Looking for One year and Executive MBA from IIMs? Get List of Courses, Eligibility, Admission Procedure, Fee Structure, and Placements.
The one-year Executive MBA from IIM is becoming widely popular recently. Many IIMs offer these programs while both have a specific audience, attributes, and eventual payoffs. They differ from each other in their ways. Let us discuss the difference between both programs, the IIMs where these courses are offered, the eligibility criteria to join them, etc.
Table of Contents
- Executive MBA Programs Offered in Various IIMs
- Difference Between One Year and an Executive MBA from IIM
- Eligibility Criteria
Executive MBA Programs Offered in Various IIMs
Here is a list of popular IIMs that offer Executive MBAs for students who wish to enroll in management studies.
|IIMs Offering Executive MBA Programs||Programs Offered||Fee Structure|
|MMS Public Policy||17,00,000|
|IIM Ranchi||PGEXP (weekend program)||10,00,000|
|IIM Udaipur||MBA Global||18,00,000|
|IIM Kashipur||MBA (WX)||8,50,000|
|MBA Working Executives||10,00,000|
Difference Between One Year and an Executive MBA from IIM
Read about how one year and an Executive MBA from IIM differ and find out which suits you in graduate business education.
- The significant difference between them is right in the names. as the title says, Executive MBAs are exclusively designed for working individuals with adequate management education
- That means the average age for executive MBA candidates is between 32 and 38 years old, whereas the average full-time MBA student is 28 years old when starting the program
- Since the Executive MBA programs are designed for students with many professional responsibilities, the class time will be less than the one-year programs compared to the students who opt for one-year programs
- Executive MBA programs are usually pitched at a generalist, strategic level to help the students develop new leadership skills and mindsets to thrive in and advance beyond their current roles. In contrast, the one-year MBAs follow well rounded yet inflexible curriculum
- Pursuing Executive MBAs are somewhat pricey compared to conventional MBAs, i.e., one-year ones
Eligibility criteria for one year MBA at IIMs and Executive MBA at IIMs are discussed in the pointers below. These inputs will help aspiring IIMians to choose one and start preparing themselves accordingly.
Eligibility Criteria for One Year MBA at IIMs
Candidates who want to pursue one year MBA should satisfy the following requirements.
- The student should have a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 15 years of study
- The student should have a minimum age of 25 years
- A valid GMAT/GRE score of 700+ is another criteria
- Minimum 4 years of full-time work experience will help in the admission process
Eligibility Criteria for Executive MBA at IIMs
Candidates interested in applying for the EMBA programs at the IIMs must meet the following criteria:
- The candidates should have completed a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10 +2+3 years of education
- They must have a cumulative grade point average of 50%
- At the time of application, they should be employed or running their own business
- They should also have a minimum of three to eight years of work experience
- They must have passed the CAT, XAT, GMAT, GRE, and other admission exams with a legitimate score
Placements are one of the core reasons to get into the top most MBA student pool in IIMs. Check out the placements for one year MBA and Executive MBA at IIMs.
One-Year MBA Placements
The one-year MBA graduates from the prestigious IIMs are offered placements in managerial roles in different sectors and domains from the top companies.
- Top IIMs typically offer candidates a salary package of INR 20–25 lakh per year, whilst salary packages at newer IIMs typically range from INR 10–20 lakh
- The top IIMs' most excellent pay offers range from INR 70 lakh to INR 1 crore in CTC. The offered international wage packages start at INR 60 lakh
- IIM placements witness participation of top companies like E&Y, Deloitte, Walmart, Accenture, JP Morgan Chase, Barclays, Morgan Stanley, Tolaram, Squareyards & Protiviti, EXL, KPMG, HSBC, Goldman Sachs, Amazon, Zomato, ICICI Bank, Bajaj, Axis, Tata, WIPRO, etc.
Executive MBA Placements
According to placement trends, businesses are eager to hire a professional with significant expertise and experience. Top recruiters are becoming more and more interested in the Executive MBA programs offered by the IIMs.
- The average annual income for EMBA graduates is Rs. 18 lakh and the highest earnings can go as high as Rs. 90 lakh
- Since the universities provide a talent pool with substantial experience and rigorous management education, recruiters are eager to hire EMBA graduates from IIMs
- Smaller businesses hire these candidates at the senior and CXO levels, whereas large companies hire them at the mid-management level
POST YOUR COMMENT