CAT is a national level exam conducted by IIMs. The official schedule for CAT 2020 exam was announced by the conducting authorities. The process for filling the CAT Application Form 2020 is now closed, and the exam is to be held on November 29, 2020. All the details regarding the CAT 2020 application form and filling process are discussed below.
- CAT 2020 Application Form Highlights
- How to fill the CAT Application Form 2020?
- Documents Required to fill the CAT Application Form 2020
CAT Application Form 2020 Highlights
All the facts one needs to know about the CAT Application Form 2020 can be found here:
|CAT Application Form 2020 Overview|
|Conducting institution||IIM Indore|
|Mode of filling the CAT application form 2020||Online|
|Application Form 2020 Start Date||August 5, 2020|
|Application Form 2020 Last Date||September 23, 2020|
|CAT Form 2020 Correction Window||September 27, 2020 (10 A.M.) to September 29, 2020 (5 P.M.)|
Toll Free Number: 1800-209-0830
Email Address: [email protected]
Selection based on Preference: Instead of four, candidates will now have to choose six test cities in the CAT Application Form 2020, in order of their preference. One need not be in a rush during the preliminary registration days to block slots.
Preference Based: Usually, the CAT aspirants are given their preferred city. In case, you did not get the first preference, the officials will make their best efforts to offer you the city which has been listed in your list of preferences based on the order of your preferences filled in the CAT Application Form, or a nearby city may be allocated to you.
Mode of Payment: The registration fee for CAT Application Form can be paid via Debit/Credit cards or through internet banking only. The offline payment mode is unavailable in the case of CAT Form 2020.
How to fill the CAT Application Form 2020?
The step-by-step procedure for filling the CAT application form 2020 online is as follows:
Register yourself for CAT 2020
The 1st step for any candidate appearing for CAT 2020 is to register themselves on the official website. All candidates need to register to obtain CAT 2020 User ID and Password.
- Login to the website iimcat.ac.in
- Click on “Register Now” and create your profile. CAT form 2020 will be as follows.
- Registration for User ID and Password: Go through all the instructions given at the top of the CAT 2020 application form. The candidates are advised to fill the application form on the latest version of Internet Explorer or Google Chrome, for a smooth experience. The candidates must be very careful while providing all the details. Any discrepancies found, later on, would lead to rejection of candidate's CAT form.
- Details required for CAT Form 2020 Registration: All the details fed by the candidate in the CAT Application Form 2020 must be accurate and to the best of candidate's knowledge. Entries once made in the CAT online form cannot be corrected under any circumstances. You will need to fill the following information in the CAT 2020 application form:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Enter the Captcha as displayed in the Captcha box
- Read the Declaration section and select “I Agree” to proceed to submit the CAT form.
Official Login Information: After submitting the CAT application form 2020 for registration, you will receive your login Details to your registered email address you have already provided. The CAT login details will contain the User ID and Password. You can log into the official CAT website with this login credentials and start filling the application form details.
Filling the CAT Exam 2020 Application Form
Step 1: Login using the user ID and Password on the official CAT website and start filling the application form details.
Step 2: Applicants must fill in the following five sections in the CAT 2020 Application Form.
- Personal Information
- Work Experience
- Fee Payment
- Instructions: You should go through the instructions thoroughly before filling the CAT application form 2020. You must fill in the correct details in the CAT form to avoid problems later. The last section is where you are required to pay the CAT application form fee.
- Payment Process: After paying the CAT form 2020 fee, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Here, you can take a printout of the CAT form 2020 or save the file. You are not allowed to make any changes in the CAT Application Form 2020 after this stage.
Step 3: Personal Information to be filled in the CAT Application Form 2020:
- Name of the candidate.
- Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name and Gender.
- Category (under which they will be applying).
- Select the Person with disability/Differently Abled (If they fall into this category).
- Enter the communication address.
- Upload documents (scanned images of passport size photograph, signature, category certificate and PWD/PA certificate).
- Category: Those who belong NC-OBC, SC/ST, they have to download the NC-OBC, SC/ST Certificates from the CAT website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, then self-attest, and scan this as PDF documents to upload them on your CAT 2020 profile.
- Information about PWD: Select 'Yes' in the CAT online form, if you are a person with a disability (PWD) and select details under the PwD Category of disability, Disability Percentage, Wheelchair Support, and Scribe requirement.
- Passport Size Photograph and Signature: Upload the scanned image of your passport photo within the dimensions of 30mm X 45mm. Also, upload the scanned image of your signature within the dimensions of 80mm X 35mm. The documents file format should be in .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150px/inch. The photo should not be more than 6 months old and should have a white background. You will require to affix the same photo uploaded here, on the admit card on the day of the test. The candidates must note that if the photographs are not as per the given specifications, the CAT form will be rejected.
- NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate: Download the Certificate from the CAT Website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, self-attest, and scan as PDF document to upload here in CAT 2020 Application Form.
- PWD Certificate: Download the Certificate from the CAT Website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, self-attest and scan as a PDF document to upload here.
Final Step: After completing the application form online, you can click on the Save & Continue button to proceed to the next section of the CAT Application Form 2020.
CAT 2020 Application Form Fees
The CAT 2020 application form fees change every year. Currently, the CAT registration fees for 2020 has increased from INR 1900/- to INR 2000/- for General Category and from INR 950/- to INR 1000/- for SC/ST/PWD categories. Extra charges like service charges may be added to the final amount, along with CAT application form fees.
|For the General & NC-OBC category||INR 2000/-|
|For SC/ST/PWD/DA categories||INR 1000/-|
Step 1: Payment
- Category-wise Payment: A General / NC-OBC candidate will be charged INR 2000 while an SC/ST /PWD candidate will be charged INR 1000 to fill the CAT application form 2020. The final amount of CAT application form will also include applicable additional charges as per the picture which was taken from the official website. That would make the total CAT registration fees.
Step 2: Declaration
- Final step: In the final section, the declaration window appears, you are supposed to tick " I agree" and click on "Submit and Pay" button, to submit the CAT online form.
- Online Payment: You can only make the payment using a Credit card, Debit card or Net Banking options. After the successful transaction of your payment, a "Payment Successful" message will be displayed on the screen along with the Payment Transaction Number and a pop-up will appear on the screen with information regarding the CAT application form status. You will then be redirected to the CAT 2020 website.
- Confirmation of Fee: You will also receive a confirmation email stating the successful submission of your CAT online form 2020 within a few minutes. The email will also contain communication on additional details such as CAT Admit Card download window.
Documents required to fill the CAT application form 2020
Candidates who fill the CAT application form 2020 often have a lot of doubts or confusion about the community certificates. We have provided in-detail information regarding the community certificate types and requirements in order to help candidates understand the importance of the process and also to have a hassle-free experience while filling the CAT online form.
What is an OBC Other Backward Caste Certificate?
A CAT OBC Certificate is a piece of evidence for those who belong to a particular caste, especially in case one who belongs to any of the 'Other Backward Castes', as specified in the Indian Constitution.
CAT Caste Certificate format is given in the image below. Students belonging to NC-OBC Category have to produce this certificate while filling the CAT form.
Documents required for obtaining for OBC certificate:
- CAT Application Form
- A copy of the Ration Card / Copy of Voter Card / Copy of Aadhaar card.
- Report regarding caste Kulal /Dharji/ Damal/ MC / Sarpanch
- Self-declaration Certificate.
The Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) are different and mean the truly distraught individuals in India. The terms are provided in the Constitution of India and there is a clear bifurcation between the two.
The reservation for the disabled candidates is 5% of the total seats and are reserved for CAT 2020. A snapshot of the form to be filled by the candidates who belong to the PwD category is provided below in order to avoid any kind of confusion. This form is to be submitted along with the CAT 2020 online form.
Documents Required to obtain the PWD Certificate:
To obtain PWD Certificate he/she shall submit an application, and the CAT online form shall be submitted along with the following documents, before the CAT 2020 application form last date, September 23, 2020:
- Proof of residence
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID
- Two recent passport size photographs.
SSC/10th Std/Equivalent Details
Calculation of SSC Scores: For computing percentages of marks obtained in SSC/10th/Equivalent examination, the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the mark sheet/grade sheet would be considered irrespective of the Board's Regulation while filling the CAT form online.
HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details
Selection of Course: Select Course Type as 12th Std/Equivalent to HSC or school structure of two-year education post 10th standard, else select Diploma.
- Fill the Details: Enter all the relevant details regarding HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course in your CAT 2020 application form.
- Computation of Marks: For computing percentages of marks obtained in 12th / Equivalent / Diploma examination, the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the mark sheet/grade sheet would be considered irrespective of the Boards regulation.
Bachelor’s Degree Details
Undergraduate Details: Enter the details based on whether you are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or have completed your Bachelor’s degree in the CAT 2020 application form. This section would also apply to those who have an Honours Bachelor’s degree too.
The candidates who are in the final year of the Bachelor's programme can also apply by filling the CAT online form, but they have to provide the original degree mark sheet or pertaining document before December 31, 2020.
Master's Degree Details
Post Graduate Details: If you choose to enter your Master’s Degree details, then select if you are currently pursuing it or have completed it in the provided space in your CAT 2020 Application Form.
Other Professional Degree Details
Other Degree: If you have a professional degree such as CA, ICWA, CS, then select all that apply specifically to you. However, enter marks only for the degree you have scored the highest marks in, in your CAT 2020 application form.
Note: If you have not done any Bachelor's Degree, then completion of any one of the above professional degrees is mandatory and that must be filled in CAT Application Form 2020.
- Next step: Click on Save & Continue to proceed to the next section. You must be careful while filling this section in the CAT Form 2020.
- Shortlisted Candidates: (If you are shortlisted in CAT 2020 admission rounds, then you are required to produce the original & copies of your academic certificates. If the information on the certificates varies with the information entered in the CAT Form 2020, then your admission will be cancelled.) On completion, you can click on the "Save & Continue" button to go to the next section of the CAT 2020 Application Form.
- Info about Experience: If you have any prior work experience, then you can fill in your experience details in the CAT Application Form 2020.
- Paid Experience: The work experience refers to the paid and full-time work done after graduation.
- Click on the "Save & Continue" button to proceed to the next section.
CAT Exam Centre City Preferences
The CAT Application Form also requires the candidates to state their choice of cities in which they would like to write the CAT exam. Till 2019, four cities had to be selected. But from 2020, the candidates have to name 6 cities as their exam centre choices in the CAT 2020 application form.
- Selection of Exam Centre/City: You can select any four Test Cities as per your preference from the drop-down menu.
- Allotment of sessions: After the last date of registration, you will be allotted one among the 6 preferred cities and either of the two sessions. In the rare case that you cannot be allotted to any of the preferred cities, you will be allotted to a nearby city.
- Notification: This information will be communicated to you on your CAT Admit Card 2020.
Test City: Your CAT 2020 Admit Card will have the name of the exam city along with other details. While selecting the city, the candidates can only select a city only once. To proceed to the final section of the CAT Form 2020, click on the Save & Continue button.
Programmes offered through CAT 2020
- Selection of Program: In this section, you are supposed to fill the CAT program details such as select the number of CAT programmes you wish to apply for in your CAT Application Form 2020.
- Selection of the city: Also, you must select the city for the interview rounds from the respective drop-down list of CAT centres given in the CAT Form. However, if you are opting for the PGP/PGDM courses at the following IIMs, then you are advised to select the same city for all the further interview rounds.
|2nd Generation IIMs||3rd Generation IIMs|
|IIM Kashipur||IIM Amritsar|
|IIM Ranchi||IIM Bodh Gaya|
|IIM Raipur||IIM Jammu|
|IIM Rohtak||IIM Nagpur|
|IIM Shillong||IIM Sambalpur|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||IIM Sirmaur|
|IIM Udaipur||IIM Visakhapatnam|
CAT Application Form 2020 - FAQs
Q. Can I use my institute's or my friend's email address while registering for the exam?
- Ans: No, one must enter one's own email address in the CAT application form 2020. All further communication will be sent to the candidate via the given mail address.
Q. I have changed my name entirely by procedure after completing the degree. Should I mention my name as per the degree certificate or enter my new name in the CAT form?
- Ans: You must enter the changed name in your CAT online form and produce valid supporting documents for it.