The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) annually, for candidates who wish to pursue Management courses under different disciplines. CMAT 2022 scores will be acceptable at nearly 1000 B-schools across the country. The candidates will have to answer a total of 100 questions based on Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, English Language, and General Knowledge. The duration of the exam will be 3 hours. The application process is likely to begin in October 2021, on the CMAT website. Some of the highly prestigious educational institutions that accept CMAT scores are SIMSREE, JBIMS, K.J. Somaiya, and Welingkar, Mumbai. All the particulars which the aspirants must know about this examination have been discussed on this page.
- Sep 27, 2021: CMAT 2022 is expected to be conducted in the 4th week of Jan 2022. The confirmed dates will soon be announced by the NTA.
- What is CMAT Exam?
- CMAT 2022 Exam Date
- CMAT 2022 Eligibility
- CMAT 2022 Application Form
- CMAT 2022 Admit Card
- CMAT 2022 Exam Centres
- CMAT 2022 Exam Pattern
- CMAT 2022 Syllabus
- CMAT 2022 Result
- CMAT 2022 Counselling
- CMAT 2022 Exam Day Guidelines
- Contact Details
What is CMAT Exam?
The CMAT full form is Common Management Admission Test. It is a national-level examination conducted annually for admission into MBA, PGDM, Executive PGDM, and PGCM courses. This national-level exam facilitates institutes around India to select suitable students for admission in all management programs approved by NTA.
CMAT NTA 2022 will be a three-hour computer-based online test conducted in a single session to evaluate the candidate's ability across various segments like Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness. This test facilitates Institutions to select suitable graduate candidates for admission to all Management programs. The score is accepted by all AICTE CMAT approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
|Full Form||Common Management Admission Test|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Mode||Online, i.e., Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) was responsible for conducting CMAT until 2018, but afterward, National Testing Agency (NTA) took over. The exam will be conducted as per the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) guidance, Government of India. Common Management Admission Test is conducted through Online mode, and it is a Computer-Based Test (CBT). CMAT 2022 will use highly secured IT software and encryption to ensure the delivery of tests are just on time. This will also ensure that the applicants don't indulge in any sort of malpractice.
CMAT 2022 Exam Date
It is important for all the aspirants to be aware of all the CMAT important dates for the year 2022 to apply, complete all the important formalities on time, and give the exam. In the given table, candidates can find all the important dates associated with CMAT 2022:
|Application Form Start Date||December 2022|
|Application Form Last Date||December 2022|
|Last date to pay the fees||To be announced|
|Admit Card Availability||January 2022|
|CMAT date||January or February 2022|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||To be announced|
|Results Announcement||February 2022|
|Commencement of Counselling||To be announced|
Read More: CMAT Exam Dates 2022
CMAT 2022 Eligibility
NTA specifies certain eligibility conditions that the applicants must meet to be selected for admissions through CMAT 2022.
- The candidate must be a graduate (10+2+3) from any recognized university, and applicants who are pursuing the final year of their studies can also apply for CMAT.
- General category candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks, and SC/ST category students must have secured 45% marks to fulfill eligibility criteria. The candidates need to check if the candidates have the required scores as prescribed to attempt the exam.
There is no age limit to appear in CMAT 2022. All age groups with required qualifications can apply for the examination.
For PGDM/ MBA
- The applicants should have a recognized Bachelor's degree (minimum 3 years) issued by a recognized university.
- The students in the final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for this exam.
The applicants must have a relevant Bachelor's degree issued by a recognized university. The candidate should have completed at least a 3-years long program.
For Executive PGDM
- The applicant should have completed a 3-years course and attained a Bachelor's degree for the same.
- Candidates looking to pursue a degree in executive MBA need to have a minimum of 2 years of work experience.
Candidates should regularly visit this page for further updates regarding the CMAT 2022 Eligibility and other associated events to not miss out on any vital information.
CMAT Reservation Policy
Each institute or college that is offering admission through CMAT will follow certain policies for reserved candidates. In case the institute is run by the central government, then the given reservation scheme will be followed. The reservation policy for privately run B-schools, however, may differ. The candidates are advised to check the official website of that particular institution for more information.
|General-Economically Weaker Section(GEN-EWS)||10%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Non Creamy layer (OBC-NCL)||27%|
Within each category under the CMAT, there is a reservation of 5% given to students belonging to the PWD (Person with disability) category. Categories of disabilities are:
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness
- Blindness and low vision
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses
Read More: CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
CMAT Application Form 2022
Registration for CMAT 2022 has ended. The candidates must verify and go through the instructions well and thoroughly before applying for the examination. Candidates should make sure they fill the CMAT 2022 Application Form well before the deadline. Specifications involved in the application form are as follows:
- Registration: For CMAT Registration, candidates have to access the site as a new user.
- Essentials: Documents required for the application process are personal documents of address and identification, SSLC/ 10th Grade/ Equivalent Details, 12th/Equivalent/ Diploma Course Details, Graduation Details, Other Professional Degree Details, Postgraduate Details.
Note: In online mode, payment of CMAT Registration Fee can be made through Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card or UPI.
How to apply for CMAT 2022?
The candidates should go through the detailed eligibility criteria before applying for CMAT. Once certain that they satisfy it, the candidates can apply for the exam on the official website.
- Step 1: Candidates must enter the required details for the Registration/ Login page to access the application form.
- Step 2: Once you have logged in to your account, you can fill in the details required in the application form.
- Step 3: After filling the application form for CMAT 2022, upload the scanned documents.
- Step 4: Before submitting the application form, you have to pay the registration fee online (Credit Card, Debit Card/ Net Banking).
- Step 5: Candidates need to view CMAT Registration Summary and then save the filled-in form and then press "Submit".
Note: Candidates need to take a printout of the application form and payment receipt once the process has been completed. These can be useful for future reference.
Documents required for the Application Process of CMAT 2022
The candidates will have to attach certain documents along with their applications. The list of all the documents required is given below:
- Aadhar Card information
- ID proof
- Date of Birth
- Caste category certificate
- Class X certificate
- Class XII Certificate
- Other academic documents (optional)
Candidates should be very cautious about the payment of the application fee, and it is also important to know the exact fee amount. Details regarding the fees for CMAT 2022 are as follows:
- Exam Fee: CMAT exam fees for general category males is INR 2000, and for females, it is INR 1000. For GEN-EWS and OBC-NCL category, the fee is INR 1000 irrespective of gender.
- Payment mode: Fee can be paid through online mode through Net Banking, Credit card or Debit card, PayTM and UPI only. The GST will be applicable as per the norms of the bank.
- Non-refundable: The examination fee is non-refundable.
|General||INR 2000||INR 1000|
|Gen-EWS/OBC/SC/ ST/PWD||INR 1000||INR 1000|
For transgender students, the application fee of CMAT is INR 1000.
Read More: CMAT Application Form 2022
CMAT 2022 Admit Card
The admit card for NTA CMAT 2022 will be uploaded on the official website. The candidates will have to download it, and carry a printout of it to the exam centre, on the date of the exam. Various important details such as the candidate's roll number, exam centre's address, etc., will be mentioned on the CMAT hall ticket 2022.
- CMAT 2022 admit card will be released online on the official website.
- It should be downloaded from the official website using the registration number and password.
- Details on CMAT 2022 admit card: It contains details such as the candidate's name, date of birth, exam date, the centre of examination, photograph.
- Admit cards should be carried by candidates to the allotted exam centre. If they fail to bring the admit card, they will not be allowed to attend the examination.
- Any discrepancy in the admit card should be reported to conducting the authority of the CMAT exam as soon as possible. The candidates can report via mail.
- Documents Required: The candidates will also have one of following documents as a proof - Driver License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, or UID Card.
How to download the CMAT 2022 Admit Card?
Candidates can download the CMAT 2022 hall tickets by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of NTA.
- Click on the CMAT tab on the homepage.
- Click on the admit card section under the CMAT tab.
- Fill in the credentials to login.
- View the admit card and download it.
- Print the admit card.
Read More: CMAT Admit Card 2022
CMAT 2022 Exam Centres
The exam will be conducted in 75 cities across India. Candidates can choose any 3 preferred exam cities as CMAT 2022 Exam Centres while filling the application form. The seats will be allotted to you based on availability. Candidates must carry CMAT 2022 Admit Card along with any government ID proof (Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card) to the venue.
Candidates can find the list of all the CMAT 2022 exam centres in the table below
Read More: CMAT Exam Centres 2022
CMAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The medium of the question paper will be English. After they are through with the syllabus, the candidates should also study the pattern of the question paper. It is important for them to know the marking scheme, the type of questions, and various other aspects related to the CMAT exam pattern 2022. Some of the particulars are discussed below:
- The exam will be held in online mode as a computer-based test.
- The question paper will have a total of 100 questions, divided equally into 4 sections.
- The candidates will gain 4 marks for every correctly answered question. They will also lose 1 mark for every incorrectly answered question.
- The candidates will be given 3 hours to solve the whole question paper.
- The question paper will be in the English language.
Read More: CMAT Exam Pattern 2022
CMAT Paper Analysis
As a preparation step, the candidates are also advised to go through the previous years' question paper analysis. It will help them understand the type of questions asked repeatedly and the important topics from each of the four sections. The candidates will be able to pay extra attention to those topics at the time of preparation.
CMAT 2021 Question Paper Analysis
The CMAT exam was conducted by the National Testing Agency on Mar 31, 2021. This year, the exam was held in two shifts. The first one was from 9:00 AM till 12:00/12:30 AM. The second shift was from 3:00 PM to 6:00/6:30 PM. This year, NTA introduced an optional section called Innovation and Entrepreneurship in CMAT. The candidates who chose to attempt this section were given 30 minutes extra to finish writing the exam.
The sectional distribution of marks and questions is tabulated below:
|Section||Total no. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||25||100|
|Language and Comprehension||25||100|
|Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Optional)||25||100|
CMAT 2021: Shift 1 Analysis
- The exam was termed moderately difficult by a majority of the students.
- Like 2020, the reasoning section was termed the simplest. The questions were based on Coding-Decoding, Series, Blood Relations, Syllogism, etc. The paper did not have any questions based on Visual Reasoning, and Selection, and Grouping.
- The candidates found questions based on Quantitative Ability and General Knowledge most difficult.
- Most of the candidates gave an unsatisfactory performance in the questions based on History.
- In Language and Comprehension, the candidates gave a mixed response. While some found it moderately difficult, a majority reported that the standard of difficulty was pretty high. The 14 Reading Comprehension-based questions section was found to be very lengthy.
CMAT 2021: Shift 2 Analysis
- The second shift was held between 3:00 PM and 6:00/6:30 PM.
- The question paper in the second shift was easier comparatively.
- The candidates found the Language and Comprehension session time-consuming but easy.
- The Logical Reasoning was also reported to be easy.
- While the Quantitative Aptitude section was highly difficult, the questions asked in Data Interpretation were moderately difficult.
- The General Knowledge section had a high standard. The questions were based on Static General Knowledge and History.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
This year, NTA introduced another optional section in the CMAT exam curriculum. The marking scheme and the number of questions asked matched with the other sections. There were 25 questions, where each carried 4 marks. Most of the students we reached out to did not opt for this section. Ambiguity around the type of questions may have been the probable cause.
The final headcount will be revealed by the conducting authorities in the official notification.
CMAT 2022 Syllabus
NTA, the body responsible for conducting CMAT, does not release the syllabus for CMAT officially. The candidates must analyze the previous years' question papers carefully, and understand which topics are important. After researching, they should start preparing for the exams. The question paper will have questions based on the 4 domains listed below:
- Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Language Comprehension
- General Awareness.
Some of the types of questions that have been asked in the exam repeatedly are tabulated below:
|Language Skills||Language usage and their rules, Para jumble, Syntax and correct grammar, Vocabulary, Fill in blanks, Idioms, Reading comprehension, Anonyms, and Synonyms.|
|Quantitative Skills||Data interpretation, Problem-Solving, Data Sufficiency, Arithmetic, Geometry, Modern Mathematics, Algebra, and Number Systems|
|Logical Reasoning||Family tree, Arrangement, Numeric Grid, Coding, and Series|
|General Awareness||Personalities, Books and Authors, History, Politics, Economics, Business, Sports, Social Developments, Entertainment, Current Affairs of National and International Economy, Personalities in News|
Read More: CMAT Syllabus 2022
How to prepare for CMAT 2022?
CMAT 2022 preparation tips can come in handy to qualify the exam. The MBA aspirants can check the top colleges accepting CMAT Sores for preparing with a goal. The tips help the candidates prepare a proper preparation schedule and crack the exam by getting good scores. Strategizing the preparation and planning prior to CMAT helps the candidates to work thoroughly towards getting high scores in the same. Some of the best techniques and tips for preparation are elaborated below for the candidates to make a note of.
Sometimes candidates might get bored to keep practising sample questions. You might even stop taking them seriously. But the easiest way to avoid these things is to convince yourself that the next day is an exam and you are still a long way from learning all of those questions. This sense of urgency will automatically convert your mindset to put in more concentration into practicing for the CMAT 2022.
Quantitative Techniques, Data Interpretation, and Logical Reasoning are topics in CMAT. These three sections can fetch candidates a lot of marks, and candidates can purely improve these things if they will practice as much as they can. Intense practising will simultaneously make a candidate learn the aspect of time management.
A proper preparation schedule makes all the difference when preparing for any entrance examination, and the focus should be to create the best schedule that would suit you and benefit you. Applicants should make sure that the preparation schedule comprises the following parameters:
- Practising CMAT Previous Year Question Papers.
- Practising Mock Test Papers of CMAT 2022.
Candidates are advised to prepare for the CMAT 2022 Exam topic by topic. Topic-wise preparation helps the candidates to learn and understand the concepts with ease, and they will remember better during the exam. Another important aspect of preparing topic-wise is the fact that candidates will prioritize their learning based on the difficulty or importance of the topics.
Time management is an important quality that helps candidates in an exam to make sure that they can go through the whole test in a given time, without missing out on any of the questions. Also, candidates have to keep negative marking of the NTA CMAT exam in mind. Hence it is very important for the candidates to practice individual questions and making sure that they efficiently complete the questions within the allotted time. Candidates can practice entire CMAT Sample Papers with a stopwatch beside them to keep track of the time. Only then will he/she be able to optimize time efficiently.
Tricks and Shortcuts
Candidates should not rely on various tips and shortcuts that other people teach. It might be difficult to recollect them in the CMAT and would cost the candidates a couple of questions. So instead they should come up with their version of tips and tricks because they will not be forgetting those tips in an exam.
Attend the Known Questions
It is very important to know that the time allotted for the CMAT 2022 Exam will not be compromised, hence they should complete the exam within that duration. Candidates should attend the familiar questions first, prior to attempting the doubtful or unfamiliar ones. This will help them to confirm or safeguard their scores, and the time consumption for the same would be very less. The remaining time can be used for the leftover questions.
Candidates should practise a good number of mock tests in order to prepare well for CMAT. This way they will not only have an insight into how the actual exam is conducted, but also they will understand the questions and sections, and their distribution in the question paper. The number of mock tests they practice, the better are the chances of scoring very high in the exam.
Read More: CMAT Mock Tests 2022
CMAT 2022 Result
Candidates are advised to go to the official website and download the softcopy of their scorecards. Along with that, they should also take a printout of the document for further references. The ones who are successful in attaining the cut off marks will be invited to participate in the CMAT counselling, which will be held at the participating institutes.
- The candidates will be required to enter the credentials given to them at the time of registration to access the scorecards. These credentials are their respective application IDs and passwords.
- The scorecard will also tell the candidate's All India Rank (AIR)
- The scorecard is only valid for one academic session.
How to check the CMAT 2022 Result?
To download the scorecard, candidates can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of CMAT.
- Click on the result tab placed on the homepage.
- Enter the login credentials on the redirected page.
- Click on the submit button provided at the bottom.
- View the result. and take a printout of the same for further reference.
How to calculate CMAT 2022 Percentile?
The candidates can apply the formula given below to derive their respective CMAT 2022 percentiles.
Percentile in CMAT = ((N - Candidate's Rank)/N)*100
Here, N = Total number of candidates who have taken the exam.
Read More: CMAT Result 2022
CMAT 2022 Counselling
Once the result for the exam is announced, the conducting authorities will release the cut off list. Those candidates who have secured the cut off marks will further be invited to participate in the counselling rounds. There will be 4 rounds of CMAT counselling 2022. Candidates are called for the counselling process only on the basis of the CMAT Score. Most colleges have a Group Discussion and Personal Interview (PI) and/or Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds to select students for a management programmes like MBA and PGDM. Some of the important information related to CMAT counselling is as follows:
CMAT Counselling 2022: Documents Required
- CMAT Admit Card 2022
- Call letter
- Degree certificate
- Relevant scorecards
- A copy of the payment challan
The candidates may also be required to carry some more documents at the time of counselling. For the complete list, the candidates should check the official website of that university, to which they seek admission.
Read More: CMAT Counselling 2022
CMAT Practice Centres
National Testing Agency (NTA) has established a network of Test Practice Centres (TPC) spread all over India to help students aspiring to appear in examinations to be conducted by NTA from 2019 onwards. Students should practice and train themselves before the examination for the “Computer-Based Test (CBT)” mode of examination.
The experienced nodal officer and staff available at TPC will help and motivate students to clear their doubts and solve problems and make them familiar with the CBT model of examinations.
CMAT 2021 Exam Day Guidelines
Certain instructions that the candidates will be expected to follow during the exam are given below:
- Carrying the admit card is mandatory: The candidate has to carry the CMAT 2022 Admit Card to the examination.
- A photograph must be pasted on admit card: Those candidates whose hall ticket doesn't have a photograph pasted on it will not be permitted to appear for CMAT 2022.
- Report early: The candidate has to report to the exam centre as per the reporting time mentioned on the admit card. Latecomers will not be entertained.
- Take an attested copy of the 10th mark sheet: Every candidate is advised to take an attested copy of the 10th mark sheet or equivalent to the exam venue. The candidate's name on the respective document must match the name on the admit card.
- Scratch papers: Rough sheets are provided to all applicants at CMAT 2022 examination hall. Rough work cannot be done on any other paper sheet, as nothing will be allowed inside a testing room. Candidates will have to hand back all scratch papers to an administrator on completion of the exam.
- Personal belongings should not be carried: The candidate is not allowed to carry any belongings to CMAT 2022 Exam Centre including but not limited to wrist-watch, cell phones, calculators, etc. If any such articles are brought, they will have to be left outside the exam hall, and the centre officials will not be responsible for any losses if they occur.
- Candidates cannot leave early: If the candidate completes the exam before the scheduled end time, he/she will not be allowed to leave the exam hall. A candidate is allowed to leave an exam only after a scheduled time duration, which is three hours.
In case of any doubts, the candidates can contact the responsible authorities on either of the below-mentioned platforms:
|Official Address||National Testing Agency (NTA) C-20 1A/8, Sector 62, IITK Outreach Centre, Noida - 201309|
|E-mail ID||[email protected]|
Is Calculator allowed in CMAT?
No. Candidates are not allowed to bring any materials such as wristwatch, calculator, cell phone, etc. A digital calculator will be made available in the test portal.
How many candidates appeared in CMAT 2020?
Out of 74486 registered candidates 63297 have appeared for CMAT 2020 Exam, that was conducted on January 28, 2020,
Is CMAT easy to crack?
CMAT and CAT are both management exams but CMAT is much easier than CAT. So if you have given CAT, cracking CMAT wouldn\'t be that difficult for you.
Is there any Negative Marking in CMAT?
There shall be negative marking for wrong answers and each wrong answer will cost you (-1) mark.
Does CMAT have Reservation?
CMAT does provide reservation for backward categories. However, candidates have to provide a caste certificate during the process of registration.
Is there any Age limit Criteria for Taking CMAT?
There are no age limit criteria mentioned by NTA. However, a candidate should be having a bachelor\'s degree in a field to apply for the exam.
Can I change preferred Test Centre after submitting a form?
No. candidate will not be able to change their preferred test centre/city after submitting form. So they should be extra careful while selecting a test centre.
What is reporting time for CMAT 2022?
A candidate is required to be present at exam centre an hour before commencement of exam for sake of security checks, identity verification, and check-in. Exam will start at 9:30 AM, so candidate should be present at exam hall at around 8:00 AM.
When will the CMAT 2021 be held?
The CMAT 2021 is scheduled to be held in the third week of January 2021.