New administering authority of the CMAT, the National Testing Agency, will conduct the selection procedure. CMAT scores are accepted by around 1000 educational institutes. As per the officials, the participating institutes will conduct their respective selection procedures for the candidates who obtain the cut off scores. The CMAT Counselling 2021 Process and other associated events will be discussed in this section.
CMAT Counselling 2021 Dates
The important dates associated with the CMAT counselling 2021 are tabulated below for the reference of the candidates.
|Application Process||Dec 23, 2020|
|Application process ending date||Mar 1, 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||Mar 23, 2021|
|Date of the Exam||Mar 31, 2021|
|CMAT Results Date||Apr 09, 2021|
|CMAT Counselling 2021 Date||Apr 30, 2021|
CMAT 2021 Counselling Process
The CMAT counselling 2021 process shall commence after the declaration of the results. Candidates are required to register for the counselling 2021 prior to attending the same. The registration will take place online through the official website. Candidates must select their desired institution, which will later be verified by the conducting body. The documents will be verified and candidates will be given admission after all the necessary documents are submitted and the payment of fees is over.
The following are the steps involved in the CMAT Counselling Process 2021.
1. Online Registration
Candidates should visit the official website of the CMAT. They must click on the registration link that is provided on the website, and enter all the necessary details and information for registration. After the successful registration, candidates would have completed the first step of the CMAT counselling process.
2. Choice Filling
In the choice filling stage of the CMAT counselling 2021, candidates will be required to choose their desired institution and the course they have opted for. They can do this by selecting the web options entry on the official website and proceed to the next levels of the process.
3. Document Verification
Document verification is a very crucial stage in the CMAT counselling process, where all the candidates are mandatorily required to carry their documents and the conducting authority of all the individual institutions will verify the documents. Candidates failing to bring any one of the required document will be ineligible for the next stage of the CMAT counselling process 2021.
4. Seat Allotment
Based on the availability of seats and the course opted by the candidates, the seats will be allotted in the designated institution. Candidates will be required to report to the designated institution, as the fourth step of the process.
5. Reporting to the designated institution
The last and final stage of the counselling process is to report to the designated institution and payment of the fees. The final allotment will be done based on the candidates' preferences and the availability of seats. Candidates will be able to attend the classes and complete the CMAT 2021 admission process by finally paying the fees.
Criteria for Admission as per CMAT Counselling 2021
As discussed above the selection process after the exam will have three rounds and the person will be selected based on his or her performance in these selection rounds. The CMAT score also will be primarily taken into consideration. Candidates should make sure to fulfil the following:
- Valid score in the CMAT exam
- Good score in the group discussion and personal interview
- A degree from a recognized institution
CMAT Counselling 2021: Selection Procedure
The admission process in some B-Schools includes a group discussion round to shortlist candidates for CMAT Counselling 2021. The selection procedure varies within institutes. The selection procedure of CMAT 2021 mostly comprises of GD (Group Discussion), PI (Personal Interview), or WAT (Written Ability Test).
After the CMAT written exam, the selection process goes on in the following way:
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
- Written Ability Test
- Final Selection
Candidates should attend the different stages of the CMAT counselling 2021, as elaborated below:
1. Group Discussion
A group will have around 10 candidates and they will be given a topic to discuss on the day of CMAT counselling 2021. The key area tested here is communication skills. Apart from this, GD also helps one to find the best team player. Candidates who begin the discussion first, who negotiate better, and who express their thoughts in an orderly fashion will have an edge over others.
2. Personal Interview
This round is to test the personality and interpersonal skills of a candidate. The interviewer also checks the subject knowledge of the aspirant and questions will be asked based on his or her job or education.
3. Written Ability Test
In the written ability test of the CMAT counselling, candidates will be asked to write on a particular topic. Newspaper reading will help students to perform well. This is to check how the candidate articulates his thoughts and ideas in English without any factual flaws.
4. Final selection
Based on the performance of the candidates, in the previous stages, the final selection of the CMAT counselling 2021 will take place. The scores obtained in the personal interview, group discussion and the written test will be cumulated and a final merit list will be released by the conducting authority.
The selected candidates will be contacted by the various institutions, based on their scores in the final merit list. The method of contacting can range from emails to normal phone calls or SMS, depending upon the institution. It is advised that the candidates regularly check the official website for further details regarding the CMAT counselling 2021.
Documents required for CMAT Counselling 2021
Candidates attending the counselling sessions must have documents ready with themselves before they appear for the same. The counselling process, which will be held after the declaration of result. Applicants should be very much cautious about documents required for the counselling process and they should be aware of the fact that documents should not be missed out. Important documents which are required at time of the CMAT 2021 counselling are as follows:
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- Degree certificate
- Call letter for the CMAT counselling 2021
- Admit card
- CMAT 2021 scorecard
- Payment challan copy for counselling process
- 5 Passport size Colour Photographs
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Valid photo ID recognized by the Indian Government
CMAT Reservation Policy
The exam has reservation policy criteria and students who are giving the exam under these criteria need to follow specific rules and regulations when appearing for the counselling. Parameters involving CMAT Reservation Criteria are as follows:
- Guidelines: Every participating institute has its own and unique set of guidelines according to the category and directions of their corresponding State Government.
- Horizontal reservations: There are provisions for horizontal reservations of Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates, Defence Persons category candidates and girl child category candidates, which again vary from institute to institute. A priority of candidates in horizontal reservation also varies as per the CMAT counselling 2021.
- Allocation: The reservation of seats or allocation of seats under these categories also depends on whether the CMAT counselling 2021 participating institutions in that particular state is a Private unaided Institute or a Government-financed institute.
- Undisclosed: All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), which authorizes CMAT Counselling 2021, does not provide any information on a reservation of seats for various categories such as Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), or Other Backwards Classes (OBC).
- Unofficial: There is no official announcement made by AICTE on a reservation of seats for the counselling process, for Physically Handicapped (PH) category, Kashmiri Migrant (KM) category, girl child category, and Defence Persons category.
- Creamy/non-creamy layer: Reservation of seats for OBC candidates through AICTE CMAT Counselling 2021 will also depend on a layer, from which they belong, that is, creamy and non-creamy layer.
- Statutory provisions: The reservation of seats in management programme through CMAT selection procedures will be done based on prevalent statutory provisions of State Government under which particular participating institute falls.
CMAT 2021 Participating Institutes
Participating institutes accept this exam's scores to give admissions to MBA and PGDM. According to conducting body - NTA, the score will be accepted by over 1000 B-schools in India. Some of the participating institutes are:
|Acharya Bangalore Business School, Bangalore|
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi|
|Pune University MBA (PUMBA) Department of Management Sciences|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida|
|Doon Business School, Dehradun|
|Indian Institute of Plantation Management, Bangalore|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra|
|Indus Business Academy|
|Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business (IISWBM), Kolkata|
|Future Business School, Kolkata|
|Sydenham Institute of Management Studies Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE) Mumba|
|KIIT School of Rural Management, Bhubaneswar|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa|