All India Management Association (AIMA) has announced the MAT 2020 syllabus for the applicants who are looking for a Postgraduate (MBA) program offered by the University through MAT 2020. All aspirants must go through the MAT syllabus 2020 to score and rank well in the examination.
MAT Syllabus 2020
The question paper of MAT Exam 2020 is based on the syllabus for the five subjects following a simple MAT Exam Pattern 2020. Take a look at some important topics from each section that are most commonly asked in the MAT Exam every year. The MAT syllabus is stated in the below table:
|Language Comprehension||Fill in the blanks, Reading Comprehension, English Proficiency, Para Jumble|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||Table, Graphs, Data Sufficiency, Venn Diagram, Charts (Column, Bar, Pie)|
|Mathematical Skills||Number System, Mixtures & Allegation, Profit & Loss, Sequence & Series, Interest, Ratio & Proportion, Trigonometry, Height & Distance, Algebra, Permutation & Combination|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||Passage Conclusion, Fact Inference Judgment, Statement Argument, Pie Chart, Blood Relations, Analogy|
|Indian & Global Environment Section||Current Affairs, World Records, Books and Authors, Top Officials of Big Companies|
MAT Syllabus 2020 in Detail
The detailed information on MAT 2020 syllabus is given below:
- Language Comprehension - This section comprises two sections i.e. Reading Comprehension and English Vocabulary & Grammar. It contains topics like Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Using the same word with a different meaning, Antonyms, Idioms, Contextual Usage, Analogies, One-word substitution, Fill in the blanks, Odd-One Out, Jumbled Paragraphs, Sentence Completion, Sentence Correction and Foreign language words used in English.
- Mathematical skills - This part consists of topics like Ratios and Proportions, Linear Inequations, Quadratic & Linear Equations, Profit and Loss, Geometry, Percentages, Averages, Time-Speed-Distance, Geometric Progression, Partnership (Accounts), Number System, Work and Time, HCF & LCM and Vectors.
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency - The questions of Data Interpretation are mostly based on different graphs such as Puzzles, Series, Table Charts, Data Sufficiency, Bar Graphs, Graphs, Line Charts, Column Graphs, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram, and many others.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning - This section contains the Mathematical Reasoning & Verbal Ability Question. Different topics like Critical Reasoning, Sequencing, Visual Reasoning, Coding, Decoding, Identifying Valid Interferences, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Statements & Assumptions, Matrix Arrangement, Identifying Reasons, Linear Arrangements, Family Tree, Effect & Cause, etc.
- Indian and Global Environment - In this section, questions will be asked on various topics like Current Affairs, Quotations from Important Personalities, Geography, History, Business, Major events in Corporate, Books and Authors, Science, Awards, Company Punch Lines, Top Officials of big companies, Sports, Entertainment, Politics, etc.