As part of the admission process, the candidates must fill the CAT 2021 application form to appear for the exam. CAT Exam is a national-level exam conducted by the IIMs situated in India. The official schedule for the CAT 2021 exam has been announced by the conducting authorities on the official website. The exam will be held on Nov 28, 2021. The application process started from Aug 4, 2021, and was extended to Sep 22, 2021. The CAT form fill up is an online process.
All the details regarding the CAT application form are discussed below.
Latest Updates for CAT 2021:
- Sep 21, 2021: The CAT 2021 application form correction window will be open to candidates from Sep 25, 2021, to Sep 27, 2021.
- CAT 2021 Application Form Highlights
- How to Fill the CAT Application Form 2021?
- Documents Required to Fill the CAT Application Form 2021
CAT Application Form 2021 Highlights
All the facts one needs to know about the CAT form 2021 can be found here:
|Conducting Institution||IIM Ahmedabad|
|Mode of filling the CAT application form 2021||Online|
|Application Form 2021 Start Date||Aug 4, 2021|
|Application Form 2021 Last Date||Sep 22, 2021|
|CAT Form 2021 Correction Window||Sep 25, 2021 to Sep 27, 2021|
Selection Based on Preference: Candidates can choose six test cities in the CAT online form in order of their preference. One need not be in a rush during the preliminary registration days to block slots.
Preference Based: Usually, the CAT aspirants are given their preferred city. In case, you did not get the first preference, the officials will make their best efforts to offer you the city which has been listed in your list of preferences based on the order of your preferences filled in the CAT registartion form, or a nearby city may be allocated to you.
Mode of Payment: The registration fee for CAT admission form can be paid via Debit/Credit Cards or through Internet Banking.
How to Fill the CAT Application Form 2021?
Wondering how to apply for CAT exam? CAT form filling is an online process. The candidates must fill the form before the CAT application form last date as no late forms will be accepted by the authorities. The aspirants can check the CAT application deadline to never miss any important dates. Candidates have doubts regarding how to fill CAT form, therefore, we have curated the step-by-step procedure for filling the CAT application form 2021 online.
Step 1 - Register yourself for CAT 2021
The 1st step for any candidate appearing for CAT 2021 is to register themselves on the official website. All candidates need to register to obtain User ID and Password. The candidates must fill the form keeping in mind the CAT exam 2021 registration date.
- Visit the official website created for CAT: iimcat.ac.in
- Click on the “Register Now” button and create a profile.
- Registration for User ID and Password: Go through all the instructions given at the top of the CAT 2021 application form. The candidates are advised to fill the application form on the latest version of Internet Explorer or Google Chrome, for a smooth experience. The candidates must be very careful while providing all the details. Any discrepancies found, later on, would lead to the rejection of the candidate's CAT registration form.
- Details Required for CAT Form 2021 Registration: All the details fed by the candidate in the CAT online registration form 2021 must be accurate and to the best of the candidate's knowledge. The entries once made in the CAT online form cannot be corrected under any circumstances. You will need to fill the following information in the CAT 2021 application form.
- Name of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Enter the captcha as displayed in the box provided
- Read the declaration section and click on the “I Agree” button to proceed to submit the CAT form.
- Official Login Information: After submitting the CAT application form 2021 for registration, the will receive their login details on registered email address provided. The CAT login details will contain the user ID and password. The aspirants can log into the official CAT website with these login credentials and start filling in the application form details.
Step 2 - Filling the CAT Exam 2021 Application Form
Login using the user ID and password on the official CAT website and start filling in the application form details. Applicants must fill in the following 6 sections in the CAT 2021 Application Form.
- Personal Information
- Work Experience
- Test City
- Fee Payment
- Instructions: The aspirants should go through the instructions thoroughly before filling the CAT application form 2021. They must fill in the correct details in the CAT form to avoid problems later. Candidates should also be aware that they will not be allowed to continue if mandatory information is not entered or the required certificates are not uploaded. The last section is where you are required to pay the CAT application form fee.
- Payment Process: After paying the CAT application form fees, the candidates will receive a confirmation e-mail. Here, they can take a printout of the CAT form 2021 or save the file. The candidates are not allowed to make any changes in the application form 2021 after this stage. It must be noted that the CAT registration fees will not be accepted after the CAT registration last date.
1. Personal Information to be Filled in the CAT Application Form 2021
- Name of the candidate.
- Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name and Gender.
- Category (under which they will be applying).
- Select the person with disability/differently abled (if relevant).
- Enter the communication address.
- Upload documents (scanned images of passport size photograph, signature, category certificate and PWD/PA certificate).
- Category: Those who belong NC-OBC, SC/ST, they have to download the required certificates from the CAT website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, then self-attest, and scan this as PDF documents to upload them on your CAT 2021 profile.
- Information About PWD: Select 'Yes' in the CAT online form, if you are a person with a disability (PWD) and select details under the PwD Category of disability, Disability Percentage, Wheelchair Support, and Scribe requirement.
- Passport Size Photograph and Signature: Upload the scanned image of your passport photo within the dimensions of 30 mm X 45 mm. Also, upload the scanned image of your signature within the dimensions of 80 mm X 35 mm. The documents file format should be in .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80 KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150 px/inch. The photo should not be more than 6 months old and should have a white background. You will require to affix the same photo uploaded here, on the admit card on the day of the test. The candidates must note that if the photographs are not as per the given specifications, the CAT form will be rejected.
- NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate: The aspirants can download the certificate from the official website by entering the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, self-attest, and scan as PDF document to upload here in CAT 2021 application form. Candidates must also check the CAT exam fees for OBC before filling out the form.
- PWD Certificate: Download the certificate from the official website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, self-attest and scan as a PDF document to upload here.
- Final Step: After completing the application form online, you can click on the Save & Continue button to proceed to the next section of the CAT Application Form 2021.
2. Academic Qualification
In this section, the candidates must enter their educational qualification details. Enter the details in all sections that are applicable to them. Many times the candidates have questions such as what if I entered wrong percentage in CAT form, in such a situation, the candidates need not worry as they will be able to make certain changes once the correction window opens. These sections as they appear in the application form are as follows:
- SSC/10th/Equivalent Details
- HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details
- Bachelor’s Degree Details
- Master’s Degree Details
- Other Professional Degree Details
The candidates should go through all the declarations carefully before accepting them.
- If you have not undergone any bachelor’s degree, then completion of any one of the above professional degrees is mandatory.
- In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective Board/University/Institution. If any Board/University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate's CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.
Originals of all mark sheets will be required at the time of interview.
Click on Save & Continue to proceed to the next section.
3. Work Experience
Candidates who have prior work experience can also apply for CAT 2021.
Candidates should note that only Full-time work experience will be considered. Part-time/Project/Internship/Articleship/Pre-graduation work experience should not be entered and will not be counted as work experience.
Click on Save & Continue to proceed to the next section.
Candidates can select all programmes at once by clicking on the “Select All” checkbox above the programme section. Select the Programme and then select the interview city for that programme as per the cities listed from the respective drop-down list.
5. Test City
Candidates can select any six test cities as per his/her preference from the drop-down menu. After the last date of registration, one among the 6 preferred test cities will be allotted (subject to availability).
Allotment of Sessions: After the last date of registration, you will be allotted one among the 6 preferred cities and either of the three sessions. In the rare case that you cannot be allotted to any of the preferred cities, you will be allotted to a nearby city.
To proceed to the final section of the CAT Form 2021, click on the 'Save & Continue' button.
6. CAT 2021 Application Form Fees
The CAT 2021 application form fees change every year. The CAT exam registration fees is INR 2200 for General Category and INR 1100 for SC/ST/PWD categories. Extra charges like service charges may be added to the final amount, along with CAT application form fees.
|For the General & NC-OBC category||INR 2200|
|For SC/ST/PWD/DA categories||INR 1100|
- Final Step: In the final section, the declaration window appears, you are supposed to tick " I agree" and click on "Submit and Pay" button, to submit the CAT online form.
- Online Payment: You can only make the payment using a credit card, debit card or net banking options. After the successful transaction of your payment, a "Payment Successful" message will be displayed on the screen along with the Payment Transaction Number and a pop-up will appear on the screen with information regarding the CAT application form status. You will then be redirected to the CAT 2021 website. The fee payment must be made as per CAT exam fees in India.
- Confirmation of Fee: You will also receive a confirmation email stating the successful submission of your CAT online form 2021 within a few minutes. The email will also contain communication on additional details such as the admit card download window. The candidates will be able to make changes in the form once the CAT form correction window opens.
Documents Required to Fill the CAT Application Form 2021
Candidates who fill the CAT application form often have a lot of doubts or confusion about the community certificates. We have provided in-detail information regarding the community certificate types and requirements in order to help candidates understand the importance of the process and also to have a hassle-free experience while filling the CAT online form. Details regarding the CAT 2021 caste certificate format are outlined below.
What is an OBC (Other Backward Caste) Certificate?
A CAT OBC Certificate is a piece of evidence for those who belong to a particular caste, especially in case one who belongs to any of the 'Other Backward Castes', as specified in the Indian Constitution.
The CAT OBC certificate format is given in the image below. Students belonging to NC-OBC certificate for CAT also need to be submitted. To know more about what is certificate number of category in CAT form, how to upload caste certificate for CAT, you can check out the official brochure.
Documents Required for Obtaining for OBC Certificate:
- CAT Application Form
- A copy of the Ration Card / copy of Voter Card / copy of Aadhaar card.
- Report regarding caste Kulal/Dharji/Damal/MC/Sarpanch
- Self-declaration Certificate.
The Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) are different and mean the truly distraught individuals in India. The terms are provided in the Constitution of India and there is a clear bifurcation between the two. The CAT SC certificate format is provided below.
The reservation for the disabled candidates is 5% of the total seats and are reserved for CAT 2021. A snapshot of the form to be filled by the candidates who belong to the PwD category is provided below in order to avoid any kind of confusion. This form is to be submitted along with the CAT 2021 online form.
Documents Required to Obtain the PWD Certificate
To obtain PWD Certificate he/she shall submit an application, and the CAT online form shall be submitted along with the following documents, before the CAT 2021 application form last date.
- Proof of residence
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID
- Two recent passport size photographs.
SSC/10th Std/Equivalent Details
Calculation of SSC Scores: For computing percentages of marks obtained in SSC/10th/Equivalent examination, the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the mark sheet/grade sheet would be considered irrespective of the Board's Regulation while filling the CAT form online.
HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details
- Selection of Course: Select Course Type as 12th Std/Equivalent to HSC or school structure of two-year education post 10th standard, else select Diploma.
- Fill the Details: Enter all the relevant details regarding HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course in your CAT 2021 application form.
- Computation of Marks: For computing percentages of marks obtained in 12th / Equivalent / Diploma examination, the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the mark sheet/grade sheet would be considered irrespective of the Boards regulation.
Bachelor’s Degree Details
Undergraduate Details: Enter the details based on whether you are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or have completed your Bachelor’s degree, in the CAT 2021 application form. This section would also apply to those who have a Bachelor’s (Hons.) degree.
The candidates who are in the final year of the Bachelor's programme can also apply by filling the CAT online form, but they have to provide the original degree mark sheet or pertaining document before December 31, 2021.
Master's Degree Details
Post Graduate Details: If you choose to enter your Master’s Degree details, then select if you are currently pursuing it or have completed it in the provided space in your CAT 2021 Application Form.
Other Professional Degree Details
Other Degree: If you have a professional degree such as CA, ICWA, CS, then select all that apply specifically to you. However, enter marks only for the degree you have scored the highest marks in, in your CAT 2021 application form.
- If you have not done any Bachelor's Degree, then completion of any one of the above professional degrees is mandatory and that must be filled in CAT Application Form 2021.
- Shortlisted Candidates: If you are shortlisted in CAT 2021 admission rounds, then you are required to produce the original & copies of your academic certificates. If the information on the certificates varies with the information entered in the CAT form 2021, then your admission will be cancelled.
Click on Save & Continue to proceed to the next section for selecting the test centre. You must be careful while filling this section in the CAT form 2021.
Things to Keep in Mind for CAT 2021 Application Form
The candidates must keep the following key points in mind while filling the CAT 2021 application form.
- Edge Chromium or Mozilla Firefox (version 56 and above) and Google Chrome are the recommended web browsers for filling out the CAT 2021 application form.
- Fill out the application form on a laptop or a desktop computer. Mobile phone are not recommended.
- Before pressing the ‘submit/save key,' double-check all of the information entered on the CAT application form.
- Save a copy of your CAT application fee acknowledgment slip as well as a copy of your completed application form for future use.
- Keep the CAT registration confirmation email until the end of the MBA admissions process.
Errors to Avoid in the CAT Application Process
The application form correction box only allows you to change a few fields, it's best to fill out the form correctly the first time. Check out the tips below to prevent making mistakes on your CAT application form.
- Use a valid email address and a mobile phone number because all communication from the CAT registration to the IIM shortlist will be done by email and mobile.
- Choose your CAT test city carefully because once you've been assigned an exam centre, you won't be able to change it.
- Choose your present city as your first choice for exam centre assignment. Before choosing six cities in order of 1-6, consider how convenient it will be for you to go to the test centre on exam day.
- Choose your IIMs carefully, as you will only be eligible for WAT-PI at the IIMs you specified on the CAT application form.
- IIM interview cities should also be carefully chosen. For each IIM, just two possibilities are available, so choose wisely.
- For classes 10th, 12th, and graduation, enter exact academic scores. Also, be sure to include details about your postgraduate or professional degree, as IIMs will use CAT application forms to determine a candidate's academic record for WAT-PI shortlisting.
- Work experience details should also be entered properly, as the IIMs will use these to shortlist students for WAT-PI.
- Along with the CAT application form, upload valid caste/PWD/Scribe certificates. Candidates may be prevented from taking the exam if the certificates are found to be false.
- Ensure that the fee payment was successful and that you received an email acknowledgment. If the fee payment fails, the form submission will be considered incomplete, and CAT admission will be denied.
Instructions for Reserved Category Students
Candidates belonging to the reserved category must keep the following points in mind while filling the CAT 2021 application form.
- Candidates who intend to apply for the Reserved category must adhere to the procedures provided expressly for them.
- Check the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC) website for the Caste/Tribe name that applies to you.
- It is necessary to submit the Resaved category form. Download the EWS, NC-OBC, SC/ST Certificate from the official CAT 2021 website, fill it out, self-attest it, scan it as a PDF document, and upload it to the CAT website.
- If you're applying under the Persons with Disabilities (PwD) category, print the Persons with Disabilities (PwD) Certificate from the CAT website, fill in the needed information and self-attest, then scan as a PDF document to upload the certificates to the website.
- In the CAT 2021 application form, make sure to choose data under PwD Category - Wheelchair Support and Scribe Requirement.
- Fill out the Scribe Affidavit form on the CAT website and arrange for a scribe yourself if you will be using a scribe to write the exam for you.
CAT 2021 Application Form Correction
Once the form correction window opens, candidates can use the methods below to upload a better photograph and image of their signature, as well as amend their test city option.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.Log on to CAT 2021 website.
- Step 2: Login using credentials.
- Step 3: Click on 'Application Form Correction' Link.
- Step 4: Make changes and enter CAPTCHA code and click on continue to complete the process.
CAT Application Form 2021 - FAQs
1. Can I use my institute's or my friend's email address while registering for the exam?
No, one must enter one's own email address in the CAT application form 2021. All further communication will be sent to the candidate via the given mail address.
2. I have changed my name entirely by procedure after completing the degree. Should I mention my name as per the degree certificate or enter my new name in the CAT form?
You must enter the changed name in your CAT online form and produce valid supporting documents for it.
3. Can I make changes to the application form of CAT?
The candidates can make changes to the application form before submitting it. No changes will be allowed once it is submitted. However, the correction window will let you edit the application form. The candidates will not be allowed to change the EMail ID and registered mobile number at any point during the process or even during the form correction process.
4. How can I submit the application fee for the CAT?
You can submit the application fee of CAT by any online mode of payment such as net banking, debit card or credit card. Candidates can also use apps like Paytm, Google Pay,PhonePay ,etc to make online payments.