus will include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English, the levels of which will be based on the examination syllabus of 10+1 and 10+2 examination syllabus.
- For the postgraduate courses, the DSAT 2020 Syllabus will consist of general knowledge and aptitude.
DSAT 2020 Results:
- Declaration: The DSAT 2020 Results of the exam will be declared on June 10, 2020 on the official website of DSU.
- Credentials: The candidates must be in possession of their application number and password to know the DSAT 2020 Result.
DSAT 2020 Counselling
- Commencement: The DSAT 2020 Counselling process for DSAT will commence on 2nd June 2020.
- Cut-Off: The cut-off will vary depending on the course and category. The published list of cut-off will help the candidate determine his/her rank.
Dayananda Sagar University Contact
- Address:Shavige Malleshwara Hills,
Bangalore 560 078,
- M:+91 8884399668, +91 8884399669
- Tel:+91 80 46461800
- E-mail: [email protected]