What is Karnataka PGCET?
Karnataka PGCET full form is Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test. Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), Government of Karnataka conducts PGCET for admission into various PG courses in Karnataka. Candidates can get admission into government seats as well as for Management Quota seats through Karnataka PGCET.
Courses Offered: Through Karnataka PGCET 2019 various courses like ME, M.Tech, MCA, MBA and M.Arch are offered in colleges/universities in Karnataka.
Level: Karnataka PGCET is a state-level entrance examination for admission in universities/ colleges in Karnataka into various PG level courses.
Frequency: KEA conducts Karnataka PGCET once every academic year.
Mode & Type: The examination is offline exam i.e. Paper and Pen-based Test (PPT) and the paper will be of objective MCQ's.
Marks: The question paper will have 100 marks. You will be awarded 1 marks for a correct answer and there are no negative marks.
- If the candidate is qualified in GATE 2019 and has a valid GATE Score, then he can get admission through this score.
- But he/she has to keep in mind that they have to apply for Karnataka PGCET.
- Since there is no negative marking candidates can use this to their advantage by attending all the questions.
|Name of the Examination||Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Authority||Karnataka Examination Authority|
|Date of Exam||15th July 2019|
|Examination Stream||Management, Computer Applications, Technology, and Architecture Courses|
|Duration & Marks||150 minutes for 100 marks|
|Type of Questions||Objective MCQ's|
- What is Karnataka PGCET?
- Karnataka PGCET Exam Date
- Karnataka PGCET Eligibility
- Karnataka PGCET Syllabus
- Karnataka PGCET Registration
- Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern
- Karnataka PGCET Admit Card
- Karnataka PGCET Exam Centres
- Karnataka PGCET Results
- Karnataka PGCET Cut Off
- Karnataka PGCET Counselling
- Karnataka PGCET FAQs
Karnataka PGCET Exam Date
Karnataka Examination Authority conducts Karnataka PGCET. And it releases Karnataka PGCET Dates on their official website. Some of the important dates are
- Application Form: Karnataka PGCET Application Form will be available on the official website of Karnataka PGCET. KEA will release application form on 19th May 2019 and last date to submit the form is on 10th June 2019.
- Admit Card: Admit Card for Karnataka PGCET will be available once the candidate has registered successfully. Candidates can access their Karnataka PGCET Admit Card from 20th June 2019. It is compulsory for candidates to carry their Admit Card to the Exam Centre.
- Exam Date: Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam Date is 15th July 2019 and it is a Pen and Paper based exam.
- Results: KEA will declare the Karnataka PGCET Results in the second week of August (tentative).
Karnataka PGCET Eligibility
KEA sets the eligibility criteria for Karnataka PGCET. If candidates doesn't satisify the eligibility criteria then their application will be subject to rejection. KEA has set specific eligibility criteria for specific courses. The general eligibility criteria which candidate should satisfy are:
- Qualifications: Candidates should have an Under-Graduate Degree from any recognized College/Universities in India or Abroad.
- Marks: To be eligible for Karnataka PGCET 2019 candidates must have scored
- More than 50 percentile for candidates belonging to general category.
- SC/ ST and OBC candidates they have to score more than 40 percentile.
- Work Experience: If a candidate wants to apply for a part-time course then he/she should have a minimum work experience of 3 years as on 31st July 2019.
Karnataka PGCET Syllabus
KEA tests candidates' strength in the subjects which he/she has opted in their UG. Therefore the Karnataka PGCET Syllabus for candidates will depend on the course which they had selected in their UG. And will also on the course, they are planning to take in their PG through Karnataka PGCET.
Topics: Candidates should be clear on the topics which they have studied in their UG. They should try to increase their grasp on these topics.
Note: Candidates can refer the books such as Karnataka PGCET ME/ M.Tech Entrance Test Computer Science Engineering by Chandresh Agrawal, Karnataka PGCET MBA Entrance Test by Chandresh Agrawal. They can also refer to How To Prepare For The Karnataka PGCET MCA Entrance Test Study Package by Chandresh Agrawal and much more for the exam.
Karnataka PGCET Registration
KEA will release the Application Form on their official website from 19th May 2019. Karnataka PGCET Application Form Details along with application process and documents required are given below.
How to apply for Karnataka PGCET?
Candidates can read the information given below to get details about Karnataka PGCET Application Process.
- Registration: First you have to visit the official website and register yourself as a new user.
- Filling up the application form: Once you have registered yourself you will receive your user ID and password in your registered email id. You can log in and fill the application form with the required details.
- Uploading required documents: You will have to upload your latest coloured photograph, signature, parents signature and your left thumb impression.
- Accepting Declaration and Submitting the form: Once you have entered your details and uploaded all the documents, you can proofread your application form and make sure there are no mistakes. Now post it, and you will see a pop-up giving some declarations. Click agree and submit the application form.
- Application Fee Payment: Candidates will have to pay an application fee of INR 650 (for general candidates) or INR 500 (for reserved candidates).
Karnataka PGCET Application Form Details
Students can apply to Karnataka PGCET only through an online application form. Various details that candidates need to know before applying are:
- Registration Date: Karnataka PGCET Application Form will be available on 19th May 2019 on the official website and the last date to submit the form is on 10th June 2019.
- Mode of payment: Candidates can pay the Karnataka PGCET Registration Fee either through online or offline mode.
- Online payment: Candidates can make their payment for Karnataka PGCET 2019 using a Debit/ Credit Card or Net Banking and should take a printout of the receipt for further process.
- Documents: Candidates will have to scan and upload the required documents in the given size, format and dimension.
Candidates have to upload their documents in the specified dimensions, size and format specified by KEA. These details are
|Document||General Description||File Size||File Dimension||Format|
|Candidate's Photograph||It should be a recent passport size colour photograph.||5 kb - 40 kb||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||JPG/JPEG|
|Candidate's Signature||Candidate should sign on a white paper with blue or black ink. And signature should not be in capital letters||5 kb - 40 kb||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||JPG/JPEG|
|Left Thumb Impression||Thumbprint should clear and should be taken in blue or black ink.||5 kb - 40 kb||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm||JPG/JPEG|
Documents required for Karnataka PGCET
Various documents which you need have for Karnataka PGCET are:
- Recent Photograph
- Thumb Print
- Class 10 Marks Card
- Class 12 Marks Card
- Undergraduate Marks Card
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- IT certificate (If applicable)
Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern
Karnataka PGCET is an offline exam i.e. Paper & Pen-based Test (PPT). Karnataka PGCET 2019 exam question paper has two sections. Each of the paper is designed to test the knowledge of candidates in their subject specialization.
Question & Duration: The questions will be of objective type MCQ's and time given to complete the test will be 2 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 Minutes.
Marks: The question paper of Karnataka PGCET will have 100 marks in total, each and every answer correct answer will fetch 1 mark and there is no negative marking in the exam.
Karnataka PGCET Admit Card
Hall ticket is available online from 20th June 2019 on the official website. Candidates will have to remember that Karnataka PGCET Admit Card will neither be dispatched nor be sent via email or post or courier under any circumstances.
The Karnataka PGCET Admit Card contains details such as Candidate’s Name, Passport size photograph, Signature of the candidate, Date of Exam, Time of Exam, Venue of the Examination Centre, Important instructions regarding the examination.
You should keep a copy of your Karnataka PGCET Admit Card till the end of your admission process.
How to download Karnataka PGCET Admit Card?
You have to visit the official website of Karnataka PGCET. Log in using your credentials which are application ID and Password. Now click on "Get Admit Card" and you will be able to access your admit card. Now download the admit card and take the printout in an A4 size sheet.
Karnataka PGCET Exam Centers
Based on their preferences, Candidates have to choose their Karnataka PGCET Exam Centres which is convenient for them while filling the Application Form. There are 12 Karnataka PGCET Exam Centres across karnataka. Candidates will have to keep in mind that once a Karnataka PGCET Exam Centre is selected, it cannot be changed under any circumstances.
Karnataka PGCET Results
KEA will announce Karnataka PGCET Results on 2nd week of August (tentative). Candidates can check their Karnataka PGCET Results by visiting the official website.
KEA will release the answer within 3 days of the Karnataka PGCET Exam Date. Students can use this answer key to estimate a rough score by cross-checking their answers with it.
The merit list will be prepared separately for MBA, MCA, ME / M.Tech / M.Arch. PGCET Merit list will be solely be based on the marks obtained in the written exam i.e. Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test.
Note: Candidates who are applying for Karnataka PGCET through GATE Score are required to check their GATE Results.
How to check Karnataka PGCET Result
The steps to check Karnataka PGCET are given below:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Karnataka PGCET.
- Step 2: Click on the result tab.
- Step 3: Enter your credentials.
- Step 4: Click on "Submit".
- Step 5: The Karnataka PGCET Results will be displayed on the screen and candidates can download the results for future references.
Karnataka PGCET Cut Off
Details regarding Karnataka PGCET Cut Off are given below:
- KEA will release Karnataka PGCET Cut Off ranks for all disciplines course wise, category wise and college wise on the official website.
- The cut off can be referred by the students to get an idea about which college he/she might get.
- You should give options in the Karnataka PGCET Counselling purely based on your interests.
- After cut off ranks are released, you are advised to make a list of colleges which you want to join based on your cut off and your interest.
Karnataka PGCET Counselling
Karnataka PGCET Counselling process is expected to be conducted on 2nd week of September (tentative). KEA conducts the counselling both through online mode via option entry by candidates.
There are five stages in the Karnataka PGCET 2019 Counselling process which are the Online Registration, Verification of Documents, Filling of Preference Form, Seat Allotment, and Reporting to the Allotted College.
Documents to be submitted during counselling
The candidates which candidates need to submit during Karnataka PGCET Counselling are:
- Print out of Application Form.
- Original Copy of the Chalan.
- Admit Card.
- Class X or equivalent Marks Card.
- Class XII or equivalent Marks Card.
- Degree marks card of all semesters/ years.
- Provisional Degree Certificate/Degree Certificate/Course completion certificate.
- Study Certificate (If applicable).
- Two recent photographs(passport size).
Courses Offered through Karnataka PGCET
5 courses are offered through Karnataka PGCET and they are:
Karnataka PGCET Contact Details
18th Cross, Sampige Road,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012.
Phone: 080 - 23460460
Fax: 080 - 23461576
Karnataka PGCET FAQs
Q: What is the required eligibility for PGCET 2019?
Ans. Eligibility criteria are different for MCA, MBA, M.Tech and M.Arch programmes. Please go through the eligibility section for complete information.
Q: What is the mode of the exam?
Ans. Karnataka PGCET exam will be conducted in the offline mode.
Q: What is the exam pattern for PGCET?
Ans. Karnataka PGCET exam pattern is different for MCA, MBA, M.Tech and M.Arch programmes. Please go through the exam pattern section for complete information.
Q: Is there any negative marking?
Ans. There is no negative marking.
Q: When can I avail the admit card?
Ans. Candidates can obtain the admit card from 20th June 2019 onwards.
Q: What is PGCET?
Ans. PGCET (Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance examination conducted by Karnataka Education Authority. Through Karnataka PGCET, candidates to get admission in various postgraduate courses in Karnataka.
Q: From when can I avail the PGCET application form?
Ans. Candidates can avail the PGCET application form on the official website from 19th May 2019
Q: Can I pay the application fee online?
Ans. Yes, You can poay the application fee online.
Q: What is the application fee?
Ans. The application fee for General and OBC candidates is Rs 650 and it is Rs 500 for SC/ST candidates.
Q: What is the syllabus for PGCET?
Ans. Candidates should prepare on Graduate level topics to appear for PGCET.
Q: What is the frequency of the exam?
Ans. The examination is conducted once in every academic year by KEA
Q: I am qualified in GATE 2019, do I need to attend in PGCET?
Ans. If the candidate has valid GATE score there is no need to attend the Karnataka PGCET
Q: Is there any descriptive test in PGCET?
Ans. No, only objective type questions will be asked.
Q: What is the mode of the examination?
Ans. The examination will be conducted in the offline mode i.e, Paper & Pen-Based Test (PBT).