SNAP 2022 registration has commenced from Aug 4, 2022 on the official website. The last date to register for the exam is Nov 24, 2022. The exam is scheduled to be conducted on Dec 10, Dec 18 and Dec 23, 2022. The result for the exam will be declared on Jan 10, 2023.
Through SNAP, candidates can apply for admission to different programs such as MBA, M.Sc (Computer Application), and M.Sc (System Security) programs in one of the 16 Symbiosis International University branches across Pune, Nashik, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Nagpur. Check SNAP 2022 Application Form.
|SNAP 2022 Exam Dates||SNAP 2022 Eligibility|
|SNAP 2022 Admit Card||SNAP 2022 Syllabus|
Keep reading this article to find more information about the SNAP 2022 exam.
Latest Updates for SNAP:
- Aug 5, 2022: SNAP 2022 registration has commenced from Aug 4, 2022. Read More
Table of Contents
- SNAP 2022 Application Form
- SNAP 2022 Admit Card
- About SNAP
- SNAP 2022 Exam Date
- SNAP 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- SNAP 2022 Syllabus
- SNAP 2022 Exam Pattern
- SNAP 2022 Exam Centres
- SNAP 2022 Answer key
- SNAP 2022 Result
- SNAP Exam Analysis
- SNAP 2022 Cut off
- SNAP 2022 Counselling
- SNAP 2022 Preparation Tips
- SNAP 2022 Reference Books
- SNAP 2022 Participating Institutes
Candidates aspiring to take admission to any of the MBA programmes offered by any Institute of Symbiosis International (Deemed University) [SIU] must note that they mandotorily have to appear for the SNAP 2022 exam.
SNAP 2022 Application Form
SNAP 2022 registration process has begun from Aug 4, 2022 on the official website. Interested candidates can register themselves with a valid ID and password. The SNAP 2022 exam will be conducted on Dec 10, Dec 18 and Dec 23, 2022. The last date to register for the exam is Nov 24, 2022. All the tests are slated to be conducted in slots from 2 PM - 3 PM.
A registration fee of INR 1950 per test (government taxes would be additional as and when applicable) will have to be paid as part of the process. The result for the exam will be declared on Jan 10, 2022. Candidates must note that no change in name, date of birth, category, test city and test date can be made once the registration fee is paid.
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria carefully before proceeding for the registration.
By filling in the SNAP 2022 application form, candidates will be able to register to 25+ MBA programs offered by 16+ institutions of Symbiosis International (Deemed University). Candidates can choose to write the exam in any of the 94 exam centers available. If the candidates get shortlisted for the applied program, then they will have to participate in the further admission process (GE-PIWAT) of that program.
A walkthrough of the SNAP 2022 Registration Process is given below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of "SNAP 2022".
- Step 2: Find and click on the "Register Now" link.
- Step 3: Candidates can fill in their details and exam choices carefully.
- Step 4: Candidates can pay the fees online or offline i.e. demand draft.
- Step 5: As soon as the payment is done, a candidate can download a copy of the SNAP application form.
Read More: SNAP Application Form 2022
SNAP 2022 Admit Card
The SNAP 2022 admit card will be released by SIU on Dec 5, 2022 for SNAP Test 1 and Dec 10, 2022 for SNAP Test 2 and 3. This SNAP admit card contains important information regarding the candidate's details, SNAP exam venue, exam session, exam date, etc. The candidate must produce the admit card at the exam center. Without it, he/she will not be allowed to attempt the exam.
How to Download SNAP 2022 Admit Card?
- Step 1: To download the SNAP 2022 admit card, candidates have to visit the official website first.
- Step 2: Log in with the registered SNAP 2022 ID and password.
- Step 3: Click on the ' Download Admit Card' link.
- Step 4: Cross-check all details and allotted exam centers on the admit card.
- Step 5: Download the Admit card and take a few printouts.
Read More: SNAP Admit Card 2022
The full form of SNAP is Symbiosis National Aptitude Test, which is a common written test and is conducted by Symbiosis University, Pune. This institute lies under one of the most reputed management exams in India. SNAP 2022 exam is conducted to offer admissions into MBA courses, and the program is offered by top Symbiosis Institutes affiliated with Symbiosis University (SIU), Pune. The SNAP test is conducted online, and candidates who secure the top rank in the exam and, of course, qualifying the SNAP 2022 cut-off will be called in for the counselling process.
|Full Form||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Authority||Symbiosis International (Deemed) University (SIU)|
|Exam Duration||1 hour|
|Exam Fees||INR 1950|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Frequency||Once a Year|
|Courses offered||MBA, M.Sc (CA) / M.Sc (SS)|
SNAP 2022 exam is expected to hold a moderate difficulty level. Apart from this, its question paper will contain 60 questions, divided into two sections, i.e. normal and special sections.
SNAP 2022 marks card contains percentile marks which is a relative measure of the performance which depends on how good/bad other test takers perform. Payment of fees can be made both in online and offline mode. Shortlisted students will be eligible for the final selection process. The selection process for SNAP 2022 will occur in 3 rounds, i.e., Group Exercise, Personal Interview, and Writing Ability Test (WAT).
SNAP occurs at the end of every year to select qualified students for MBA admission into any institutes under the Symbiosis Umbrella. SNAP 2022 Test has an easier exam pattern as compared to other competitive management exams such as CAT, IIFT, and XAT. It is very important and beneficial to practice the SNAP 2022 mock tests to score better in the exam.
Candidates securing top ranks in the SNAP 2022 exam will be called for the counselling process. The candidates who will clear the process of counselling successfully will have a major probability of getting admission into any SIU, Pune affiliated Symbiosis colleges.
Symbiosis Entrance Test marks will be valid and accepted only by the 15 participating institutes under Symbiosis University. Other similar and competitive entrance tests with the same level of difficulty as SNAP are CMAT, NMAT, etc.
SNAP 2022 Exam Date
As per the SNAP 2022 notification, the important event dates related to the SNAP examination such as the SNAP exam dates have been tabulated below.
|SNAP 2022 Registration Starts from||Aug 4, 2022|
|End Date for Registration||Nov 24, 2022|
|Last date to pay the SNAP 2022 Registration Fee||Nov 24, 2022|
|End of Registration for MBA, MBA(BA), MBA(QF) at SIBM Bengaluru||Nov 24, 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||
Dec 5, 2022 for SNAP Test 1
Dec 10, 2022 for SNAP Test 2 and 3
|SNAP 2022 Exam Date||
Test 1 - Dec 10, 2022
Test 2 - Dec 18, 2022
Test 3 - Dec 23, 2022
|Declaration of Results||Jan 10, 2023|
|Release of the List of Shortlisted Candidates for GD & PI||To be Announced|
Read More: SNAP Exam Date 2022
SNAP 2022 Exam Fees
The registration fee for SNAP 2022 is INR 1950. Students could either pay it online or offline mode. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
The following modes of payment were accepted for the SNAP 2022 exam:
- Billdesk Payment Gateway
- Easebuzz Payment Gateway
- Indian Bank Payment Gateway
- Demand Draft (DD)
|Registration Fee||INR 1950|
|Registration Fee (per program per institute)||INR 1000|
SNAP 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria hold a key to take the SNAP 2022 exam. Aspirants must go through these factors carefully while applying to write the exam. The eligibility factors for SNAP 2022 eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
Citizens of any country can apply for this exam. These include people who are:
- Citizens of India
- Overseas Candidate of India (OCI)
- Non-Residents Indian (NRI)
- Foreign National
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)
Note: Aspirants who have completed their undergraduate degree from a university abroad will need to attain an equivalency certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The association will cross-check their degrees before granting them admission to any Indian University. This is to prevent the possibility of fraud and unsolicited degree certificates.
No age limit has been prescribed to write for the SNAP 2022 entrance test.
Qualifications for students of different categories for SNAP 2022 are different and criteria of qualification are mentioned below.
- For General Category: an average of 50% marks in their undergraduate studies.
- For Reserved Category: an average of 45% marks in their undergraduate studies.
- Aspiring candidates who have completed their graduation from foreign universities must get the verification from the AIU (Association of Indian Universities) to ensure that the candidates are eligible for admissions into various management courses.
- The Equivalence Division of the AIU (Association of Indian Universities) will issue an equivalence certificate.
- Foreign Nationals are required to apply for SNAP through the Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE).
- Specific conditions of the eligibility criteria will apply for admissions to different courses. Candidates must ensure to check the eligibility criteria of the course of their choice.
- Students having backlogs in the final exam results are not eligible for admissions.
Read More: SNAP Eligibility 2022
SNAP 2022 Syllabus
For the SNAP exam, various topics have been assigned under each section. SNAP 2022 syllabus is given below as highlighted topics. These are the topics that candidates are advised to focus on.
Section 1: General English (Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability)
This section is completely based on the English Language, and the important parts covered in this section are Reading Comprehension Passages, Verbal Reasoning, and Verbal Ability.
Reading Comprehension (RC) - Passages: This section shall contain 10-12 questions based on the topics listed below:
- 2 Reading Comprehension Passage accompanied by 10 questions related to them.
- RC topics are based on Facts, Opinions, Literature, Current Affairs among others.
- RC passages do not contain many difficult questions. Questions will be basic with mediocre difficulty.
- These questions will be based on the comprehension provided.
Verbal Ability (VA): This section will have 20-22 questions based on the topics mentioned below:
- Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms, and Antonyms.
- Idioms & Phrases, Vocabulary usage.
- Errors-finding in sentences.
- Core Grammar usage – Conditionals, Active & Passive voices, Indirect Narration, etc.
Verbal Reasoning: This section will have 2-4 questions based on the topics given below:
- Critical Reasoning
- Identifying Parts of Speech
Section 2: Mathematical Ability (Quantitative Ability (QA), Data Interpretation (DI) and Data Sufficiency)
This section syllabus has questions based on Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency. Data Interpretation questions will be limited because sometimes, they prove to be lengthier than questions based on Quantitative Aptitude and consume a major chunk of time allotted.
Quantitative Ability (QA): This section will contain 20-24 Questions based on the following topics.
- Number System
- Arithmetic - Percentage, Profit-Loss, Interest, Time-Speed-Distance, Averages, Ratio, etc.
- Linear Equations; Quadratic Equations
- Binomial Theorem
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Probability Functions
- Set Theory
- Mixtures and Allegations
- Coordinate Geometry
Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency: This section will comprise of 10-12 questions based on topics mentioned below.
- Graphs-Pie Chart
- Bar Graph
Section 3: Current Affairs
As per the revamp done by the SIU, Pune, the Current Affairs section of the SNAP Exam has become easier to attempt for candidates. The Current Affairs section will have questions based on happenings in the past 2 years.
Major topics covered will be Economics, Finance, National, and International current affairs.
- Business & Economics
- Personalities & Awards
- International Events
- Science and Technology
- Missions of Countries
Section 4: Analytical and Logical Ability
This section comprises questions from areas like computing, visualization, articulation, and problem-solving. SNAP syllabus contains the following topics.
- Blood Relations
- Seating Arrangement
- Direction Sense
- Clocks & Calendars
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Sequence & Series
- Meaningful Words, Matrix
- Visual Reasoning
- Critical Reasoning
- Verbal and Miscellaneous Reasoning
Read More: SNAP Syllabus 2022
SNAP 2022 Exam Pattern
SNAP 2022 exam pattern is quite simple. Candidates must know the exam pattern thoroughly to plan and prepare effectively for the exam. SNAP 2022 exam pattern is highlighted below in the tabular format.
|Section||No. of Ques. (A)||Marks allotted- Section A||Total Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension (RC), Verbal Reasoning & Verbal Ability (VA)||15||1||15|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning (LR)||25||1||25|
|Data Interpretation (DI), Quantitative Aptitude and Data Sufficiency||20||1||20|
Essentially, SNAP 2022 will be held 3 times in the computer-based test mode and the SNAP 2022 exam duration is now changed to 60 minutes i.e. 1 hour. A negative marking of 0.25 marks is applicable. A candidate will have to use a virtual keyboard for typing the answers to special questions apart from Multiple Choice Questions. Candidates can also go through the preparation tips available for SNAP in this article after understanding the SNAP 2022 Syllabus.
Read More: SNAP Exam Pattern 2022
SNAP 2022 Exam Centres
SNAP test locations will be located in various cities throughout various states of India. This year, SNAP will be conducted in about 94 cities throughout India. The preferences for the city must be given while filling up the application form. Based on availability, seats will be allotted. Some of the SNAP 2022 exam centres are as follows.
Read More: SNAP Exam centres 2022
SNAP 2022 Answer Key
The conducting authority will release the answer key a few weeks after the successful conduction of the SNAP 2022 exam. Candidates can compare their answers with the official answer key to get an idea about the possible score even before the announcement of the results. Candidates can follow the steps given below to view the answer key.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Click on the 'SNAP 2022 Answer key' link in the notification section of the homepage.
- Step 3: Enter the SNAP 2022 Registration ID and password to sign in.
- Step 4: View and download the answer key pdf.
- Step 5: Take a printout of the same and compare the answers.
SNAP 2022 Objection to Answer key
Candidates can challenge the answer key released by the conducting authority. The window to raise objection to the answer key will be open for three days. Candidates can raise objections on the official website by paying a certain amount as objection fee. Candidates can follow the steps given below to do so.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Click on the 'SNAP 2022 Answer key ' tab from the homepage.
- Step 3: Enter the SNAP ID and registration number to login.
- Step 4: Click on the question you want to challenge.
- Step 5: Fill in relevant details in each section and click on the 'save ' button.
- Step 6: Upload documents supporting your answer.
- Step 7: Pay the required amount using the available payment methods and click on 'submit '.
Read More: SNAP Answer Key 2022
SNAP 2022 Result
The announcement of the SNAP 2022 result will be on Jan 10, 2023. To check results, candidates need to visit the SNAP official website and log in with their registered ID and password.
Candidates can take a print out of their SNAP 2022 results and keep it for future reference. This might have to be produced on several occasions for the selection process that will follow at Symbiosis University.
- Step 1: Candidates should visit the official website of SNAP.
- Step 2: In the notification section click on the 'Results ' link.
- Step 3: Fill in the SNAP Test ID and password in order to log in.
- Step 4: View and download the result.
- Step 5: Take a printout of the same for future references.
The events for processing of final SNAP 2022 result along with respective weightage is given in below table format:
|Events for Processing SNAP Final Result||Weightage given|
|SNAP Entrance test Scores shown in the results||50|
|Group Exercise after the results||10|
|Personal Interaction after the results||30|
|Writing Ability Test after the results||10|
Read More: SNAP Results
SNAP 2022 Exam Analysis
SNAP 2022 exam is yet another management exam after CAT that is usually held in December every year. The number of candidates who took the SNAP exam last year was around 50,000. As the exam pattern of SNAP has been changed, the GK section was scrapped in SNAP 2019. Given below are a few pointers about the exam last year:
- The SNAP 2019 exam was relatively easier when compared to SNAP 2018.
- The General English section was the easiest, it had two RC passages which were also much easy to crack. Candidates could have easily attempted 30 questions.
- The Logical Section was also comparatively easier. Most of the questions were conventional and based on Family Tree, Arrangements, Clocks, etc. In this section, a potential candidate could have attempted over 30 questions easily.
- The quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation section was the only section that was lengthy. But all questions were easy.
Candidates will be ranked based on their SNAP score to get admitted into top Symbiosis Institutes like SIBM Pune, SIBM Hyderabad, SIBM Bangalore, etc.
SNAP 2022 Cut Off
Cut off is the criteria that aspiring candidates need to meet to qualify for the SNAP exam 2022 and advance to the next stage of selection. SNAP 2022 cut off is determined by factors like the number of appearing candidates, the difficulty of question paper, etc.
The expected cut off for SNAP 2022 is provided in a table format below.
|Colleges||Expected Cut Off %|
Read More: SNAP Cut Off
SNAP 2022 Counselling
SNAP 2022 counselling will be conducted at the concerning colleges. The counselling process will be conducted by the constituent colleges separately. Based on the SNAP score, selected candidates will be called in for the counselling process. Thus, the higher the rank, the higher the chances to be called for counselling. Further, shortlisted candidates will have to appear for Group Exercise, Personal Interaction, and Written Ability Test (GE-PIWAT) rounds based on which they are finally selected.
Other candidates who did not attend all stages of the exam will be considered ineligible for any kind of Postgraduate program under Symbiosis International University. The marks distribution for different sections in the SNAP counselling process is given in the below table format. The highest weightage is given to the SNAP score followed by a Personal Interview.
|SNAP Score (Scaled down to 50)||Group Exercise (GE)||Personal Interaction (PI)||Writing Ability Test (WAT)||Total|
Read More: SNAP Counselling
SNAP 2022 Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow the below guidelines to prepare for the SNAP 2022 exam.
- Candidates must thoroughly go through the syllabus and exam pattern to familiarize themselves with how the exam questions will appear.
- Candidates must take the time to practice mock tests and question papers that are available online and time themselves.
- Maintain a proper balance between the speed of solving a question and the accuracy of your answer, because both these factors will be affecting the total score.
- It is also recommended to go through the instructions on the admit card so as to not have any doubts regarding the exam day procedures.
- Experts have recommended a good night's sleep and an ample amount of food will really boost your headspace before and during the examination.
SNAP 2022 Mock Test
Candidates can access the SNAP 2022 mock test which will help them to be prepared for the SNAP 2022 exam.
- Candidates must go through the exam pattern thoroughly to appear for the SNAP 2022 mock test. It will include three sections
- General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability.
- Analytics and Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
- The score obtained during the SNAP 2022 mock test will not be taken into consideration on any of the formal exam procedures. It is only conducted to help candidates for the main exam.
Read More: SNAP Mock Test 2022
SNAP 2022 Reference Books
Here a few recommended SNAP 2022 reference books that will help in effective preparation.
|Book||Author / Publication|
|Argent SNAP and General Knowledge||Disha and Arihant|
|Manorama Yearbook||Malayala Manorama|
|Ace the SNAP||IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd|
|Map the SNAP Test||R. K. Jha|
|Map the SNAP Symbiosis National Aptitude Test||Arihant|
|SNAP Symbiosis National Aptitude Test||(Solved Papers)|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Arihant Descriptive General English||S. P. Bakshi|
|Data Analysis and Logical Reasoning||R.S Aggarwal|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay|
|Reasoning & Aptitude 2016||Nem Singh|
Read More: SNAP Books 2022
SNAP 2022 Participating Institutes
Symbiosis University has different campuses throughout India. The list of programs offered through the SNAP 2022 exam is provided in the table below.
|Name of the Institutes||Seat intakes||Courses Offered|
|SIBM, Pune||220||MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)|
|SITM, Pune||120||MBA (Telecom Management)|
|SIMC, Pune||120||MBA (Communication Management)|
|SIOM, Nashik||120||MBA (Operations Management)|
|SIHS, Pune||77||MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management)|
|SSBF, Pune||50||MBA (Banking and Finance)|
|SSSS, Pune||NA||MBA (Sports Sciences)|
SNAP 2022 Exam Contact Details
Please feel free to contact conducting authority through the following:
For General Queries
Address: Symbiosis Test Secretariat,
Symbiosis International Deemed University,
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi,
District: Pune - 412115
Whatsapp Number: 7709328908
Email: [email protected]
For Technical Queries
What is marking scheme for the SNAP Exam?
Every correct answer will be awarded one mark and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer. Unanswered questions do no affect the score.
What is the application form fee for SNAP?
Application form fee of SNAP will be INR 1750 which can be paid through any of the online payment methods. It can also be paid using DD.
How do I prepare for SNAP 2022?
Devising a study plan in advance along with consistent practice can help improve speed and efficiency. Solve previous year papers(preferably past 10 years) to get an idea of the paper pattern and strategies on how you will manage your time while attempting the actual exam. Refer to SNAP Reference Books for effective study material for the SNAP Exam Preparation.
Should a candidate pay an institution registration fee for SNAP?
Yes, the shortlisted candidates have to pay the institution registration fee for every institution they apply for.
Is SNAP registration fee refundable?
No, the registration fee is non-refundable.
Is application process 2022 for SNAP same for Foreign Nationals?
No, the application process for Foreign nationals is different from the process for Indian nationals. They will have to apply through the Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE).
Does Symbiosis University, Pune follow reservation policy?
Yes. University follows the reservation policy in allotting seats, as stated by the Government of India.
I secured 96 percentile in the SNAP Exam. Do I make the cut for SIBM - Pune?
Unfortunately, no. SIBM-Pune demands a percentile of 97.5 or more in order to be eligible for their academic programs.
What is the minimum qualification required to be eligible for SNAP?
Candidates belonging to the General category must have secured 50% aggregate in their Bachelor's degree. Reserved category candidates need to have secured 45% aggregate in their Bachelor's degree.
What is the process followed to admit candidates into Symbiosis International University?
Candidates should have acquired the required cut-off in the SNAP entrance exam. Additionally, based on the performance in Group Discussion, Personal Interview and Writing ability, candidates will be shortlisted and admitted into the University.
Will a duplicate admit card for SNAP 2022 be provided to a candidate if the original card is lost?
No, no duplicate admit cards will be provided to candidates if the original card is lost.