National Testing Agency (NTA) is responsible for formulating CMAT exam pattern. According to exam pattern, the test will comprise four distinct sections, namely Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, Quantitative Techniques, Data Interpretation, and General Awareness.
Exam Pattern is very crucial to understand before appearing for CMAT and candidates need to know about exam pattern thoroughly before appearing for CMAT 2020 exam. Question Pattern involved is highlighted below:
- Each section will have 25 questions with each question carrying four marks. A total of 100 questions would be asked and the maximum score will be 400 (100 x4).
- Prospective test takers should be aware that there will be a negative marking of -1 mark for each incorrect answer.
- As per CMAT Paper Pattern, the exam will be conducted in online mode in two shifts (Morning and Afternoon).
The time duration of CMAT entrance exam will be 3 hours (180 minutes). There will be no sectional time limit. Apart from these further details are given below for the aspirants of AICTE-CMAT 2020.
|Type||Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Number of Sections||4 Sections (25 Questions Each)|
|Sections||Language Comprehension, Quantitative Techniques, and Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning and General Awareness.|
|Type of Questions||The questions will be objective (MCQ) based on the CMAT 2020 Syllabus.|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Marking||+4 marks for a Correct answer.|
|Negative Marking||-1 mark for an incorrect answer.|
|Timings||9:30 to 12:30|
CMAT 2020 scoring pattern is very simple. Each correct answer will be awarded +4 marks and for every incorrect answer mark deduction in CMAT is about 1 mark. CMAT section-wise scoring pattern is given below:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
Section-based Exam Pattern
A graphical overview of the above scoring pattern is given below:
CMAT Paper Pattern - Guidelines
Guidelines for exam pattern of CMAT are highlighted as below. Every aspirant must know the syllabus for CMAT and Preparation tips for CMAT Exam along with test patterns to prepare in the best way.
- Test takers can move back and forth between any of the four sections and answer in any order of their preference.
- No negative marking for unanswered questions.
- In CMAT 2020, the candidate will be seated at the desk with a computer terminal and he/she will be provided with a scratch paper for calculation.
- Test takers are not permitted to carry scratch paper outside the exam centre and are advised to keep the same at the desk once they complete their examination.