Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Mandi is one of the eight 2nd generations IIT's started by the Government of India. It was established in the year 2009. It is approved by the Ministry of Human Resource Development [MHRD]. The institute has interactive learning with highly flexible academic structure, quality research, and strong industry collaboration.
The institute is an autonomous premier engineering and technology university and one of the top-ranked colleges in India. It offers quality education in undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate courses in the field of Engineering and Science.
It also has various schools and research centers in campus namely, Advanced Material Research Center [AMRC], BioX Centre, Design and Innovation Centre [DIC], IIT Mandi Catalyst.
The Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Mandi infrastructure has 538 acres with eco-friendly and sustainable infrastructure campus. It provides state of art facilities like Central library, laboratories, research centers, workshops, medical facility, sports facility, hostel, and accommodation facility and more.
The institute has a dedicated and well-established placement office which provides training, internship, and placements for the students. The institute apart from quality education also encourages students in various cultural, social, extracurricular and sports activities.
Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Mandi Quick Links:
Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Mandi Highlights:
Year of Establishment
Type of University
Ministry of Human Resource Development [MHRD]
IIT Mandi, Kamand Campus, VPO Kamand, District Mandi, Himachal Pradesh - 175005, India
Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctorate
Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Mandi Fees Structure
Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Mandi Infrastructure Facilities:
- IIT Mandi has a central library which houses over 13,200 books and 3500 e-journals.
- The library has a good collection of AV materials, such as CDs and DVDs.
- The institute's library operations are fully automated by KOHA LMS.
- IIT Mandi has state of art lab facilities for all the department.
- Labs for Computer Sciences, Electrical and electronics, Thermo-fluids, Mechanical Design, Physics, and Chemistry have been developed according to the requirements of the curriculums.
- All the labs of the institute are equipped with modern and high-tech instruments, which are useful for both research purposes and teaching for the students and scholars.
- The institute has a well-equipped central workshop with rapid prototyping machine, CNC lathe, CNC milling, conventional machining, foundry, and welding equipment which caters to the requirements of undergraduate labs and students for projects and various research activities.
Advanced Materials Research Centre [AMRC]:
- The institute has a fully functional lab and is equipped with a range of basic to advanced instruments.
- It has been established to serve research activities in the field of advanced materials.
- It even provides internships for institutes' B.Tech students who can apply for a project at AMRC.
National Knowledge Network [NKN]:
- The institute has the National Knowledge Network [NKN] which is an electronic classroom.
- It can be digitally connected to all national universities, research establishments, and colleges to create country-wide virtual classrooms.
- The institute has a state of art High-Performance computational facility with high-end configuration.
- The institute has four sophisticated interactive virtual classrooms.
Campus Canteen and Dining:
- The IIT Mandi has two central mess in South Campus and 1 central mess in North Campus which serves hot meals throughout the year.
- It also has a cafeteria and juice bar which are also available for dining on the main campus.
- The institute has separate girls and boys hostels.
- Faculty and staff quarters accommodate 90% of faculty and few staff members.
- It also provides studio apartments and guest houses for visitors.
- The campus is a fully residential complex for faculty, students, staff and visitors.
Day Care for Children:
- The institute provides a daycare facility with a play area for the children of faculty, staff, and students.
- The institute provides a sports facility like outdoor and indoor sports for the students.
- It has a sports ground, Basketball, Badminton, and Volleyball court.
- It also organizes activities like Trekking and Hiking under the guidance of experts.
- IIT Mandi has a medical unit which consists of male and female doctors, staff nurses and pharmacist for all the students, faculty, and staff.
- It provides ambulance facility round-the-clock in case of emergency.
Banks and ATM:
- IIT Mandi has two banks - State Bank of India and Punjab National Bank with their ATM facilities in the main campus.
- It has a provision and a stationary store in the South Campus and a provision store in North Campus.
- BookNook - the recreational library at IIT Mandi
- Yoga classes
Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Mandi Courses and Departments:
Undergraduate Courses [B.Tech]:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Postgraduate Courses [M.Tech/ M.Sc]:
- Master of Technology
- Communication & Signal Processing
- Power Electronics & Drives
- Very Large Scale Integration [VLSI]
- Master of Science:
- Applied Mathematics [M.Sc]
- Chemistry [M.Sc]
Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Mandi Schools:
- School of Computing and Electrical Engineering [SCEE]
- School of Engineering [SE]
- School of Basic Sciences [SBS]
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences [SHSS]
Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Mandi Research Centres:
- Advanced Material Research Center [AMRC]
- BioX Centre
- Design and Innovation Centre [DIC]
- IIT Mandi Catalyst
Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Mandi Placements:
- The IIT Mandi Placements for the students are provided by The Placement Office [IIT Mandi Nodal point for placements] and by the Placement Cell [IIT Mandi student representatives].
- The placement office provides internships and placements for the students.
- The institute's placement wing organizes the workshop, technical seminars, conference for the students.
- Many top companies visit for IIT Mandi recruitment process and offer a good salary package for the students.
- Some of the top recruiters are Google, Microsoft, IBM, TCS [R&D], Cisco, E-Bay, Defence Research and Development Organisation [DRDO], L&T, Accenture, Capgemini, BPCL, ISRO, Mahindra and Mahindra and more.
Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Mandi Scholarships:
- The IIT Mandi provides scholarships for the eligible students through various schemes by Institute, State and Central Government of India.
- The HTRA scholarship is provided for eligible M.S, M.Tech, and Ph.D. students/ scholars.
- The institute provides Merit Cum Mean Scholarship for General & OBC Category students.
- The institute scholarship for SC/ ST students.
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment provides Central Sector Scholarship for SC Students.