JEE Advanced is conducted for admission to 4-year B.Tech program or 5-year Integrated B.Tech courses in various streams at various IITs across India. You can find more information on JEE Advanced Counselling below.
JEE Advanced Counselling 2021 Highlights
The JEE Advnced counselling process will start soon after the exams are conducted, the exam is postponed until further notice. Check out some of the key highlights of the counselling process below,
- Authority: Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is the main authority that organizes the centralized JEE Advanced 2021 counselling for admission into IITs, NITs, ISM & other Govt. Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs).
- Counselling Date: After the JEE Advanced 2021 results are announced, the JEE Advanced counselling process will begin. But the dates for it are yet to get released.
- Mode: The JEE Advanced 2021 counselling will be conducted online.
- Eligible Candidates: The candidates who make it to the JEE Advanced 2021 Merit List are eligible to participate in JEE Advanced Counselling 2021.
- Schedule: JEE Advanced 2021 counselling schedule will be based on the candidate's rank list.
Check out the detailed schedule of JEE Advanced Counseling 2021.
|Conducting Body||Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA)|
|Mode||Online (Computer Based Verification)|
|Minimum Eligibility (Revised)||IITs have dropped the requirement of 75% aggregate marks in class XII. This year the admissions will be based on the performance of the candidate in JEE Advanced.|
|Procedure||Registration, Choice Filling, Choice Locking, Validation, Seat Allotment and Reporting to the Centers alloted|
|Participating Colleges||23 IITs (Indian Institute of Technology)|
|Total seats||For 4-year program- 9064 seats|
|For 5-year program- 1924 seats|
|Total Programs (Streams) Available||For 4-year Course- 166 streams|
|For 5-year Course- 79 streams|
- JoSAA will be carrying out the JEE Advanced counselling process for the selection of eligible candidates into IITs and other participating institutions.
- There are 23 IITs that offer a total of 11,279 seats to aspiring candidates across various courses and branches.
- Candidates will be allotted the college and the branch as per their choices but with respect to their All India Rank (AIR).
- The counselling process will start after the announcement of the JEE Advanced 2021 Result.
- The JEE Advanced Counseling 2021 is a centrally managed computerized process.
- Candidates will be directly reporting to the college allotted to complete the admission process.
- There are 18 reporting centres for IITs and 45 centres for NITs, IIITs, and GFITs.
- Candidates can withdraw their seats in any round of the JEE Advanced counselling process other than the final round.
- The seat withdrawal option was introduced in order to decrease the number of unfilled seats in IITs, NITs, IIITs, and GFITs.
Eligibility for JEE Advanced Counselling 2021
The candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria are eligible for JEE Advanced Counselling 2021
- Acceptable Rank: Candidates who secured the acceptable rank in JEE Advanced 2021 will be considered eligible for JEE Advanced 2021 counselling.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have scored at least 75% marks( aggregate) in their 12th or equivalent board exam are eligible for JEE Advanced 2021 Counselling. For SC, ST, and PwD category candidates, the aggregate marks required is 65%.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates who are within the top 20 category-wise percentile of successful candidates in class 12th or equivalent board exam for admission in IITs.
How To Apply For JEE Advanced Counselling 2021
JEE Advanced counselling 2021 procedure involves the following:
- Online Registration: The candidates must enter JEE Advanced Roll Number, Registration Number, Date of Birth - (as per JEE Advanced 2021 admit card), and Password to register themselves for JEE Advanced Counselling 2021.
JEE Advanced Choice Filling: The candidates must fill the choice of branch, course & institute using the Registration ID to log in to the online portal. They can choose as many courses as they want, change the order and add new courses to their list until they have made their choices.
Seat Allotment: Seat allocation is completed in 6 rounds. The candidates must check their JEE Advanced 2021 Seat Allotment at the end of every round. Once the seat is allocated, proceed with Online Payment to book the provisional seat allocation.
Reporting and Document Verification: The documents in original, along with one copy attested, must be submitted on the date of reporting for the document verification.
- Category: JEE Advanced Counselling 2021 Seat Allotment is categorized based on:
Date of Birth
Percentage of Disability
JEE Advanced 2021 Seat Acceptance Fee
The JEE Advanced 2021 seat acceptance fee details for general category and reserved category are as follows:
|Reserved Category||Rs. 20,000|
|General Category||Rs. 45,000|
Documents Required For JEE Advanced Counselling 2021
The following documents will be required during the JEE Advanced counselling process.
Allotment letter: The candidates must take a print out of the course allotment letter, which will be required for verification.
Admit Card: The candidates must have JEE Advanced 2021 Admit Card with them at the time of counselling.
Fitness Certificate: The candidate must have a Medical Certificate from a registered doctor in the format prescribed which states that they are fit enough to pursue the course they aspire.
Application Form: Candidate must possess a print out of the JEE Advanced 2021 Application Form.
Marksheet: The candidates must have the original as well as a photocopy of class 10th & 12th mark sheet.
Birth Certificate: The candidates must show the Birth Certificate for date of birth verification.
OBC-NCL Certificate: If the candidates belong to the OBC-NCL category, then they must have an OBC-NCL certificate.
SC/ST Certificate: If the candidates belong to ST/SC category then they must have ST/SC certificate.
Disability Certificate: In case of any disability candidates must produce Disability certificate.
Identity Proof: The candidates must have an attested copy of Passport or any other equivalent proof of identity.
Demand Draft: DD of INR 60,000/-
Demand Draft For SC/ST: DD is to be made of INR 20,000
- Educational Scholarship form: Candidates seeking for Educational Scholarship should download the form and update it accordingly.
Institutes Participating in JEE Advanced 2021 Counselling
The participating institutes in the JEE Advanced counselling process have been tabulated below.
|Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University)||Varanasi||IIT (BHU)|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bhilai||Bhilai||IIT Bhilai|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar||Bhubaneswar||IIT BBS|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay||Mumbai||IITB|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi||New Delhi||IITD|
|Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines)||Dhanbad||IIT (ISM)|
|Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad||Dharwad||IIT Dharwad|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar||Gandhinagar||IITGN|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Goa||Goa||IITGoa|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati||Guwahati||IITG|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad||Hyderabad||IITH|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Indore||Indore||IIT I|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Jammu||Jammu||IIT Jammu|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur||Jodhpur||IITJ|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur||Kanpur||IITK|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur||Kharagpur||IITK|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai||Chennai||IITM|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi||Mandi||IITMandi|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Palakkad||Palakkad||IITPKD|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Patna||Patna||IITP|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee||Roorkee||IITR|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar||Ropar||IITRPR|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Tirupati||Tirupati||IITTP|
Other Institutes Participating in JEE Advanced 2021 Counselling
Additional participating institutes are as follows.
|Institutes that use JEE (Advanced) ranks for admission|
|Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE), Visakhapatnam|
|Indian Institute of Science (IIS), Bangalore|
|Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal|
|Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali|
|Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata|
|Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune|
|Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram|
|Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram|
|Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli
JEE Advanced Rank List
Authorities release the JEE Advanced 2021 rank list on the official website after the results are declared. Candidates can view the JEE Advanced rank list on the official website by logging in; JEE Advanced counselling will start once the rank list is released. Only the qualifying candidates will be on the JEE Advanced rank list; check out the steps on how to check the rank list below.
- Go to the official website of JEE Advanced
- Click on the Rank List' from the latest news section
- Now enter the Application number and DOB and submit
- Rank list will be available to view and download on the screen
- The JEE Advanced rank list can be downloaded in PDF format.