CAT is a national level exam conducted by the 20 IIMs situated in India. The official schedule for the CAT 2021 exam will be announced by the conducting authorities. The exam is likely to be held in November 2021, and the application process for the same will commence in July 2021. Candidates who graduated with 50% or more marks will be eligible to apply. The candidates belonging to the reserved categories may browse through the details given in the CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria, to find out about the relaxation they are entitled to. All the details regarding the CAT 2021 application form are discussed below.
- CAT 2021 Application Form Highlights
- How to fill the CAT Application Form 2021?
- Documents Required to fill the CAT Application Form 2021
CAT Application Form 2021 Highlights
All the facts one needs to know about the CAT Application Form 2021 can be found here:
|CAT Application Form 2021 Overview|
|Mode of filling the CAT application form 2021||Online|
|Application Form 2021 Start Date||July, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Application Form 2021 Last Date||To be announced|
|CAT Form 2021 Correction Window||To be announced|
Selection based on Preference: Candidates can choose six test cities in the CAT Application Form 2021, in order of their preference. One need not be in a rush during the preliminary registration days to block slots.
Preference Based: Usually, the CAT aspirants are given their preferred city. In case, you did not get the first preference, the officials will make their best efforts to offer you the city which has been listed in your list of preferences based on the order of your preferences filled in the CAT Application Form, or a nearby city may be allocated to you.
Mode of Payment: The registration fee for CAT Application Form can be paid via Debit/Credit Cards or through Internet Banking.
How to fill the CAT Application Form 2021?
The step-by-step procedure for filling the CAT application form 2021 online is as follows:
Step 1 - Register yourself for CAT 2021
The 1st step for any candidate appearing for CAT 2021 is to register themselves on the official website. All candidates need to register to obtain CAT 2021 User ID and Password.
- Login to the website iimcat.ac.in
- Click on “Register Now” and create your profile.
Registration for User ID and Password: Go through all the instructions given at the top of the CAT 2021 application form. The candidates are advised to fill the application form on the latest version of Internet Explorer or Google Chrome, for a smooth experience. The candidates must be very careful while providing all the details. Any discrepancies found, later on, would lead to rejection of the candidate's CAT form.
- Details required for CAT Form 2021 Registration: All the details fed by the candidate in the CAT Application Form 2021 must be accurate and to the best of the candidate's knowledge. Entries once made in the CAT online form cannot be corrected under any circumstances. You will need to fill the following information in the CAT 2021 application form.
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Enter the Captcha as displayed in the Captcha box
- Read the Declaration section and select “I Agree” to proceed to submit the CAT form.
- Official Login Information: After submitting the CAT application form 2021 for registration, you will receive your login details to your registered email address you have already provided. The CAT login details will contain the User ID and Password. You can log into the official CAT website with these login credentials and start filling in the application form details.
Step 2 - Filling the CAT Exam 2021 Application Form
Login using the user ID and Password on the official CAT website and start filling in the application form details. Applicants must fill in the following 6 sections in the CAT 2021 Application Form.
- Personal Information
- Work Experience
- Test City
- Fee Payment
- Instructions: You should go through the instructions thoroughly before filling the CAT application form 2021. You must fill in the correct details in the CAT form to avoid problems later. Candidates should also be aware that they will not be allowed to continue, if mandatory information is not entered or the required certificates are not uploaded.The last section is where you are required to pay the CAT application form fee.
- Payment Process: After paying the CAT form 2021 fee, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Here, you can take a printout of the CAT form 2021 or save the file. You are not allowed to make any changes in the CAT Application Form 2021 after this stage.
1. Personal Information to be filled in the CAT Application Form 2021
- Name of the candidate.
- Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name and Gender.
- Category (under which they will be applying).
- Select the Person with disability/Differently Abled (If they fall into this category).
- Enter the communication address.
- Upload documents (scanned images of passport size photograph, signature, category certificate and PWD/PA certificate).
- Category: Those who belong NC-OBC, SC/ST, they have to download the NC-OBC, SC/ST Certificates from the CAT website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, then self-attest, and scan this as PDF documents to upload them on your CAT 2021 profile.
- Information about PWD: Select 'Yes' in the CAT online form, if you are a person with a disability (PWD) and select details under the PwD Category of disability, Disability Percentage, Wheelchair Support, and Scribe requirement.
- Passport Size Photograph and Signature: Upload the scanned image of your passport photo within the dimensions of 30mm X 45mm. Also, upload the scanned image of your signature within the dimensions of 80mm X 35mm. The documents file format should be in .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150px/inch. The photo should not be more than 6 months old and should have a white background. You will require to affix the same photo uploaded here, on the admit card on the day of the test. The candidates must note that if the photographs are not as per the given specifications, the CAT form will be rejected.
- NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate: Download the Certificate from the CAT Website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, self-attest, and scan as PDF document to upload here in CAT 2021 Application Form.
- PWD Certificate: Download the Certificate from the CAT Website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, self-attest and scan as a PDF document to upload here.
- Final Step: After completing the application form online, you can click on the Save & Continue button to proceed to the next section of the CAT Application Form 2021.
2. Academic Qualification
In this section, the candidates must enter their educational qualification details. Enter the details in all sections that are applicable to them. These sections as they appear in the application form are as follows:
- SSC/10th/Equivalent Details
- HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details
- Bachelor’s Degree Details
- Master’s Degree Details
- Other Professional Degree Details
The candidates should go through all the declarations carefully before accepting them.
Note: If you have not undergone any Bachelor’s Degree, then completion of any one of the above professional degrees is mandatory.
Note: In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective Board/University/Institution. If any Board/University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate's CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.
Originals of all mark sheets will be required at the time of interview.
Click on Save & Continue to proceed to the next section.
3. Work Experience
Candidates who have prior work experience can also apply for CAT 2021. They are required to add all the experiences till July 31, 2021.
Candidates should note that only Full-time work experience will be considered. Part-time /Project /Internship /Articleship /Pre-graduation work experience should not be entered and will not be counted as work experience.
Click on Save & Continue to proceed to the next section.
Candidates can select all programmes at once by clicking on the “Select All” checkbox above the programme section. Select the Programme and then select the Interview City for that Programme as per the cities listed from the respective drop-down list.
5. Test City
Candidates can select any Six Test Cities as per his/her preference from the drop-down menu. After the last date of registration, one among the 6 preferred test cities will be allotted (subject to availability).
Allotment of sessions: After the last date of registration, you will be allotted one among the 6 preferred cities and either of the three sessions. In the rare case that you cannot be allotted to any of the preferred cities, you will be allotted to a nearby city.
To proceed to the final section of the CAT Form 2021, click on the 'Save & Continue' button.
6. CAT 2021 Application Form Fees
The CAT 2021 application form fees change every year. The CAT registration fees for 2020 was INR 2000 for General Category and INR 1000 for SC/ST/PWD categories. Extra charges like service charges may be added to the final amount, along with CAT application form fees.
|For the General & NC-OBC category||INR 2000|
|For SC/ST/PWD/DA categories||INR 1000|
- Final step: In the final section, the declaration window appears, you are supposed to tick " I agree" and click on "Submit and Pay" button, to submit the CAT online form.
- Online Payment: You can only make the payment using a Credit card, Debit card or Net Banking options. After the successful transaction of your payment, a "Payment Successful" message will be displayed on the screen along with the Payment Transaction Number and a pop-up will appear on the screen with information regarding the CAT application form status. You will then be redirected to the CAT 2021 website.
- Confirmation of Fee: You will also receive a confirmation email stating the successful submission of your CAT online form 2021 within a few minutes. The email will also contain communication on additional details such as the CAT Admit Card download window.
Documents required to fill the CAT application form 2021
Candidates who fill the CAT application form often have a lot of doubts or confusion about the community certificates. We have provided in-detail information regarding the community certificate types and requirements in order to help candidates understand the importance of the process and also to have a hassle-free experience while filling the CAT online form.
What is an OBC Other Backward Caste Certificate?
A CAT OBC Certificate is a piece of evidence for those who belong to a particular caste, especially in case one who belongs to any of the 'Other Backward Castes', as specified in the Indian Constitution.
CAT Caste Certificate format is given in the image below. Students belonging to NC-OBC Category have to produce this certificate while filling the CAT form.
Documents required for obtaining for OBC certificate:
- CAT Application Form
- A copy of the Ration Card / Copy of Voter Card / Copy of Aadhaar card.
- Report regarding caste Kulal /Dharji/ Damal/ MC / Sarpanch
- Self-declaration Certificate.
The Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) are different, and mean the truly distraught individuals in India. The terms are provided in the Constitution of India and there is a clear bifurcation between the two.
The reservation for the disabled candidates is 5% of the total seats and are reserved for CAT 2021. A snapshot of the form to be filled by the candidates who belong to the PwD category is provided below in order to avoid any kind of confusion. This form is to be submitted along with the CAT 2021 online form.
Documents Required to obtain the PWD Certificate
To obtain PWD Certificate he/she shall submit an application, and the CAT online form shall be submitted along with the following documents, before the CAT 2021 application form last date.
- Proof of residence
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID
- Two recent passport size photographs.
SSC/10th Std/Equivalent Details
Calculation of SSC Scores: For computing percentages of marks obtained in SSC/10th/Equivalent examination, the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the mark sheet/grade sheet would be considered irrespective of the Board's Regulation while filling the CAT form online.
HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details
- Selection of Course: Select Course Type as 12th Std/Equivalent to HSC or school structure of two-year education post 10th standard, else select Diploma.
- Fill the Details: Enter all the relevant details regarding HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course in your CAT 2021 application form.
- Computation of Marks: For computing percentages of marks obtained in 12th / Equivalent / Diploma examination, the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the mark sheet/grade sheet would be considered irrespective of the Boards regulation.
Bachelor’s Degree Details
Undergraduate Details: Enter the details based on whether you are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or have completed your Bachelor’s degree, in the CAT 2021 application form. This section would also apply to those who have a Bachelor’s (Hons.) degree.
The candidates who are in the final year of the Bachelor's programme can also apply by filling the CAT online form, but they have to provide the original degree mark sheet or pertaining document before December 31, 2021.
Master's Degree Details
Post Graduate Details: If you choose to enter your Master’s Degree details, then select if you are currently pursuing it or have completed it in the provided space in your CAT 2021 Application Form.
Other Professional Degree Details
Other Degree: If you have a professional degree such as CA, ICWA, CS, then select all that apply specifically to you. However, enter marks only for the degree you have scored the highest marks in, in your CAT 2021 application form.
- If you have not done any Bachelor's Degree, then completion of any one of the above professional degrees is mandatory and that must be filled in CAT Application Form 2021.
- Shortlisted Candidates: If you are shortlisted in CAT 2021 admission rounds, then you are required to produce the original & copies of your academic certificates. If the information on the certificates varies with the information entered in the CAT Form 2021, then your admission will be cancelled.
Click on Save & Continue to proceed to the next section for selecting the test centre. You must be careful while filling this section in the CAT Form 2021.
CAT Application Form 2021 - FAQs
- Can I use my institute's or my friend's email address while registering for the exam?
No, one must enter one's own email address in the CAT application form 2021. All further communication will be sent to the candidate via the given mail address.
- I have changed my name entirely by procedure after completing the degree. Should I mention my name as per the degree certificate or enter my new name in the CAT form?
You must enter the changed name in your CAT online form and produce valid supporting documents for it.
- Can I make changes to the application form of CAT?
The candidates can make changes to the application form before submitting it. No changes will be allowed once it is submitted. However, the correction window will let you edit the application form. The candidates will not be allowed to change the EMail ID and registered mobile number at any point during the process or even during the form correction process.
- How can I submit the application fee for the CAT?
You can submit the application fee of CAT by any online mode of payment such as net banking, debit card or credit card. Candidates can also use apps like Paytm, Google Pay,PhonePay ,etc to make online payments.