CMAT Eligibility Criteria involves factors like qualifying exam, marks, age limit, nationality, etc which the candidates must satisfy to attempt CMAT 2020. Candidate should make a note that eligibility criteria for PGDM and MBA courses are different from one another.
Candidates need to fill every detail required in CMAT 2020 Application Form after meeting eligibility criteria and apart from this, they should be well aware of CMAT 2020 exam dates before appearing for the exam.
There are certain parameters that an aspirant must satisfy. The criteria generally include age limit, the minimum educational qualification, and the minimum marks.
A candidate is considered eligible for CMAT only if he or she satisfies all the criteria as prescribed by NTA.
|Specified by||National Testing Agency (NTA) specifies CMAT Eligibility for all candidates to appear every year.|
|Eligibility Norms||Candidates who do not fulfil eligibility norms will not be allowed to attend CMAT 2020 exam and the application will be cancelled no matter at what stage of admission candidate is. Therefore, candidates need to check Eligibility Criteria before they fill an application form for CMAT 2020.|
|Nationality||Candidate must be a citizen of India for writing CMAT 2020.|
|Minimum Marks||Candidate should have a minimum of 50% marks in a Bachelor's Degree in any stream to be eligible.|
|Age Limitation||Minimum 21 years there is no upper age limit for applying for CMAT entrance exam.|
|Qualification Criteria||Candidate must be a graduate (10+2+3) from any of recognized universities in any discipline. Aspirants who are in final year of their study and whose result will be declared before commencement of admission process are also eligible to apply for an examination.|
Course wise Eligibility Criteria
Every course has different eligibility criteria that must be satisfied by a candidate to get admission. Candidates will be eligible for MBA and PGDM programmes only after meeting minimum requirements of each mentioned program. Prospective test-takers should check CMAT 2020 eligibility criteria for programs they are willing to get admitted into. Details related to CMAT Eligibility for Course selection is mentioned in a table format below:
|PGDM and MBA||
The following table gives the seat reservation for the exam. Each of these categories will have a separate reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD). Each category mentioned below will follow a 5% horizontal reservation scheme for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as declared in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016).
|Student Category||Reservation Percentage|
People under the PwD category should have a disability not less than 40%. The following will be considered as a disability:
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness
- Blindness and low vision
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses
Documents to be produced for CMAT 2020
Candidates who are eligible and seeking reservation for allotment of seats under Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Physically Handicapped (PH), Kashmiri Migrant (KM), Girl child category and Defence Persons category through CMAT 2020, must submit some documents for appearing into CMAT 2020 exam because without submission of documents and its verification, candidates will not be given any benefits of reservation of seats. Documents required for this exam are notified as below:
- Caste certificate
- Income Certificate
- Dependent Certificate
Note: Candidate must read and understand conditions of reservation of seats carefully before applying for CMAT 2020. Once the Category is filled in CMAT application form by the candidate along with documentary proof, it cannot be changed.
CMAT Eligibility Guidelines
- Students are advised to have enough knowledge of Eligibility Criteria to avoid rejection of Application Form.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Final year students of Bachelor's programmes are also eligible to apply and apart from this candidates must obtain a bachelor's degree of a minimum three-year duration from any discipline With 50% Aggregate Marks.
- There is no age bar for applying for CMAT entrance exam 2020.
- For reserved quota candidates, acceptable marks stand at 45% and candidate must have a recognized Bachelor’s Degree of three years with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates need to fulfill all eligibility criteria and should also have relevant work experience of 5 years as a supervisor or manager to be admitted into executive MBA programs.
Highlights of Eligibility Criteria are given in table format below:
Note: Selection and allotment of CMAT 2020 seats will be done on basis of eligibility, merit, and rank in CMAT examination and performance in selection process.