The result for CMAT 2021 was announced by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on its official website - 'cmat.nta.nic.in' on April 9, 2021. Apart from issuing a scorecard to each candidate, NTA also published a merit list on the official website. To access the document, the candidates can log in using their application number and password. All the details related to the CMAT result can be found on this page.
CMAT Result 2022 Highlights
CMAT 2022 Results is declared online on the official website. Candidates who secure good marks in the exam are called for the counselling process. Specifications and highlights of the results, which the candidates should follow are given below:
- Log in: To access the scorecard, the candidates have to log in by entering the unique credentials given to them at the time of registration.
- Scores: CMAT Result 2022 provides detailed section-wise scores as well as the total score secured by the candidates.
- Rank: It will also have a section-based, total, and national percentile rank list.
- Validity: The CMAT Result 2022 will be valid only for one year. If the candidates do not take admission at any of the participating institutes this year, they will have to retake the exam next year.
- Counselling Process: The candidates will undergo five steps for the CMAT Counselling Process 2022, after qualifying the exam.
Highlights of the result section, which are important for the candidates to refer to, are given below in a tabulated form.
|Availability||cmat.nta.nic.in - the official website for CMAT 2022|
|Colleges Affiliated||400+ affiliated colleges will accept CMAT 2022 Score|
CMAT 2022 Result Dates
The dates of the other associated events, along with the result date are given below in the form of a table, for the reference of the candidates.
|Date of the exam||To be announced|
|CMAT 2022 Result announcement||To be announced|
|Date of release of Answer Key||To be announced|
|Counselling date||To be announced|
How to Check CMAT Result 2022?
Steps to check CMAT Result 2022 are:
- Step1: Candidates need to visit the official website of CMAT to check the results.
- Step 2: After logging into the official website, candidates need to click on the "Download Score Card" button, which is at the top right of the CMAT official website.
- Step 3: In the next window, the login page will appear, where you need to enter your Login ID and Password and click on the "Sign In " button.
- Step 4: After successfully signing in, a new page will appear where the result will be displayed. A snapshot of the result page is displayed below:
CMAT Merit List 2020
The NTA prepares a merit list based on the CMAT Result. The merit list will comprise the list of all students and their percentile scores, ranks, and their section-wise scores. Candidates can view the merit list for the previous year's exam, as given below, for reference.
CMAT Scorecard 2022 Details
CMAT Scorecard will be released online and is one of the most important documents associated with the results. The following are details present on the scorecards, for the reference of the candidates.
- Candidate's name
- Candidate's rank
- Applicant's sectional score
- Candidate's total score
- Aspirant's sectional percentile
- Total percentile of candidate
- Gender and category
- CMAT rank
- Contact details
CMAT Result 2022 Calculation
- The NTA CMAT Result 2022 will be based on the scores obtained by the candidates in the exam.
- The scores in the exam will be calculated on the basis of the weighting of each question on the question paper.
- Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks; and for each wrong answer, there will be a deduction of 1 mark.
- Unattended questions will not be validated.
- The total score after calculation will be the score obtained by that particular individual.
CMAT Tie-Breaking Criteria 2022
If two or more candidates obtain the same score, then ranking is done based on the sectional scores. The sections are:
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Language Comprehension
- General Awareness
How to calculate Percentile for CMAT 2022?
The percentile for the CMAT Exam is calculated on the basis of the individual rank, the total number of candidates appearing for that particular exam, and finally, the percentile obtained by that individual. The formula for calculating the percentile as per the CMAT Result 2022 is depicted below for the reference of the candidates.
Formula to calculate CMAT Percentile:
Percentile (P) = ((N- your rank)/N) x 100. (Where N = total number of candidates who appeared for the exam)
If in case there are many candidates (more than 1) securing the same rank, those candidates will be allotted the same ranks. However, their names and details will be displayed according to alphabetical order.
What after CMAT Result 2022?
Candidates will have to apply to the institutions and colleges that accept CMAT Result 2022 for admissions into MBA courses offered by those institutions. All the institutions organize the counselling process for the exam distinctively since there is no centralized coordination for the same. The individual institutions, where the candidates have applied, will contact the latter for further procedures. The institutions organize Group Discussions and Personal Interviews for the candidates to take part and shortlist them on that basis for admissions.
Group Discussions & Personal Interview Shortlisting in CMAT 2022
Candidates who have secured the minimum required CMAT Cut Off will be shortlisted first for the group discussions and personal interviews. The participating institutes will announce the dates when these two rounds will take place at their campus. Only the candidates who clear the two rounds will be selected for admission.
Group Discussion (GD): The candidates will be divided into groups of 8-10 people. Each group will then be given a topic to debate on. Each candidate will be given scores based on his/her performance in the discussion.
Personal Interview (PI): The candidates who are shortlisted in the GD will then get interviewed by a panel of professors. Candidates will be invited into the interview hall one at a time. Their communication skills, problem-solving skills, knowledge, and confidence will be tested in this round.
CMAT Toppers List
The toppers list will be prepared based on the scores of the candidates as per the CMAT 2022 Results. The toppers list for the previous year (2020) is given below for the reference of the candidates. They can check out the same.
|Name of the candidates||Marks secured||Percentile obtained||Rank allotted|
|Kalisetty Udaya Sandhya Lakshmi Devi||338||99.9936806||6|
|Sadhwani Nikhil Harish||327||99.9826216||13|
|Bhandwale Abhijeet Sunderrao||327||99.9826216||14|
CMAT Cut Off 2022
The cut off for the exam will be released only after it is conducted. The institutions participating in the CMAT Counselling Process, along with the minimum required cut off for the previous year (2020), are listed below in the form of a tabular column. Candidates can go through the same for reference. They can visit the CMAT Cut Off page for further details.
|Colleges Accepting CMAT Scores||Expected CMAT Cut Off|
|Goa Institute of Management||95-99|
|JBIMS Institute, Mumbai||99.9+|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Management||95-99|
|Great Lakes Institutes of Management||95-99|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management||85|
|Welingkar Institute of Management, Bangalore||80|
|Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai||85|
|The University of Pune, Department of Management Sciences||95-99|
|NL Dalmiya Institute of Management||85|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||85|
|ITM, Navi Mumbai||80|