- January 20, 2021: The last date to apply for CMAT 2021 is extended to January 30, 2021.
- December 23, 2020: The application forms for CMAT 2021 are released. Interested candidates can apply for the same provided that they satisfy all the eligibility criteria.
The CMAT Application Form is one of the key aspects of the exam. It is important to note that the candidates should clear the eligibility criteria before filling up the form. Failing to do so will lead to the candidates being deemed ineligible for the exam. They should also read and go through the instructions and other information carefully before filling up the CMAT Form. Candidates are advised to go through the already filled application form thoroughly before submitting the same. This will reduce the need for correction and unnecessary confusion post submission.
The CMAT Application Form 2021 can be filled online (only) on the official website. Application Form should be filled end to end before the commencement of the CMAT Exam.
Candidates can check out the registration process to know how to register and fill up the CMAT 2021 application form. Candidates should carry out the registration process properly and should know all the fields that have to be filled, well. Here are some updates related to registration which will give a better understanding of the CMAT Application Form 2021.
CMAT Application Form 2021 Highlights
The CMAT 2021 application form is an important part of the exam, and the candidates should know the dates related to the release of the form and the last date for the submission of the same.
- CMAT 2021 Application Form availability started from December 23, 2020 and the last date for submission is January 30, 2021.
- A candidate can only apply for a maximum of 3 central universities participating under the exam. In case if the candidate wants to apply for more than three colleges, then he/she has to pay the application fee once and fill up another application form.
- The CMAT Form can be filled partially and also can be saved to finish filling it later, through the candidates' individual online account.
- Only after the application fee is paid fully will the application form of the aspiring candidates be accepted by the exam authorities.
- On the successful completion of fee payment and form submission, a candidate will get a confirmation email or SMS in the registered email ID and phone number.
How to Fill CMAT Application Form 2021?
The candidates are required to be aware of the details of the CMAT 2021 application form that the form can be found in the official website of the exam, and it should only be filled online. The online application form can be obtained by following the below-given steps.
- Candidates should visit the official website of the exam cmat.nta.nic.in
- They should click on the tab stating "Fill Online Application Form".
- They should then click on the New Registration Tab.
- It is very important to go through the instructions well before filling the application form.
- Once redirected to the CMAT 2021 Online Application Form, they should fill in the form with certain necessary details.
Web Browser Requirements: The preferred web browsers for the CMAT Application Form 2021.
CMAT Application Fee 2021
The CMAT Registration fees have been revised and the candidates should make a note of the same prior to filling up the application form. The fees are unique and they vary with respect to the category in which the candidates belong. They must pay the fees during the registration period, before the day of the exam. The category wise application fees, to be paid along with the CMAT 2021 application form, has been listed below in the form of a table for reference.
|General - EWS||
The exam fees are the same as the registration fees for the exam. Candidates have to pay the registration fees once the filling of CMAT 2021 application form is complete. NTA has proclaimed that application fee for the CMAT application form 2021 will not be increased for this year. Application fees for different categories are:-
|General||INR 2000||INR 1000|
|Gen-EWS/OBC (NCL)/SC/ ST/ PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000|
For transgender candidates, the application fee is INR 1000/-. The modes of payment option are Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/UPI/Paytm. The candidates need to go through the above-given payment details before the filling up the CMAT application form 2021. Along with the fees, candidates are also required to be aware of the important dates associated with the CMAT Application Form 2021.
Online Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee online through Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/UPI/Paytm.
Documents required for the CMAT Form 2021
Candidates need to keep ready a few documents and details before they proceed to fill up the CMAT 2021 application form, post successfully paying the exam fees. It is mandatory to upload the required documents at the time of form-filling. Highlights of important documents which are needed to be uploaded are as follows:
|Photo||140 cm x 160 cm||60 Kb||JPEG/JPG|
|Signature||60 cm x 90 cm||30 Kb||JPEG/JPG|
Candidates are advised to go through the above-given details clearly before uploading the necessary documents, along with the CMAT 2021 application form
Details to be filled in CMAT Application Form 2021
Candidates must enter information about different details asked in CMAT application form 2021. Details which are mandatorily required to be filled in the application form are given below for the reference of the candidates.
- Candidate's Name
- Father's Name
- Mother's Name
- Date of Birth
- Date of Birth
- Email Id
- Phone number
- Password recovery question
- Educational Qualification
- Exam Centres
Main educational documents or details required while filling the CMAT 2021 application form are as follows:
- Graduation Details
- Postgraduate Details.
- SSLC/ 10th Std/ Equivalent Details
- 12th/ Equivalent/ Diploma Course Details
- Other Professional Degree Details (if applicable)
Candidates should produce or submit the educational documents or details that are required for the CMAT application form 2021.
Work Experience: Candidates need not have any prior work experience for applying for the CMAT Exam. Work experience is not mandatory in order to be eligible for the exam.
Specification of the format of scanned copy for the filling up the CMAT application form 2021 is given below:
- Scanned copy of photographs on a white background. Photograph size must be 140 x 160 (≤60 Kb).
- Scanned copy of signature on a white background. Signature image size must be 60 x 90 (≤30 Kb).
Note: While filling the CMAT 2021 application form, candidates need to check the above details and should fill correctly to avoid mistakes.
Personal documents for address and identification
Candidates should attach and declare certain personal documents for the sake of identification and address verification. This is a very important part of the filling up of the CMAT 2021 application form. A scanned copy of Adhar Card, which can be used as Id proof, is given below:
Candidates should check and confirm that the information provided in their Aadhar is correct and relevant. Wrong information can lead to unwanted inconvenience concerning the CMAT Form.
CMAT 2021 Reserved category documents
Candidates belonging to the reserved category are intended to upload certain documents like PWD certificate, Caste Certificate etc. along with the CMAT Form. This is a mandatory procedure involved in filling up of the application form for the reserved category candidates, for the sake of identification and verification procedures in availing reservation. The certificates that need to be uploaded after the login procedures of the CMAT Form are elaborated and explained below. Candidates can go through the same for reference.
The candidates who have disabilities in any aspect must mandatorily produce or submit a PWD (Persons With Disabilities) Certificate to be verified and to be deemed eligible for availing the reservation. This certificate should be uploaded along with the CMAT Form 2021, before the last date for submission. A snapshot of PWD certificate for the reference of the candidates is given below:
It is important that the candidates go through the above form well and check prior and post filling up the same.
The candidates must mandatorily produce or submit their Caste Category Certificate to be verified and to be deemed eligible for availing the reservation, based on the category in which they belong. The certificate should be uploaded along with the CMAT Application Form 2021 before the last date of submission. A snapshot of the caste certificate is given below:
It is important that the candidates go through the above form well and check prior and post filling up the same.
CMAT Application Form 2021 Sample Documents
The eligible candidates who are opting for a scribe have to submit the undertaking form. It is also mandatory for all those candidates to opt for this option while filling the CMAT Form 2021. Essentially, there are 3 forms which the candidate has to present and make sure that they are filled properly and correctly. The details of the same are given below for reference.
Scribe undertaking certificate by the candidate
The Scribe undertaking certificate is the first essential certificate or form to be filled out by the candidates along with the CMAT Form, in order to declare and acknowledge that all the information that they have provided is valid. The detailed image depiction of the scribe undertaking certificate is given below for reference.
This form should be carefully checked and submitted along with the CMAT Form.
Physically disabled Scribe form
The physically disabled scribe form is yet another form that has to be filled out and submitted along with the CMAT 2021 Form. The detailed image, depicting the physically disabled scribe form, is given below for the reference of the candidates.
This scribe should be carefully filled and should be submitted along with the CMAT Form.
Candidate Identification Affidavit
The Candidate Identification Affidavit is a form for the candidates to be filled out describing their details, as to prove and verify their identification. The form should be submitted or attached along with the CMAT Form. The detailed depiction of the candidate identification affidavit is given below for the reference of the candidates.
Candidates should check well after filling this document and submit the same along with the CMAT Form.
Number of Applicants for the CMAT 2021 Exam
The Total Number of Applicants who have applied for the exam in the previous years of 2020 and 2019 are provided below in the form of a table. It is very useful to go through the data since it gives an insight into the total number of people that can be filling up the CMAT Form and be appearing for the exam (the expected numbers). The data for the number of applicants in the years 2020 and 2019, for the CMAT Exam, are as follows:
Total Number of Applicants for CMAT 2019 Exam
The Total Number of Applicants for the CMAT 2019 Exam are given below in the form of a table. The table consists of the total number of candidates who have applied for the exam in 2019, along with the total number of candidates who have appeared for the same.
|Category of the candidates||Total number of candidates who have applied||Total number of candidates who have appeared|
The total number of candidates who had applied for the exam in 2019 are 47504, and the total number of candidates who had appeared for the same is 40053. This can give an estimate on the number of candidates filling up the CMAT form.
Total Number of Applicants for CMAT 2020 Exam
The Total Number of Applicants for the CMAT 2020 Exam are given below in the form of a table. The table comprises the total number of candidates who have applied for the exam in 2020, along with the total number of candidates who have appeared for the same.
|Category of the candidates||Total number of candidates who applied|
The Total Number of Applicants who have applied for the exam in 2020 are 74486. This will give an idea about the competition and the estimated number of candidates who will apply (CMAT Form).
Who can Apply for the CMAT 2021 Exam?
The candidates clearing the eligibility criteria are those who can apply for the CMAT 2021 Exam. They have to ideally meet the minimum eligibility requirements to be deemed eligible for the exam, and only then will their CMAT Forms be considered valid. The following are certain requirements which the applicants or candidates need to fulfil.
- Candidates need to be graduated in any discipline. Those with standing backlogs will not be permitted.
- The current final years of graduation are eligible for filling and submitting the CMAT Form.
- Candidates who can apply for the exam need not be concerned about the age limit. There is no age limit set for filling up the CMAT Form.
- It is mandatory for the general category candidates to secure 50% marks in their graduation and for the other category candidates (SC, ST, PWD) 40% marks.
CMAT Application Form Correction Window 2021?
The CMAT 2021 application form can be edited. The editing process of the application form is called the Image Correction Window, and will be open for the candidates for correction of their images or in case if any other image discrepancy in the CMAT application form 2021.
Steps involved in CMAT Image Correction Window
The following steps are involved in Image Correction Window for the application form. Candidates can go through the same.
- Visit the official website of the CMAT 2021 Exam.
- Click on the Remove Image Discrepancy tab.
- Enter the application credentials on the page that depicts the CMAT Form.
- Click on the wrong image uploaded option.
- Remove and attach the correct image.
Candidates should check twice or thrice before exiting the Image Correction Window for any potential mistake in the CMAT 2021 Form.
CMAT Exam Centres 2021
The organizing body of the CMAT Exam 2021 has set up many Exam Centres throughout the country. Candidates can choose their desired exam centre based on their vicinity and comfort.
Candidates should know that the centre they have chosen will be allotted based on the availability of seats for the exam. If the centre is full, they will be allotted another test centre. It is also important to know that they should choose their exam centre carefully and check before selecting. Candidates can visit the CMAT Exam Centres for further updates and information about the exam centres.
How to Choose the CMAT Test Cities?
- Candidates will be able to make a selection of 4 test cities from the total given test cities options.
- They can select the test centres or the cities on the application form.
- Once selected, changes related to the test cities cannot be made. Candidates will be allotted their exam centres based on the availability of the same.
- The test centres' details will be mentioned on the admit cards.
CMAT 2021 Exam Day Instructions
The candidates should go through the CMAT Exam Day Instructions as given below for reference.
- Candidates should reach their exam centres at least 60 minutes before the commencement of the exam.
- All necessary documents should be carried with them. Candidates should check if all the details on their admit cards are the same as the details provided by them on the CMAT 2021 Application Form.
- Candidates should refrain from bringing any prohibited objects, such as electronics, papers, inside the exam hall.
- They should go through all the instructions before the day of the exam.