Graduate Record Examination or GRE is a standardized test conducted by Educational Testing Services. This test is taken for the sake of admission into various colleges across the world. Check out the GRE Reference Books to start preparing for the exam right away.
GRE Exam Dates 2020
It is important for candidates to know various GRE Dates from the application process of GRE until when the scorecard is sent to the requested Universities.
- Candidates are advised to have an idea of GRE Exam and test along with other GRE Dates.
- Candidates should Keep in their mind that GRE is not similar to Indian Exams where the entire process happens once or twice a year with fixed dates. In GRE there are a lot of factors like when they choose to take the exam when they are applying among others.
- Candidates can take GRE 5 times a year with a gap of 21 days. Candidates have to choose GRE Dates (Exam Date) so that there is a gap of 21 days between 2 consecutive exams.
- The date of GRE Result or scorecard is relative to when the candidate chooses to write the examination.
GRE Dates and GRE Exam Dates
There are two types of ways that the GRE exam is conducted. They are an online computer-delivered test and offline paper-delivered test. For GRE paper-delivered test the candidates have to appear the examination on the GRE specified dates. While to take GRE computer-delivered test, the candidate has to select the test date and GRE test centres according to their suitability.
The paper-delivered test is not available in countries that have the internet option to take tests. Thus in India, only GRE computer-delivered tests are available.
Unlike other entrance exams in India, the online GRE Test happens around the year at more than 1,000 Prometric test centre in more than 160 countries. So GRE Dates vary relative to the application time and GRE Exam Dates.
- First Come First Serve: To book a slot on GRE Exam Dates, candidates should remember that GRE Exam slots are scheduled on a first-come-first-serve basis. So. It is up to the applicant to decide the slot and GRE Exam Date of the GRE.
- But with such flexibility offered for GRE Exam slot and GRE Exam Date arises another problem. During the peak season of GRE (generally around August to December) it is hard to get an appointment at the desired centre according to one's comfort.
- GRE-ETS takes approximately 10–15 days after the test date to report the scores to the recipient universities. Although the scores will be made visible for the candidates on GRE Exam Date after the GRE is over.
- But it will take 10-15 days as mentioned about for the score to appear on candidates ETS account. This makes the planning of the GRE Exam Date a vital part in the preparation of your GRE.
- One can opt to take the next GRE Test attempt only after 21 days of the previous exam date. Students can take the ETS-GRE exam up to five times a year with a gap of 21 days.
- The offline or paper-based GRE General Test and the GRE Subject Tests are available up to three times per year. The GRE Exam Dates comes in the months of October, November and February at limited test centres in selected cities. Know more about offline GRE 2020 Exam Centres.
- ETS gives students the liberty to reschedule GRE Date or cancel the GRE exam registration in case of any inconvenience.
When selecting an exam date for GRE make sure that you receive the exam scores in time to apply for your desired universities before the application deadline.
Rescheduling of GRE Exam Date
Candidates are permitted to reschedule their test dates within the testing year. The rescheduling should be done at least four days before the scheduled GRE Date or else the test fee will be forfeited.
Candidates can get more info about GRE Exam Date Rescheduling or GRE Cancellation process in GRE Registration Details
Cancellation of GRE Registration
Candidates can cancel the scheduled GRE test registration through your ETS-GRE account or by informing GRE Services by phone or email. Candidates can visit the above-mentioned link to get more details about Cancellation of GRE Cancellation procedure.