West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) released the WBJEE 2021 syllabus for all candidates appearing in the entrance exam. The syllabus mainly consists of three subjects, physics, chemistry, and mathematics of the 10+2 curriculum. The WBJEE syllabus 2021 is given in detail below. All aspirants must thoroughly prepare for the WBJEE 2021 exam and gather all study materials and WBJEE exam patterns to prepare for the exam.
WBJEE 2021 Syllabus Highlights
The WBJEEB usually releases the syllabus for the WBJEE exam along with the official notification. The WBJEE 2021 Syllabus is made up of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. It is mostly based on the class XI and class XII textbooks. Candidates can study the WBJEE syllabus from these books and use other study material like practice books, study guides, mock tests, and previous year's question papers for additional preparation.
Students can also refer to the WBJEE preparation books mentioned in the article to make their preparation strong. We have also included some WBJEE preparation tips that students can refer to. The question paper of the WBJEE 2021 Exam will be framed on the syllabus and generally, nothing out of the syllabus is asked. Therefore, students should understand and study the WBJEE 2021 Syllabus thoroughly in order to do well in the exam. Candidates can find out detailed topic-wise WBJEE 2021 Syllabus and WBJEE exam pattern below.
WBJEE 2021 Syllabus for Mathematics
You can find the WBJEE Maths Syllabus will help you prepare for the exam, candidates must prepare for all these topics to do well in the exam. As the WBJEE exam follows the syllabus strictly, it will quite handy to have a better understanding of the questions that might be asked in the exam. The main topics of mathematics in the WBJEE 2021 Syllabus are given below.
- Coordinate geometry of two dimensions
- Coordinate geometry of three dimensions
WBJEE 2021 Syllabus for Physics
- Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions
- Laws of motion
- The motion of the centre of mass, connected systems, Friction
- Bulk properties of matter
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Optics II (Wave Optics)
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid-state Electronics
- Particle nature of light & wave-particle dualism
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current
- Electromagnetic induction & alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Optics I(Ray optics)
WBJEE 2021 Syllabus for Chemistry
Let us now have a look at the WBJEE Chemistry syllabus, candidates can follow these important topics which will be considered for preparing the WBJEE question paper. The main topics in the WBJEE Chemistry Syllabus are stated below.
- Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Solid, Liquid, Gaseous state
- Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Ionic and Redox Equilibria
- Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and their Compounds
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemistry in Industry
- Surface and Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Aromatic Compounds
- Application Oriented chemistry
- Principles of Qualitative Analysis
Click Here for WBJEE 2021 Syllabus PDF Download.
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2021
The WBJEE exam will be conducted in a pen and paper-based test comprising Multiple Choice Questions. There will be three categories based on the syllabus discussed above. Proper Knowledge of the WBJEE exam pattern will help the aspirants prepare for the exam better. Find further information on the exam pattern below.
- Question Type: Objective type questions
- Mode: Offline - Pen and Paper based
- Total Questions: Maths: 75 questions, Physics: 40 questions, Chemistry: 40 questions
- Duration: 2 hours for each paper
- Total Marks: 200 Marks
- Number of Papers: 2 papers
WBJEE Preparation Tips
The most crucial aspect of any exam is how you prepare for the exam. Having a framework or a set of guidelines during your exam preparation is of utmost importance. Some of the things that can help you prepare for the exam efficiently are as follows.
- Study Calendar: Prepare a study calendar of what to cover when.
- Time Management: Allocate time to each topic based on your weakness and strengths.
- Familiarity with the syllabus: Know the WBJEE syllabus properly.
- Previous year questions: Solve WBJEE previous year question paper.
- Revision: Revise each topics multiple times.
WBJEE Preparation Books
Some of the best books for WBJEE preparation are given below.
|Name of the Book||Author|
|WB JEE Engineering Entrance Exam 2021 Solved Papers (2018-2006)||Arihant|
|Chapter-wise Explorer WB JEE 2017 – Physics & Chemistry||MTG Learning Media|