Conducting Authority of CUCET 2020 will release CUCET syllabus 2020 for different undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by participating in central universities. CUCET syllabus 2020 has been divided as per question paper codes for undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes.
Scroll down to download the CUCET Syllabus PDF
Undergraduate programmes have been divided into two question paper sets containing two parts. Postgraduate programmes have been divided into 46 question paper sets for different programmes. Candidates should check out CUCET 2020 Exam Pattern to have a good grasp of question structures what the exam will contain.
Candidates must go through all topics covered in CUCET 2020 Syllabus for their preparation. Each of course candidates opt for has a different syllabus for exam and candidates should be versed with an entire section of the syllabus.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Undergraduate Courses
For Undergraduate course paper, the candidate will get 4 sections in the paper. Section I (Physics) and Section II (Chemistry) are compulsory, whereas candidate can choose any one section to do from Section III (Mathematics) and Section IV (Biology). In case candidate attempts both Sections III and IV, best of three sections i.e. Section I, Section II, and either Section III or IV will be evaluated.
Click here and choose Program Level, University, and Program Name to download the CUCET Syllabus PDF
CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Physics Subject
Syllabus of Physics for CUCET has been mentioned below:
- Dimensional analysis and error estimation
- Dimensional compatibility and significant figures.
Motion in one dimension:
Average velocity, instantaneous velocity, one-dimensional motion with constant accelerations, freely falling bodies.
Laws of Motion:
Force and inertia, Newton's laws of motion, and their significance
Motion in two dimensions:
Projectile motion, uniform circular motion, tangential and radial acceleration in curve-linear motion, relative motion and relative acceleration.
Work, Power, and Energy:
Work was done by a constant and variable forces, kinetic and potential energy, power, Conservative and non-conservative forces, conservation of energy, gravitational energy, work-energy theorem, the potential energy stored in the spring.
Linear Momentum & collisions:
Linear momentum & impulse, conservation of linear momentum for the two-particle system, collisions, collision in one dimension, collision in two dimensions, rocket propulsion.
Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis:
Angular velocity and angular acceleration, rotational kinematics, rotational motion with constant angular acceleration relationship between angular and linear quantities, rotational energy, a moment of inertia for a ring, rod, spherical shell, sphere and plane lamina, torque and angular acceleration, work and energy in rotational motion, rolling motion of a solid sphere and cylinder
Gravitational Field, Kepler's laws and motion of planets, planetary and satellite motion, geostationary satellite.
Harmonic motion, oscillatory motion of the mass attached to a spring, kinetic & potential energy, period of a simple pendulum, comparing simple and harmonic motion with a uniform circular motion, forced oscillations, damped oscillations, and resonance.
Mechanics of solids and fluids:
- States of matter young's modulus
- bulk modulus
- the shear modulus of rigidity
- variations of pressure with depth
- Buoyant Forces and Archimedes principle, Pascal's law, Bernoulli's theorem and its application, surface energy, surface tension, the angle of contact, capillary rise, the coefficient of viscosity, viscous force
- terminal velocity, Stoke's law, streamline motion, Reynold's numbers.
Heat and Thermodynamics:
- First law of thermodynamics, specific heat of an ideal gas at constant volume and constant pressure, the relation between them
- Thermodynamics process (reversible, irreversible, isothermal, adiabatic), the second law of thermodynamics, concept of entropy and concept of absolute scale.
- Efficiency of a Carnot engine, thermal conductivity, Newton's law of cooling, black body radiation, Wien's displacement law, Stefan's law.
- Wave motion, phase, amplitude and velocity of the wave, Newton's formula for longitudinal waves, propagation of sound waves in air
- Effect of temperature and pressure on the velocity of sound, Laplace's correction
- Principle of superposition, the formation of standing waves, standing waves in strings and pipes, beats, Doppler's effect.
- Coulomb's law, electric field and potential due to a point charge, dipole and its field along axis and perpendicular to an axis, electric flux
- Gauss's theorem and its applications to find field due to an infinite sheet of charge, and inside the hollow conducting sphere
- capacitance, parallel plate capacitor with air and dielectric medium between Plates
- Series and parallel combination of capacitors, energy of a capacitor, displacement currents.
- Concept of free and bound electrons drift velocity and mobility, electric current, Ohm's law
- Resistivity, conductivity, temperature dependency of resistance, resistance in series and a parallel combination
- Kirchoff’s law and their application to a network of resistances, the principle of a potentiometer, effect of temperature on resistance and its application
Magnetic Effect of Current:
- Magnetic field due to current, Biot-Savart's law, magnetic field due to a solenoid
- The motion of charge in a magnetic field, the force on current-carrying conductors and torque on the current loop in a magnetic field.
- magnetic flux, forces between two parallel current-carrying conductors
- moving coil galvanometer and its conversion into ammeter and voltmeter
Magnetism in Matter:
- Magnetization of substance due to orbital and spin motions of electrons.
- Magnetic moment of atoms, diamagnetism, paramagnetism, ferromagnetism
- Earth's magnetic field and its components and their measurement
- Induced emf, Faraday's laws, Lenz's law, electromagnetic induction
- Self and mutual induction, B-H curve, hysteresis loss and its importance, eddy currents
Ray Optics and Optical Instruments:
- Sources of light, luminous intensity, luminous flux, illuminance, photometry, wave nature of light
- Huygen's theory for the propagation of light and rectilinear propagation of light, reflection of light, total internal reflection
- Reflection and refraction at spherical surfaces, the focal length of a combination of lenses, spherical and chromatic aberration and their removal
- Refraction and dispersion of light due to a prism, simple and compound microscope, reflecting and refracting telescope, magnifying power and resolving power
- Coherent and incoherent sources of light, interference
- young's double-slit experiment diffraction due to a single slit, linearly polarised light
- Photo-electric equation, matter waves, quantization, Planck's hypothesis, Bohr's model of hydrogen atom and its spectra
- Ionization potential, Rydberg constant, solar spectrum and Fraunhofer lines
- Fluorescence and phosphorescence, X-Rays and their productions, characteristic and continuous spectra
- Nuclear Instability, radioactive decay laws, Emission of α, β, γ rays, Mass - defect, Mass-Energy equivalence
- Nuclear Fission Nuclear Reactors, Nuclear Fusion. Classification of Conductors, Insulators, and semiconductors based on energy bands in solids
- PN junction, PN Diode, Junction Transistors, Transistor as an Amplifier and Oscillator. Principles of Logic Gates ( AND, OR and NOT ) Analog Vs Digital communication
- Difference between Radio and television, Signal propagation, Principle of LASER and MASER, Population Inversion, Spontaneous and Stimulated Emission.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Chemistry Subject
Syllabus of Chemistry for CUCET 2020 is given below:
- Atomic Structure: Bohr's concept. Quantum numbers, Electronic configuration, Molecular orbital theory for homonuclear molecules, Pauli's exclusion principle.
- Chemical Bonding: Electrovalency, co-valency, hybridization involving s,p and d orbitals hydrogen bonding.
- Redox Reactions: Oxidation number, oxidizing and reducing agents, balancing of equations
- Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics: Equilibrium constant (for a gaseous system only) Le Chaterlier's principle, ionic equilibrium, Ostwald's dilution law, hydrolysis, pH and buffer solution, solubility product, common ion effect, rate constant and first-order reaction.
- Acid-Base Concepts: Bronsted Lowry & Lewis.
- Electrochemistry: Electrode potential and electrochemical series
- Catalysis: Types and applications.
- Colloids: Types and preparation, Brownian movement, Tyndall effect, coagulation, and peptization
- Colligative Properties of Solution: Lowering of vapour pressure, Osmotic pressure, depression of freezing point, the elevation of boiling point, determination of molecular weight.
- Periodic Table: Classification of elements on the basis of electronic configuration, properties of s,p and d block elements, ionization potential, electronegativity & electron affinity.
- Preparation and Properties of the following: Hydrogen peroxide. copper sulphate, silver nitrate, plaster of Paris, borax, Mohr's salt, alums, white and red lead, microcosmic salt and bleaching powder, sodium thiosulphate.
- Thermochemistry: Exothermic & endothermic reactions Heat of reaction, Heat of combustion & formation, neutralization, Hess's law
- General Organic Chemistry: Shape of organic compounds, Inductive effect, mesomeric effect, electrophiles & nucleophiles,
- Reaction intermediates: carbonation, carbanions & free radical, Types of organic reactions, Cannizzaro Friedel Craft, Perkin, Aldol condensation.
- Isomerism: Structural, Geometrical & Optical IUPAC: Nomenclature of simple organic compounds
- Polymers: Addition & condensation polymers
- Carbohydrates: Monosaccharides
- Preparation and Properties of the Followings: Hydrocarbons, monohydric alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, monocarboxylic acids, primary amines, benzene, nitrobenzene, aniline, phenol, benzaldehyde, benzoic acid, Grignard Reagent.
- Solid State: Structure of simple ionic compounds, Crystal imperfections (point defects only), Born-Haber cycle
- Petroleum: Important industrial fractions, cracking, octane number, anti knocking compounds.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Mathematics Subjects
Syllabus of Mathematics for CUCET 2020 is highlighted below:
- Algebra: Sets relations & functions, De-Morgan's Law, Mapping Inverse relations, Equivalence relations, Peano's axioms, Definition of rationals and integers through equivalence relation, Indices and surds, Solutions of simultaneous and quadratic equations, A.P., G.P. and H.P., Special sums i.e. ∑n2 and ∑n3 (n∑N ), Partial fraction, Binomial theorem for any index, exponential series, Logarithm and Logarithmic series. Determinants and their use in solving simultaneous linear equations, Matrices, Algebra of matrices, Inverse of a matrix, Use of a matrix for solving equations.
- Probability: Definition, Dependent, and independent events, Numerical problem on addition and multiplication, Theorem of probability
- Trigonometry: Identities, Trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, Inverse function, Complex numbers and their properties, Cube roots of unity, De-Moivre's theorem.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: Pair of straight lines, Circles, General equation of second degree, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola, tracing of conic.
- Calculus: Limits & Continuity of functions, Differentiation of function, tangents & normal, Simple examples of Maxima & Minima, Indeterminate forms, Integration of function by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integral, application to volumes and surfaces of frustums of a sphere, cone, and cylinder. Differential equations of the first order and of a first degree.
- Vectors: Algebra of vectors, scalar and vector products of two and three vectors and their applications.
- Dynamics: Velocity,- composition of velocity, relative velocity, acceleration, composition of accelerations, Motion under gravity, Projectiles, Laws of motion, Principles of conservation of momentum and energy, a direct impact of smooth bodies.
- Statics: Composition of coplanar, concurrent and parallel forces moments and couples resultant of a set of coplanar forces and condition of equilibrium, determination of centroid in simple cases, Problems involving friction.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Biology
- Origin of Life: Oparin's theory, Miller's Experiment, Viruses - structure, properties, distribution, classification, and pathogenesis (Eg. Aids, Cancer), Viroids & Prions, Biotic balance.
- Organic Evolution: Relationship among organisms and Evidence of Organic Evolution - Principles of Evolution - Lamarckism, Darwinism, and Speciation.
- Mechanism of Organic Evolution: Variations - Definition, causes and types, Mutations (Principles of Hugo DeVries), Role of mutations in speciation. Evolution through ages and human evolution
- Human Genetics and Eugenics: Human hereditary traits, study of Twins, A.B.O. blood groups and their inheritance, Rh-factor, Sex determination. Chromosomal aberrations, Important human syndromes, Sex-linked characters and their inheritance, Applied Genetics - eugenics, euthenics, euphenics & I.Q. Test.
- Applied Biology: Wildlife of India - Endangered species: Biosphere Reserves, National Parks, and sanctuaries, Project Tiger, Conservation of wildlife, Bio-energy, Poultry, Fisheries (edible fishes), Human Population, Population explosion, problems & control. Test - Tube Babies, & Amniocentesis, Application of Biotechnology in human welfare. Human Aging
- Mammalian Anatomy (Eg. Rabbit): Reproductive system (excluding embryonic development) Osteology, structure, and organization of different systems.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Animal Physiology:
- Animal Nutrition: Food, Balanced Diet, Nutritional imbalances and deficiency diseases, Digestion, Absorption, Assimilation of food, (comparison between human and Rabbit).
- Animal Excretion and Osmoregulation: Chemical nature of excretory products in various animals, Physiology of excretion, Function of liver and kidney (Homeostatic regulatory functions of kidneys), Formation of urine, Osmoregulation by kidneys.
- Respiratory system: Exchange and transport of gases (O2 and Co2) factors affecting O2 and Co2 transport, Cellular respiration, different lung volumes, breathing and sound production.
- Nervous systems: Central, autonomic and peripheral nervous system, Receptors, Effectors, Reflex action. Nature and Conduction of Nerve- impulses, Synapse, Sense organs - Structure & working of Eye & Ear, Biochemistry of vision and taste buds.
- Endocrine System: Different endocrine glands and Hormones - definition, types, characteristics and their functions, (in relation to human beings), Hormonal disorders and pheromones.
- Circulatory System: Circulation of body fluids- Blood and lymph, Open and closed vascular systems, Structure and working Physiology of Heart, Comparison between arteries and veins, Lymphatic system.
- Animal Diversity: Classification of Animal Kingdom (Based on Star & Eisinger), the Characteristic feature of different phyla and classes with examples.
- Protozoa: Amoeba- Habit & Habitat, structure, locomotion, reproduction, Osmoregulation, Parasitic amoebae - Entamoeba histolytic and Entamoeba gingivitis, structure, diseases caused by them and their control measures; Plasmodium vivax-life-cycle, malaria therapy and control, Protozoan and diseases
- Porifera: A simple sponge ( Leucosolenia), Detailed study of structure & physiology, Sponge industry.
- Coelenterata: Hydra - Habit and Habitat, morphology, tissue differentiation in relation to physiological division of labour and regeneration.
- Aschelminthes: Ascaris- morphology, life-cycle, therapy, and control.
- Annelida: Pheretima Posthuma - Bionomics and economic importance.
- Arthropoda: (Periplaneta): Structure- external and internal.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Botany
- Plant Cell: Structure & Functions electron microscopic structured mitochondria, Plastids centrosomes. Lysosomes, microsomes, endoplasmic reticulum, Nucleus, Golgi bodies, D.N.A & R.N.A. Cytoplasm, membranes, and cell wall.
- Protoplasm: Structure, components physical and chemical properties. Cell division (formation) - free cell formation, Amitosis & Meiosis, Duplication of D.N.A.
- Ecology: Ecological factors (atmospheric, edaphic, climatic, geological & biotic factors), Structure and components of ecosystem eg. Water-soluble minerals and gases, producers consumers, decomposers, Pond and forest ecosystem. Atmospheric pollution-causes and control, Types of pollution - Detergents, Chemicals automobile exhaust, Radioactive matter, Smog, sound, Pesticides.
- Genetics: Mendelism, Mendel's experiment and law of inheritance. Modern Classification of the plant kingdom- (according to Ostwald & Hippo) (outline).
- Seeds in angiosperm plants: Description of development of angiosperms plants (life history of angiosperm plants).
- Fruits: Dispersal of fruits and seeds
- Cell differentiation Plant Tissue: Meristematic classification of meristematic & permanent tissue and functions and classification of tissue system.
- Anatomy of Root, stem, and leaf: Difference between Dicot and Monocot stem, Secondary growth of stem and root, Anatomy of hydrophytes, Xerophytes & Mesophytes.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Important phylum:
- Algae: Habitat, general characters & uses, description of liotrix & spirogyra.
- Bacteria: Structure - types of nutrition, reproduction, and economic importance.
- Fungi: Structure description of Rhizopus and yeast and their economic importance, Fermentation, Structure and economic importance of Bryophyta, Description of Fusaria (Moss)
- Pteridophyta: General structures of pteridophytes description of fern (Dryopteris), General study of Gymnosperms and life history of Cycas, Classification of Angiosperms, Description of families - identification and economic importance Cruciferae, Malvaceae, Leguminosae, composite, Cucurbitaceae.
- Soil: Absorption of water through root hairs Osmosis, Translocation, and Root pressure Nitrogen cycle, Special modes of nutrition in plants (Autotrophic, heterotrophic, Parasites, Saprophytes, Symbionts insectivorous and their ecological relations.
- Photosynthesis: Chloroplast, light, chlorophyll and Carbon dioxide, Mechanism of Photosynthesis formation of A.T.P. and their functions and importance of photosynthesis. Transpiration: factors and importance, Mechanism of opening and closing of stomata, Respiration: Aerobic, anaerobic respiration, Mechanism of Respiration (Glycolysis, Kreb's cycle, E.T.S.), Growth & movement: Definition of growth, Region of growth & their measurements, Types of movements in plants, Growth hormone.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 for B.Ed
Candidates should follow important sections related with B.Ed before commencement of exam. Sections of B.Ed are as follows:
Sec A: General awareness
Sec B: Teaching Aptitude
Sec C: Exercise of choice of group according to his/her eligibility qualifications is responsibility of candidate.
Note: Candidate appearing for B.Ed entrance test will have to choose only one group and will have no option to change his subject group if once allotted. Choosing a subject group not commensurating with eligibility will disqualify candidature at any stage. All questions will be based on undergraduate level of concerned subjects as per UGC.
Subjects offered for section C are highlighted below:
- Social Science (History, Geography, Political science, Economics)
- Language (English, Hindi, Sanskrit)
- Physical Science and Mathematics (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Life Sciences (Botany, Zoology)
CUCET Syllabus 2020 for M.Ed
Syllabus structure of M.Ed is as follows:
- Education & Philosophy: Nature & Meaning of Education, Relationship between Philosophy & Education
- Major Philosophies of Education: Naturalism; Idealism; Pragmatism
- Educational Thinkers & their Contribution in developing Principles of Education: M. K. Gandhi: Basic Education, John Dewey: Learning by doing
- Culture & Social Change: Concept & Dimensions of Culture, Relationship between Culture & Education with special reference to conservative and creativity roles, Concept of social change and Roles of Education for social change.
- Psychology & Educational Psychology: Nature and Meaning of Psychology, Meaning and Functions of Educational Psychology.
- Learning & Motivation: Concept of Learning & Motivation, Factors of influencing learning – Personal & Environmental, Techniques of enhancing learner’s motivation; S‐R Theory of Learning (Thorndike), Classical conditioning (Pavlov), Operant Conditioning theory of learning (Skinner) and Gestalt Theory of Learning (Kohler et al), Cognitive theory (Piaget), Social development theory (Vygotsky), Behaviourism, Constructivism and Eclectic Approach
- Growth and Development: Concept, Stages of development, Role of hereditary and environment in development of individual
- Intelligence: Nature and Meaning, Measurement of Intelligence – Concept of I.Q, Verbal, Non‐ verbal & Performance tests, Two‐factor Theory (Spearman), Multifactor Theory (Thurston), Structure of Intellect (Guilford), Multiple Intelligence (Gardner)
- Personality: Meaning and Nature and Development of Personality – biological & socio‐culture determinant a brief overview of Trait‐theory of Personality (Allport), Factor‐theory of Personality (Cattell), Psychoanalytical theory of Personality (Freud), Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and their Educational implication
- Current issues: Universalization of Elementary Education with special reference to Sarva Siksha Abhiyan, Education of children with special needs, Women’s Education, Education of Weaker Sections, Right to Education Act 2009
- Teaching Process: Concept of teaching, Characteristics and Functions of teaching, Principles & Maxims of Teaching
- Techniques of Teacher‐Preparation: Microteaching ‐ Nature & Meaning, Main proposition, Phases, Steps, Merits & Limitations; Simulated ‐ Nature & Meaning, Teaching Role Play, Advantages & Limitations; Programmed learning‐ Meaning and Characteristics, Learning ‐ Principles and Development of the Programmed instructions. ‐ Types. ‐ Merits & Demerits.
- Taxonomy of Educational Objectives & Lesson Planning: Bloom’s Taxonomy of Instructional Objectives: Cognitive, Affective & Psychomotor domains, Meaning & Significance of lesson planning, Preparation of Lesson Planning, Lesson plan in a constructivist approach
- Methods of teaching: Play Way Method, Project Method, Discussion method, Heuristic Method, Activity method, Cooperative learning
- ICT: Basics in ICT, Multimedia approach, Use of ICT in teaching-learning process
- Assessment: Concept of CCE, Grading, Achievement test, Blueprint, diagnostic test, Quantitative Analysis, Descriptive Statistics, Qualitative analysis.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 for M.A. Economics
Syllabus for M.A. Economics is highlighted below:
- Part A: Question Pattern will be 45minutes and it will have 35 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's), with 4 options and 1 correct. Question Pattern is related with Applicant's general awareness, Reasoning, Basic language - English and Analytical skills)
- Part B: Here in this section question pattern will contain four sections covering simple Mathematics, Statistics, Advanced Mathematics, and Economics.
Syllabus for Part B of CUCET 2020
Important topic which candidate should go through for Part-B section of CUCET are as follows:
- CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Mathematics: Plus 2 level Mathematics covering functions, Linear Algebra, Limits, Differential and Integral Calculus.
- CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Statistics: Basic statistics of Plus 2 level covering measures of central tendency, Probability Distribution–Normal etc.
- CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Advanced Mathematics: Graduate level mathematics covering Linear Algebra, Limits and Derivatives, Optimisation, Integration etc.
- CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Economics: Graduate level Economics covering topics in Micro and Macro Economics and Indian Economic Development.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 for English and Literature English Studies
Syllabus structure for English and Literature English Studies is mentioned below:
- CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Literary Terms: Allegory, ballad, Blank verse, comedy, connotation and denotation, dissociation of sensibility, dramatic monologue, elegy, enlightenment, epic, fancy and imagination, free verse, imitation, intentional fallacy, meter, motif, ode, onomatopoeia, paradox, plot, point of view, satire, soliloquy, sonnet, tragedy, wit etc.
- CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Literary Genres: Fiction and non‐fiction (traditional and modern classification); autobiography, biography, diary, drama, essay, novel, poetry, prose, short story etc; types and sub‐types.
- CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Comparative Literature: Definition, scope, aims and objectives; key terms, literary historiography, myth, motif etc.
- Literary trends and literary movements: Aestheticism, modernism, and post‐modernism, mysticism, naturalism, progressivism, realism, revolutionary literature, romanticism.
- Elementary knowledge of famous authors and texts: From Indian, Western and Classical literature.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 for Linguistics and Language Technology Linguistics
Syllabus for CUCET related with Linguistic and Language Technology Linguistic is as follows:
Grammar: Noun, verb, adjective, adverb etc
Levels of Analysis: Phonetics & Phonology, Morphology, Syntax, Semantics, etc
Units of Analysis: Phonetics and phonology, Phoneme, Syllable, Identification of syllable, Stress, Accents. Morphology: root, stem, affix
Types of affixation: Prefix, infix, circumfix, suffix etc; morpheme, identification of morphemes, morphemic analysis
Syntax: Word, phrase, sentence, complementizer
Semantics: Meaning, types of meaning, relations and also basic idea about a dictionary entry. Outline idea about early Philology and paradigm shift after Saussure, Saussurean dichotomies, semiotics, Language family, Languages of India (scheduled / Non-scheduled), Object of studying Linguistic
Computer: Basics of Computer: What is a computer, Basic Applications of a computer, Components of a computer system, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Keyboard and Mouse, Other input/output Devices, Computer Memory, Concepts of Hardware and Software, Concept of Computing Data, and Information, Connecting keyboard, Mouse, Monitor and printer to CPU and checking power supply, Projector, Internet etc.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 for Classical Tamil
Syllabus for Classical Tamil is given below:
- Unit – 1: History of Tamil Literature: Introduction to Literature (Sangam - Post Sangam - Pallava period - Chola period -Nayakka period and Bhakti Movement and Modern Period)
- Unit – 2: Texts on Tamil Grammar: Ezhuttu (Phonology), Col (Morphology) - (Nannu) Paul Grammar (Nambiagappourl)- Ani (Figure of Speech- Thandiyalankaram) – Pappu (Prosody -Yapparunkalakka: Erika)
- Unit – 3: Elements of General Linguistics and History of Tamil Language: Phonology, Morphology, Syntax, and Semantics - History of Indian Language families - Place of Tamil Language amongst the Indian Languages, Kinds of Dravidian Languages. Borrowing words in Tamil, Difference of Spoken and Written Language and Dialects.
- Unit – 4: History and Culture of Tamil Nadu: Evidence which helps to know the history of Tamil Nadu, Period of Sangam, Period of Kalapras, Period of Later Chola and Pandya, Period of Nayakka, Period of European, political, social and religious conditions.
- Unit – 5: Literary Criticism: Modern Critical Theories, To describe some literary forms like Short Stories, Novel, Prose and Drama through principle of literary
- Unit – 6: Tamil Literature and other disciplines: Elements of Folklore, Computer application, Journalism.
- Unit – 7: Knowledge of Classical Tamil Texts: A few Agam and Puram Poems.
CUCET 2020 Syllabus for History
CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Ancient History of India (10000 BC to 1206 AD)
Stone Age (Paleolithic, Mesolithic and Neolithic age), Chalcolithic Age, Indus Vally Civilization, Aryan & Vedic Age, State Formation in Ancient India, Rise of Ancient Indian Empire ( Haryana, Shishunag, Nanda Dynasty), Age of Religion ( Buddhism & Jainism), Mauryan Age (Social, Political and Culture), Post - Mauryan Period (Indo-Greeks, Sakas, Kushanas, Western Kshatrapas), Early State and Society in South India (Kharavela, The Satavahanas, Tamil States of Sangam Age, Administration, economy, art and architecture), Guptas, Vakatakas and Vardhanas (Administration, Society, and Culture), Regional States during Gupta Era: Kadambas, Pallavas, Chalukyas of Badami, Polity and Administration, Literature, Growth of Vaishnava and Saiva religions, Palas, Senas, Rashtrakutas, Paramours, Polity, and Administration.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Early Medieval India (750 AD- 1206 AD)
Major political developments in Northern India, rise of Rajputs, The Cholas: administration, village economy, and society; Indian Feudalism, Agrarian economy and urban settlements; Trade and Commerce.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Medieval History of India (1206-1707 AD)
Establishment of Delhi-Sultanate Rule (Mamluk, Khilji and Tughlaq dynasty), Administration of Delhi Sultanate (Military reform, Iqta system etc.), Art & Architecture Vijaynagar and Bahamani Kingdom (Rise, Social, Economic and Administration), Bhakti movement, Sufi Movement; Culture: Persian literature, Establishment of Mughal Empire (Administration, Society, Political and literature), Expansion of Mughal Empire(Babar to Aurangazeb), Rise of Sur dynasty, Decline of Mughal Empire.
CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Modern History of India (1707 to 1947)
Modern Historiography, Colonialism in India, British Raj & British Expansion in India, Imperialism, Social and Cultural Development, Structure of British administration (all Acts), Economic impact in British Period(Settlement) , Industrialization, Social and Religious Reform movement (Ram Mohan Rai, Swami Dayanand, Jyoiba Phule etc.), National Movement in India, Mass movement and British Rule, Indian National Congress summit, Gandhian movement, Constitutional Development, Struggle for Freedom. European History French, England, American and Russian Revolution, World War First and Second.
CUCET 2020 Syllabus for Human Rights and Conflicts Management
Candidate should follow syllabus structure for Human rights and Conflits Management. Syllabus structure comprises of many sections and sections are highlighted as below:
Unit 1: CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Concept of Human Rights and Duties
- Values: Democracy, Liberty, Equality, Justice, Fraternity, Unity in Diversity
- Inherent, Inalienable, Universal and Indivisible
- Classification of Rights: Socio-Economic-Cultural, Political-Civil
- The co-relation between Rights and Duties 5. State versus Individual Rights
Unit 2: CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Human Rights- Theories and Approaches
- Natural Theory, Force Theory, Social Contract Theory, Evolutionary Theory
- Legal Positivist Theory
- Liberal Approach
- Marxist Approach
- Feminist Approach
- Third World/ Gandhian Approach
- Right to Development Approach
- Social and New Social Movements
Unit 3: CUCET Syllabus 2020 For United Nations- Human Rights and Duties
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 1948
- International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, 1966
- International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, 1966
- Convention on Elimination of all forms of racial discrimination, 1965
- Convention on Elimination of all forms of discrimination against women, 1979
- Convention on the rights of the child, 1989
Unit 4: CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Indian Constitution- Human Rights and Duties in India
- Fundamental Rights (part III)
- Directive Principles of State Policy (Part IV)
- Fundamental Duties (part IVA)
- Their inter-relationship
Protection and enforcement of Human Rights and Duties are as follows:
- National and State Human Rights Commissions and other grievance redressal mechanisms
- NGOs, social movements, and pressure groups
Deprivation of Human Rights- Core issues are mentioned below:
Women, Status of women in society, Violence and Crime Against Women: Harassment at Work Places, Rape, Dowry Deaths, Police Investigation and Harassment. Constitutional safeguards relating to women’s rights, National Commission for Women (NCW), State Commission for Women (SCW), Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes
Historical understanding of discrimination and its causes and implications on Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, National and International Measures for the protection of rights of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
International: Three United Nation mandates specific to Indigenous Peoples are as follows:
- United Nation Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues,
- United Nation Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- United Nation Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- Constitutional safeguards relating to the protection of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
Unit 2: CUCET Syllabus 2020 For Children, Crime Against Children
Abuses of Children Rights, Sexual Exploitation, Child Labour, Human Rights Violations of Street Children, Child Prostitution, homeless children, Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000.
Rights of Children constitutes following parameters:
- International perspective.
Human Trafficking and children involve the following topics:
- Causes of Human Trafficking
- Prevalence of human trafficking in India and neighbouring countries.
- Laws relating to human trafficking
Unit 3: CUCET Syllabus 2020 for peace and conflict studies/ Diagnosis and analysis of conflict
- An introduction to peace and conflict studies focusing on the theories, values, and concepts of the areas.
- Analysis of various conflicts in the context of India
- Human migration induced conflict
- Conflict in north-eastern states.
- Son of the soils and language conflict
- In-depth views at conflict analysis, including diagnosis and assessment of conflict as well as peace interventions.
Unit 4: CUCET Syllabus 2020 for Conflict management skills, approaches and strategies/ Conflict Transformation and building a sustainable peace
- Focuses on concrete skills and strategies for conflict management such as negotiation, mediation, and communication.
- Ways in which conflict can be transformed into peace, and how peace can be sustained by the participation of various stakeholders in society.
- Conflict resolution and management in India:
- Role of the state
- Role of Civil Society Organisations
- Constitutional and legal provisions
- Role of Judiciary
- Political parties, pressure groups, and media.
CUCET 2020 Syllabus for Music (Vocal / Instrumental)
Syllabus for Music is given as below:
- Historical development of Music in following Periods: Vedic Period, Natyashastra Period, Ramayana and Mahabharata Period, up to 12th century, with special reference to Matang and Sharangdev, during 18th Century to Modern times.
- Definition and explanation of the following musical terms: Sangeet, Naad, Swara, Saptak, Taal, Laya, Raag, That, Aaroh, Avroh, Pakar, Jaties of Ragas, alap, taan, Nyas, Apnyas, Grah, Ansh, Khatka, Kan, Murki, Andolan, Tappa, Thumri, Tarana, Chaturanga, Ragmala, Partal, Dhrupad, Dhamar, Lok Sangeet
- Classification of Indian Musical Instruments, Knowledge of the following instruments: Tanpura, Tabla, Harmonium
- Biographical sketches and contribution towards Indian Music of the following: Tansen, Pandit Vishnu Narayan Bhatkhande, Pandit Vishnu Digambar Paluskar, Ustad Faiyaz Khan, Swami Harivallabh, Pandit. Onkar Nath Thakur, Pt. Krishna Rao Shankar Pandit, Pt. Dalip Chander Vedi, Ustad Bade Gulam Ali Khan, Hira Bai Barodkar
- Detailed description and notation of the following Ragas: Bilawal, Kalyan, Khamaj, Bhopali, Bhairaqv, Malkaus, Miyan ki Todi, Miyan Malhar, Bhairavi, Bihag and Ramkali, Asawari, Des, Bhimplasi
- Detailed description and notation of the following Talas: Dadra, Kehrva, Teentaal, Ektaal, Roopak, Teevra, Tilwara, Jhaptal, Jhumra, Adda Chautal, Jath Taal, Sool Taal. Deepchandi, Dhamar
- Elementary Knowledge of the following Ragas: Alhaiya Bilawal, Shudh Kalyan, Tilang, Deshkar, Gunkali, Chanderkauns, Multani, Marwa, Poorvi, Jaunpuri, Sorath, Dhanshri
- Development and Importance of Indian notation system of music, its merits, and demerits
- Evolution and development of Indian Musical Scale.
CUCET 2020 Syllabus for Fine Arts
Syllabus for Fine Arts is depicted as below:
- Terminology: Arabesque, Archaeology, Archaic, Attribute Balance, Calligraphy, Chiaroscuro, Chronology, Classical, College, Communication, Composition, Cone, Connoisseur, Contour, Contrapposto, Cube, Cylinder, Dimension, Epigraph, Façade, Folio, Foreshortening, Format, Harmony, Hieroglyph, Icon, Iconography, Imagination, Inscription, Intuition, Landscape, Mass, Manuscript, Miniature, Modelling, Monochromatic, Monument, Mosaic, Motif, Mythology, Numismatics, Pigment, Polychromatic, Portrait, Primitive, Rhythm, Scaffolding, Space, Sphere, Style, Symmetry.
- Definitions: Abstraction, Aesthetics, Art, Beauty, Composition, Content, Craft, Culture, Form, Idealism, Image, Mudra, Mural, Naturalism, Perspective, Realism, Relief, Shadanga (Sanskrit), Symbol, Tradition.
- Difference Between The Following Pairs Art: Craft; Pastels: Poster colours, Watercolour: Acrylic colour, Archaeology: Architecture; Wall-Painting: Fresco;
- Chaitya: Vihar; Painting, Sketch, Fine Art, Performing Art
- Major Religious Systems Of India and Their Arts: Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Islam, Christianity
- Major Civilisations Of The World: Indus Valley civilization, Mesopotamian Civilization, Chinese Civilization, Egyptian Civilisation, Greek and Roman Civilisation
- Basic Information About Major Schools Of Indian Painting: Mughal, Pahari, Rajasthani etc.
CUCET 2020 Syllabus for Tribal Law and Governance
Questions in this section shall be intended to test knowledge of the candidate in fields of following topics:
- Constitution of India / General Civics
- Tribal People of India
- Contemporary Happenings in the Domain of Tribal Issues.
CUCET 2020 Syllabus for Folkloristic and Tribal Studies MA (Folkloristic)
Syllabus for Folkloristic and Tribal studies is as follows:
- Folklore and Folklife
- Different Genres
- Folklore of different parts of World with special reference to India
- Tribal Folklore
- Tribal language and literature
- Research Methodology
CUCET 2020 Syllabus for Geography
Syllabus for Geography is mentioned as below:
Nature and Scope of Physical Geography: Solar system and the Earth, Origin of Earth - important theories - Nebular, Tidal, Planetesimal, Supernova, and Otto Schmidt.
Constitution of earth’s interior, Age of Earth, Geological Timescale.
Origin of Continents and Oceans: Wegner’s theory, Plate tectonics and Earth surface configuration, major and minor plates of world and types of plate margins
Major second-order Landforms Mountains, Plateaus, Plains and Lakes their classification and distribution, Earth’s Materials: Rocks- their origin, classification, and characteristics, Formation of regolith and soil.
Check out the CUCET Eligibility to check whether you clear the criteria for taking the test.