CAT 2019 is a national level exam conducted by IIMs. Candidates should know about the Application Form before applying for CAT. This section deals with all the necessary information a candidate has to fill in the application form. Some details regarding the CAT Application Process is also briefly discussed below.
Stages in CAT 2019 Registration Process
- Create Profile: Make your profile on the official CAT 2019 website. One must note down the CAT 2019 Dates, as it would help them to track every event.
- Login Details: Log in with your CAT User ID and Password, Enter your details into the CAT application form.
- Payment: Pay online to conclude the registration process.
CAT Exam Registration Process 2019
The step-by-step procedure of registering for CAT 2019 is as follows:
Step 1: Register to obtain CAT User ID and Password
- Login the website, iimcat.ac.in.
- To start, click on “Register Now” and create your profile. The CAT 2019 registration form will be as follows.
CAT Application Form:
You should fill in the details with care as it will not be allowed to make any changes in the CAT Application Form after you have submitted it. You will need to fill the following information in the application form:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Enter the Captcha as displayed in the Captcha box
- Read the Declaration section and select “I Agree” to proceed to submit the CAT form.
Official Login Information: After submitting the Registration Form, you will receive your CAT 2019 Login Details to your registered email address you have already provided. The CAT Login Details will contain the User ID and Password. You can log into the CAT website with this login credentials.
Step 1: Login Using CAT 2019 Credentials:
- Login Process: You are required to log in through your CAT 2019 Login Credentials and fill in the CAT Application Form. Click on the " Existing User" button. On successful login, you will be able to access the CAT Application Form.
- Note: If you have forgotten the password, then click on “Forgot Password" to receive a new password through your CAT registered email address.
Step 2: Fill in the CAT Exam Application Form 2019:
Applicants must fill in the following five sections in the CAT Exam Application Form 2019:
- Personal Information
- Work Experience
- Fee Payment
- Instructions: You should go through the instructions thoroughly before filling the application form. You must fill in the correct details in the CAT Application Form to avoid problems later. The last section is where you are required to pay the application fee.
- Payment Process: After paying the CAT 2019 fee, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Here, you can take a printout of the CAT 2019 form or save the file. You are not allowed to make any changes in the CAT Exam Application Form 2019 after this stage.
Step 3.1: Personal Information in CAT Exam Application Form 2019:
- Name of the candidate.
- Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name and Gender.
- Category (under which they will be applying).
- Select the Person with disability/Differently Abled (If they fall into this category).
- Enter the communication address.
- Upload documents (scanned images of passport size photograph, signature, category certificate and PWD/PA certificate).
- Category: Those who belong NC-OBC, SC/ST, they have to download the NC-OBC, SC/ST Certificates from the CAT website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, then self-attest, and scan this as PDF documents to upload them on your CAT 2019 profile.
- Information about PWD: Select Yes if you are a Person with disability (PWD) and select details under PWD Category of disability, Disability Percentage, Wheelchair Support and Scribe requirement.
- Passport Size Photograph and Signature: Upload the scanned image of your passport photo within the dimensions of 30mm X 45mm. Also, upload the scanned image of your signature within the dimensions of 80mm X 35mm. The documents file format should be in .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150px/inch. The photo should not be more than 6 months old and should have a white background. You will require to affix the same photo uploaded here, on the admit card on the day of the test.
- NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate: Download the Certificate from the CAT Website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, self-attest, and scan as PDF document to upload here in CAT Exam Application Form 2019.
- PWD Certificate: Download the Certificate from the CAT Website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, self-attest and scan as PDF document to upload here.
Final Step: After completing the application form online, you can click on the Save & Continue button to proceed to the next section of the CAT Exam Application Form 2019.
CAT 2019 - Community Certificate Details
Complete information regarding the community certificate types and requirements are discussed below.
What is an OBC Other Backward Caste Certificate?
An OBC Certificate is evidence for one who belongs to a particular caste, especially in case one who belongs to any of the 'Other Backward Castes', as specified in the Indian Constitution.
Documents required for obtaining for OBC certificate:
- Application Form
- A copy of Ration Card / Copy of Voter Card / Copy of Aadhaar card.
- Report regarding caste Kulal /Dharji/ Damal/ MC / Sarpanch
- Self-declaration Certificate.
The Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) are different and mean the truly distraught individuals in India. The terms are provided in the Constitution of India and there is a clear bifurcation between the two.
The reservation for the disabled candidates is 5% of the total seats and are reserved for CAT 2019.
Documents Required to obtain the PWD Certificate:
To obtain PWD Certificate he/she shall submit an application, and the application shall be submitted along with the following :
- Proof of residence
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID
- Two recent passport size photographs.
Step 3.2: CAT 2019 Academic Details:
- SSC/10th Std/Equivalent Details
- 12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details
- Graduation Details
- Other Professional Degree Details
- Postgraduate Details
SSC/10th Std/Equivalent Details:
- Calculation of SSC Scores: For computing percentages of marks obtained in SSC/10th/Equivalent examination, the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the mark sheet/grade sheet would be considered irrespective of the Board's Regulation.
HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details:
- Selection of Course: Select Course Type as 12th Std/Equivalent to HSC or school structure of two-year education post 10th standard, else select Diploma.
- Fill the Details: Enter all the relevant details regarding HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course.
- Computation of Marks: For computing percentages of marks obtained in 12th / Equivalent / Diploma examination, the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the mark sheet/grade sheet would be considered irrespective of the Boards regulation.
Bachelor’s Degree Details:
- Undergraduate Details: Enter the details based on whether you are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or have completed your Bachelor’s degree. This section would also apply to those who have an Honours Bachelor’s degree too.
- The candidates who are in the final year of the Bachelor's programme can also apply. But they have to provide the original degree mark sheet or pertaining document before December 31st 2020.
Master Degree Details:
- Post Graduate Details: If you choose to enter your Master’s Degree details, then select if you are currently pursuing it or have completed it.
Other Professional Degree Details:
- Other Degree: If you have a professional degree such as CA, ICWA, CS, then select all that apply specifically to you. However, enter marks only for the degree you have scored the most.
Note: If you have not done any Bachelor's Degree, then completion of any one of the above professional degrees is mandatory and must be filled in CAT Exam Application Form 2019.
- Next step: Click on Save & Continue to proceed to the next section. You must be careful while filling this section in the CAT Exam Application Form 2019.
- Shortlisted Candidates: (If you are shortlisted in CAT 2019 admission rounds, then you are required to produce the original & copies of your academic certificates. If the information on the certificates varies with the information entered in the CAT Exam Application Form 2019, then your admission will be cancelled.) On completion, you can click on the "Save & Continue" button to go to the next section of the CAT Exam Application Form 2019.
Step 3.3: Work Experience:
- Info about Experience: If you have any prior work experience, then you can fill in your experience details in the CAT 2019 Application.
- Paid Experience: The work experience refers to the paid and full-time work done after graduation.
- Click on "Save & Continue" button to proceed to the next section.
Step 3.4: Programmes offered for CAT 2019:
- Selection of Program: In this section, you are supposed to fill the CAT program details such as select the number of CAT programs you wish to apply for.
- Selection of the city: Also, you must select the city for the Interview rounds from the respective drop-down list of CAT centers. However, if you are opting for the PGP/PGDM courses at the following IIMs, then you are advised to select the same city for the Interview rounds for all the further interview rounds.
- IIM Kashipur
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Tiruchirappalli
- IIM Udaipur
Exam Centre City Preferences:
- Selection of Exam Centre/City: You can select any four Test Cities as per your preference from the drop-down menu.
- Allotment of sessions: After the last date of registration, you will be allotted one among the 4 preferred cities and either of the two sessions. In the rare case that you cannot be allotted to any of the preferred cities, you will be allotted to a nearby city
- Notification: This information will be communicated to you on your Admit Card.
Test City: Your CAT 2019 Admit Card will have the name of the exam city along with other details. While selecting the city, the candidates can only select a city only once. To proceed to the final section of the CAT Exam Application Form 2019, click on the Save & Continue button.
CAT Exam Application Form 2019 Fees
The registration fee changes every year. Currently, the application form for CAT 2019 is available for INR 1900 for General Category and for INR. 950 for SC/ST/PWD categories. Extra charges like service charges may be applicable to the final amount.
For General & NC-OBC category
For SC/ST/PWD/DA categories
Step 4: Payment
- Category-wise Payment: A General / NC-OBC candidate will be charged Rs.1900 while an SC/ST /PWD candidate will be charged Rs.950 to take the CAT 2019 examination. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges as per the picture which was taken from the official website.
Step 5: Declaration
- Final step: In the final section, the Declaration window appears, you are supposed to tick " I agree" and click on "Submit and Pay" button.
- Online Payment: You can only make the Payment using a Credit card, Debit card or Net Banking options. After the successful transaction of your payment, a "Payment Successful" message will be displayed on the screen along with the Payment Transaction Number. You will then be redirected to the CAT 2019 website.
- Confirmation of Fee: You will also receive a confirmation email stating the successful submission of your CAT 2019 Application within a few minutes. The email will also contain communication on additional details such as Admit Card download window.
CAT 2019 - Rules To be observed:
- Selection based on Preference: You will have four options to select the test cities in order of your preference. One need not be in a rush during the preliminary registration days to block slots.
- Preference Based: Usually, you will be given your preferred city. In case, you did not get the first preference, the officials will make their best efforts to offer you with the city which has been listed in your list of preferences based on the order of your preferences. Or a nearby city may be allocated to you.
- Mode of Payment: The test fee can be paid via Debit/Credit cards or through internet banking only. The offline payment mode is unavailable in case of CAT Exam Application Form 2019.
CAT 2019 - FAQs
Q. Can I use my institute's or my friend's email address while registering for the exam?
- Ans: No, one must enter one's own email address in the CAT Application form. All further communication will be sent to the candidate via the given mail.
Q. I have changed my name entirely by procedure after completing the degree. Should I mention my name as per degree certificate or enter my new name?
- Ans: You must enter the changed name and produce valid supporting documents for it.