Get admission into the top Private and Government institutions of Karnataka with the help of PGCET 2020. It is a state-level exam that takes admissions into courses such as MBA, MCA, M.Arch, M.Tech, and ME specifically in the state of Karnataka. Want to know more about this exam? Read this complete article to get a fair idea about the preparation, exam pattern, and more.
July 4, 2020: The registration process for PGCET 2020 started on June 15, 2020 and the last date to apply is set as June 28, 2020.
July 4, 2020: The examination will be conducted on August 8, 2020 and August 9, 2020. The exam schedule is mentioned in detail in the important dates section.
Read more about the Karnataka PGCET application process here.
- What is PGCET Exam?
- PGCET 2020 Exam Date
- PGCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Reservation of Seats
- PGCET 2020 Syllabus
- How to Prepare for PGCET 2020?
- PGCET 2020 Exam Pattern
- PGCET 2020 Registration
- KEA PGCET 2020 Application Form
- PGCET 2020 Admit Card
- PGCET 2020 Exam Centres
- PGCET 2020 Results
- PGCET Cut off Marks
- Courses Offered
- Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is PGCET Exam?
The full form of Karnataka PGCET is Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test. Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), the Government of Karnataka conducts PGCET for admission into various PG courses in Karnataka. Candidates can get admission into government seats as well as for Management Quota seats through Karnataka PGCET.
Courses Offered: Through Karnataka PGCET 2020 various courses like ME, M.Tech, MCA, MBA, and M.Arch are offered in colleges/universities in Karnataka.
Level: Karnataka PGCET is a state-level entrance examination for admission in universities/ colleges in Karnataka into various PG level courses.
Frequency: KEA conducts Karnataka PGCET once every academic year.
Mode & Type: Examination is an offline exam i.e. Paper and Pen-based Test (PPT) and the paper will be of objective MCQs.
Marks: Question paper will have 100 marks. You will be awarded 1 mark for a correct answer and there are no negative marks.
- If the candidate is qualified in GATE 2020 and has a valid GATE Score, then he can get admission through this score but he/she has to keep in mind that they have to apply for Karnataka PGCET.
- Since there is no negative marking candidates can use this to their advantage by attending all questions.
Highlights of Karnataka PGCET 2020 exam is tabulated below:
|Name of the Examination||Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|Exam Type||State Level Exam|
|Authority||Karnataka Examination Authority|
|Date of Exam||August 8, 2020 and August 9, 2020|
|Examination Stream||Management, Computer Applications, Technology, and Architecture Courses|
|Duration & Marks||150 minutes for 100 marks|
|Type of Questions||Objective MCQ's|
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Exam Date
Karnataka Examination Authority conducts Karnataka PGCET and it releases Karnataka PGCET Dates on their official website. Candidates need to be very cautious about the exam dates such that important events related to dates should not be missed out. Highlights of different dates related to exam are mentioned as below:
- Application Form: Karnataka PGCET Application Form will be available on the official website of Karnataka PGCET. KEA will release application form on June 15, 2020 and the last date to submit the form is on June 28, 2020.
- Admit Card: Admit Card for Karnataka PGCET will be available once the candidate has registered successfully. Candidates can access their Karnataka PGCET Admit Card from July 27, 2020. It is compulsory for candidates to carry their Admit Card to the Exam Centre because without admit card they will not be allowed to take part in the exam.
- Exam Date: Karnataka PGCET 2020 Dates is August 8, 2020 and it is a Pen and Paper-based exam.
- Results: KEA will declare the Karnataka PGCET Results in the second week of August (tentative).
Candidates need to refer tentative exam dates which are highlighted in the below tabular column:
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Notification release of PGCET||June 15, 2020|
|Release of Online Application Form||June 15, 2020|
|Last date to submit the PGCET application form||June 28, 2020|
|Admit Card issue date||July 27, 2020|
|PGCET Exam dates||August 8, 2020 to August 9, 2020|
|Answer Key release date||To be announced|
|Results Declaration||To be announced|
|Counselling for PGCET||To be announced|
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
KEA sets the eligibility criteria for Karnataka PGCET. If candidates don't satisfy the eligibility criteria then their application will be subject to rejection. KEA has set specific eligibility criteria for specific courses. General eligibility criteria which candidate should satisfy are mentioned below:
- Qualifications: Candidates should have an Under-Graduate Degree from any recognized College/Universities in India or Abroad.
- Marks: To be eligible for Karnataka PGCET 2020 candidates must have scored more than 50 percentile for candidates belonging to the general category, and for SC/ ST and OBC candidates they have to score more than 40 percentile.
- Work Experience: If a candidate wants to apply for a part-time course then he/she should have a minimum work experience of 3 years as on 31st July 2020.
Course-wise eligibility criteria for PGCET exam is given in the table below:
|MBA||Any Bachelor’s degree of 3 years with a minimum of 50% of marks|
|MCA||A Bachelor’s Degree in any one of the Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Computer Applications/Computer Programming/Business Mathematics/Business Statistics with a minimum of 50% of marks.|
|ME/M.Tech/M.Arch||A valid GATE score or a bachelor’s degree of 3 years with a minimum of 50% of marks|
Karnataka PGCET Reservation of Seats
Only the candidates who are of Karnataka Origin are eligible to claim the reservation in the Karnataka PGCET. Some important points regarding reservation of seats in Karnataka PGCET are given below:
- Only Category-1 candidates of Karnataka can claim reservation.
- Candidates can also claim reservations under the Hyderabad-Karnataka region, provided they are able to produce an eligibility certificate from that concerned Assistant Commissioner.
- Candidates who are wards of ex-servicemen can avail the reservation if they obtain a certificate of their parent’s home address issued by the Joint Director/Deputy Director of the concerned district and is countersigned by the Director of the Department of Sainik Welfare and Resettlement, Bangalore.
- Candidates who have 40% or more disability have a reservation of 3% of the total seats in Government and Government Aided Colleges.
PGCET 2020 Syllabus
KEA tests candidates' strength in subjects which he/she has opted in their UG. Therefore the Karnataka PGCET 2020 Syllabus for candidates will depend on the course which they had selected in their UG. And will also on the course, they are planning to take in their PG through Karnataka PGCET.
Topics: Topics for each course differs from each other. Candidates should be clear on topics that they have studied in their UG. They should try to increase their grasp on these topics.
Note: Candidates can refer the books such as Karnataka PGCET ME/ M.Tech Entrance Test Computer Science Engineering by Chandresh Agrawal, Karnataka PGCET MBA Entrance Test by Chandresh Agrawal. They can also refer to the Karnataka PGCET MCA Entrance Test Study Package by Chandresh Agrawal and much more for the exam.
How to Prepare for Karnataka PGCET?
Preparation for any Exam is of two types. The preparation that is done through coaching centres - where you go to the center that teaches you concepts, and then there is self-preparation, where you try your best at beating the exam alone. People generally prefer coaching centres because those centres provide us with a fixed schedule and resources to prepare for the exam, and in turn, we have to pay them.
Self-determined students can motive themselves in order to give the exam. Preparation tips for giving the exam are notified as below:
Secure all the sources relevant to PGCET
Before starting your preparation for the exam make sure that you secured all of the relevant material that would be useful for you. There are numerous study materials and reference books out there. Out of them, you need to select the right ones that you think would actually help you in your preparation for PGCET. Gathering all of this will give you a clear picture of how much you have to complete over the period you have allotted yourself.
Construct a Custom Preparation Schedule
Preparation for an exam doesn't be fruitful if you are not following a definite structure. Thus, you need to create a proper schedule that is suitable for your day to day life. It should incorporate the equal distribution of study sessions for each subject, some time for solving previous year papers, and most importantly periodic revisions.
But just constructing a good schedule for sake of creating one is of no use. You have to commit yourself to that schedule until your goal is reached.
Evaluate and Improve Yourself
If you are not periodically evaluating yourself you would never know where you are lacking and where you are strong. So you need to attempt all sample question papers, mock tests you can get your hands upon. There are so many of them available on the internet. By taking these tests you will be able to evaluate yourself and then try to improve accordingly.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Karnataka PGCET is an offline exam i.e. Paper & Pen-based Test (PPT). Karnataka PGCET 2020 exam question paper has two sections. Each of the paper is designed to test the knowledge of candidates in their subject specialization.
Question & Duration: Questions will be of objective type MCQ's and time is given to complete the test will be 2 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 Minutes.
Marks: Question paper of Karnataka PGCET will have 100 marks in total, each and every answer correct answer will fetch 1 mark and there is no negative marking in the exam.
The following table contains course wise marks distribution in the PGCET examination.
|Course||Parts||Number of Questions||Marks|
|M.E/ M.tech/ M.Arch||Part-A||50 Questions||50 marks|
|Part-B||25 questions||50 marks|
|MBA||Part-A||50 Questions||50 marks|
|Part-B||50 Questions||50 marks|
|MCA||Part-A||60 Questions||60 marks|
|Part-B||20 Questions||40 marks|
Learn more about Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Registration
KEA will release the Application Form on its official website from June 15, 2020. Karnataka PGCET Application Form Details along with the application process and documents required are given below. Candidates can read the information given below to get details about Karnataka PGCET Application Process.
- Registration: First you have to visit the official website and register yourself as a new user.
- Filling up the application form: Once you have registered yourself you will receive your user ID and password in your registered email id. You can log in and fill the application form with the required details.
- Uploading required documents: You will have to upload your latest colored photograph, signature, parents' signature and your left thumb impression.
- Accepting Declaration and Submitting the form: Once you have entered your details and uploaded all documents, you can proofread your application form and make sure there are no mistakes. Now post it, and you will see a pop-up giving some declarations. Click agree and submit the application form.
- Application Fee Payment: Candidates will have to pay an application fee of INR 650 (for general candidates) or INR 500 (for reserved candidates).
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Application Form
Students can apply to Karnataka PGCET only through an online application form. Various details that candidates need to know before applying are mentioned as below:
- Registration Date: Karnataka PGCET 2020 Application Form will be available on June 15, 2020 on the official website and the last date to submit form is on June 28, 2020.
- Mode of payment: Candidates can pay the Karnataka PGCET Registration Fee either through online or offline mode.
- Online payment: Applicants can make their payment for Karnataka PGCET 2020 using a Debit/ Credit Card or Net Banking and should take a printout of the receipt for further process.
- Documents: Aspirants will have to scan and upload the required documents in the given size, format, and dimension.
Uploading the Required Documents
Candidates have to upload their documents in the specified dimensions, size, and format specified by KEA. These details are given in the table below:
File Size: 5KB - 40KB
Dimension: 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm
|JPG/JPEG||It should be a recent passport size color photograph.|
File Size: 5KB - 40KB
Dimension: 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm
|JPG/JPEG||The candidate should sign on a white paper with blue or black ink. And signature should not be in capital letters|
|Left Thumb Impression||
File Size: 5KB - 40KB
Dimension: 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm
|JPG/JPEG||Thumbprints should be clear and should be taken in blue or black ink.|
Documents required for Karnataka PGCET
Various documents which you need have for Karnataka PGCET are mentioned as below:
- Recent Photograph
- Thumb Print
- Class 10 Marks Card
- Class 12 Marks Card
- Undergraduate Marks Card
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- IT certificate (If applicable)
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Admit Card
Hall ticket is available online from July 27, 2020 on the official website. Candidates will have to remember that Karnataka PGCET Admit Card will neither be dispatched nor be sent via email or post or courier under any circumstances.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Admit Card will contain details such as Candidate’s Name, Passport size photograph, Signature of the candidate, Date of Exam, Time of Exam, Venue of the Examination Centre and Important instructions regarding the examination.
You should keep a copy of your Karnataka PGCET Admit Card till the end of your admission process.
How to download Karnataka PGCET Admit Card?
You have to visit the official website of Karnataka PGCET. Steps for downloading the Admit Card from the official website are as follows:
Step 1: Log in using your credentials which are application ID and Password.
Step 2: Now click on "Get Admit Card" and you will be able to access your admit card.
Step 3: Download admit card and take the printout in an A4 size sheet.
Documents required along with PGCET Admit Card
Candidate should take some valid id proof along with admit card on the day of the exam. Valid id card can be any one of the following:
- College Id Card
- Pan Card
- Aadhar Card
- Voter Id.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Exam Centers
Based on their preferences, Candidates have to choose their Karnataka PGCET Exam Centres which is convenient for them while filling the Application Form. There are 16 Karnataka PGCET Exam Centres across Karnataka. Candidates will have to keep in mind that once a Karnataka PGCET Exam Centre is selected, it cannot be changed under any circumstances. The following table contains the list of test centres for the PGCET examination.
Note: The final centre that is allotted for the candidate will be mentioned on the PGCET Admit Card of the candidate.
PGCET 2020 Result
KEA will announce Karnataka PGCET Results on the 2nd week of August (tentative). Candidates can check their Karnataka PGCET Results by visiting the official website.
KEA will release the answer within 3 days of the Karnataka PGCET Exam Date. Students can use this answer key to estimate a rough score by cross-checking their answers with it.
Merit list will be prepared separately for MBA, MCA, ME / M.Tech / M.Arch. PGCET Merit list will be solely be based on marks obtained in the written exam i.e. Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test.
Note: Candidates who are applying for Karnataka PGCET through GATE Score are required to check their GATE Results.
How to check Karnataka PGCET Result?
Steps to check Karnataka PGCET 2020 Result are given below:
- Step 1: You need to visit the official website of Karnataka PGCET.
- Step 2: Candidates need to click on the result tab.
- Step 3: Enter your credentials.
- Step 4: Candidates need to click on "Submit".
- Step 5: Karnataka PGCET Results will be displayed on screen and candidates can download the results for future references.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Cut Off
Details regarding Karnataka PGCET Cut Off are given below:
- KEA will release Karnataka PGCET Cut Off ranks for all disciplines course wise, category wise and college wise on the official website.
- Cut off can be referred by students to get an idea about which college he/she might get.
- You should give options in Karnataka PGCET Counselling purely based on your interests.
- After cut off ranks are released, you are advised to make a list of colleges which you want to join based on your cut off and your interest
PGCET 2020 Counselling
Karnataka PGCET Counselling process is expected to be conducted on 2nd week of September (tentative). KEA conducts the counselling both through online mode via option entry by candidates.
There are five stages in the Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling process which are the Online Registration, Verification of Documents, Filling of Preference Form, Seat Allotment, and Reporting to the Allotted College.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling Documents Required
Documents which candidates need to submit during Karnataka PGCET Counselling are mentioned as below:
- Print out of Application Form.
- Original Copy of the Chalan.
- Admit Card.
- Class X or equivalent Marks Card.
- Class XII or equivalent Marks Card.
- Degree marks card of all semesters/ years.
- Provisional Degree Certificate/Degree Certificate/Course completion certificate.
- Study Certificate (If applicable).
- Two recent photographs(passport size.
5 courses are offered through Karnataka PGCET and they are listed in the table below:
|1||MCA (For Normal and Lateral Entry; Only Full Time)|
|2||MBA (For admission into the 1st year; Both Part-time and Full Time)|
|3||M.Tech (Both Part-Time and Full Time)|
|4||ME (Both Part-Time and Full Time)|
|5||M.Arch (Both Part-Time and Full Time)|
In case of any discrepancies at any stage of the exam contact the exam conducting authorities. Their contact information is given below:
18th Cross, Sampige Road,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012.
Phone: 080 - 23460460
Fax: 080 - 23461576
E-Mail: [email protected]