Looking for an alternative to CAT Exam? Go for CMAT. Get admission into MBA and PGDM courses in over 1000 B-Schools across India with help of the CMAT 2021 Exam. Score 70-80% in the exam. Want to know how? Follow the preparation tips given below. Potential candidates can use the different CMAT books from various online portals to score well in the exam.
- December 23, 2020: The application forms for CMAT 2021 are released. Interested candidates can apply for the same provided that they satisfy all the eligibility criteria. Visit the CMAT Application Form page for more information.
- What is CMAT Exam?
- CMAT 2021 Exam Date
- CMAT 2021 Notification
- CMAT 2021 Eligibility
- CMAT 2021 Syllabus
- CMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- How to apply for CMAT 2021?
- CMAT 2021 Application Form
- CMAT 2021 Admit Card
- CMAT 2021 Exam Centres
- CMAT Preparation Tips
- CMAT 2021 Result
- CMAT 2021 Counselling
- CMAT Paper Analysis
- CMAT Practice Centres
- Important Guidelines
What is CMAT Exam?
CMAT, whose full form is Common Management Admission Test is a national level examination held for admission to MBA, PGDM, Executive PGDM, and PGCM courses. This national level exam facilitates institutes around India to select suitable students for admission in all management programs approved by NTA.
CMAT 2021 will be a three-hour computer-based online test, which is conducted in a single session to evaluate the candidate's ability across various segments like Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness. This test facilitates Institutions to select suitable graduate candidates for admission to all Management programs. CMAT Score is accepted by all AICTE-approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
|Exam Name||Common Management Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Participating Candidates||2 Lakh+|
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) was conducting CMAT Exam until 2018, but afterwards, National Testing Agency (NTA) started conducting the same. The exam will be conducted as per the guidance of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. Common Management Admission Test is conducted through Online mode and it is a Computer-Based Test (CBT). CMAT 2021 Exam will use highly secured IT software and encryption to ensure the delivery of tests are just on time. This will ensure no leakages and other malpractices.
CMAT 2021 is conducted once every year, granting admissions to courses such as MBA, PGCM, PGDM, and Executive PGDM in India. The exam takes place in two shifts.
Referring to sample papers will help candidates to know about CMAT 2021 Exam pattern. Candidates can download or refer to sample papers from the official website.
CMAT 2021 Exam Date
Candidates should make sure they know all the CMAT 2021 Exam Dates so they don't miss any of the important events. The exam date will be officially released on the official website of the CMAT.
|Application Form Start Date||December 23, 2020|
|Application Form Last Date||January 22, 2021|
|Last Date to pay the fees||January 23, 2021|
|Application Extended Date||--|
|Admit Card Availability||To be announced|
|CMAT Exam Date||February 22, 2021 and February 27, 2021|
|Results Announcement||To be announced|
|Commencement of Counselling||To be announced|
CMAT 2021 Notification
The CMAT 2021 Notification is released by its organizing body, NTA, on the official website. The application process for the exam will start on December 23, 2020 and end on January 22, 2021. Candidates are required to check the updates for applying for the examination. The admit card release date is yet to be announced and the CMAT Exam is scheduled to be conducted on February 22 and February 27, 2021. Candidates can keep a track of the updates and other information about the exam by regularly checking in this page.
CMAT 2021 Eligibility
NTA has set some criteria for taking CMAT 2021 Exam, and candidates should check whether they clear eligibility criteria before starting with the application form. Failing to meet the eligibility criteria will result in the candidates to be deemed ineligible for the exam and their application forms will be considered invalid. The eligibility criteria are distinctive and separate for each course type for the exam. The CMAT 2021 Eligibility is elaborated with respect to each category and type for the candidates to look and make a note of the same.
- Candidate must be a graduate (10+2+3) from any recognized university, and applicants who are pursuing the final year of their studies can also apply for CMAT Exam.
- General category candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks, and SC/ST category students must have secured 45% marks to fulfil eligibility criteria. It is important for the candidates to check if the candidates have the required scores as prescribed for being eligible for attempting the exam.
There is no age limit to appear in CMAT 2021. All age groups with required qualifications can apply for the examination.
For PGDM/ MBA
- CMAT Eligibility for MBA is that Candidates should have a recognized bachelor's degree with a minimum duration of 3 years.
- The students are in the final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for this exam.
Bachelor's Degree related to the programme with a minimum duration of 3 years. Candidates are necessarily required to check if they fulfil the requirements prior to applying for the PGCM under the CMAT Exam.
For Executive PGDM
- Candidate must have a recognized Bachelor's Degree with a minimum duration of 3 years.
- Candidates who are looking to pursue a degree in executive MBA needs to have a minimum of 2 years of Work Experience.
Candidates should make sure to regularly visit this page for further updates regarding the CMAT 2021 Eligibility and other associated events so that they do not miss out on any vital information.
CMAT Reservation Policy
Each institute or college that is offering admission through CMAT Exam will follow certain policies for reserved candidates. In case the institute is run by the central government then the following reservation scheme is followed.
|General-Economically Weaker Section(GEN-EWS)||10%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Non Creamy layer” (OBC-NCL)||27%|
Now within each category under the CMAT Exam, there is a reservation of 5% given to students given to students belonging to the PWD (Person with disability) category. Categories of disabilities are:
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness
- Blindness and low vision
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses
CMAT 2021 Syllabus
Candidates are required to go through and know the CMAT 2021 Syllabus very well in order to prepare for the exam very well and to perform topic wise preparation. This way candidates will be able to prepare for the exam accordingly and score high. The official conducting authority of CMAT, which is NTA does not release any official CMAT Syllabus. However, CMAT 2021 Syllabus will consist of the following:
- Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Language Comprehension
- General Awareness.
The following table shows various concepts that might be in the syllabus of CMAT:
|Language Skills||Language usage and their rules, Para jumble, Syntax and correct grammar, Vocabulary, Fill in blanks, Idioms, Reading comprehension, Anonyms, and Synonyms|
|Quantitative Skills||Data interpretation, problem-solving, data sufficiency, arithmetic, geometry, modern mathematics, algebra and number systems|
|Logical Reasoning||Family tree, arrangement, numeric grid, coding and series|
|General Awareness||Personalities, Books and Authors, History, Politics, Economics, Business, Sports, Social Developments, Entertainment, Current Affairs of National and International Economy, Personalities in News|
CMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
It is very important for the candidates to know the CMAT 2021 Exam Pattern in order to know the distribution and types of questions in the exam. This way candidates will be able to prepare for the exam accordingly. The exam will be conducted in two shifts. CMAT Exam 2021 will be in English only. Exam Pattern is given below:
- Mode: CMAT Exam will be conducted online, i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT).
- Paper Pattern: CMAT 2021 Exam Pattern is planned in such a way that it consists of 100 questions which are divided into 4 sections with 25 questions each.
- Negative Marks: There is a negative marking in the CMAT Exam. For each wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted and for every correct answer, 4 marks are allotted.
- Duration: 3 hours will be given for you to complete an examination.
- Syllabus: Language Comprehension, Quantitative Techniques, and Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness.
- Marks and Medium: Maximum marks in CMAT 2021 Exam are 400 and the exam will be conducted in English.
How to apply for CMAT 2021?
Application Process is one of the important aspects of the exam point of view. Candidates can check and verify the eligibility criteria prior to the process of filling up the application form. It is also very important for the candidates to go through the given information clearly and precisely prior to applying for the CMAT Exam. Steps highlighting process involved how to fill CMAT 2021 Application Form is notified below:
- Step 1: Candidates must enter the required details for the Registration/ Login page to access the application form.
- Step 2: Once you have logged in to your account, you can fill the details as required in application form.
- Step 3: After filling the application form for CMAT 2021, upload the scanned documents.
- Step 4: Before submitting the application form, you have to pay the registration fee through online (Credit Card, Debit Card/ Net Banking).
- Step 5: Candidates need to view CMAT Registration Summary and then must save the filled in form and then press "Submit".
Note: Candidates need to take a printout of the application form and payment receipt once the process has been completed. These can be useful for future reference.
Documents Required for the Application Process of CMAT 2021
Candidates should be aware that there are certain documents required for the Application Process of the CMAT 2021. It is mandatory that they bring the documents in order for the application to be valid. The documents required for the CMAT 2021 Application Process are categorized and explained below.
- Aadhar Card information
- ID proof
- Date of Birth
- Caste category certificate
- Class X certificate
- Class XII Certificate
- Other academic documents (optional)
Check more details about CMAT Application Process here
CMAT Application Form 2021
Registration for CMAT Exam has already started. It is important that the candidates verify and go through the instructions well and thoroughly before applying for the examination. Candidates should make sure they fill the CMAT 2021 Application Form well before the deadline. Specifications involved in the application form are as follows:
- Registration: For CMAT Registration candidates have to access the site as a new user.
- Essentials: Documents required for the application process are personal documents of address and identification, SSLC/ 10th Grade/ Equivalent Details, 12th/ Equivalent/ Diploma Course Details, Graduation Details, Other Professional Degree Details, Postgraduate Details.
Note: In online mode, payment of CMAT Registration Fee can be done through Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card or UPI or PayTM.
Candidates should be very cautious about the payment of application fee and it is also important to know the exact fee amount. Details regarding the fees for CMAT 2021 are as follows:
- Exam Fee: CMAT Exam Fees for general category male is INR 2000 and for females, it is INR 1000 For GEN-EWS and OBC-NCL category; the fee is INR 1000 irrespective of the gender.
- Payment mode: Fee can be paid through online mode through Net Banking, Credit card or Debit card, PayTM and UPI only. The GST will be applicable as per the norms of the bank.
- Non-refundable: The examination fee is non-refundable.
|General||INR 2000||INR 1000|
|Gen-EWS/OBC/SC/ ST/PWD||INR 1000||INR 1000|
For transgender students, the application fee of CMAT is INR 1000.
CMAT 2021 Admit Card
Admit card for the NTA CMAT 2021 Exam is a very important document as without it candidates will not be permitted to take an exam. It is mandatory that the candidates bring their admit cards with them on the date of examination. The various fields in the hall ticket are listed below:
- Issue date: CMAT 2021 Admit card will be released online on January 25, 2021 (Tentative) in the official website.
- Downloading of Admit Card: It should be downloaded from the official website using registration number and password.
- Details on Admit Card: It contains details such as the candidate's name, date of birth, exam date, the centre of examination, photograph.
- Proof: Admit card should be carried by candidates to the allotted exam centre. If they fail to bring the admit card then they will not be allowed to attend the examination.
- Discrepancy: Any discrepancy in the admit card should be reported to conducting the authority of the CMAT Exam as soon as possible. The candidates can report via mail.
- Documents Required: While carrying CMAT 2021 Admit Card candidate should have any of following as a proof - Driver License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter Id, or UID Card.
How to Download the CMAT 2021 Admit Card
- Visit the official website of NTA.
- Click on the CMAT tab in the website
- Click on the admit card section under the CMAT tab
- Fill in the credentials for login
- View the admit card and download it
- Print the admit card
CMAT 2021 Exam Centres
NTA (National Testing Agency), which is the exam conducting authority for the CMAT 2021 Exam decides the list of test centres for conducting the same.
The exam will be conducted in 75 cities across India. Candidates can choose any 3 preferred exam cities as CMAT 2021 Exam Centres while filling the application form. The seats will be allotted to you based on availability.
Candidates must carry CMAT 2021 Admit Card along with any government ID proof (Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card) for identity proof.
Here below the list of exam centres are provided. Bifurcation is provided based on the different states in India.
How to prepare for CMAT 2021?
CMAT 2021 Exam preparation tips can come in handy to qualify the exam. The MBA aspirants can check the top colleges accepting CMAT Sores for preparing with a goal. The tips help the candidates prepare a proper preparation schedule and crack the exam by getting good scores. Strategizing the preparation and planning prior to the CMAT Exam helps the candidates to work thoroughly towards getting high scores in the same. Some of the best techniques and tips for preparation are elaborated below for the candidates to make a note of.
Sometimes candidates might get bored to keep practising sample questions. You might even stop taking them seriously. But the easiest way to avoid these things is to convince yourself that the next day is an exam and you are still a long way from learning all of those questions. This sense of urgency will automatically convert your mindset to put in more concentration into practicing for the CMAT 2021.
Quantitative Techniques, Data Interpretation, and Logical Reasoning are topics in CMAT Exam. These three sections can fetch candidates a lot of marks, and candidates can purely improve these things if they will practice as much as they can. Intense practising will simultaneously make a candidate learn the aspect of time management.
A proper preparation schedule makes all the difference when preparing for any entrance examination, and the focus should be to create the best schedule that would suit you and benefit you. Applicants should make sure that the preparation schedule comprises the following parameters:
- Practising CMAT Previous Year Question Papers.
- Practising Mock Test Papers of CMAT 2021.
Candidates are advised to prepare for the CMAT 2021 Exam topic by topic. Topic-wise preparation helps the candidates to learn and understand the concepts with ease, and they will remember better during the exam. Another important aspect of preparing topic-wise is the fact that candidates will prioritize their learning based on the difficulty or importance of the topics.
Time management is an important quality that helps candidates in an exam to make sure that they can go through the whole test in a given time, without missing out on any of the questions. Also, candidates have to keep negative marking of the NTA CMAT Exam in mind. Hence it is very important for the candidates to practice individual questions and making sure that they efficiently complete the questions within the allotted time. Candidates can practice entire CMAT Sample Papers with a stopwatch beside them to keep track of the time. Only then will he/she be able to optimize time efficiently.
Tricks and Shortcuts
Candidates should not rely on various tips and shortcuts that other people teach. It might be difficult to recollect them in the CMAT Exam and would cost the candidates a couple of questions. So instead they should come up with their version of tips and tricks because they will not be forgetting those tips in an exam.
Attend the Known Questions
It is very important to know that the time allotted for the CMAT 2021 Exam will not be compromised, hence they should complete the exam within that duration. Candidates should attend the familiar questions first, prior to attempting the doubtful or unfamiliar ones. This will help them to confirm or safeguard their scores, and the time consumption for the same would be very less. The remaining time can be used for the leftover questions.
Candidates should practise many mock tests in order to prepare very well for the CMAT Exam. This way they will not only have an insight into how the actual exam is conducted, but also they will understand the questions and sections, and their distribution in the question paper. The number of mock tests they practice, the better are the chances of scoring very high in the exam.
Note: Here is an additional resource which helps you on how to prepare for CMAT 2021.
CMAT 2021 Result
CMAT Result details will be published on March 10, 2021 and candidates must take a print of the scorecard before attempting the counselling process.
The candidates who will attempt the CMAT 2021 Exam are expected to visit the official website, in order to access the scorecard. NTA official website link will be updated here after results are declared. It is advised that they visit this page regularly for further updates about the results.
Candidates should know that the CMAT 2021 Result is entirely based on their performance. Most importantly, they should prepare very well prior to the exam and perform well during the same.
- Credential: CMAT 2021 Results can be checked by candidates by entering the application ID and password on the official portal.
- All India Rank: The results would be released in the form of a scorecard that holds marks obtained and All India Ranks (AIR).
- Validity: The scores of CMAT 2021 Exam will be valid for the current academic year only i.e. 2021.
Process of calculating percentile of a candidate is mentioned below:
Percentile in CMAT = ((N - Candidate's Rank)/N)*100
Here, N = Number of Candidates who have taken the exam.
How to Check the CMAT 2021 Result
- Visit the official website of CMAT
- Click on the Result tab
- Enter the login credentials in the redirected page
- Click submit
- View the result and make copies
CMAT 2021 Counselling
Based on the score/rank obtained by the candidate in the exam, the colleges will call a particular candidate for the selection process. If more than one candidate scores the same score, then the CMAT Exam follows a tie-breaking policy to rank them. It comprises GD and PI rounds. The counselling process of each college varies.
- Documents Required: Documents required for counselling are as follows - CMAT Admit Card or Call Letter, Degree Certificate, Marksheets, payment challan copy.
- Group Discussion: Some schools conduct a group discussion round for short listing candidates for the admission.
- Selection Procedure: Candidates are called for the counselling process only on the basis of the CMAT Score. Most colleges have a Group Discussion, and Personal Interview (PI) and/ or Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds to select students for a management programme like PGDM.
CMAT Paper Analysis
It is important for candidates to understand and analyze the paper before they start preparing for the same. This will put them in a better position to ace the examination. Candidates can refer to the detailed analysis done by the GMU experts.
CMAT 2019 Exam Paper Analysis
CMAT 2019 was conducted in two sessions from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm & 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. The question difficulty was of moderate level and candidates good at the selection and rejecting options did well in the exam.
CMAT Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation Analysis
Most of the questions present in this section were based on conventional areas. This section had moderate level difficulty. There were two data interpretation questions, three from speed, time and distance, and two from algebra.
Permutation and Combination topic contributed to four questions. Three to four questions from Geometry and the rest of the Quantitative Techniques section had questions from arithmetic. If you are willing to attempt 21-23 questions confidently, then you can expect a good rank in the exam.
CMAT Logical Reasoning Analysis
This section was having a difficulty range of easy to moderate. There were three questions from Verbal Reasoning, two from Analogy and one from Analytical Reasoning. The questions were also from topics such as coding/decoding, number sequences, blood relations. If you were able to attempt 20-22 questions confidently, then it was considered a good attempt.
CMAT Language Comprehension Analysis
There were a total of four passages in this section. Three of these were short passages with 3 questions each, which were about Endangered Languages (Greek and Latin), World Trade Organization, who decides the status of developing countries? And there was another long passage with the topic - Parenting and Culture related value system. They were all composed of factual questions with one inference question. These were relatively easy.
Overall this section had a difficulty level of moderate to difficult.
CMAT General Awareness
This section of General Awareness has around 8 questions from current affairs. If you have a habit of reading newspapers or have a good knowledge of what's going on in the world, you could have attempted around 6 questions with ease. Most questions were from Static GK and questions are from Awards, Science, Politics, etc. If you were able to attempt 18-20 questions confidently, then you could expect a good score from this section.
CMAT 2020 Exam Paper Analysis
The CMAT (Common Management Admission Test) 2021 was conducted on January 28, 2020 in a single session window between 9:30 AM and 12:30 PM. The conducting body for the examination is the NTA (National Testing Agency).
Candidates had to answer the paper, which consisted of four sections, namely Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness, in a time duration of 3 hours. Each section comprised of 25 questions derived from the CMAT Syllabus set for each of these sections by the NTA.
The CMAT 2020 was rated as a moderate level of difficulty with a tricky Quant section by the candidates who appeared this year. They also mentioned that the reasoning section was the easiest among the four, and the quant section was the hardest. General knowledge and language comprehension were of a moderate level of difficulty.
The highlights of the exam paper are given below:
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||Difficult|
The section-wise analysis for the CMAT 2021 exam is as follows.
CMAT Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation Analysis
- This section of the CMAT comprised 25 questions covering the basic quantitative aptitude syllabus.
- The difficulty of the section was between moderate and difficult, mostly leaning towards the difficult side.
- There were a higher number of questions from the arithmetic topics of the syllabus.
- Ratio, Proportion, Interest, Time, and Work had a few questions in this paper.
- Data Interpretation had one set of 4 questions instead of the usual pattern of having individual questions.
- As stated, this section was reported to be a little tricky.
CMAT Logical Reasoning Analysis
- The logical reasoning section in the CMAT 2021 was supposed to be the easiest of the lot.
- This section contained 7 verbal questions.
- There were 4 questions from the Blood Relations topic and they were in a set.
- Many other questions were individual and not in a set as compared to previous papers.
- Other topics covered in the questions in this paper were Coding-Decoding, Relations, Series, Visual Reasoning, Analogy, Directions, Symbol Based Logic, Number Grid, etc.
CMAT Language Comprehension Analysis
- The language comprehension section of the CMAT 2021 was of a moderate level of difficulty.
- There was one reading comprehension that was followed by 6 questions.
- The other questions were mostly based on verbal ability.
- These included questions from topics such as antonyms, the odd one out, grammar-based questions, jumbled paragraphs.
- Some questions were one-word substitution based.
CMAT General Awareness
- The general awareness section of this paper was reported to be of a moderate level of difficulty.
- This paper had a lot of questions that were based on static general knowledge.
- There were 11 questions on Indian Events, 9 questions about International Events, and 5 questions about Miscellaneous Events.
- The questions related to India comprised topics such as the Constitution of India, Recent Acts in the Parliament, and other related events.
CMAT Practice Centres
National Testing Agency (NTA) has established a network of Test Practice Centres (TPC) spread all over India to help students aspiring to appear in examinations to be conducted by NTA from 2019 onwards. Students should practice and train themselves before the examination for the “Computer-Based Test (CBT)” mode of examinations.
The experienced nodal officer and staff available at TPC will help and motivate students to clear their doubts and solve problems and to make them familiar with the CBT model of examinations.
Important Guidelines for CMAT Exam
Some Important Guidelines regarding CMAT Exam are mentioned below:
- Admit Card is mandatory: Candidate has to carry CMAT 2021 Admit Card to the examination.
- A photograph must be pasted on Admit card: Candidates whose hall ticket doesn't have a photograph pasted on it will not be permitted to appear for CMAT 2021.
- Report Early: Candidate has to report to the exam centre as per the reporting time mentioned on the admit card.
- Should not be late: Candidates are not allowed to enter the examination hall after the commencement of the exam.
- Take an attested copy of the 10th mark sheet: Candidate is advised to take an attested copy of the 10th Mark sheet or equivalent. The candidate's name on the respective document must match the name on the admit card.
- Scratch papers: Rough sheets are provided to all applicants at CMAT 2021 Examination Hall. Rough work cannot be done on any other paper sheet, as nothing will be allowed inside a testing room. Candidates will have to hand back all scratch papers to an administrator on completion of the exam.
- Personal belongings shouldn't be carried: Candidate is not allowed to carry any belongings to CMAT 2021 Exam Centre including but not limited to wrist-watch, cell phones, calculators, etc., If in case candidates bring any belongings it will be placed outside the exam hall and the conducting authority will not be responsible for the safety of those items.
- Candidates cannot leave early: If the candidate completes the exam before the scheduled end time, he/she will not be allowed to leave the exam hall. A candidate is allowed to leave an exam only after a scheduled time duration, which is three hours.
CMAT Contact Details
Candidates are advised to contact the CMAT organizing authority through the contact details given below in the form of a table. Candidates can make a note of the same.
|Official Address||National Testing Agency (NTA) C-20 1A/8, Sector 62, IITK Outreach Centre, Noida - 201309|
|E-mail Id||[email protected]|