XAT Syllabus 2024 will be divided into four sections, i.e., Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, and General Knowledge. The exam conducting authorities do not release an official syllabus for XAT 2024.
Latest Updates on XAT 2024
- Sep 15, 2023: XAT application form 2024 conclude on Nov 30, 2023, on the official website.
XAT exam syllabus pdf contains Part 1 (175 minutes): Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability, and Data Interpretation. Part 2 (5 minutes): XAT Mock Keyboard Practise. Part 3 (30 minutes): General Knowledge and Essay Writing.
Attempt Now: XAT Mock Tests 2024
Table of Contents
- XAT Syllabus 2024 Highlights
- XAT 2024 Syllabus PDF Download
- Key Changes in XAT Exam Syllabus 2024
- XAT Syllabus 2024 Section-wise
- Weightage of Different Sections of XAT Exam 2024
- Reference Books for XAT Syllabus 2024
- XAT 2024 Preparation Strategies
XAT Syllabus 2024 Highlights
XAT Syllabus 2024 is about Part 1 and Part 2. Verbal Ability and logical Reasoning, Decision-making, Quantitative Aptitude, and data Interpretation are the 3 subjects that must be covered in Part 1. General Knowledge and Essay questions comprise Part 2 of the XAT 2024 syllabus.
There are no official changes since XLRI does not formally recommend the XAT exam syllabus.
|Part 1||Verbal & Logical Ability|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation|
|Part 2||General Knowledge|
Recommended: How to Prepare for XAT in 6 Months?
XAT 2024 Syllabus PDF Download
Candidates can download the XAT syllabus 2024 from the link given below.
|Course||PDF Download Link|
|XAT Syllabus 2024||Download|
Key Changes in XAT Exam Syllabus 2024
To acquire up-to-date information on the major changes in the XAT syllabus 2024, take note of the points below.
- There are five sections in all (Including Essay Writing)
- Total number of inquiries received: 100 MCQs and one essay
- The Essay Writing section will be evaluated only if you are selected for the GD-PI round.
|XAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus 2023||XAT Preparation without Coaching|
XAT Syllabus 2024 Section-wise
XAT syllabus 2024 includes the following sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation.
- Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning.
- Decision Making.
- General Knowledge.
The detailed XAT exam syllabus for all these sections is mentioned below:
XAT Syllabus 2024 for Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation
XLRI has made some changes in the XAT syllabus 2024 for Quantitative Aptitude. A total of 50% of the quant questions are asked from Numbers, Geometry, and Mensuration, whereas for Data Interpretation, questions are mainly asked from Data Tables, Graphs, Charts, Bar Diagrams, Data Analysis and Comparison.
From Data Interpretation, the candidates must attempt at least 4-5 questions, and from Quantitative Aptitude, candidates should cover 13-14 questions overall. XAT Quantitative Aptitude syllabus is tabulated below:
|XAT Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation|
|Percentage||Tables and Caselets|
|Profit and Loss||Probability|
|Ratio and Proportion||Critical Path|
|Variation||Averages and Partnerships|
|Time and Work||Allegations and Mixtures|
|Time, Speed, and Distance||Algebra|
|LCM and HCF||Simple and Compound Interest|
|Pure Maths||Venn Diagram|
|Data Tables||Data Charts|
|Surds and Indices||Geometry|
|Mensuration||Linear and Quadratics Equations|
XAT Exam 2024 Syllabus for Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
- The highlights include the extensive XAT syllabus 2024 for the Quant and DI sections.
- According to the updated XAT exam schedule, the third and final component, QA & DI, calculates percentiles.
- The extensive XAT Quantitative syllabus includes all areas of mathematics, both expected and unexpected.
- There would be 28 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in the XAT's quantitative ability and data interpretation component in 2024.
|XAT Preparation in 1 Month||XAT Exam Day Requirements|
XAT Syllabus 2024 for Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning
XAT VA and LR questions are primarily asked in sets. Answering 15-16 questions from this section will be considered a good attempt. The topics that will be included in the XAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus are tabulated below:
|XAT Syllabus 2024 Topics|
|English Usage Topics||Arguments|
|Grammar||Reading Comprehension Topics|
|The contextual meaning of words||Narration of Incidents|
|Para completion and para jumble||Science|
|Error correction||Literature and Fiction|
|Vocabulary (Antonyms and Synonyms)||Psychology and Social Issues|
XAT 2024 Syllabus for Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension & Logical Reasoning
- Featured in this Section: Exam: the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) There are three sections to the exam verbal ability, reading comprehension, and logical reasoning XAT syllabus.
- Quantity of Questions: There are 26 MCQs in the VARC & LR part of the exam, according to the revised XAT syllabus pattern.
- The VA part of the XAT 2024 will consist of 26 questions.
- Reading Comprehension, Fill in the Blanks, Poem, Analogy, Antonyms, and Parajumbles questions will be asked.
Practice XAT Previous Papers:
XAT Syllabus 2024 for Decision Making
The candidates also claim that this XAT Decision Making syllabus section is not high in difficulty level. Answering 16-17 questions will be a good attempt for the candidates.
The XAT Decision Making syllabus is tabulated below:
|XAT Syllabus 2024 Topics|
|Decision Making in a situation||Arithmetic|
|Data Arrangement Test||Analytical Reasoning|
|Case Lets||Situational Questions|
|Reading Comprehension||Semi-Quantitative Topics|
|Condition and Group Testing||-|
XAT 2024 Syllabus for Decision-Making
- Highlights of the Section: The complete XAT syllabus 2024 on decision-making is special because it is not covered in the CAT or any other national-level entrance test.
- Twenty-one questions make up this section's question bank.
XAT Syllabus 2024 for General Knowledge
To prepare for this section, candidates must keep updated with current affairs and all the trending topics. Candidates will be given 15 minutes to solve the questions in this section. The number of questions from General Knowledge and Current Affairs will be in the ratio of 60:40.
The topics that will be covered in the XAT GK syllabus are given below:
|XAT Syllabus 2024 Topics|
|Politics||Merger & Acquisitions|
|History||Nation and States|
|Business||Awards and Recognitions|
XAT Exam Syllabus 2024 for GK Highlights
- Featured in this Section: The second half of the XAT exam's syllabus includes a General Knowledge (GK) subject.
- In the XAT exam, the score in this part is not used to determine a student's percentile. Both current and traditional GK might be used as the basis for a question.
- Regular, in-depth GK reading is more beneficial since, occasionally, a few XAT GK questions seem more difficult and require extensive reading.
- There will be 25 MCQs in the XAT 2024 exam following the new exam format.
XAT Syllabus for Essay
XAT 2024 Essay section syllabus is not specified. Two themes (Arguments) will be given to the candidate; they must select one of them for the essay. No candidate's essay should be longer than 250 words. The essay themes in the XAT Syllabus are typically centered on abstract concepts.
XAT Exam Syllabus 2024 for Essay Writing Test
- The XAT's descriptive online computer-based test involves essay writing.
- 2019 this test was discontinued but was reinstated in 2022.
- The XAT essay test is an examination of a candidate's writing abilities.
- A cohesive and logical essay on the assigned topic must be written during the test.
- The essay writing portion of the XLRI entrance exam syllabus is not subject to any specific topic restrictions.
- Past XAT patterns require a well-written essay on a current or abstract topic.
Weightage of Different Sections of XAT Exam 2024
Different sections of the XAT Exam pattern hold different weights that is mentioned in the table below:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||28||28|
You May Be Interested: Best Institute for XAT Preparation 2024
Reference Books for XAT Syllabus 2024
Some of the best books for XAT 2024 syllabus preparation are given below:
Books for XAT 2024 Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
Candidates can find several books for XAT Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation. Some of the best books, as recommended by the top scorers of XAT, are listed below:
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Arihant) Rajesh Verma
- Arithmetic for General Competitions
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations (S.Chand) R.S.Agarwal
- Data Interpretation Magical Book Series
Books for XAT 2024 Logical Ability
Some of the best book titles to help candidates cover the XAT 2024 syllabus for Logical Reasoning are listed below:
- Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal (S.Chand)
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning (S.Chand) by R.S.Agarwal
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal (Arihant) by BS Sijwali
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey.
Books for XAT 2024 Verbal Ability
Some of the XAT best books to help candidates prepare for this section are listed below:
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Descriptive General English by SP Bakshi and Richa Sharma
- Objective General English by R. S. Agarwal and Vikas Agarwal
- High School English Grammar by Wren & Martin.
The toppers have recommended the latest editions of the book mentioned above titles for XAT preparation.
Read More: XAT Books 2024
XAT 2024 Preparation Strategies
Some important preparation tips for XAT 2024 are mentioned below.
- Candidates should review as many sample papers, previous test papers, and XAT mock tests before attending the actual examination.
- Candidates can increase their speed of solving questions from different sample papers and attending mock tests.
- Candidates should note the XAT syllabus and the weightage each topic and chapter carries, as this can help them split time and efforts accordingly.
- The Candidate should be current with the general knowledge through public resources for the GK section.
- It is highly recommended that the candidates attend the coaching before the examination.
- Candidates can go through mock tests of different resources for XAT syllabus preparation.
What is XAT exam syllabus?
XAT syllabus includes all important topics related to Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making and Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and General Knowledge.
How can I cover the XAT syllabus 2024 by self-study?
If you intend to self-study for the XAT exam, you must begin early because the syllabus is extensive and difficult. To cover the XAT syllabus 2024 by self-study, applicants must consult the XAT preparation books.
What is XAT Verbal and Logical Ability syllabus 2024?
XAT Verbal and Logical Ability syllabus is: Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Analogy, Antonym/Synonym, Parajumble, Para Completion, Grammar, Critical Reasoning, Series Completion, Fill in the Blanks, etc.
What is XAT 2024 Decision Making syllabus?
XAT Decision Making syllabus is: Data Arrangement, Conditioning, Grouping, Complex Arrangement, Caselets, Assumptions, Premises, Conclusions, etc.
What is XAT Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation syllabus 2024?
XAT Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation syllabus is: Arithmetic, Geometry, Mensuration, Percentage, Surds and Indices, Algebra, Mensuration, Bar Diagrams, Pie Charts, Tables, Data Interpretation, etc.
What is XAT syllabus 2024 for General Knowledge?
XAT General Knowledge syllabus is: Science, Economy, Business, Politics, Static GK, Sports, Prize and Award, World, Government, Constitution of India, etc.