DSAT 2020 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern
- The last date to submit the online application for DSAT 2020 is September 15, 2020.
- DSAT 2020 exam will be conducted between September 10, 2020 to September 16, 2020.
Dayanand Sagar University (DSU), Bangalore, is responsible for organizing Dayanand Sagar Admission Test (DSAT) for admissions in different PG and UG courses. DSAT is a national level entrance examination regulated from both online and offline sources. Candidates, after going through the eligibility criteria can appear in the entrance test if they aspire to pursue their further education from Dayanand Sagar Univeristy, Bangalore.
- What is DSAT?
- DSAT 2020 Notification
- DSAT 2020 Exam Date
- DSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- DSAT 2020 Application Form
- DSAT 2020 Admit Card
- DSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- DSAT 2020 Exam Syllabus
- DSAT 2020 Exam Results
- DSAT 2020 Counselling
- Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is DSAT?
Dayanand Sagar organizes DSAT 2020 Exam for admissions in Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs of the university. DSAT 2020 is a national level examination, and interested candidates can go through the eligibility criteria of their preferred course and move forward with the application accordingly.
- About: Dayananda Sagar University, established in the year 1960 by Sri Dayananda Sagar, provides courses in Engineering, Arts and Humanities, Commerce and Management, Basic and Applied Sciences, Basic Sciences, and Health Sciences. Located in Bengaluru, Dayananda Sagar University is run by the Mahatma Gandhi Vidya Peeta Trust. The DSAT admission test is conducted annually as the entrance examination to the institute.
- Enrollment: There are 1560 and 235 seats respectively for the undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
The Dayananda Sagar Admission Test is conducted by the Dayananda Sagar University. There are a few important highlights that the candidates attempting the DSAT Examination. The details of the DSAT Exam are summarized as follows:
|DSAT Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Dayananda Sagar Admission Test|
|Conducted By||Dayananda Sagar University|
|Exam Date||23rd, 24th, and August 25, 2020|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of Exam||Both Online/Computer Based Test (CBT) and Offline/Pen and Paper Book Test (PBT)|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Number of Questions||100 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||(+) 1 for correct answers|
|Negative Marking||0 marks will be deducted for wrong response|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG|
UG Courses Offered by DSAT Exam 2020
The Undergraduate courses/programmes offered by Dayananda Sagar University through the Dayanand Sagar Admission test are given below:
|UG Programs Offered||Seats|
|B. Tech – Computer Science & Engineering||360|
|B.Tech – Electronics & Communication Engg.||180|
|B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering||120|
|B.Tech – Information Technology||60|
|B.Com: Bachelor of Commerce||120|
|BBA: Bachelor of Business Administration||180|
|PB B.Sc (N)||30|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy ( BPT )||40|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications||60|
DSAT 2020 Notification
DSU has released the official notification about the last date of application to be September 15, 2020. The exams are rescheduled on September 10, 2020 to September 16, 2020. The examination board has offered the candidates to attempt the exam in Remote Proctored mode, and candidates are advised to stay updated about the examination alerts on the official website of DSU.
PG Courses Offered by DSAT 2020
The Postgraduate courses/ programmes offered by Dayananda Sagar University through Dayanand Sagar Admission test (DSAT) exam 2020 are mentioned in the table below:
|PG Programs Offered||Intake|
|M.Tech – Computer Science & Engineering Specialization: Big Data/Internet of Things||18|
|M.Tech – Computer Science & Information Technology Specialization: Cloud Computing||18|
|M.Tech – Electronics & Communication Specialization: Embedded System||18|
|M.Tech – Mechanical Engineering Specialization: Design Engg||18|
|MBA: Master of Business Management||60|
|M Pharma (10 Per Department)||18|
|Masters in Physiotherapy (MPT)||5|
DSAT 2020 Exam Date:
The DSAT 2020 Exam Date, as well as the registration date, has been extended. Candidates can follow the below details for the exam date reference.
Application Form Start Date
January 9, 2020
Application Form Last Date
June 2020 September 15, 2020
September 10, 2020 to September 16, 2020
September 2020 To be announced
To be announced
DSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- Qualification: The candidate must have secured a minimum of 45% aggregate in 12th or its equivalent qualifying examination for UG courses. In order to be eligible for the PG courses, the candidates must have a bachelor's degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate.
- For UG: Applicants must have completed 10+2 or equivalent.
- For PG: Aspirants must have completed Bachelors.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit.
- Domicile: All the Indian citizens, foreign or NRI candidates are eligible to attend the examination according to the DSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
DSAT 2020 Application Form:
The DSAT 2020 application form was available on the DSU website. New candidates could register for the application form online from January 9, 2020 to September 15, 2020.
How To Apply for the DSAT 2020 Application Form Online?
- Visit the official DSU website.
- Search for the link ‘DSAT REGISTRATION-2020’ and click on it.
- You will be directed to the DSAT-2020 Page that will include the up to date exam dates.
- On the right-hand side, you will get a link ‘ Register’ for new candidates.
- Enter details such as Program type, select course, name, father’s name, date of birth, email address, and mobile number.
- Click submit and continue.
At the time of registration, candidates will have to upload the below documents.
- Passport size photograph
- Signature of the candidate
Candidates will have to scan the above documents and upload.
DSAT 2020 Application Fee
Once the candidate has uploaded his/her essential documents, they are directed to the fee payment section. The DSAT 2020 Application Fee details are given below:
General, ST, OBC, SC
Female, Male, Transgender
Click here for direct link to apply for DSAT 2020
DSAT 2020 Admit Card:
The DSAT 2020 Admit Card was available online on the official website. It is of utmost importance that candidates were required to carry the admit card at the time of the exam. Aspirants can also note that the admit card is also sent through email.
How to Download the DSAT 2020 Admit Card?
- Go to the official DSU website.
- On the home page, click on the link ‘DSAT Hall Ticket 2020.’
- On the login page, enter registration number and password.
- Download and Print out the DSAT 2020 Admit Card.
DSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
It is important for candidates to understand the exam pattern for DSAT 2020 to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
- Mode of exam: It is based on both online/ CBT (Computer Based Test)and offline/pen and paper-based test (PBT). There will not be any provision for the online exam and more details are provided in DSAT 2020 Exam Pattern.
- Pattern: The question paper will consist of 100 multiple choice questions.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
DSAT 2020 Exam Syllabus:
Candidates are advised to go through the DSAT 2020 exam syllabus carefully. For the undergraduate courses, the syllabus will include:
- Laws of Motion
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Current Electricity
- Oscillation of Waves
- Properties of Bulk matter
- Magnetic effect
- Basics of chemistry
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemistry Kinetics
- State of Matter
- Redox Reaction
- Chemical bonding
- Classification of Elements
- Sets & Functions
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Coordinate Geometry
- Linear Programming
- Relations & Functions.
- Idioms & Phases
- Fill in the blanks
- English usage errors
- Rearrange the sentence
For the Postgraduate courses, the DSAT 2020 Syllabus will consist of:
- General Knowledge
- Aptitude Test
- Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Non-verbal Reasoning
DSAT 2020 Exam Results:
The DSAT 2020 Results of the exam will be declared once the date has been announced by the official authorities. The candidates must be in possession of their application number and password to know the DSAT 2020 Result.
DSAT 2020 Counselling
The date for DSAT 2020 Counselling process has not been released yet.
Cut-Off: The cut-off will vary depending on the course and category. The published list of cut-off will help the candidate determine his/her rank.
During the counselling process, candidates are required to generate the following documents.
For UG courses:
- Admit card of DSAT 2020
- 10th marksheet/scorecard
- 12th marksheet/scorecard
- 4 passport size photograph and 1 stamp size photograph
- School transfer certificate
- Anti-ragging declaration form
For PG courses:
- Admit card of DSAT 2020
- Degree certificate
- Marksheet/scorecard of last academic qualification
- Character certificate on the college pad
Dayananda Sagar University Contact
- Address:Shavige Malleshwara Hills,
Bangalore 560 078,
- M:+91 8884399668, +91 8884399669
- Tel:+91 80 46461800
- E-mail: [email protected]