XLRI, Jamshedpur will conduct the XAT counselling process for 2022 for all the candidates seeking admission into the participating Xavier's institutes. The candidates who secure the cutoff will be summoned to participate in the XAT counselling. The selection process shall include Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Further selection depends upon the candidate's performance in these rounds.
Various other B-schools of the country accept scores of XAT to enroll candidates. It must be noted that XLRI does not conduct a centralized counselling process for all such institutes. To participate in the counselling for those institutes, the candidates will be required to register separately. XAT counselling will commence shortly after the declaration of results. Find more information on XAT 2022 Counselling on this page.
XAT Selection Process Dates 2022
XAT is generally held in the first week of January every year. The result for the exam is released a couple of weeks after that. The tentative schedule for XAT 2022 counselling, and all the related events is given below for reference:
|XAT 2022 Exam Date||1st Week of January 2022|
|Result Declaration||3rd Week of January 2022|
|Release of Cutoff by XLRI||3rd Week of January 2022|
|XAT Exam Selection Process||From February to March 2022|
XAT Counselling 2022- XAT Selection Procedure By XLRI
XLRI, Jamshedpur will conduct the Xavier Aptitude Test in January 2022. Candidates qualifying for the XAT 2022 cutoff will be eligible for the proceeding counselling process. XAT selection procedure will tentatively begin in the month of February-March 2022. The participating institutes will conduct the XAT selection process soon after the announcement of the results. Candidates who fall make it to the cutoff list released by various institutes will be summoned for the XAT counselling process. The counselling conducted by XLRI will be a 3-step process:
Step 1: Registration for XAT Counselling
The steps to be followed for XAT counselling registration are mentioned below:
- Students can pay for the program they wish to pursue in XLRI campuses in the XAT application form. However, for other associated institutes that accept XAT scores, the candidates must register on that official website.
- Candidates have to apply separately for IMT, XIMB, and others.
- Foreign candidates seeking admission into XLRI must apply via GATE.
- Post successful registration, the candidate must pay the fee for the courses he/she has selected.
- Candidates must pay the fee through the online gateway (VISA/Mastercard – Credit & Debit Cards, Net Banking).
Step 2: XAT Counselling Programme Selection
As far as XLRI is concerned students can very well select the programme while applying for XAT. They have to pay INR 300 for each programme.
- XLRI Jamshedpur has a prepared standardized selection process for the selection of candidates who qualify for the XAT 2022 exam. The performance of the students will be based on several components such as XAT score obtained, performance in Essay Writing and General Knowledge sections, GDPI rounds, past academic performance, and work experience.
- The components of selection and the weightage occupied by each of them are discussed below:
|Academic Performance and Work Experience||5%|
|Group Discussion (GD) & Personal Interview (PI)||20%|
The Steps Involved in XAT Counselling 2022 are as Follows:
The following steps are involved in the XAT counselling 2022:
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Once all these are completed, a final merit list of accepted candidates is displayed on the website.
- This is followed by document verification and final seat allotment.
Step 3: Final Seat Allotment
The final seat allotment for XAT 2022 counselling depends on the overall performance of the candidate.
- The final admission depends on the overall performance of the candidate in the XAT exam and the other selection rounds of the XAT Counselling process.
- Once the processes are over, the performance of the candidates will be evaluated based on several factors such as the Essay Writing and General Knowledge section, GDPI rounds, past academic performance, and work experience.
- Candidates can proceed with the payment of the admission fee post completion of all these rounds.
XAT Selection Criteria 2022
XLRI, Jamshedpur will release the selection criteria for XAT 2022 for PGDM Course. Candidates who are appearing for the exam must also check the XAT selection criteria discussed above. Candidates must secure the minimum cutoff marks as released by XLRI to clear phase one. Candidates who clear the sectional, as well as the overall cutoff, will be summoned for the second phase of evaluation. To qualify for the exam and to get selected for the XAT admission process, candidates must clear all the criteria for phase 1 and phase 2.
The detailed XAT selection criteria are given below:
|Name of the Programme||Phase 1||Phase 2|
|PGDM||Candidates have to clear the minimum cutoff (sectional as well as overall) of the XAT entrance exam.||A candidate has to clear the 30-minute Group Discussion (GD) round consisting of 8 to 10 participants and a Personal Interview (PI).|
|PGDM (GM)||Candidates have to clear the cutoff of either XAT or GMAT.||Shortlisted candidates will be called for a Personal Interview (PI). Interviews are also conducted through G-talk/Skype for overseas candidates.|
|PGDM (BM), Part-Time (JSR)||Candidates have to clear an aptitude test or provide valid scores of other credible MBA entrance exams.||Further, candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in the Personal Interview (PI) round.|
|PGDM (HRM)||Selection in the first phase will depend upon a candidate’s performance in XAT.||Candidates will then be called for Group Discussion (GD) basis which they are shortlisted for the course.|
Documents Required for XAT Counselling 2022
At the time of XAT counselling, the candidates will be expected to carry a certain set of documents. The candidates are advised to prepare a folder of all the documents mentioned below, along with 2 sets of photocopies of each document.
- All academic scorecards (class 10, 12, & graduation-level).
- XAT scorecard.
- XAT admit card.
- Original XAT counselling letter
- Bank draft as per the guidelines mentioned in the official brochure
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Medical documents
- 4-6 passport size photographs colour and black and white
Institutes Accepting XAT Score
The XAT score is accepted by various institutes. Candidates need to secure the cutoff marks to be eligible for taking admission to these institutes. Once the counselling process is over and candidates are satisfied with the seats allotted to them, they can proceed with the fee payment of the colleges they have opted for.
For more details regarding the institute accepting the XAT scores, candidates can check the given link - Institutes Accepting XAT Scores.
XLRI Jamshedpur Expected Cut Off for XAT 2022
Candidates can check the table below for the XAT expected cutoff for XLRI Jamshedpur to clear phase 1 of the XAT admission process 2022. The cutoff marks are provided for both male and female candidates for both the courses of Business Management (BM) and Human Resource Management (HRM).
|Category||XLRI HRM XAT cut off
|XLRI HRM XAT cut off
|XLRI BM XAT cut off
|XLRI BM cut off
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||75||70||95||93|
|Verbal Ability (VA)||85||80||80||75|
XAT Admission Process 2022
If the candidates qualify all the rounds of the counselling process, they will be asked to submit a certain set of documents for verification. They shall do so at the counselling centre allotted to them. After verifying the authenticity of all the documents submitted by the candidate, he/she will be asked to deposit the admission fee for the institute and course chosen by them. Candidates should remember that the fee payment process should be completed on the day itself at the institutes.
For more details regarding the XAT counselling process, candidates must stay in the loop with all the latest updates posted on our site.