CAT 2022 notification will be released on Jul 30, 2022, and the MBA entrance exam for IIM Bangalore will likely be conducted on Nov 27, 2022. CAT 2022 registration will commence in Aug 2022, after the official announcement is released. CAT 2022 results for the same will be released in Jan 2023. CAT 2022 exam will be conducted in three slots.
CAT exam will be held in 156 cities in a computer-based examination format with a two-hour duration. The application cost for general candidates is INR 2,200, while it is INR 1,100 for reserved category candidates. CAT 2022 exam will be held online with a total duration of two hours. In the allotted time, candidates must answer 66 objective-type questions.
CAT is an entrance exam conducted by the IIMs every year for management aspirants seeking admission to the best B-Schools in the country. Around 1000 institutes in the country accept scores for admission. This exam aims to test the candidate's aptitude in verbal ability & reading comprehension, data interpretation & logical reasoning, and quantitative aptitude. Find all about the CAT exam, such as the application process, eligibility criteria, hall ticket, and a lot more on this page.
Latest Updates for CAT
- Jul 4, 2022: CAT 2022 notification will be released on Jul 30, 2022. IIM Bangalore is likely to conduct the MBA exam in Nov 27, 2022. Read More
Table of Contents
- CAT 2022 Exam Date
- About CAT Exam
- CAT 2022 Application Form
- CAT 2022 Exam Centres
- CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
- CAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- CAT 2022 Admit Card
- CAT 2022 Key Changes
- CAT 2022 Syllabus
- CAT Previous Year Question Paper
- CAT 2022 Mock Test
- CAT 2022 Reference Books
- Changes in CAT over the years
- CAT 2022 Coaching Centres
- CAT Conducting Institutes Over the Years
- CAT Exam Day Guidelines
- CAT 2022 Answer Key
- CAT 2022 Previous Year Paper Analysis
- CAT 2022 Result
- CAT 2022 Reservation
- CAT 2022 Cutoffs
- CAT 2022 Admission Process
- Colleges Accepting CAT Score
- CAT 2023
- CAT 2022 Helpdesk
CAT 2022 Exam Date
CAT 2022 notification will be released on Jul 30, 2022, and the MBA entrance exam for IIM Bangalore will likely be conducted on Nov 27, 2022. CAT 2022 registration will commence in Aug 2022, after the official announcement is released. CAT 2022 results for the same will be released in Jan 2023.
The official notification about the CAT 2022 exam will be released soon. The application process is expected to commence in Aug 2022. Refer to the information given below to know more about CAT exam date 2022 for MBA.
|Official Notification||Jul 30, 2022|
|Application Form Start Date||Aug 2022|
|Application Form Last Date||Aug 2022|
|Tutorials on the Official Website||Oct 2022|
|Form Correction Date||Sep 2022|
|Mock Test Release Date||Nov 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||Oct 2022|
|Exam Date||Nov 27, 2022|
|Answer Key||Dec 2022|
|Answer Key Objection Window||Dec 2022|
|CAT 2022 Final Answer Key||Dec 2022|
|CAT 2022 Results Date||Jan 2023|
Note: Exam Dates are subject to change as per the notifications released by the conducting authorities.
Read More: CAT Exam Dates 2022
About CAT Exam
CAT full form is the Common Admission Examination. It is a management aptitude test that candidates must pass in order to be considered for MBA programs at India's 20 IIMs and over 1,200 B-schools. Every year, around two lakh people apply for the exam. MCQs and non-MCQs from Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR), and Quantitative Ability make up the CAT question paper (QA). The exam's difficulty ranges from moderate to difficult.
|Full Form||Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute Of Management|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Medium of Question Paper||English|
- CAT Exam Difficulty Level: CAT 2022 is an aptitude test designed to evaluate an applicant's Quantitative, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, and Reasoning Skills. After analyzing previous year's papers, it is evident that Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) has always been the toughest section in the paper. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) section complexity are mostly moderate and Quantitative Aptitude so far has always been the easiest.
- CAT Scores: CAT 2022 scorecard contains percentile marks. However, the percentile is a relative measure of the performance as it depends on how good/bad other test takers perform.
- Admissions and Placement: More than 1000 institutes, offering master's or postgraduate diplomas in management across India, consider the CAT 2022 exam score as valid criteria for admission.
CAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
CAT eligibility criteria are essential from an exam point of view. The conducting authority specifies certain eligibility conditions which every CAT aspirant needs to satisfy. Mainly, it would focus on the age limit and the educational qualifications of the candidate. The conducting authorities also give some relaxation to the applicants belonging to the reserved categories. Find more details in this section.
Who is Eligible for CAT 2022?
- Considering that there could be different evaluation patterns adopted by different universities across the country due to the covid-19 pandemic, the CAT Committee has decided to remove the minimum percentage of marks (45% and 50% [or equivalent CGPA] respectively) for appearing for the CAT 2022 exam. This exception is made to ensure parity for candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree in 2020, 2022, and will complete their bachelor's degree in 2022. Kindly note that this announcement is only applicable to the eligibility criteria for writing the CAT 2022. Candidates are advised to look at and follow respective institution-specific admission policies. This is for 2020, 2022, and 2022 graduates. For all the other candidates the minimum eligibility criteria are Graduation with 50% - General/ OBC-NC/EWS, Graduation with 45% - SC/ST/ PWD.
- The college or institute that a candidate has studied in shall abide by the Act of Parliament or State legislature in India or be declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- CAT Eligibility for Final Year Students: Candidates who are in the final year of their UG courses are also eligible to apply for CAT 2022.
- Further, if that candidate gets admission into an IIM, he or she will be allowed to join the program provisionally only if he/or she produces a certificate from the principal or registrar of the institute or university in which he/she has studied.
- The certificate must state that the student has completed all the necessary procedures for a bachelor's degree.
- Moreover, this certificate must be issued on or before the stipulated time mentioned by the particular IIM in which the student secures admission.
CAT 2022 Age Limit
Under CAT 2022 eligibility, there is no restriction on the upper age limit of a candidate. There is no maximum age limit in order to provide aspiring candidates with an opportunity to realize their dream of pursuing management courses from reputed colleges of India, regardless of age.
Number of Attempts
Also, there is no limit to the number of attempts. Candidates need to fill in information about work experience (if any) in the application form, however, it is not a criterion to be fulfilled to attempt the entrance exam.
CAT 2022 Eligibility for Foreign Nationals
CAT 2022 eligibility that is needed for foreign nationals, PIOs or NRIs is that they must have a bachelors' degree with a minimum of 50% (candidates of the SC/ST, PWD categories must have a minimum of 45%). The certification must be from any of the universities that are accredited by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. Candidates who will be writing the final exam are also eligible to apply for CAT. Those who have finished their studies and are expecting their results can submit an application for the exam too.
CAT 2022 Reservation
- Applicants who have a CA/CS/ICWA degree will also be considered eligible to apply for CAT 2022.
- Earlier general category candidates and candidates under the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) needed to have obtained a minimum score of 50% in any of the Bachelor's degree programs, but considering that there could be different evaluation patterns adopted by different universities across the country due to covid-19 pandemic, the CAT Committee has decided to remove the minimum percentage of marks (45% and 50% [or equivalent CGPA] respectively) for appearing for the CAT 2022 exam. This is for 2020, 2022, and 2022 graduates. For all the other candidates the minimum eligibility criteria is Graduation with 50% - General/ OBC-NC/EWS, Graduation with 45% - SC/ST/ PWD.
- Aspirants have to mention caste or community details as per the CAT Caste Certificate Format specified in the application form. Students belonging to OBC (NCL) caste must produce the pertaining certificate wherever necessary for CAT 2022.
Read More: CAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
CAT 2022 Application Form
Upon completing CAT registration process, as mentioned above, the candidates will be able to access the CAT online application form. They are required to enter various personal, contact, and educational details in the CAT application form. If the application has been filled successfully, the candidates will receive a text message on their registered mobile phones confirming it. The conducting authorities also notified the candidates via text message if their application was rejected due to any conditions.
CAT 2022 Application Process
The candidates must follow the steps given below to enrol for CAT successfully.
- Login: After completing the registration, the candidates will be sent the login credentials on their registered email IDs or mobile numbers. The candidates must make a note of those credentials and login into the official website using them.
- Enter all the Details Carefully: The application form requires candidates to enter various details. Candidates must fulfil this step with utmost care and attention. Mistakes of spelling or factual errors should be avoided.
- Upload the Documents as Per the Given Specifications: The candidates will be asked to upload their photographs and signatures along with the form. The candidates must resize the documents as per the specifications given on the website. Candidates belonging to the reserved categories will be asked to upload their respective category certificates.
- CAT Application Fee Payment: Lastly, the candidates must pay the application fee via Net Banking, Credit Card, or Debit Card. The category-wise application fee is mentioned below.
Documents Required to Fill CAT 2022 Application Form
While filling out the CAT 2022 application form, candidates need to have the soft copies of the necessary documents ready. The list of the documents which is necessary while filling out the application form is provided below. The documents should be in the specified size and format before uploading them.
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature.
- An attested SC/ST/OBC certificate.
- PwD Certificate signed and attested by respective authorities.
The candidate can follow the below-mentioned guidelines while uploading the scanned photograph and signature for CAT 2022 Application Form.
|Image/Documents||Dimensions||File and Format Size||Image Resolution|
|Photograph||30mm(width) x 45mm(height)||80KB - JPEG/JPG||150Pixel (min)|
|Signature||80mm(width) x 35mm(height)||80KB - JPEG/JPG||150Pixel (min)|
CAT 2022 Application Form Correction
Candidates tend to make mistakes while filling out the application form. Since CAT is a major career deciding exam, the authority facilitates the candidates with an application form correction window during which candidates can make changes to the information provided in their application. Candidates must be very cautious while editing the information as another chance to correct the errors will not be provided under any circumstances.
How to Register for Non-IIM participating Institutes in CAT 2022?
Follow the steps given below to register to Non-IIM institutes.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Navigate to the CAT 2022 link which will be available on the right part of the screen.
- Step 3: Click on "Downloading of MOU and the Application Form".
- Step 4: Pay the required fees.
- Step 5: Carefully fill CAT 2022 Application Form and MOU. Then send the scanned copies duly filled-in, signed, and stamped along with the required enclosures (mentioned inside the application form) through email.
Note: The program brochure can be sent exclusively or separately along with the other required hard copies as stated above.
Read More: CAT 2022 Application Form
CAT 2022 Registration
The online CAT 2022 application form will be available in Aug 2022 (tentatively). Before filling out the application form, candidates must register themselves. Once a candidate completes CAT 2022 registration, IIM (conducting authority) will send the registration ID and password to the candidate which must be used to login to the official website and complete the application process.
CAT exam uses the online mode of application. Candidates must register themselves first, and then proceed to fill out the CAT 2022 application form. The application fee has to be paid after the successful completion of registration and filling out the application form. The steps to fill out the CAT registration form are mentioned below.
- Step 1: Visit the official website for further information.
- Step 2: Select New Registration from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: To register, enter your name, date of birth, nationality, phone number, and email address.
- Step 4: To fill out the application form, log in with the email ID you received.
- Step 5: Fill up your personal and academic information.
- Step 6: A passport-sized photo and a scanned signature should be uploaded.
- Step 7: Choose your favourite courses and IIMs.
- Step 8: Choose your desired test locations.
- Step 9: Using a credit/debit card or net banking, pay the application fee.
Read more: CAT 2022 Registration
CAT 2022 Admit Card
CAT 2022 admit card is a crucial document from an exam point of view. The registered candidates can download their respective hall tickets from the official website after the application process is completed. It will encompass important details such as the candidate's personal details, roll number, address of the allotted exam centre, etc. If any are found, the candidates must get in touch with the concerned authorities immediately. At the time of the exam, the candidates will also be required to keep a government-issued photo ID proof along with them.
Steps to Download CAT 2022 Admit Card
Candidates can follow the steps given below to download the CAT 2022 admit card.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: In the notification section, click on the 'Admit Card' link.
- Step 3: Login using the credentials provided at the time of registration.
- Step 4: View and download the admit card.
- Step 5: Take a printout of the same.
Discrepancies on CAT Hall Ticket 2022
CAT hall ticket will carry various important details. They must be checked very carefully. If the candidates find any errors on their respective CAT 2022 admit cards, they must contact the concerned authorities on the below-mentioned contact information:
- [email protected]
Documents to be Carried to the CAT 2022 Exam Centre
Anyone out of the below-mentioned photo ID proof documents must be mandatorily carried along with the CAT 2022 admit card to the exam centre on the day of CAT 2022.
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Photo ID issued by the current education institute or the employer
Read more: CAT Admit Card 2022
CAT 2022 Exam Centres
CAT 2022 exam centres related information is crucial and the candidates must download the admit card to check the allotted test centre. The exam city list for 2022 is tabulated below.
|CAT Test State/UTs||CAT Test Cities|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Chittoor, Kurnool, Nellore, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam|
|Assam||Guwahati, Silchar, Dibrugarh|
|Bihar||Aurangabad, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Anand|
|Haryana||Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Palwal, Rohtak, Panipat, and Sonipat|
|Himachal Pradesh||Solan, Simla|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Belgaum, Bidar, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi, Ramanagara, Davanagere, Chikballapur, Mandya, Kolar, Hassan, Tumkur|
|Kerala||Kochi, Kasaragod, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram, Trivandrum|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar|
|Maharashtra||Ahmednagar, Amravati, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Solapur, Nanded, Ratnagiri, Satara, and Thane|
|Odisha||Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Sambalpur, Berhampur, Balasore, Rourkela|
|Punjab||Fatehgarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala, Ropar, Sangrur, Mohali, Paghwara|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur, Sikar, Alwar, Ajmer|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Namakkal, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli and Thanjavur|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karim Nagar, Khammam|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Greater Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi, Mathura, Bareilly, Prayagraj|
|West Bengal||Durgapur, Hooghly, Howrah, Kolkata, Kalyani, Siliguri, Burdwan, Asansol.|
Read More: CAT Exam Centres 2022
CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
CAT 2022 exam pattern will remain the same as in previous years, but the total number of questions will be reduced. It is very important for candidates to understand the pattern of the CAT question paper before appearing for the examination. It would help them devise an effective exam day strategy. CAT will be held online, as a computer-based test. The question will be divided into three sections. The candidates will be answering around 76 questions in total (based on 2020). Some key highlights of the CAT exam pattern are given below:
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Duration||2 Hours or 120 Minutes|
CAT 2022 Marking Scheme
|Correct Answer||+3 Marks|
|Incorrect Answer (MCQs only)||-1 Mark|
|Unattempted Questions||No addition or deduction of marks|
Other Important Details:
- The score obtained in the CAT will be converted into a percentile, after the normalization process of the scores for all the sessions.
CAT 2022 Syllabus
CAT 2022 syllabus will include all the topics based on the questions asked. CAT syllabus is divided into 3 sections which test the Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR), Verbal Ability (VA), and Quantitative Aptitude (QA). General Awareness is not part of the CAT. CAT exam syllabus usually remains the same every year. The only difference lies in the question paper format. The syllabus or topics is provided below.
CAT 2022 Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
CAT 2022 entrance exam syllabus for quantitative aptitude is provided below. All the important topics related to the CAT subjects are provided in order to help candidates understand the number of topics to be covered before commencing the preparation process.
- Arithmetic- Number System, HCF, LCM, Ratio & Proportion, Simplification, Percentage, Average, Age Calculation, Time & Work, Distances
- Algebra- Hypothesis of Equations, Quadratic Equation, Permutation, and Combination, Sequence and Series
- Percentages- Percentages and their applications
- Trigonometry- Trigonometric Ratios, Heights, and Distances
- Calculus- Minima and Maxima functions
- Mensuration-Areas and Volumes – Rectangles, Squares, Triangles, Circles, Cubes, Cones, Spheres, Pipes, and Cistern
- Geometry and its Applications- Angles, Lines, Triangles, Circles
- Ratio and its applications
- Numbers and their applications
CAT 2022 Verbal Ability Syllabus
CAT 2022 detailed syllabus for all the subjects will be available on the official website. CAT Syllabus PDF will have a detailed list of all the topics involved in the syllabus. A list of important topics related to the verbal ability section is mentioned below to help candidates get a brief idea of the topics to be covered.
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Reasoning (and its numerous applications)
- Para Completion
- Face Interference Judgment
CAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus
The Logical Reasoning section of CAT will have the following kinds of questions.
- Direction Sense
- Clocks and Calendars
- Data Structures
- Blood Relations
- Charts, Tables & Graphs (Bar Chart, Pie Chart, etc.)
The candidates can score well in this section by practising various questions of each type. It is advised that candidates decide how much time to devote to each section before appearing for the exam.
Read more: CAT Syllabus 2022
CAT 2022 Key Changes
There are certain changes that have been made in the CAT 2022 exam. All the candidates are strongly advised to go through the changes mentioned below.
- Revised Exam Pattern: CAT 2022 exam pattern to remain the same as in 2020, but the total number of questions will be reduced. Therefore, the candidates are advised to visit the website regularly to never miss an update.
- Revised IIM CAT Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria: Considering that there could be different evaluation patterns adopted by different universities across the country due to the covid-19 pandemic, the CAT Committee has decided to remove the minimum percentage of marks (45% and 50% [or equivalent CGPA] respectively) for appearing for the CAT 2022 exam. This exception is made to ensure parity for candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree in 2020, and 2022 and will complete their bachelor's degree in 2022. Kindly note that this announcement is only applicable to the eligibility criteria for writing the CAT 2022. Candidates are advised to look at and follow respective institution-specific admission policies. This is for 2020, 2022, and 2022 graduates. For all the other candidates the minimum eligibility criteria is Graduation with 50% - General/ OBC-NC/EWS, Graduation with 45% - SC/ST/ PWD.
- CAT 2022 Application Fee Increased: The fee has been increased by INR100 for SC/ST and PwD candidates (INR 1,100/-) while it has increased by INR 200 (INR 2,200/-) for the General & NC-OBC category.
- CAT 2022 Test Cities Increased: The number of CAT 2022 exam cities has increased to 156 this year.
Added CAT 2022 Test Cities - Madgaon (Goa), Prayagraj (Uttar Pradesh), Srinagar (Jammu)
CAT Previous Year Question Paper
The candidates who are willing to appear for the CAT examination should go through the previous year's question paper so they can understand the type of questions and difficulty level of the paper, solving 1-2 question papers on a regular basis will help you in improving the speed and accuracy level of answering the questions.
Read More: CAT Previous Year Question Paper
CAT 2022 Mock Test
CAT 2022 mock test will be released on the official website a few weeks before the exam date.The total time duration of CAT 2022 mock test will be 120 minutes with a sectional time limit of 40 minutes. CAT 2022 Mock Test Link will offer aspirants access to online tests to become familiar with computer based test instructions, procedures, and features.
Read More: CAT 2022 Mock Test
CAT 2022 Preparation Tips
CAT is often considered to be of the most difficult entrance exams in India. But with strategic preparation, one can ace this exam with very good scores. If you are preparing for the upcoming CAT 2022 exam, make sure to look into the syllabus and keep in mind the preparation tips given below.
- Start with the Basics: Basics are very important and one has to be thorough with the basics to solve all kinds of problems. To begin with, you can focus on topics like Arithmetic, Numbers, Geometry, and gradually build on your knowledge on other less important topics like Functions, Inequalities, Permutation, and Combinations, etc. It is also important to focus on easier topics like Progressions, Logarithms, etc. As far as verbal and RC are concerned, it is very important to read a lot. Reading on a variety of topics is very important to improve efficiency. DI and LR practice a lot of puzzles and this will help you to ace this section.
- Take Mock Tests: Equally important to basics is taking mocks. Take mock tests in the beginning phase of your preparation. It will help you to gauge your strengths and weaknesses. Then you can build your strategies accordingly and work your way to glory. The more mock tests you take, the more familiar you will become with the test.
- Practice: It is important to stick to a practice regime and follow it religiously. Regular practice on this will strengthen conceptual knowledge as well as increase your speed. In this way, you can increase accuracy.
- Time Management: Realistic timetable setting, planning ahead, and preparing months ahead is the best way to avoid burnout and also improve efficiency, speed, and accuracy. Identify your strengths and use them to save time in the actual exam.
CAT 2022 Reference Books
CAT 2022 reference books will act as the most useful resource for candidates appearing for the CAT 2022 exam. The candidates can solve questions from these resources and ultimately score well in the exam. Newspapers and magazines are essential to crack the CAT 2022 Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. The Hindu, The Statesman, India Today, and Business Line are among a few recommended newspapers and magazines, which have quality articles. Apart from that, some highly recommended study material for the exam is mentioned in the table below.
|Book||Author / Publication|
|How To Prepare For Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|How To Prepare For the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension CAT||Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay|
|How To Prepare For Quantitative Ability For CAT||Arun Sharma|
|CAT Previous Year Papers (Solved)||Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay|
Read more: CAT Books 2022
Changes in CAT Exam Over the Years
CAT was computerized in the year 2009. Since then, there have been a significant amount of changes in the exam pattern of the common admission test. We have curated a table with the number of questions asked in the common admission test over the years. The table consists of the year of the exam, the total number of questions asked in CAT and the number of questions in individual sections. The table also provides information about the number of MCQs and Non-MCQs asked each year.
|CAT Year||Total Number of Questions||Verbal Ability &Reading Comprehension (VARC)||Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)|
|CAT 2020||76||26 (18 MCQs & 8 Non-MCQs)||26 (18 MCQs & 8 Non-MCQs)||24 (18 MCQs & 6 Non-MCQs)|
CAT 2022 Coaching Centres
Coaching centres are the most popular way of preparing for CAT exam. Multiple institutes have a reputation of producing commendable results and students increasing prefer to study with experienced tutors at such institutes, than by themselves. Given below is a list of the best CAT coaching centres in different cities across the country:
|City||List of Coaching Centres|
CAT Conducting Institutes Over the Years
The table below shows the institutes that conducts CAT.
|YEAR||CAT Conducting IIM|
CAT Exam Day Guidelines
CAT 2022 exam will be conducted by following COVID-19 guidelines like last year. Candidates appearing for the exam must carry the following documents to the CAT exam centre to get entry inside the exam hall:
- Admit card: Candidates appearing for the CAT 2022 exam must carry two printouts of their admit cards with their photo affixed on it. Entry without admit card and photo ID will not be permitted.
- Identity Proof: Along with the admit card, candidates are required to carry a photo ID proof such as College ID (must be supported with a valid debit/credit card), employer ID, driving license, passport, PAN card, Voter ID or Aadhaar card
- Name change document: In case a candidate changed their name, they will be required to carry a name change certificate/document.
Items prohibited inside the CAT 2022 exam hall:
- Calculator, watch, phone, iPad or any other electronic item
- Bags and purses
- Eatables and beverage photos
- Jewellery and accessories that contain metal
- Jackets and clothes with pockets
- Closed footwear
Note: Candidates with a metal implant, pacemaker, etc. in their body will be required to bring a medical certificate of the same to the test centre.
CAT 2022 Answer Key
The CAT 2022 answer key is generally released within 10 days from the CAT exam date. Find more details related to the CAT answer key in the section below.
Steps to Download CAT 2022 Answer Key
Candidates can follow the steps given below to download the CAT 2022 answer key, and further raise objections if any.
- Step 1: Visit the website, iimcat.ac.in
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Candidate login’ link/button.
- Step 3: Enter your login credentials to get to your dashboard.
- Step 4: Dashboard will display answer key, question paper, and response sheet for download.
Read more: CAT Answer Key 2022
CAT 2022 Previous Year Paper Analysis
Previous year paper analysis of CAT exam will allow candidates to understand the difficulty levels of the test paper and to prepare accordingly. It will also help students gain information about the views of other candidates and experts. Paper analysis is very useful as candidates can use it to calculate their tentative scores and can use the analysis to ascertain their performance. Paper analysis of past years is as mentioned below:
2021 - Session 1
- Test was of easy-moderate level difficulty
- Reading comprehension had high weightage
- Maximum questions were from Algebra, and Arithmetic
2021 - Session 2
- Test was of easy-moderate level difficulty
- Maximum questions were from Algebra, Geometry and Arithmetic
- Reading comprehension was easy
- Logical Reasoning questions were of easy-moderate level difficulty
2021 - Session 3
- Test was of easy-moderate level difficulty
- Quantitative analysis was tricky
- Reading comprehension was moderate-difficult
2020 Paper Analysis
- CAT 2020 was of easy-moderate level difficulty.
- The questions were equally spread out among the various sections.
- VARC section was most difficult of all
CAT 2022 Result
IIM will release CAT 2022 results in Jan 2023 (tentatively). Scorecards are published online along with the results. Candidates will be notified about their percentile via SMS. CAT scores will be valid for 1 year. After CAT 2022 results are announced, different institutes will start publishing their cut-off percentiles for further processes.
How to Check CAT 2022 Results?
Candidates can follow the detailed steps given below to check their CAT 2022 results.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Navigate to click on "Download CAT 2022 Score Card" notification.
- Step 3: The site will be redirected to the login page.
- Step 4: Provide the user ID and password.
- Step 5: The site will be redirected to the candidate's account page.
- Step 6: Click on the download scorecard link and download it for future reference.
Based on the different cut-offs specified by participating IIMs, candidates can begin applying for the desired colleges and courses. CAT results and the application to various IIMs are followed by a Group Discussion, Personal Interview, and Written Ability Test. If not for an IIM, CAT scores are valid and considered in various other B-schools.
Read More: CAT Result
CAT 2022 Reservation Statistics
There are certain seat reservations in CAT 2022 offered by IIMs for reserved category candidates. These remain the same every year. The purpose of the reservation is to provide an equal opportunity to candidates of all sections of society to study at top B-schools in the country. The percentage of seats reserved is indicated below:
|Category||Percentage of Seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Non-Creamy–Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)||27%|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||Up to 10%|
|People with Disability/Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
- During the CAT entrance exam application process, candidates are advised to provide all the correct information if they belong to any of the above-mentioned reserved categories. Failure to do so will result in the rejection of a candidate's application.
- Candidates who successfully make it to the interview have to present the required set of documents. Failing to do so will result in the rejection of a candidate's application.
CAT 2022 Cut Off
The minimum percentile required to clear CAT 2022 cutoff for different sections according to the previous years is provided below. The previous year's CAT entrance exam cut off can be very helpful to the students to plan carefully for the current year's exam. It is important to note that there are section wise cut-offs as well. A candidate cannot perform extremely well in one section and neglect the other. This makes the exam far more competitive. Further, there are different cutoffs for different categories.
Read more: CAT Cut Off
CAT 2022 Admission Process
Aspirants must have complete information about the CAT 2022 admission process. Candidates have to submit their original documents during CAT 2022 counselling. There is no specific date for CAT 2022 counselling, as each IIM and each private college will conduct their admission or selection process on different dates and times. If a candidate is selected for a particular program in an IIM, an email will be sent to that shortlisted candidate. Criteria for shortlisting candidates also differ amongst the IIMs.
The list of shortlisted candidates for a particular IIM will be available on the website of the concerned IIM. Moreover, as each IIM follows a different admission process, one must visit the website of that particular IIM to learn about the admission policy followed.
Generally, the selection process involves a Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI). CAT Score will be given the foremost importance for selection. Some IIMs might even consider some factors like previous academic records and work experience. However, the weightage given to each of these parameters varies from one IIM to the other:
- CAT 2022 Score
- Personal Interview
- Written Ability Test (WAT)
- Academic Diversity Factor for Bachelor's Degree (ADFB)
- Work Experience
Note: Each college gives different weightage to the criteria mentioned above. Most colleges, nevertheless, give maximum weightage to the CAT Score.
Documents to be Carried to the Admission Centre
Aspiring candidates have to carry certain documents during the admission procedure to verify their eligibility. The list of documents to be carried is mentioned below.
- Original Marksheets (all semesters) and degree certificates
- SC/ST/PWD/EWS candidates must produce relevant Class/Caste/Disability or pertaining certificate along with a photocopy.
- Final year candidates must produce a certificate from the principal or registrar of the institute or university along with the previous exam's mark sheet (minimum of 50% for General/EWS and 45% for SC/ST/PWD Category)
Read more: CAT Counselling
Courses Offered by IIMs through CAT 2022
As mentioned, the entrance exam has many benefits. CAT exam includes admission into courses offered at prestigious IIMs to the candidates who qualify for the test with flying colours. The table given below consists of the name of the institutions along with their locations and all the programs offered by them. Candidates can apply for their desired course if they satisfy the eligibility criteria of the CAT 2022 Exam.
Other than Diploma in Management, IIMs offer FPM and EFPM which are equivalent to Ph.D. programs. EFPM stands for Executive Fellow Programme in Management and FPM stands for Fellow Programme in Management. IIMs which provide the FPM and EFPM are compiled below in the table.
|Institutions||Programs (PGP/MBA)||Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM) [Doctoral]|
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, PGP||PhD|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM, PGPBA||FPM|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP||Ph.D. (FPM)|
|IIM Indore||PGP, PGP-HRM||FPM|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP, EPGP||FPM & EFPM|
|IIM Kozhikode||PGP, PGP-BL, PGP-F, EPGP (Kochi Campus & IL)||FPM|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM||-|
|IIM Raipur||PGP||FPM & EFPM|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM, PGP-HRM||Ph.D., E.Ph.D|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGP, EPGPX||FPM, EFPM|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX||FPM|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGP, PGPBM, PGPM-HR||FPM|
Fellowship Programs in Management (FPM) [Doctoral]
Note: Separate advertisements may be released for courses other than PGP by various IIMs. Candidates are expected to visit the official website of the concerned IIM and check the availability of the course, its eligibility criteria, and the admission process, and then apply for it.
The list of non-IIM institutes that accept the CAT score is available on www.iimcat.ac.in. IIMs have no role to play in the admission process of a candidate in Non-IIM institutes, that accept the CAT exam scores.
CAT Registration Trend Over the Years
Lakhs of Management aspirants apply and appear for the exam every year. The top-tier management colleges of the country grant admission on the basis of candidates' CAT scores. The registration trends of the examination are discussed in this section. The candidates can find the number of candidates that applied for the examination. Over 2.5 lakh aspiring candidates had registered for CAT in 2019, whereas this number fell to 2.27 lakhs in 2020, due to COVID-19. Out of the 2.27 lakh registered candidates, only 1.90 lakhs appeared for the exam.
|Year||Number of Candidates||Year||Number of Candidates|
Colleges Accepting CAT Score
Following are the colleges that accepts CAT scores for admission.
Top Colleges Accepting CAT Score
CAT scores are accepted by 20 IIMs. Given below are the names of the IIMs top scorers can consider.
|IIM Udaipur||IIM Tiruchirappalli||IIM Sirmaur||IIM Kashipur|
|IIM Bangalore||IIM Ahmedabad||IIM Indore||IIM Jammu|
|IIM Calcutta||IIM Lucknow||IIM Ranchi||IIM Rohtak|
|IIM Kozhikode||IIM Visakhapatnam||IIM Bodh Gaya||IIM Raipur|
|IIM Shillong||IIM Amritsar||IIM Sambalpur||IIM Nagpur|
Top Non-IIMs Accepting CAT Score
Over 1,200 B-schools across the country accept CAT scores. Given below are the top NON-IIMs colleges.
|IIT Bombay SJMSOM||SPJMIR Mumbai||IMT Nagpur||IIT Kharagpur|
|IIT Delhi - DoMs||IMT Ghaziabad||IIT, Kanpur-IME||ITM University|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management||IMI Delhi||IIITM Gwalior||Institute of Management, Nirma University|
|IMI Kolkata||IIT Madras - DoMs||FMS , Delhi University||MDI, Gurgaon|
|IIT Roorkee DoMs||IIT Dhanbad ISM||IPE Hyderabad||Goa Institute of Management|
IIM Fee Campus Wise
Below given is the program fee of each IIM.
|IIM Campus||MBA Seats||MBA Fees|
|IIM Indore||451||17.07 lakh|
|IIM Nagpur||130||13.37 lakh|
|IIM Kashipur||210||15.10 lakh|
|IIM Shillong||120||12.68 lakh|
|IIM Amritsar||60||12.00 lakh|
|IIM Jammu||120||13.80 lakh|
|IIM Sirmaur||60||11.75 lakh|
|IIM Bodhgya||120||10.60 lakh|
|IIM Ranchi||240||15.30 lakh|
|IIM Sambalpur||120||13.03 lakh|
|IIM Trichy||180||10.70 lakh|
|IIM Vishakhapatnam||60||10.70 lakh|
|IIM Rohtak||240||15.30 lakh|
|IIM Udaipur||260||17.60 lakh|
|IIM Raipur||210||14.20 lakh|
|IIM Kozhikode||375||19.00 lakh|
|IIM Lucknow||436||19.00 lakh|
|IIM Calcutta||210||23.00 lakh|
|IIM Bangalore||430||23.00 lakh|
|IIM Ahmedabad||385||23.00 lakh|
CAT 2023 Registration will begin with the release of the official notification tentatively in the last week of Jul 2023. CAT 2023 eligibility, exam pattern, and syllabus are expected to remain in line with that of CAT 2022.
|Exam Year||CAT Exam Date|
|2021||Nov 28, 2022|
|2020||Nov 29, 2020|
|2019||Nov 24, 2019|
|2018||Nov 25, 2018|
|2017||Nov 26, 2022|
CAT Contact Details
In case of doubts or problems encountered during the application process, the candidates can reach out to the conducting authorities on the below-mentioned portals:Address: CAT CentreC/o. Admissions Office,
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad,
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad – 380 015, Gujarat, India.Contact: +91-079-7152 4630 / 4631 / 4633 / 4634Email: [email protected]
What is the minimum percentage required to be eligible for the CAT 2022?
A bachelor's degree from a recognized institute is compulsory and mandatory for writing the CAT 2022 exam.
If I lose my hall ticket at the exam centre, will I still be able to appear for the exam?
Yes, you can download the admit card at the exam centre. You need to inform the authorities about the same and they will help you in downloading a duplicate admit card.
How can I check my CAT result online?
The process to check the CAT result online is as follows: 1. Visit the official website. 2. Navigate to click on ‘Download CAT Score Card'. 3. You will be redirected to the login page. 4. Provide your User Id and Password. 5. You will be redirected to the candidate's account page. 6. Click on the Download Scorecard link and download it for future reference.
What stationery should I be carrying on the CAT exam day?
CAT exam candidates are prohibited from carrying anything except admit card and the photo ID. A pen and paper will be given to you at the exam centre for rough work which you must return to the authorities before leaving the exam hall.
What is the deadline time for entering the CAT 2022 exam centre?
The candidates are advised to reach the exam centre at least 2 hrs prior to the exam, for smooth entry process inside the exam hall.
When will the official notification for CAT 2022 be released?
The exam authority is expected to release the official notification for CAT 2022 in July.
Can I apply for CAT 2022 offline?
No, the application process takes place only online. There is no provision for offline applications
Is CAT exam more difficult than XAT?
No, CAT exam is considered to be slightly easier than XAT, especially because of the inclusion of two extra sections, namely 'decision making' and 'GK' in XAT exam
How to register for CAT 2022?
The registration process for CAT 2022 involves filling the registration form online, uploading necessary documents and paying the exam fee.