Looking for an alternative to CAT Exam? Go for CMAT. Get admission into MBA and PGDM courses in over 1000 B-Schools across India with help of the CMAT 2020 Exam. Score 70-80% in CMAT. Want to know how? Follow the preparation tips given below.
*** NTA has extended the last date for CMAT 2020 Registration to December 10, 2019. ***
CMAT 2020 Application Form
Potential candidates can use the different CMAT books from various online portals to score well in the exam.
- What is NTA CMAT?
- CMAT Exam Date
- CMAT Eligibility
- CMAT Syllabus
- Preparation Tips
- CMAT Exam Pattern
- How to apply for CMAT 2020?
- Application Form
- CMAT Admit Card
- Exam Centres
- CMAT Result
- CMAT Reservation Policy
- Exam Analysis
- CMAT Practice Centres
- Important Guidelines
- CMAT 2020 FAQs
What is NTA CMAT?
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national level examination held for admission to MBA, PGDM, Executive PGDM, and PGCM courses. This National Level exam facilitates institutes around India to select suitable students for admission in all management programs approved by NTA.
CMAT 2020 will be a three-hour computer-based online test which is conducted in a single session to evaluate the candidate's ability across various segments like Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness. This test facilitates Institutions to select suitable graduate candidates for admission to all Management programs. CMAT score is accepted by all AICTE-approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) was conducting CMAT exam until 2018 but afterwards, National Testing Agency (NTA) started conducting CMAT. CMAT will be conducted as per the guidance of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. Common Management Admission Test is conducted through Online mode and it is a Computer-Based Test (CBT). CMAT examination will use highly secured IT software and encryption to ensure delivery of tests just in time. This will ensure no leakages and other malpractices.
CMAT is conducted once every year at the end of January. CMAT exam is conducted in two shifts. CMAT 2020 will grant admission to courses such as MBA, PGCM, PGDM and Executive PGDM in India.
All AICTE approved Institutions, Universities, Affiliated colleges will accept CMAT 2020 Score. Some of Leading Business Schools have decided to keep out of using CMAT score citing the reason for "Late Announcement". But still, several colleges are accepting CMAT Score.
Referring to sample papers will help candidates to know about CMAT 2020 exam pattern. Candidates can download or refer to sample papers from the official website. Results for CMAT 2020 will be declared on February 7, 2020.
|Exam Name||Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Participating Candidates||2 Lakh+|
|Maximum CMAT Score||400 for 100 Questions|
|Time Frame||3 Hours for 4 sections with 25 Questions each|
|Official Address||National Testing Agency (NTA) C-20 1A/8, Sector 62, IITK Outreach Centre, Noida - 201309|
|Contact Details||E-mail Id: email@example.com|
CMAT Exam Dates 2020
Candidates should make sure that they know all the CMAT 2020 exam dates so that they don't miss any of the important events. CMAT 2020 Dates are officially released on the official website.
CMAT 2020 Application Form has been available on official website i.e. National Testing Agency (NTA) from November 1, 2019 and the last date to submit Application Form is on November 30, 2019. Admit Card for CMAT 2020 will be issued by the authority online on December 24, 2019. The admit card date is tentative.
CMAT 2020 will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) on January 28, 2020. After completion of the examination, the results will be declared on February 7, 2020. Once candidates clear CMAT 2020, they will be called for the counselling process in February.
|Application Form Start Date||November 1, 2019|
|Application Form Last Date||November 30, 2019|
|Application Extended Date||10 December, 2020|
|Admit Card Availability||December 24, 2019 (Tentative)|
|Last date to Download Admit Card||19th January 2020 (Tentative)|
|CMAT Exam Date||January 28, 2020|
|Results Announcement||February 7, 2020|
|Commencement of Counselling||February 2020|
NTA has set some criteria for taking CMAT Test and candidates should check whether they clear CMAT eligibility criteria before starting with the application form.
For PGDM/ MBA
CMAT Eligibility for MBA is that Candidates should have a recognized Bachelor's Degree with a minimum duration of 3 years.
Bachelor's Degree related to programme with a minimum duration of 3 years.
For Executive PGDM
Candidate must have a recognized Bachelor's Degree with a minimum duration of 3 years. Candidates who are looking to pursue a degree in executive MBA needs to have a minimum of 2 years of Work Experience.
Qualification Criteria: Candidate must be a graduate (10+2+3) from any recognized university and applicants who are pursuing a final year of their studies can also apply for CMAT 2020. General category candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks and SC/ST category students must have secured 45% marks to fulfill eligibility criteria.
There is no age limit to appear in CMAT 2020.
CMAT 2020 Syllabus
The official conducting authority of CMAT, which is NTA does not release any official syllabus. However, CMAT 2020 Syllabus will consist of Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, and General Awareness.
Following table shows various concepts that might be in syllabus of CMAT:
|Language Skills||Language usage and their rules, Para jumble, Syntax and correct grammar, Vocabulary, Fill in blanks, Idioms, Reading comprehension, Anonyms, and Synonyms|
|Quantitative Skills||Data interpretation, problem-solving, data sufficiency, arithmetic, geometry, modern mathematics, algebra and number systems|
|Logical Reasoning||Family tree, arrangement, numeric grid, coding and series|
|General Awareness||Personalities, Books and Authors, History, Politics, Economics, Business, Sports, Social Developments, Entertainment, Current Affairs of National and International Economy, Personalities in News|
How to prepare for CMAT 2020?
CMAT 2020 Exam preparation tips can come in handy to qualify CMAT examination. The MBA aspirants can check the top colleges accepting CMAT score for preparing with a goal. They help you prepare a proper preparation schedule and crack CMAT exam by getting good scores.
Proper Practice: Sometimes candidates might get bored to keep practicing sample questions. You might even stop taking them seriously. But easiest way to avoid these things is to convince yourself that next day is an exam and you are still a long way from learning all of those questions. This sense of urgency will automatically convert your mindset to put in more concentration into practice.
Quantitative Techniques, Data Interpretation, and Logical Reasoning are topics in CMAT exam. These three sections can fetch candidates a lot of marks and candidates can purely improve these things if they are willing to practice as much as they can. Intense practicing will simultaneously make a candidate learn the aspect of time management.
A proper preparation schedule makes all the difference when preparing for any entrance examination and the focus should be to create the best schedule that would suit you and benefit you. Applicants should make sure that preparation schedule consists of following parameters:
- Practising Previous Year Question Papers.
- Practising Mock Test Papers of CMAT 2020.
Time management: Time management is an important quality that helps candidates in an exam to make sure that they can go through whole test in a given time, without missing out on any of questions. Also candidates have to keep negative marking of CMAT exam in mind.
Tricks and Shortcuts: Candidates should not rely on various tips and shortcuts that other people teach. You might not be able to recollect them in CMAT exam and would cost you a couple of questions. So instead you should come up with your version of tips and tricks because you will not be forgetting them in an exam when you have created them on your own and also using these tricks and shortcuts will help you to secure extra time, that could be used to solve tougher questions in exam.
Note: Here is an additional resource which helps you on how to prepare for CMAT 2020.
CMAT Exam Pattern
CMAT exam will be conducted on January 28, 2020 in two shifts. CMAT 2020 will be in English only. Exam Pattern of CMAT is given below:
- Mode: CMAT 2020 will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT).
- Paper Pattern: CMAT 2020 exam pattern is planned in such a way that it consists of 100 questions which are divided into 4 sections with 25 questions each.
- Negative Marks: There is a negative marking in CMAT exam. For each wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted and for every correct answer, 4 marks are allotted.
- Duration: 3 hours will be given for you to complete an examination.
- Syllabus: Language Comprehension, Quantitative Techniques, and Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness.
- Marks and Medium: Maximum marks in CMAT examination are 400 and the exam will be conducted in English.
How to apply for CMAT 2020?
Application Process is one of the important aspects from the exam point of view. Steps highlighting process involved how to fill CMAT Application Form is notified below:
- Step 1: Candidates must enter required details for Registration/ Login page to access the Application Form.
- Step 2: Once you have logged in to your account you can fill the details as required in Application Form.
- Step 3: After filling Application Form for CMAT 2020 you have to Upload Scanned Documents.
- Step 4: Before submitting Application Form you have to pay Registration Fee Payment through online (Credit Card, Debit Card/ Net Banking).
- Step 5: Candidates need to view CMAT Registration Summary and then must save the Filled in Form and then press "Submit".
Note: Candidates need to take a printout of Application Form and payment receipt once the Application Process has been completed. These can be useful for future reference.
Check more details about CMAT Application Process here
CMAT 2020 Application Form
Registration for CMAT has already started. Candidates should make sure that they fill CMAT 2020 application form well before the deadline. Specifications involved in Application Form are as follows:
- Registration: To register for CMAT 2020, candidates have to access the site as a new user.
- Essentials: Documents required for application process are personal documents of address and identification, SSLC/ 10th Grade/ Equivalent Details, 12th/ Equivalent/ Diploma Course Details, Graduation Details, Other Professional Degree Details, Postgraduate Details.
Note: In online mode,payment of CMAT registration fee can be done through Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card or UPI or PayTM.
Candidates should be very cautious about the payment of Application Fee and it is also important to know the exact fee amount. Details regarding Application Fee for CMAT 2020 are as follows:
- Exam Fee: CMAT 2020 Exam Fees for General category boys is INR 1600/- and for girls, it is INR 1000/-. For GEN-EWS and OBC-NCL category, the fee is INR 1000/- irrespective of the gender.
- Payment mode: Fee can be paid through online mode through Net Banking, Credit card or Debit card, PayTM and UPI only. The GST will be applicable as per the norms of the bank.
- Non-refundable: The examination fee is non-refundable.
|General/OBC||INR 1600/-||INR 1000/-||INR 700/-|
|SC/ ST/PWD||INR 800/-||INR 700/-|
|Gen-EWS/OBC (NCL)||INR 1000/-||
For transgender students, the application fee of CMAT is INR 700/-.
CMAT 2020 Admit Card
Admit card for CMAT exam is a very important document as without it candidates will not be permitted to take an exam. The various fields in the hall ticket are listed below:
- Issue date: CMAT 2020 admit card will be available online from December 24, 2019.
- Downloading of Admit Card: Admit card should be downloaded from official website using registration number and password.
- Details on Admit Card: It contains details such as candidate's name, date of birth, exam date, the centre of examination, photograph, etc.
- Proof: Admit card should be carried by candidates to the allotted exam centre. If they fail to bring admit card then they will not be allowed to attend the examination.
- Discrepancy: Any discrepancy in CMAT 2020 Admit Card should be reported to conducting authority of CMAT exam as soon as possible.
- Documents Required: While carrying CMAT admit card candidate should have any one of following as a proof - Driver License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter Id, or UID Card.
CMAT 2020 Exam Centres
NTA (National Testing Agency), which is the exam conducting authority for CMAT 2020 decides the list of test centres for conducting CMAT 2020.
The exam will be conducted in 77 cities across India. Candidates can choose any 3 preferred exam cities as CMAT exam centres while filling the Application Form. The seats will be allotted to you based on availability.
Candidates must carry CMAT 2020 Admit Card along with any government ID proof (Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card) for identity proof.
Here below the list of exam centres are provided. Bifurcation is provided based in the different states in India.
CMAT Result will be published on February 7, 2020 and candidates must take a print of the score card before attending the counselling process.
All aspirants who gave the exam are expected to visit the official website to access scorecard. NTA official website link will be updated here after results are declared. Do check this page regularly.
- Credential: CMAT 2020 results can be checked by candidates by entering Application ID and Password on the official portal.
- All India Rank: CMAT 2020 result would be released in the form of scorecard which holds marks obtained and All India Ranks (AIR).
- Validity: The scores of CMAT 2020 examination will be valid for current academic year only i.e. 2020.
Process of calculating percentile of a candidate is mentioned below:
Percentile in CMAT = ((N - Candidate's Rank)/N)*100
Here, N = Number of Candidates who have taken the exam.
Based on the score/rank obtained by the candidate in CMAT the colleges will call a particular candidate for the selection process. If more than one candidate scores the same score, CMAT follows tie-breaking ploicy to rank them. It generally comprises of GD and PI rounds. Counselling process of each college varies.
- Counselling Date: CMAT 2020 counselling will generally begin from February 25, 2020.
- Documents Required: Documents required for counselling are as follows - CMAT Admit Card or CMAT Call Letter, Degree Certificate, Marksheets, CMAT Payment Challan copy.
- Group Discussion: Some schools conduct a group discussion round to shortlist candidates for admission after.
- Selection Procedure: Remember candidates are called for the counselling process only on the basis of the Score. Most colleges have a Group Discussion, and Personal Interview (PI) and/ or Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds to select students for a management programme like PGDM.
CMAT Reservation Policy
Each institute of college that is offering admission will follow certain policies for reserved candidates. In case the institute is run by the central government then the following reservation scheme is followed.
|General-Economically Weaker Section(GEN-EWS)||10%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Non Creamy layer” (OBC-NCL)||27%|
Now within each category, there is a reservation of 5% given to students given to students belonging to the PWD (Person with disability) category. Categories of disabilities are as follows :
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness
- Blindness and low vision
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses
Exam Analysis of CMAT 2019
CMAT 2019 was conducted in two sessions from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm & 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. The question difficulty was of moderate level and candidates who were good at the selection and rejecting options did well in the exam.
CMAT Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation Analysis
Most of the questions present in this section were based on conventional areas. This section had moderate level difficulty. There were two data interpretation questions, three from speed, time and distance and two from algebra.
Permutation and Combination topic contributed to four questions. Three to four questions from Geometry and rest of Quantitative Techniques section had questions from arithmetic. If you are willing to attempt 21-23 questions confidently, then you can expect a good rank in the exam.
CMAT Logical Reasoning Analysis
This section was having a difficulty range of easy to moderate. There were three questions from Verbal Reasoning, two from Analogy and one from Analytical Reasoning. The questions were also from topics such as coding/decoding, number sequences, blood relations, etc. If you were able to attempt 20-22 questions confidently, then it was considered a good attempt.
CMAT Language Comprehension Analysis
There were a total of four passages in this section. Three of these were short passages with 3 questions each which were about Endangered Languages (Greek and Latin), World Trade Organization, who decides the status of developing countries? and there was another long passage with the topic - Parenting and Culture related value system. They were all composed of factual questions with one inference question. These were relatively easy.
Overall this section had a difficulty level of moderate to difficult.
CMAT General Awareness
This section of General Awareness has around 8 questions from current affairs. If you have a habit of reading newspapers or have a good knowledge of what's going on in the world you could have attempted around 6 questions with ease. Most questions were from Static GK and questions are from Awards, Science, Politics, etc. If you were able to attempt 18-20 questions confidently, then you could expect a good score from this section.
CMAT Practice Centres
National Testing Agency (NTA) has established a network of Test Practice Centres (TPC) spread all over India to help students aspiring to appear in examinations to be conducted by NTA from 2019 onwards. Students should practice and train themselves before examination for the “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode of examinations.
The experienced, qualified and professional Nodal officer and staff available at TPC will help and motivate students to clear their doubts and solve problems and to make them familiar with CBT model of examinations.
Important Guidelines for CMAT Exam
Some Important Guidelines regarding CMAT Exam are mentioned below:
- Admit Card is mandatory: Candidate has to carry CMAT 2020 admit card to examination.
- A photograph must be pasted on Admit card: Candidates whose Hall Ticket doesn't have a photograph pasted on it will not be permitted to appear for CMAT 2020.
- Report Early: Candidate has to report to exam centre as per reporting time mentioned on admit card.
- Should not be late: Candidates are not allowed to enter examination hall after commencement of exam.
- Take an attested copy of 10th mark sheet: Candidate is advised to take an attested copy of 10th Mark sheet or equivalent. Candidate's name on respective document must match the name on the admit card.
- Scratch papers: Rough sheets are provided to all applicants at CMAT 2020 examination hall. Rough work cannot be done on any other paper sheet, as nothing will be allowed inside a testing room. Candidates will have to hand back all scratch papers to an administrator on completion of exam.
- Personal belongings shouldn't be carried: Candidate is not allowed to carry any personal belongings to CMAT 2020 exam centre including but not limited to wrist-watch, cell phones, calculators, etc., If in case candidates bring any personal belongings it will be placed outside the exam hall and the conducting authority will not be responsible for the safety of those items.
- Candidates cannot leave early: If the candidate completes the exam before the scheduled end time, he/she will not be allowed to leave the exam hall. A candidate is allowed to leave an exam only after a scheduled time duration which is three hours.
Q. Is Calculator allowed in CMAT?
Ans. No. Candidates are not allowed to bring any materials such as wristwatch, calculator, cell phone, etc. A digital calculator will be made available in the test portal.
Q. How many candidates appeared in CMAT 2019?
Ans. For CMAT 2019 Exam that was conducted on January 28th, 2019, approximately 70,000 candidates have appeared.
Q. Is CMAT easy to crack?
Ans. CMAT and CAT are both management exams but CMAT is much easier than CAT. So if you have given CAT, cracking CMAT wouldn't be that difficult for you.
Q. Is there any Negative Marking in CMAT?
Ans. There shall be negative marking for wrong answers and each wrong answer will cost you (-1) mark.
Q. Does CMAT have Reservation?
Ans. CMAT does provide reservation for backward categories. However, candidates have to provide a caste certificate during the process of registration.
Q. Is there any Age limit Criteria for Taking CMAT?
Ans. There are no age limit criteria mentioned by NTA. However, a candidate should be having a bachelor's degree in a field to apply for the exam.
Q. Can I change preferred Test Centre after submitting a form?
Ans. No. candidate will not be able to change their preferred test centre/city after submitting form. So they should be extra careful while selecting a test centre.
Q. What is reporting time for CMAT 2020?
Ans. A candidate is required to be present at exam centre an hour before commencement of exam for sake of security checks, identity verification, and check-in. Exam will start at 9:30 AM, so candidate should be present at exam hall at around 8:00 AM.