Overview of Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch]:
B.Arch. or Bachelor of Architecture is an undergraduate Architecture course. Architecture is the activity of designing and constructing buildings and other physical structures by a person or a machine. The usual definition includes the design of the total built environment, from the macro level of how a building integrates with its surrounding man-made landscapes to the micro level of architectural or construction details. As a profession, architecture is the role of those persons or machines giving architectural services. As documentation, often based on drawings, architecture defines the structure or behavior of a building or any other kind of system that is to be or has been constructed. This differentiates architecture from engineering design, which has as its primary object the creative manipulation of materials and forms using mathematical and scientific principles. One can pursue for further studies taking up Master's in Architecture for better understanding and hands-on work.
- Candidate must possess 50% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level or equivalent with Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level. or
- 10th + 3 years Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Governments with 50% aggregates marks. or
- International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
- Candidates seeking admission to B.Arch. Program should have a valid NATA score obtained in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- Admission will be done on Merit basis for which the merit list will be prepared based on marks obtained in qualifying examination and NATA Test. Merit list will be available on IGNOU Website www.ignou.ac.in as well as on Website of respective Institutes.
Admission Procedure for B.Arch:
- The admission procedure varies from institute to institute. One must have more than 50% marks in their 10+2 or any equivalent exam in science stream and mathematics being their one of the main subjects.
- Some colleges/universities conduct their own entrance examination for the admission into the course, although there are colleges which intake students on the basis of merit.
- JEE Main is also one of the entrance exams which allows the candidates to take admission in the respective colleges alloted to them.
- Application forms must be filled within the given deadlines in offline or online mode. All the information regarding the admission is given in the college/university website, one must go through all the procedures carefully.
Top Colleges for B.Arch: