IIFT will conduct the IIFT counselling 2021 for the candidates who will qualify for the IIFT 2021 to provide admission to the candidates to various MBA Programme. The institutes shortlists the candidates based on their percentile. IIFT Counselling 2021 process will involve GD, PI and Essay Writing and will tentatively commence from February 15, 2021 once the IIFT Results are declared. IIFT 2021 Result will be available on the NTA's website. The IIFT selection process will be conducted for the candidates who secured IIFT minimum cutoff as specified by the exam authority. Admission Process in IIFT involves three steps and candidates will have to be there at the IIFT campus. All candidates who will secure the cut off marks or more will be considered for the IIFT selection process. Candidates will have to appear for Essay Writing/Writing Ability Test (WAT), GD and PI at the specified centres. IIFT 2021 entrance exam candidates can secure admission in IIFT Delhi and IIFT Kolkata campuses.
Practising Previous Year IIFT Question Papers is the best way to prepare for the exams and achieve a good score. Solving the Question Papers, candidates can analyse their preparation levels and work on their weak areas. It will also help the candidates in developing time-management skills.
Steps Involved in IIFT Selection Process
The selection procedure for IIFT MBA Admission Process (International Business) involves Essay Writing, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The detailed process for the IIFT counselling 2021 process are listed below:
- Step 1: After IIFT 2021 final results are announced, shortlisted candidates have to fill their choice of campus, either Kolkata or Delhi, program/specialization, etc.
- Step 2: IIFT board assigns campus to candidates according to their ranks in IIFT 2021 examination and candidates' preference.
- Step 3: IIFT will release the list of seats allocated to the shortlisted candidates within a few days after the end of IIFT counselling 2021. Candidates have to download the seat allotment letter from the website of IIFT.
- Step 4: Candidates shortlisted for the next round have to attend three rounds of IIFT counselling 2021. Three rounds are Essay Writing, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview.
- Essay Writing/Writing Ability Test (WAT): Like other business school admission processes, at IIFT candidates have to take a written test which requires writing the descriptive answer for questions to asses the candidate's ability to express comprehensively. The question may be from current news trends or a conventional subject relating to the field of economics and finance.
- Group Discussion: Candidates who have successfully qualified writing ability test (WAT) will have to attend the group discussion. The significance of this round is not just to test the candidate's knowledge but also the verbal communication skills and how much of a team player candidates are. So along with articulating the opinion, be a patient and listen to views of other candidates too.
- Personal Interview: This is the last hurdle for the candidates who are seeking admission at IIFT. This may be the easiest of all the rounds if candidates are well prepared to answer the past choices and future aspirations to IIFT interview board. This will be all about the candidates, so be prepared to impress the board.
- Step 5: Candidates have to report to the allotted campus within the mentioned dates (to be announced) and complete the admission process by submitting necessary documents and paying the full amount of first-year tuition fee.
Documents Required for IIFT Selection Process 2021
At the Counselling campus, candidates will need to be ready with the following documents for the IIFT counselling 2021.
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- 10th and 12th marks cards along with your pass certificate
- Caste/community certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (if seeking domicile reservation)
- Two latest passport size photographs
- A valid Photo ID proof
- Original IIFT 2021 entrance exam scorecard
- Copy of the seat allotment letter
IIFT Counselling 2021 Centres
Below is the list of cities for the IIFT counselling 2021 centres. Candidates can check the list for the cities below:
- New Delhi
Admission Process in IIFT 2021
Post declaration of the IIFT Result 2021 and IIFT Score card, the authority will shortlist the candidates who qualified for the IIFT 2021. IIFT will publish the list for the candidates who will be selected for the IIFT counselling 2021. IIFT selection procedure includes these round:
- Essay Writing
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
The final selection of the candidates will be based on the overall performance of the candidates in the qualifying exam and the rest of the rounds. The performance will be evaluated based on the information of these components and in this way, the marks will be calculated and the candidates will be considered as IIFT topper.
- Marks obtained in Class XI and XII
- Graduation Score
- Work Experience (if any)
- Essay writing, Group discussion and Personal Interview,etc
IIFT Selection Process- Weightage Criteria
After the IIFT selection process, the authority will publish a final list of the candidates who qualified for the IIFT exam. The final list of the candidates will be prepared on the performance of the candidates in the qualifying exam in different rounds. The sectional weightage for each of the rounds are tabulated below
|IIFT Exam 2021||65%|
Candidates, in order to proceed for IIFT counselling 2021 have to pass the cutoff for IIFT 2021. The cutoff includes both sectional and overall percentile. The authority will call the candidates based on the marks obtained in the IIFT exam.
Note: For foreign candidates, the IIFT counselling 2021 will be based on the GMAT score. They will then have to undergo Personal Interview round at IIFT campus. Candidates failing to appear physically for PI can also be interviewed through Skype.