Candidates need to score certain marks for admission into colleges through CMAT 2023 scores. Get the knowledge of exam patterns, marking schemes, and good scores.
A good score in CMAT is the highest score of the candidates calculated based on the performance in each section. Since the examination level is moderate, the number of candidates appearing for the exam is relatively high. CMAT score of 250 to 300 out of 400 is considered a good CMAT score for selection and admission. CMAT 2023 results have been announced on 31st May 2023, candidates can now download their CMAT scorecard.
MBA colleges use CMAT scores. Aspiring candidates must qualify for the cutoff to get admission to top colleges. The answer keys and results are released a few days after the exam, followed by the scorecard.
Table of Contents
- CMAT 2023 Overview
- What is a Good Score in CMAT 2023?
- What is CMAT 2023 Percentile?
- CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
- How to Obtain a Good Score in CMAT 2023?
CMAT 2023 Overview
Common Management Admission Test, abbreviated as CMAT, is a national-level examination conducted by NTA annually for admission into MBA, PGDM, Executive PGDM, and PGCM courses.
The CMAT 2023 exam is held for 3 hours. The score is accepted by all AICTE CMAT approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
|Full Form||Common Management Admission Test|
|Level of Exam||National-Level|
|Conducted Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of Form Fill up||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Time of Exam||180 Minutes|
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
4th May 2023
|CMAT Scorecard Link|
What is a Good Score in CMAT 2023?
A good CMAT score is derived from the sum of marks scored by the candidates in each section of the CMAT 2023 paper. The scores are usually counted based on the correct answer and negative marking, preceded by the CMAT 2023 percentile calculation method.
Factors that play a vital role in a CMAT good score:
- Correct answers
- Incorrect answers
- Negative markings.
CMAT Good Score
There are five sections in the CMAT paper, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness. Each section carries 20 marks. Further, each correct answer is awarded 4 marks, and 1 mark is deducted for each incorrect answer. However, there is no marking for unattempted answers.
300 out of 400 is considered a good CMAT 2023 score. Candidates must score 300+ marks for admission into top CMAT accepting MBA colleges.
What is CMAT 2023 Percentile?
The CMAT 2023 percentile is calculated based on the number of candidates appearing for each session and their marks scored. The marks scored are transformed into a range of 100 to 0 for each session.
CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
The CMAT 2023 exam is conducted in five sections. The total number of questions from each section is 20. The maximum number of marks is 80 for each section.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Marking Pattern|
4 Marks for each correct answer
-1 for each incorrect answer
No marking for unattempted questions
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||20||80|
|Innovation and Entrepreneurship||20||80|
Read More: CMAT Exam Pattern
How to Obtain a Good Score in CMAT 2023?
All the aspiring candidates must follow the tips mentioned in the points below to score good marks on CMAT 2023.
- Start the preparation process by examining the CMAT exam pattern and the syllabus. Try to analyse all the topics and subtopics.
- Construct a strategic study plan. Make sure it covers all the areas of high weightage. Besides, there should be dedicated time allotted for the revision of each topic.
- Next, candidates must appear for mock tests. It will help in analysing the preparation. The assessment will further help in enhancing the weak areas.
- Moreover, candidates should follow the previous year's cutoff to gain basic knowledge. Start the preparation by keeping in mind the cutoff of the desired college.
- Lastly, candidates should follow the previous years' question papers and try to solve as many as possible.