The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade will conduct the counselling to qualify for the IIFT 2022 to provide admission to various MBA programmes. The institutes shortlist the candidates based on their percentile. The IIFT selection process will be conducted for the candidates who secured the minimum cut off specified by the exam authority. The admission process involves three steps, and candidates will have to be there at the campus. All candidates who will secure the cut off marks or more will be considered for the IIFT selection process. In addition, candidates will have to appear for the Essay Writing/ Writing Ability Test (WAT), GD and PI at the specified centres. IIFT 2022 entrance exam candidates can secure admission in IIFT Delhi and Kolkata campuses.
Practising Previous Year IIFT Question Papers is the best way to prepare for the exams and achieve a good score. Solving the question papers, candidates can analyse their preparation levels and work on their weak areas. It will also help the candidates in developing time-management skills.
Steps involved in IIFT 2022 Selection Process
The selection procedure for IIFT MBA admission process (International Business) involves Essay Writing, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The detailed process for the IIFT counselling 2022 process are listed below.
- After the final results are announced, shortlisted candidates have to fill their choice of campus, either Kolkata or Delhi, program/specialisation, etc.
- The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade board assigns campus to candidates according to their ranks in the 2022 examination and candidates' preference.
- IIFT will release the list of seats allocated to the shortlisted candidates within a few days after counselling. Candidates have to download the seat allotment letter from the official website.
- Candidates shortlisted for the next round have to attend three rounds of IIFT counselling 2022. Three rounds are Essay Writing, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview.
- Essay Writing/Writing Ability Test (WAT): The candidates have to take a written test that requires writing a descriptive answer for questions to assess the ability to express comprehensively. The question may be from current news trends or a conventional subject relating to economics and finance.
- Group Discussion: Candidates who have successfully qualified for the writing ability test (WAT) will attend the group discussion. The significance of this round is not just to test the candidate's knowledge but also the verbal communication skills and how much of a team player candidates are. So along with articulating the opinion, be patient and listen to the views of other candidates too.
- Personal Interview: This is the last hurdle for the candidates who are seeking admission at IIFT. This may be the easiest of all the rounds if candidates are well prepared to answer the past choices and future aspirations to interview board. This will be all about the candidates, so be prepared to impress the board.
- Candidates have to report to the allotted campus within the mentioned dates, complete the admission process by submitting necessary documents, and pay the full first-year tuition fee.
Documents required for IIFT Selection Process 2022
At the Counselling campus, candidates will need to be ready with the following documents for the IIFT counselling 2022.
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- 10th and 12th marks cards along with candidate's pass certificate
- Caste/community certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (if seeking domicile reservation)
- Two latest passport size photographs
- A valid Photo ID proof
- Original IIFT 2022 entrance exam scorecard
- Copy of the seat allotment letter
IIFT Counselling 2022 Centres
Below is the list of cities for the IIFT counselling 2022 centres. Candidates can check the list for the cities below:
- New Delhi
Admission Process in IIFT 2022
Post declaration of the result and IIFT scorecard, the authority will shortlist the candidates who qualified for the exam. IIFT will publish the list of the candidates who will be selected for the counselling. IIFT selection procedure includes these round:
- Essay Writing
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
The final selection of candidates is based on the overall performance in the qualifying exam and GDPI.
- Marks obtained in Class XI and XII
- Graduation score
- Work experience (if any)
- Essay writing, Group discussion and Personal interview, etc
IIFT Selection Process- Weightage Criteria
After the IIFT selection process, the authority will publish a final list of the candidates qualified for the IIFT exam. The final list of the candidates will be prepared on the performance of the candidates in the qualifying exam in different rounds. The sectional weightage for each of the rounds are tabulated below.
|IIFT Exam 2022||65%|
Candidates to proceed for IIFT counselling 2022 have to pass the cut off. The cut off includes both sectional and overall percentile. The authority will call the candidates based on the marks obtained in the exam.
Note: For foreign candidates, the IIFT counselling 2022 will be based on the GMAT scores. They will then have to undergo a Personal Interview round at the IIFT campus. Candidates failing to appear physically for PI can also be interviewed through Skype.