Looking forward to doing an MBA in International Business? Go for the IIFT exam. MBA in IB is a flagship course of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. It is one of the most unique management courses in India. National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the IIFT 2021 Exam. Check the syllabus and preparation tips below.
Latest News on IIFT 2021
- January 16, 2021: The admit card for IIFT 2021 is released. Candidates can check and download their admit cards by logging in. Visit the IIFT Admit Card page for the direct link.
- January 1, 2021: The application form correction facility for IIFT 2021 is available from today. Candidates can make necessary corrections in their application forms until January 3, 2021. Visit the IIFT Application Form Page for more information.
- December 19, 2020: The last date to apply for IIFT 2021 is extended to December 30, 2020.
- What is IIFT Exam?
- IIFT 2021 Exam Date
- IIFT 2021 Eligibility
- IIFT 2021 Syllabus
- IIFT 2021 Exam Pattern
- IIFT 2021 Preparation Tips
- IIFT 2021 Reference Books
- IIFT 2021 Registration
- IIFT 2021 Application Process
- IIFT 2021 Admit Card
- IIFT 2021 Exam Centres
- IIFT 2021 Answer key
- IIFT 2021 Result
- IIFT 2021 Counselling
- Scholarship Scheme
- IIFT 2020 Cut off Marks
- IIFT 2020 Exam Analysis
- Contact Details
What is IIFT Exam?
The government of India set up the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), a Deemed University in the year 1963. IIFT is one of the top business schools that stands as a centre of excellence in International Trade and Business. IIFT 2021 entrance examination enables students to get qualified and enrolled in New Delhi and Kolkata campuses. Foreign candidates can enroll in IIFT based on their GMAT scores.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is an autonomous organization that helps professionalize the country's foreign trade management and increment sends out by creating labor, investigating information, and conducting researches. IIFT has a tie-up with more than 25 Institutes around the world and proceeds to benchmark itself with best practices internationally.
Along with other things, IIFT Conducts Management Development Programs (MDPs). IIFT also facilitates business executives to explore new frontiers of knowledge, sharpen their skills, and help their organizations to achieve newer heights.
In 1963, the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was set up by the Government of India. IIFT has a strong heritage of more than 50 years and is seen as a fundamental Institute in the field of International Business in India.
IIFT turned into a regarded University in 2002 and extended its national impression through campuses in Kolkata and an SME Center in Shimla. IIFT is as of now Grade A licensed by NAAC and has additionally started the procedure of applying for prestigious international accreditations.
Campuses: There are three campuses of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT). They are:
- IIFT New Delhi Campus
- IIFT Kolkata Campus
- IIFT Kakinada Campus
IIFT entrance examination happens at a national level for the students to pursue Full-time or Part-time management courses at the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. IIFT Exam will be conducted once every year. Candidates who are intending to give this test should fill the application form by visiting the official website. After qualifying the IIFT Entrance Test, they will go undergo further rounds of selection for the MBA-IB programs at IIFT Campuses. These rounds may consist of Group Discussion and Personal Interview which has a weightage of 15% and 20% respectively whereas the IIFT Exam carries the most weightage which is 65%.
IIFT 2021 exam pattern followed by IIFT contains Logical ability, Quantitative ability, Verbal reasoning, and General Awareness. IIFT 2021 syllabus that candidates must follow is similar to their high school subjects such as English grammar, number system, fractions, decimals, Quantitative ability, Verbal ability, and so on. IIFT 2021 exam centers for IIFT exams are spread across 20 cities in India. Candidates who wish to take the IIFT Exam can find out more details about the exam and further selection process below.
Particulars regarding IIFT 2021 Exam are given in the table below.
|Exam Name||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Entrance Test|
|Acronym||IIFT Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level||National level Exam|
|Category||Post Graduate (PG)|
|Exam Date||January 24, 2021|
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-Based Test (CBT)|
|Course||MBA-IB (Master in Business Management - International Business)|
IIFT 2021 Exam Date
Notification for the IIFT 2021 has been released on November 6, 2020. Candidates should check the official website of the IIFT Exam regularly for the latest updates. The candidates will get to know about the entire schedule of the IIFT 2021 Exam which will include start and end date of the IIFT 2021 Registration, IIFT 2021 Exam Dates, IIFT 2021 Result and IIFT 2021 Counselling Dates soon.
The registration process is fully online mode and the exam will also be conducted in online mode. Make sure that you are aware of IIFT 2021 Exam Dates so that you would not miss out on any of them.
The last date to fill the application form is December 30, 2020. Those who want to apply for IIFT 2021 exam can download the admit card from January 16, 2021 from IIFT official website. Results will be published tentatively on the February 7, 2021. Applicants can get their results through online mode only.
As per the IIFT 2021 official notification, the IIFT 2021 exam dates are given below. Some of them are tentative whereas others have been confirmed by the conducting authority. Please note that the dates might likely change in lieu of the pandemic and candidates need to keep a lookout here for updates.
|Important Events of IIFT 2021||Corresponding Dates|
|Release of Online Application Form||November 6, 2020|
|Last date to submit the Application Form||December 30, 2020 (Extended)|
|Successful Final Transaction of fee||December 30, 2020|
|Correction in particulars||January 1, 2021 - January 3, 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card to Download||January 16, 2021|
|IIFT Exam Date||January 24, 2021|
|Timing of IIFT Examination||3:00 pm to 5:00 pm|
|IIFT Results Date||February 7, 2021|
|Last date to fill the Online Application Form and to submit GMAT score for Foreign Nationals and NRI||February 15, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Counselling Dates||February 2021|
|Final Selection Results Date (after GD/PI)||February 2021|
|Dates for Jammu Kashmir & Ladakh Students|
|Application Window||To be announced|
IIFT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The IIFT exam is conducted every year as an admission test for the IIFT. IIFT only accepts the scores obtained in the IIFT Exam. Candidates who want to register for the IIFT Exam should first go through the IIFT 2021 Eligibility Criteria and check whether they meet all the criteria for the exam and only then apply for the exam. The IIFT 2021 Eligibility Criteria is based upon factors like educational qualification, nationality, and age.
The minimum qualification required for the candidates to take IIFT 2021 is to possess a graduation degree from a recognized university in any discipline of minimum 3 years with 50% marks. For reserved categories such as Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons With Disabilities (PWD) the minimum is 45%. Candidates in the final year of graduation are also eligible for applying for IIFT 2021.
IIFT 2021 Age Limit
There is no upper age limit for IIFT 2021. Candidates who are studying in their final year examination of graduation degree are also eligible to apply. But they will need to produce the proof of qualification on or before the last date given by the conducting authorities.
IIFT 2021 Nationality
Applying candidates can be an Indian citizen. NRIs and Foreign Nationals are also eligible to apply, although they will have different entry requirements for the IIFT Exam.
IIFT 2021 Reservation
IIFT 2021 Eligibility doesn't consist of any reservation for candidates of SC/ST/OBC categories. However, seats will be reserved as per the norms of Government of India.
|Category||Reservation of seats|
|General Category-Economically Weaker Section (GEN-EWS)||10%|
|Other Backward Class-Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
As can be seen, a total of 49.5% of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to reserved categories. This leaves about 220 seats for General Category candidates. Work experience is not particularly necessary but would be helpful in the selection process.
IIFT Eligibility for Foreign Candidates and NRIs
Eligibility for IIFT 2021 Exam for Foreign Nationals and NRI candidates is slightly different. Criteria for them are mentioned below:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years' duration and he/she should have obtained more than 50% marks.
- Appearing candidates must produce the proof of requisite qualification to the institution before the last date given by IIFT.
- To be eligible for giving IIFT exam, a candidate should be a resident outside India for a period not less than 18 months as on December 31, 2020, and be outside India while IIFT examination window. Applicants who are working, living, studying abroad should produce a certificate from the Indian Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of the country where he/she is currently based along with the application form. It should be stated clearly that an applicant has been the resident of that country continuously for more than 18 months.
- Foreign Nationals should have a valid passport or other travel documents from any country other than India. Foreign candidates who are in India at the time of registration window are required to take the same.
- They should also have a valid GMAT score that has to be submitted to the Institute before February 15, 2021. Candidates must note that the ones who gave their GMAT exam before January 1, 2019, their scores are not be valid.
IIFT 2021 Syllabus
IIFT 2021 Syllabus includes English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and Quantitative Analysis. You should practice the previous year question papers to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam. The syllabus is the most significant part of preparing for the IIFT 2021 exam. All candidates must thoroughly know the syllabus in order to gather all study materials such as reference books, previous year question papers, mock tests, etc.
The following are some of the important topics given for each section.
|Verbal Ability||Logical Reasoning||Quantitative Analysis|
|One word substitution||Clocks||Work and Time|
|Matching the prefix and suffix||Calendars||Simple Interest|
|Fill in the blanks||Arguments||Triangles|
|Figures of speech||Conclusions||Circle|
|Active and Passive voice|
Reading Comprehension [Passages]
|Graphs||Business and Technology|
|Pie Charts||Current Affairs|
|Bar Diagrams||Fact-based topics|
|Comparative Tables||International happenings|
Note: Syllabus for IIFT 2021 is not fixed as slight changes are made every time. Hence, the candidates are advised to check the updates on IIFT official website.
IIFT 2021 Exam Pattern
IIFT exam will have a single paper. Exam pattern like any B-School entrance test which has objective type questions (MCQs) testing your reasoning, verbal abilities, and more. The medium of the examination will be English.
Mode of Examination
IIFT examination will be conducted in online mode i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT). You have to select one option out of the given alternatives for the questions asked in the IIFT exam.
Sections included in between
Some sections which have been included are English Grammar, Vocabulary, and Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and Quantitative Analysis.
No. of Questions and total marks
IIFT Exam paper is for 100 marks and the number of questions varies from year to year. The exam duration is 2 hours and will start at 10:00 am and will end at noon.
Learn more about IIFT 2021 Exam Pattern.
How to prepare for IIFT 2021?
IIFT 2021 Exam preparation tips can come in handy to qualify the examination. Preparation tips help the candidates to crack the exam and get good scores in IIFT 2021 exam. The IIFT 2021 aspirants must be very thorough with the IIFT 2021 syllabus. They must collect all the study materials such as reference books, preparation notes, previous question papers. The preparation tips for the IIFT 2021 is given below. All IIFT 2021 aspirants must pay attention to the daily routine and make an effective study plan.
The exam consists of over a hundred questions, that are needed to be answered within a time frame of 2 hours. Questions are overall easy to attempt, but the challenge lies in the aspect of getting through all of the questions within that given time. So, you need to be fast at reading questions, then understanding it as it is intended, and then coming to a logical conclusion.
These things can only be mastered if you have practiced the format as frequently as possible. This means you must daily take one mock test or practice sample papers or even a previous year question paper to improve speed along with accuracy. You are halfway into cracking IIFT 2021 if you can attempt all of the questions.
Don't look back
If you have marked an answer you shouldn't be coming back to it in doubt. This will consume unnecessary time, which could be used to solve other questions. So, the second quality you need to develop is Accuracy. Again this can be cultivated with the help of solving as many practice papers as possible.
IIFT 2021 Entrance Exam will mostly test a candidate's time management skills not just quantitative and verbal ability. So both speed and accuracy are the primary tools of any candidate for efficient time management and thus will give you an edge over your competitors.
There are a total of 6 sections in IIFT Exam. You need to find out in which sections you are more strong and in which sections you need little practice. Now you need to make sure that you finish the sections that you are strong much quicker so that you could transfer that extra time to the sections that take more time.
Remember that there are sectional cutoffs and you need to clear every one of those cutoffs to crack this exam. Learn the basics and other methods that could help you to solve questions easily.
IIFT 2021 Exam Strategy
Prepare your strategy around the following attributes.
- Time management.
- Speed and accuracy.
- Scoring more than sectional-cut-offs.
Be clear with your exam strategy and solve a couple of previous year questions papers. IIFT Previous year question papers will help and provide you with an understanding of the IIFT 2021 question paper. Apart from this, you can also learn about the best preparation strategies to crack sectional wise cutoff of IIFT exam, as the participating institute also requires that for admission.
IIFT 2021 Reference Books
The IIFT 2021 Exam is composed of sections like Logical Reasoning, English, General Knowledge, Quantitative Analysis etc. It is essential to be prepared in each section of the exam in order to get a good score in IIFT 2021 Exam. In addition to a good exam preparation strategy, candidates must also refer to appropriate study material for the IIFT 2021 Exam. Since there are a number of books and practice guides available for IIFT preparation, it can be hard to choose reference books. Here is a list of some of the must-haves books for IIFT 2021 Exam preparation.
- Word Power Made Easy - Norman Lewis
- High School English Grammar and Composition - Wren and Martin
- 30 Days to More Powerful Vocabulary - Wilfred Funk and Norman Lewis
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning - R. S. Agarwal
- How to prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT - Arun Sharma
- Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for CAT - Nishit Sinha
- Manorama Year Book
- India Year Book
- Newspapers - The Hindu, The Indian Express, Hindustan Times, The Telegraph, Financial Express, Economic Times
- Quantitative Aptitude - R. S. Agarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations - Abhijit Guha
- Pearson's guide to Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation - Nishit Sinha
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT - Arun Sharma
- Data Interpretation for the CAT - Arun Sharma
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT - Pearson
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency - Disha Publications
IIFT 2021 Registration
IIFT Registration process is needed to be done via online mode. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the IIFT exam on behalf of the institute starting with releasing the registrations forms 2021 on the official website. IIFT 2021 Application Process is a four-step process. Candidates first need to register, login, and fill up the application form, pay an application fee (IIFT Prospectus Fee) and upload documents on the official website.
Application Form Availability
IIFT 2021 Exam Application Form will be available from November 6, 2020 onwards.
Application Form Last Date
The Application Form will be available until December 30, 2020. Make sure you fill the application well before the last date to avoid any inconveniences. You can fill the form in the online mode too.
While filling IIFT 2021 Application form, you need to upload the scanned documents such as signature, a recent passport-sized photograph, caste certificate (if any), and PwD certificate (if any). You should make sure that scanned documents should be in the ".jpg" or ".jpeg" format. So, before the registration process candidates should make sure that all of these documents are available with them.
General category candidates have to pay the IIFT 2021 exam application fee of INR 2000, and the candidates under the SC/ST/PwD/Transgender category are required to pay a fee of INR 1000. Foreign students will have to pay the registration fee of USD 200 or INR 15000.
|Foreign Nationals/NRIs||INR 15000 or USD 200|
After completing the payment and submitting your application, it is advised to take a printout of your application form for future references.
IIFT 2021 Application Process
The application form for the IIFT 2021 Exam will be available on official website. Candidates can register for the exam from the website. Given below are the steps candidate can follow during the IIFT 2021 Application Process.
Steps to apply to IIFT 2021 Exam:
- First candidates have to visit the official website of the exam where form will be made available. Then find and click on the icon that says "Admission 2021".
- After clicking on the link, applicants will be redirected to a page that has instructions for filling the IIFT 2021 Application form and "Apply now" button. Click on the "Apply now" after reading the instructions carefully.
- Candidates will need to register themselves and create an account on the website before filling the application form.
- Now candidates will be able to login to their accounts by using login credentials. After logging in, they will be required to enter their details like name, date of birth, mother's name, father's name, gender, category, email and mobile number, address etc.
- Once candidates have entered all the necessary details, they will need to upload documents like photograph, signature as per the instructions
- Following the successful upload of the images, the candidate will be able to select exam centres for the IIFT 2021 Exam.
- Finally, candidates can make the payment of fees for the application.
IIFT 2021 Admit Card
Candidates have to download IIFT Admit Card from their registered accounts on the official website. The admit card is a very important document and the candidate will not be permitted inside the test centre without it. The IIFT 2021 admit card will also have many important details such as the candidates' names, application or registration number, exam centre, timing, rules, and regulations that all aspirants must read thoroughly. Along with the IIFT 2021 admit card the candidates must also carry other valid documents to the exam centre.
Availability of IIFT 2021 Hall Ticket
IIFT 2021 Admit Card will be available only on the official website of the CEE. Candidate can download the admit card from January 16, 2021 onwards.
Information on the admit card includes a candidate’s name, the application number, examination centre, timings, etc. Most importantly, it will contain the address of the test centre. You should locate your exam centre a few days before the exam day.
Reporting of Discrepancies
If you find any mistakes or discrepancies in your downloaded Admit Card, then report the same issue immediately to IIFT and get it rectified to avoid possible disqualification on the exam day.
You need to carry any one of the valid photo ID proof along with IIFT Admit Card. The list of items that can be used as a Photo ID proof includes Passport, PAN Card, Adhar Card, Voter ID Card, etc. Candidates must preserve their admit cards until completion of their admission process.
Steps to download IIFT 2021 Admit Card
- Go to the official website of the NTA.
- On the website, look for an option that says "IIFT 2021 Admit Card" and click on it.
- After clicking on the admit card link, candidate will be redirected to a new screen.
- Candidates have to enter their registered id and password and login to their NTA IIFT account.
- Once candidate logs into the account, they will be able to view the IIFT 2021 Admit Card.
- Candidate can download the IIFT 2021 Admit Card and take prints of it for future use.
IIFT 2021 Exam Centres
IIFT Exam 2021 is going to be conducted in India throughout 224 cities. These cities can be chosen by the candidates at the time of filling the application form. Candidates will be provided with the opportunity to choose 4 exam cities. But out of those selected choices, a candidate will be allotted with one exam center only. Check the complete list of IIFT 2021 Exam Centres.
Note: No request for changing the exam center will be entertained once the exam center is allotted to the candidate.
IIFT 2021 Answer key
The IIFT 2021 Answer key will be released after the successful conduction of the exam. The IIFT will be released on the official website in a PDF form. The candidates can download the IIFT 2021 Answer Key by following the given steps below -
- Visit the official website of IIFT NTA and click on 'View question paper - IIFT MBA (IB) only Indian candidates’
- Log in with all the required login credentials such as application number, password, etc.
- The answer key will display on the candidate's screen
- There will be an option of 'download' on the answer key.
- Click on Download answer key and save it for reference.
The IIFT 2021 Answer key can also be challenged in case the candidates think that a particular answer is wrong. For each wrong answer that the candidate will challenge he/she must pay an amount of INR 1000 through any of the online modes. The Final Answer key for IIFT 2021 will be released after all the objections have been accepted and considered.
IIFT 2021 Result
Candidates qualifying the exam will be eligible for the entry into the 2nd round of selection process. The IIFT scorecard will be made available for the candidates a few days after the declaration of merit list. Institute declares the IIFT 2021 Results in the form of a scorecard.
Mode: You can only access your IIFT Results through Online Mode, which is through the registered account in the IIFT Official Website.
How to check the IIFT result?
The procedure to download the results is provided below.
- First, you should go to the official website of IIFT.
- Upon landing on the home page, look for the "results" tab.
- Log in with your username and password. You will require to provide your exam roll number and date of birth to log in to check the results of IIFT Exam.
- Upon filling the credentials, you will be directed to the next page where you will see your scorecard. The scorecard will contain the particulars such as name, roll number, DOB, Total Marks, Section wise cutoff, etc.
IIFT 2021 Counselling
The selection process of IIFT 2021 will consist of 3 main steps that act as a filter to shortlist the most deserving candidates.
There are several rounds which screen the candidates for IIFT 2021 admission. The rigorous selection process consists of three stages - Essay Writing, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview. The cutoff will be released after the results published.
Required documents for the IIFT 2021 Counselling are as follows: IIFT 2021 Score Card, Counselling Letter, Category Certificate, Class 10 and Class 12 Certificate, IIFT Admit Card, Passport Size Photograph.
Note: Admission to the NRI or foreign nationals will be provided based on the GMAT score and an interview.
IIFT has a special provision for Scholarships and Financial Aids for students who meet certain specifications that are set by them. IIFT has a functional Need-Based Scholarship Scheme and under this arrangement, the institute makes the payment for the interest subsidy for a given amount of time, on education loan taken by a candidate whose family has an annual income of less than INR 4.50 Lakhs.
Another scholarship scheme is available from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Ministry of Tribal Affairs for four SC and four ST candidates who manage to obtain admission in IIFT.
Conditions to avail scholarship scheme are given below:
- The total family income of a candidate's family from all sources must not be more than INR 4.50 Lakhs per year.
- If a student fails to pass the final exam of each year of his/her PG degree or even a terminal exam, his scholarship will be automatically terminated.
IIFT 2021 Cut off
IIFT cut off is the minimum score required to be eligible for Essay writing (EW), Group Discussion GD), and Personal Interview (PI) round of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) admissions. Shortlisting of candidates for the second round of IIFT admissions based on the sectional cut-offs. Candidates who do not clear the sectional wise cut-off will not be shortlisted for the second round. Given below are the expected section-wise IIFT 2021 cut-offs, previous year's cut-offs, and admission procedure.
IIFT 2021 cut-offs: Key Point
- IIFT cut-offs are different for the three IIFT campuses - Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada
- IIFT cut off 2021 will be determined and announced after the exam
- Candidates will meet the (sectional and overall) cut-offs will be shortlisted for the second round of IIFT admission process
Is the work experience necessary for IIFT?
No, work experience is not required to get admission into IIFT. Though the candidates with 1-2 years of work experience are also allowed to take admission in IIFT, the candidates having more than 2 years of work experience are unlikely to be allowed to take admission.
IIFT 2020 Exam Analysis
More than 39000 and odd candidates applied for IIFT 2021 and reportedly around 35000 candidates appeared for the exam. Although the difficulty level of IIFT 2020 was easier when compared to the previous year, the overall difficulty was of moderate level. The exam took place in more than 225 exam centres in India.
The IIFT exam took place on December 1, 2019. A major change was that IIFT 2020 had only 4 sections, unlike previous years. The exam which took place from 10 AM to 1 PM had a moderate difficulty level.
Candidates who attempted the test felt that the questions were not straightforward and twisted.
|RC passages||Moderate to difficult, RC Passages were lengthier|
|DI||Difficult as problems were calculation intensive|
|GK||Moderate. Questions were based on finance & international events|
IIFT 2021 Contact Details
In case of any queries contact IIFT Campuses:
For New Delhi Campus
Address: Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida-201309 (UP)
Websites: : iift.nta.nic.inIIFT Related Exams