CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022 involves factors like qualifying exam, marks, age limit, nationality, etc which the candidates must satisfy to attempt the examination. Candidate should note that the eligibility criteria for PGDM and MBA courses shall differ from one another. Failing to meet the eligibility requirements will result in the candidates being deemed ineligible for the exam. Hence, such candidates are advised against applying for the test. Apart from this, they should be well aware of CMAT 2022 Exam Dates before appearing for the exam.
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022 Parameters
There are certain parameters that an aspirant must satisfy to qualify for the exam. The CMAT 2022 eligibility includes age limit, the minimum educational qualification, and the minimum marks.
A candidate is considered eligible for the exam only if he or she satisfies all the CMAT eligibility 2022 as prescribed by NTA. The detailed highlights are given below for the candidates to refer from.
|Nationality||Candidates must be a citizen of India for attempting the exam|
|Minimum Marks||Candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks in a Bachelor's Degree in any stream to clear the CMAT Eligibility 2022|
|Age Limitation||Minimum 21 years is required. There is no upper age limit for applying for the exam|
|Educational Qualification||Candidates must be graduates (10+2+3) from any of the recognized universities in any discipline. Aspirants who are in the final year of their study and whose result will be declared before commencement of admission process are also eligible to apply for an examination.|
Course-wise CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
Every course has different eligibility criteria that must be satisfied by a candidate to get admission. Candidates will be eligible for MBA and PGDM programmes only after meeting the minimum requirements of each mentioned program. Prospective test-takers should check CMAT 2022 eligibility for programs they desire to get admitted into. Details related to the eligibility for the course selection are mentioned in a tabular column below:
|Course||CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022|
|PGDM and MBA||
CMAT Reservation Policy 2022
Each category will have a separate reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD), and will follow a 5% horizontal reservation scheme for the same.
CMAT Minimum Marks Required
The minimum required percentage to be eligible for the CMAT exam is given below, with respect to the categories to which the candidates belong.
CMAT Reservation Criteria 2022
The following table gives the seat reservation as per the CMAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria.
|Student Category||Reservation Percentage|
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022 for Persons with Disability (PwD)
People under the PwD category should have a disability not less than 40%. The reservation policy is based on The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016). The following will be considered as a disability as per CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022:
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness
- Blindness and low vision
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022 for availing scribe or reader
To avail the facility of a scribe or a reader, the candidates must abide by the below-given eligibility criteria:
- The candidates having disabilities associated with their vision, such as blindness, will avail the CMAT 2022 eligibility service and aid of a scribe or a reader for aiding them during the exam.
- Those candidates should fill and submit a request form to the superintendent or the head of the CMAT exam.
- The request form for this purpose should be attached, along with a valid medical certification addressing the disability faced by the candidates.
- All the candidates availing this aid will be allotted another 60 minutes time during the exam.
Documents to be produced to fulfil CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates who are eligible and seeking reservation for allotment of seats under Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Physically Handicapped (PH), Kashmiri Migrant (KM), Girl child category and Defence Persons category, must submit the necessary documents to support their claims. Without the submission of documents and its verification, candidates will not be given any benefits of reservation of seats. Documents required for this exam are notified below:
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Dependent Certificate
Note: Candidate must read and understand conditions of reservation of seats carefully along with the CMAT 2022 eligibility. Once the category is filled in application form by the candidate along with documentary proof, it cannot be changed.
Who does not clear the CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022?
It is mandatory for all the candidates to fulfill all the required CMAT eligibility 2022 in order to qualify for the next levels in the exam. Failing to fulfill the CMAT 2022 eligibility will result in the candidates being permitted from proceeding further and their application forms will be considered invalid. The below mentioned are certain important points depicting the possibilities for not fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates possessing a degree under any institution or university which is not recognized by the government of India.
- General category candidates not securing a minimum of 50%
- PwD/SC/ST category candidates not securing a minimum of 45%
- Candidates not possessing a professional degree.
CMAT Eligibility Guidelines
- Students are advised to have enough knowledge of the CMAT eligibility 2022 to avoid rejection of Application Form.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Final year students of Bachelor's programmes are also eligible to apply and apart from these candidates must obtain a bachelor's degree of a minimum three-year duration from any discipline with 50% Aggregate Marks as per the CMAT eligibility criteria 2022.
- There is no age limit.
- For reserved quota candidates, acceptable marks stand at 45% and the candidate must have a recognized Bachelor’s degree of three years with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates should also have a relevant work experience of 5 years as a supervisor or manager to be admitted into executive MBA programs.
Note: Selection and allotment of seats will be done on basis of the CMAT 2022 eligibility criteria, merit, rank in the exam and performance in the selection process.
CMAT Application Form
Candidates should check their CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022 prior to applying for the exam. All the necessary academic and personal details should be filled on the application form. Candidates can check out the CMAT Application Form page for further information and updates about the same.