XLRI will conduct the XAT counselling process 2021. XAT selection process or the counselling takes place for the candidate those who have scored more than the cut off marks specified by each institute. The selection process includes Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). The candidates are selected based on his/her performance in the GD and PI rounds. The institute reserves all the rights to reject the candidate if they feel that the candidate has not done well either in the group discussion or in the personal interview rounds. XAT counselling will commence after the declaration of XAT 2021 Result. There will be no centralized counselling. Each institute will have its own selection procedure. XAT Counselling will be done based on XAT Score.
Candidates can also check the steps for the XAT counselling process
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Once all these are completed, a final merit list of accepted candidates is displayed on the website.
- This is followed by document verification and final seat allotment.
XAT Selection Process Dates 2021
The table below represents the dates for the selection process of XAT. Candidates keep themselves updated with these dates tabulated below.
|XAT 2021 Exam Date||1st Week of January 2021|
|Result Declaration||3rd Week of January 2021|
|Release of Cutoff by XLRI||3rd Week of January 2021|
|XAT Exam Selection Process||From February to March 2021|
Highlights of XAT Selection Process 2021
- Stage 1: XAT 2021 Registration and applying to various management institutes will commence from December 10, 2021.
- Stage 2: Candidates will have to appear for XAT 2021 in the first week of January 2021.
- Stage 3: Declaration of XAT Results will be held on February 1, 2021.
- Stage 4: Shortlisting for the next phase of XAT selection process based on scores obtained.
- Stage 5: Final Admission will be offered after the XAT counselling process is over.
XAT Counselling 2021- XAT Selection Procedure By XLRI
XLRI, Jamshedpur will conduct the Xavier Aptitude Test on January 3, 2021. Candidates qualifying the XAT 2021 cutoff will be eligible for the XAT counselling process. XAT Selection procedure will tentatively begin in the month of February-March 2021. The participating institutes will conduct the XAT selection process soon after the declaration of the XAT results. Candidates who fall under the cutoff list released by various institutes will be summoned for the XAT counselling process. The counselling will be a 3-step process:
Step 1: Registration for XAT Counselling
Students can pay for the programme they wish to pursue in XLRI campuses in the XAT application form. However, for other associated institutes that accept XAT score, the candidates must register in that official website.
Candidates have to apply separately for IMT, XIMB and others.
Foreign candidates seeking admission into XLRI must apply via GATE.
Post successful registration, candidates must pay the fee for the courses he/she has selected.
Candidates must pay the fee through the online gateway (VISA/Mastercard – Credit & Debit Cards, Net Banking).
Step 2: XAT Counselling Programme Selection
- As far as XLRI is concerned students can very well select the programme while applying for XAT. They have to pay INR 300 for each programme.
- XLRI Jamshedpur has a prepared standardized selection process for the selection of the candidates who qualified for the XAT 2021 exam. The performance of the students will be based on several components such as XAT Score, Performance in Essay Writing and General Knowledge section, GDPI rounds, past academic performance and work experience. Candidates can also check the table below for the XAT selection components and their weightage.
|Academic Performance and Work Experience||5%|
|Group Discussion (GD) & Personal Interview (PI)||20%|
Step 3: Final Seat Allotment
- The final admission depends on the overall performance of the candidate in the XAT exam and the other selection rounds of XAT Counselling process.
- Once the processes are over, the performance of the candidates will be evaluated based on several factors such as Essay Writing and General Knowledge section, GDPI rounds, past academic performance and work experience.
- Candidates can proceed for the payment of admission fee post completion of all these rounds.
XAT Selection Criteria 2021
XLRI Jamshedpur has released the selection criteria for XAT 2021 for PGDM Course. Candidates who are appearing for the XAT 2021 exam must check the XAT selection criteria. Candidates must secure the XAT minimum cutoff marks as released by XLRI to clear phase one. Candidates who clear the sectional, as well as the overall cutoff, will be summoned for the second phase of evaluation. To qualify for the exam and to get selected for the XAT admission process, candidates must clear all the criteria for phase 1 and phase 2. Aspirants can check the selection criteria for XAT in the table below.
|Name of the Programme||Phase 1||Phase 2|
|PGDM||Candidates have to clear the minimum cutoff (sectional as well as overall) of XAT entrance exam.||A candidate has to clear the 30-minute Group Discussion (GD) round consisting of 8 to 10 participants and Personal Interview (PI).|
|PGDM (GM)||Candidates have to clear the cutoff of either XAT or GMAT.||Shortlisted candidates will be called for Personal Interview (PI). Interviews are also conducted through G-talk/Skype for overseas candidates.|
|PGDM (BM), Part-Time (JSR)||Candidates have to clear an aptitude test or provide valid scores of other credible MBA entrance exams.||Further, candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in Personal Interview (PI) round.|
|PGDM (HRM)||Selection in the first phase will depend upon a candidate’s performance in XAT.||Candidates will then be called for Group Discussion (GD) basis which they are shortlisted for the course.|
Documents required for XAT Counselling 2021
Candidates must carry these documents for the document verification process of XAT counselling 2021.
- All academic scorecards.
- XAT scorecard.
- XAT admit card.
- Original XAT counselling letter along with a photocopy of counselling letter
- XAT Admit Card Original and Xerox copies
- Bank draft as per the guidelines mentioned in the official brochure
- Academic Certificates (class X & XII; Bachelor’s Degree)
- XAT 2020 Rank Card
- Scorecard (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate
- Medical documents
- 4-6 Passport size photographs colour and black and white
Institutes accepting XAT Score
XAT Score is accepted by different Institutes which participates in the XAT counselling. Candidates need to secure the cutoff marks to be eligible for taking admission in these institutes. Once the counselling process is over and candidates are satisfied with the seats allotted to them, they can proceed for the fee payment of the colleges they opted for.
For more details regarding the Institute accepting the XAT Scores, candidates can check the link here- Institutes Accepting XAT Scores.
XLRI Jamshedpur Expected Cutoff for XAT 2021
Candidates can check the table below for the XAT expected cutoff for XLRI Jamshedpur to clear the phase 1 of the XAT admission process 2021. The cutoff marks are provided for both male and female candidates for both the courses of Business Management (BM) and Human Resource Management (HRM).
|Category||XLRI HRM XAT Cutoff
|XLRI HRM XAT Cutoff
|XLRI BM XAT Cutoff
|XLRI BM Cutoff
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||75||70||95||93|
|Verbal Ability (VA)||85||80||80||75|
XAT Admission Process 2021
Once the XAT counselling process is completed, candidates can proceed for the document verification process at the XAT Counselling centre. Candidates must carry all the documents which are required for the document verification process. Post completion of the document verification process, candidates can proceed for the payment of admission fees if they are satisfied with the seat allotted to them. Candidates should remember that the fee payment process should be completed on the day itself at the institutes.
For more details regarding the XAT Counselling process, candidates must keep themselves updated by following the latest updates posted on our site.