Get admission into MBA and MCA courses in Kakatiya University, JNTU Hyderabad with the help of the TS ICET 2019 Exam. Want to know how to crack the TS ICET Examination? Follow the simple preparation tips given below.
***TS ICET 2019 Results Declared - Download Now***
- What is TS-ICET Exam?
- Courses Offered
- Exam Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Prepare for TS ICET?
- Application Form
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Exam Centres
- Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is TS ICET Exam?
Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TS ICET) is conducted every year by Kakatiya University, Warangal on behalf of Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE), Hyderabad for admission in MBA & MCA professional courses. A total number of 23,358 seats are available in 100+ b-schools in and around Telangana through TS ICET 2019.
- Level: TS ICET 2019 is a state level entrance examination.
- Conducting Authority: TS ICET is conducted by Kakatiya University on behalf of Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE).
- Courses offered: Telangana Integrated Common Entrance Test or TS ICET 2019 offers admission in (MBA) Masters Of Business Applications / (MCA) Masters of computer applications courses.
- Mode: TS ICET 2019 is conducted through the online mode i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT). Candidates must hold a Bachelors degree to apply for the examination.
- Questions & Duration: 200 objective type question will be asked in TS ICET 2019 in a duration of 2 hours 30 minutes. Where every question carries one mark each and absolutely no negative marking included for an incorrect answer.
- The question paper is divided into three different Sections, A, B and C which would be conducted in English and Telugu, where the Section-C especially is conducted in English.
- Admissions: TS ICET 2019 Admission will be based on counselling where the students will be allotted seats as per the rank secured in the TS ICET 2019.
Note: TS ICET2019 is also conducted in Urdu medium, which has only been assigned for one section.
TS ICET 2019 Highlights:
|Exam Name||Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test|
Kakatiya University on behalf of Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE)
|Courses Offered||MBA/ MCA|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type and No. of Question||200 Objective Type Questions|
|Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
The courses that are offered under the TS ICET 2019 exam are as follows
|Master of Computer Applications (MCA)||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||2 years|
Along with the MBA, there are other management related courses that are offered under the TS ICET 2019 Exam. Some of the universities participating in the TS ICET are given below:
|1.||JNT University, Hyderabad||JNTU-H|
|4.||Mahatma Gandhi University||MGU|
|6.||Prof. Jayashankar Agricultural University||PJSAU|
|7.||Dr B.R. Ambedkar Open University||BRAOU|
The official notification for the exam is released by the Kakatiya University in the month of February.
- Application Form: TS ICET 2019 Application Form will be available on the official website from 6th March 2019 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on 30th April 2019.
- Admit Card: Candidates who have completed the registration process will receive the Admit Card for TS ICET 2019 on 7th May 2019
- Exam Date: TS ICET 2019 will be conducted as a Computer-Based Test (CBT Online) on 23rd May 2019.
- Result Date: Result will be declared in the form of Scorecard on the official website on 14th June 2019, the candidate can also download the scorecard.
The following table contains the TS ICET 2019 Exam Dates
|Release of Online TS ICET 2019 Application Form||6th March 2019|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||30th April 2019|
|Last Date to Submit with Late Fee of ₹5000||18th May 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||7th May 2019|
|TS ICET 2019 Exam Dates||23rd May 2019 to 24th May 2019|
|Release of Preliminary Answer Key||31st May 2019|
|Results Date||14th June 2019|
|Release of Final Answer Key||14th June 2019|
|TS ICET Counselling Date||1st week of July 2019|
The Kakatiya University of Warangal has notified the following criteria for taking the TS ICET Exam.
- Qualification: Candidates should have a Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 3 years of duration from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% of marks (45% for SC/ST candidates). The candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying exam can also apply for the exam provided that their results will be declared on or before the TS ICET Counselling Process.
- Domicile and Age: The candidates should satisfy the local/ non-local status requirements and should be of Indian origin. Candidates other than Indian Nationals should satisfy rules prescribed by the concerned University. TS ICET 2019 Eligibility has no restriction on age to take the exam.
- No. of Attempts: There is no set limit for the number of attempts that a candidate can have for the TS ICET Exam.
How To Prepare for TS ICET?
The preparation for TS ICET is not a long and hard journey but one that is filled with patience. Follow the steps given below and you might just get more marks than you expected.
Know Your Exam
The best way to face any opponent is to first know what they are. In this case, the opponent is your exam and you need to know the pattern and the structure of the exam. So, start by gathering the old TS ICET question papers, Mock Test Papers and then try to understand the basic structure of it like the total number of questions, type of questions, marking scheme and the difficulty level of the questions in each section. This will make you realize the proper way to approach the exam, that will be best suited for you.
Create a Personal Schedule
You are the only person that knows your strengths and weaknesses, so you need to prepare a good and disciplined schedule that clearly incorporates your way of preparation. After having ascertained what sections need works, prepare a plan that divides topics to be covered and time to allot to each topic. But just creating a schedule for the sake of creating the schedule is of no use if you don't stick to it until you achieve your goal. So you need to make sure that you are strictly adhering your schedule.
Practice like the Exam is tomorrow
Sometimes you might get bored to keep practising the sample questions. You might even stop taking them seriously. But the easiest way to avoid these things is to convince yourself that the next day is the exam and you are still a long way from learning all of those questions. This sense of urgency will automatically convert your mindset to care put in more concentration into the practice.
The three sections in the TS ICET are Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Skills.
- Analytical Ability: The questions in this section are usually based on patterns, so only the practice can help the candidates to do well in this section. Learn the shortcuts of solving the questions.
- Mathematical Ability: The basic mathematical skills that are of the 10th class standard are needed to attempt this section. The basic algorithm of attempting Mathematical Ability questions is a comprehension of a question, interpretation of what is given and what is required and solving the problems.
- Communication Skills: This section needs the candidate to go through a range of reading materials. Also, learn the words and rules of grammar.
The registration process for TS ICET is completely online and requires the candidate to register in the official website.
- Application Date: TS ICET 2019 Application Form will be available on the official website from 6th March 2019 till 30th April 2019.
- Enter the Required Details: Enter the necessary details into the sections such as the candidate's name, qualifying exam hall ticket number, date of birth, mobile number, email id, category, payment type etc.
- Application fee: The candidates have to pay INR 650/- as TS ICET 2019 Application fee (INR 450/- for SC/ST Candidates) by visiting the official site.
- Documents Required: The candidates have to upload their Photographs and Signature in JPEG format while filling the application form. The file size should not exceed 30kb and 15kb respectively.
Finally, the candidates have to accept the declaration and submit the form. It is advised that the candidate take a print out of the form for use at subsequent stages of the selection process.
The Exam is a paper-based test (PBT). According to TS ICET exam pattern, the state level entrance test will be conducted online in a two-day session.
- Topics: TS ICET 2019 Exam Pattern consists of 200 marks which comprise of three sections namely Analytical Ability, Reasoning Ability, and Communication skills.
- Duration: The TS ICET is conducted online in selected Exam Centre. It has a total duration of 2 hours and 30 mins (150 minutes).
- Marks: One mark will be awarded for each correct response and there is no negative marking.
- Medium: TS ICET will be conducted in English and Telugu medium. English only for Section-C and English & Telugu for Section-A & Section-B of the question paper.
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Medium of Examination||English and Telugu|
|Total Duration||150 minutes|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Total number of sections||3 (Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability, Communication Ability)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of choices per question||4|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for the correct answer; 0 marks for unanswered questions; No negative marking for the incorrect answer|
TS ICET Syllabus for MBA consists of 3 major sections which are subdivided into 6 subsections to evaluate the knowledge and skills of the test takers.
- Syllabus: TS ICET 2019 Syllabus is based on the curriculum of class 10+2. It evaluates a candidate’s quantitative, verbal/reading and reasoning skills.
- Analytical Section: TS ICET Syllabus consist of the Analytical section includes topics from Data Sufficiency (20 marks) and Problem Solving (55 marks).
- Mathematical Section: Mathematical section includes topics from Arithmetic (35 marks), Algebra (15 marks), Geometry (15 marks), and Statistics (10 marks).
- Communication Ability: The communication section consists of vocabulary, business and computer terminology, functional grammar and reading comprehension.
The section-wise pattern is given in the table below
|Analytical Ability||75||75||Two and a half hours|
Candidates can download the Admit card from 7th May 2019 form the official website.
- Credentials: The candidates who need the TS ICET 2019 Admit Card have to enter their registered E-mail/ Application Number in order to download their Admit card/ Hall Ticket.
- Specifics: Admit Card contains the Candidate's Name, Exam Date, Photograph, Signature, Exam Centre, Phone Number on their Admit Card.
- Admission: TS ICET Admit Card is also a necessary document for the Counselling Process and subsequent admission procedures.
- Additional Documents: Along with the admit card, the candidates should also take at least one of the photo identity proof like the Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Voter's Card, or Driving License.
Note: No candidate will be allowed into the examination hall without the Admit Card.
The exam centres of TS ICET are the venues where the online test is conducted. The exam conducting body reserves the right to add or cancel TS ICET exam centres.
- Choice of Exam Centers: TS ICET 2019 Exam Centres are spread all across the state of Telangana, the candidates have to select their preferred Exam Centres while filling the Application Form.
- Test Centres: Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TS ICET) is held across 16 Regional Test Centers in Telangana State.
- Locations: Some of the Exam Centres for TS ICET are listed here, Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Mahabubnagar, Rangareddy, Kurnool, Tirupati, Vijayawada etc.
TS ICET Test Center
TS ICET Test Center
Originally, the result was scheduled to be declared on June 13, however, it has been postponed by a day. TSICET result will be declared online and candidates can access the same from the official website.
- Date: TS ICET 2019 Results will be available on the official website from 14th June 2019 which will be released by the conducting authority.
- Qualifying Marks: For General/ OBC candidate has to secure minimum 25% marks and for SC/ ST category candidates there is no such qualification.
- Tie-breaking: If more than one candidate scores same in the TS ICET 2019, the tie-breaking will be done by considering the marks scored by the candidate in Section A, Section B and the age of the candidate.
- Cut-off: TS ICET Cut off is the minimum score required to secure admission in MBA and MCA courses offered by various colleges an institutions in the state of Telangana.
- Merit List: Based on the Results, the conducting body will announce the Merit List.
Based on the TS ICET Merit List, qualified candidates will proceed to the TS ICET Counselling.
- Eligibility: The candidates who have successfully cleared the TS ICET can participate in the Counselling Process which will begin on 27th June 2019.
- Process: The candidates have to first register for the TS ICET 2019 Counselling Process, then carry out the TS ICET 2019 document verification process. After the certificate verification, the conducting body will release an online portal for the candidates where they have to enter their preference of colleges in the online portal and lock it.
- Seat Allotment: Admission to 85% of seats shall be reserved for the local candidates. 15% of the seats shall be left unreserved, as specified in the AP Educational Institutions order 1974 as amended. During the seat allotment process, those choices that have been locked before the deadline will be considered for seat allocation.
- Payment of Fee: The next step is the payment of the fee. Candidates are required to download the bank challan from the online website. The fee can be paid in any of the Andhra Bank or Indian Bank in the state of Telangana.
Instructions for TS ICET 2019
Some of the important instructions regarding the TS ICET are given below:
- Reach on or before the time mentioned on the Admit Card
- Electronic gadgets are not allowed inside the examination hall
- Students can take the plain clipboard along with them in the examination hall but, they must ensure nothing should be written on the board.
- Only two Black or Blue ballpoint pens are allowed
- Xerox copy of photo ID proof
- Students should carry the same passport size photograph as the one uploaded while filling the TS ICET online form.
- Print a copy of the TS ICET Admit Card is mandatory.
Contact the Conducting Authority in case if you face any problems with any process of the Exam.
- Address: University College of Commerce and Business Management, Kakitiya University, Vidyaranyapuri, Warangal-506009 (Telangana), India
- Phone: 0870-2438088
- Fax: 0870-2458088
- Official Website: icet.tsche.ac.in
Q. What will be the mode of the TS ICET 2019?
Ans. Starting from the year 2019, the exam will be made completely online.
Q. What should I bring to the exam centre along with the TS ICET Admit Card?
Ans. Along with the Admit Card, the candidate also needs to bring a valid and original photo identity proof.
Q. Shall I get my TS ICET 2019 Admit Card in e-mail?
Ans. No. The admit card for the TS ICET should be downloaded from the official website.
Q. I am a student of graduation final year. Am I eligible for applying to TS ICET 2019?
Ans. Yes. You are eligible to apply and attempt the exam, provided that you secure the least required marks for the exam.
Q. What happens if I fail to register for TS ICET by 30th April 2019?
Ans. I some case you have failed to register for the TS ICET by 30th April 2019, then there is an extended period with late fee of ₹5000 until 16th of May 2019.
Q. How many marks do I need to secure to crack the TS ICET Exam?
Ans. The qualifying mark of the exam is 50 of 200. The candidates ranking will be based on the merit in the examination.
Q. How can I pay the registration fee of TS ICET 2019?
Ans. TS Online, AP Online, Mee Seva, and e-Seva centres are the ways through which the registration fee of TS ICET exam is done. Some additional ways are through a payment gateway like credit cards, debit cards, or net banking.
Q. How should I submit the application form of TS ICET?
Ans. The application form can only be only submitted through online mode and cannot be bought to designated centres.
Q. Should I upload any certificates at the time of registration?
Ans. No. You don't need to submit any certificates during the process of registration.
Q. What if I don't have an E-mail Id?
Ans. It is not a mandatory issue that the candidate should be having the E-mail Id, but it would be better to have an email id because the candidates can receive updates about the exam through the emails.