Looking forward to doing an MBA in International Business? Go for IIFT exam. MBA in IB is a flagship course of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. It is one of the most unique management courses in India. Check the syllabus and preparation tips below:
- What is IIFT?
- Exam Dates
- What is the eligibility criteria for IIFT?
- How to prepare for IIFT?
- How to register for IIFT?
- Admit Card
- Exam Pattern
- Scholarship Scheme
- Cut Offs
- Number of Seats in MBA (IB)
- Is work experience necessary for IIFT?
- Contact Details
- Important News
- Related Exams
What is IIFT Exam?
The Government of India set up the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), a Deemed University, during the year 1963. IIFT is one of the top business schools that stands as a centre of excellence in International Trade and Business. The entrance examination IIFT 2020 enables the students to get qualified and enrolled in New Delhi and Kolkata campuses. Foreign candidates can enrol in IIFT based on their GMAT scores.
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is an autonomous organization which helps professionalize the country's foreign trade management and increase exports by developing manpower, analyzing data and conducting researches. The Institute has a tie-up with more than 25 Institutes around the world and proceeds to benchmark itself with best practices internationally.
Along with other things, IIFT Conducts Management Development Programs (MDPs). IIFT also facilitates business executives to explore new frontiers of knowledge, sharpen their skills and help their organizations to achieve newer heights.
History: The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was set up in 1963 by the Government of India. IIFT has a solid legacy of over 50 years and is perceived as the main Institute in the field of International Business in India.
IIFT turned into a regarded University in 2002 and extended its national impression through campuses in Kolkata and an SME Center in Shimla. IIFT is as of now Grade A licensed by NAAC and has additionally started the procedure of the applying for prestigious international accreditations.
Vision: The Vision of IIFT Institute is to create new ideas and, to create new concepts and develop new skills in the candidates for the innovation of India.
Campuses: There are three campuses of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT). They are
- IIFT New Delhi Campus
- IIFT Kolkata Campus
- IIFT Kakinada Campus
The entrance examination of IIFT happens at a national level for the students to pursue Fulltime or Part-time management courses at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade.
- Frequency: The IIFT Exam will be conducted once every year.
- Application Form: Candidates who are intending to give this test should fill the IIFT 2020 Application Form by visiting the official website.
- Exam Pattern: The IIFT 2020 exam pattern followed by IIFT contains Logical ability, Quantitative ability, Verbal reasoning, and general awareness.
- Syllabus: The IIFT 2020 syllabus that candidates must follow is similar to their high school subjects such as English grammar, number system, fractions, decimals, Quantitative ability, Verbal ability and so on.
- Exam Centers: The IIFT 2020 exam centres for IIFT exams are spread across 20 cities in India.
The particulars regarding the IIFT 2020 Exam are given in the table below
|Exam Name||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Entrance Test|
|Acronym||IIFT Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Delhi|
|Level||National level Exam|
|Category||Post Graduate (PG)|
|Exam Date||2nd December 2019 (Tentative)|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Course||MBA - IB(Master in Business Management - International Business)|
|Total No of Seats||440 (220 - IIFT Delhi campus, 140 - IIFT Kolkata campus & 60 - IIFT Kakinada Campus)|
The notification about the IIFT 2020 is expected to be released in the month of July 2019. The registration process is fully online mode, while the exam is conducted in offline mode. Make sure that you are aware of the IIFT 2020 Exam Dates so that you would not miss out on any of them.
- Registration: The IIFT 2020 exam Application Form for admission into MBA - IB (Master in Business Management - International Business). The last date to fill the application form is 7th September 2019.
- Admit Card: Those who have applied for the IIFT 2020 exam can download the IIFT 2020 exam admit card from 8th July 2019 from the IIFT official website.
- Exam Paper: IIFT Exam consists of a single paper with 6 sections of aptitude.
- IIFT 2020 Results: Results will be published in the 4th January 2020. Candidates can get their results through online mode only.
|Important Events of IIFT 2020||Corresponding Dates|
|Release of Online Application Form||8th July 2019 (Tentative)|
|Last date to Submit the Application Form||24th September 2019 (Tentative)|
|Last Date for Request of Exam Centre Change||5th November 2019 (Tentative)|
|Availability of Admit Card to Download||11th November 2019 (Tentative)|
|Exam Date||1st December 2019 (Tentative)|
|Results Date||15th January 2020 (Tentative)|
|Score Card Release Date||24th January 2020 (Tentative)|
|Counselling Dates||January & February 2020 (Tentative)|
|Final Results||March 2020 (Tentative)|
What is the eligibility criteria for IIFT?
The minimum qualification required for the candidates to take the IIFT 2020 is to possess a graduation degree in any discipline of minimum 3 years with 50% marks. For reserved categories such as Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons With Disabilities (PWD) the minimum is 45%.
Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for IIFT 2020. Those are studying in their final year examination of graduation degree are also eligible to apply.
Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian citizen. Foreign nationals are also eligible to apply.
Reservation: IIFT 2020 Eligibility doesn't consist of any reservation for candidates of SC/ST/OBC categories. However, seats will be reserved as per the norms of Government of India.
|Category||Reservation of seats|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||23%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Non-Resident Indian (NRI)||4%|
As can be seen, a total of 49.5% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to reserved categories. This leaves about 220 seats for General Category candidates. Work experience is not particularly necessary but would be helpful in the selection process.
How to prepare for IIFT?
IIFT 2020 Exam preparation tips can come in handy to qualify the examination. The preparation tips help the candidates to crack the exam and get good scores in IIFT 2020 exam.
Speed is all that Matters
The Exam consists of over a hundred questions, that are needed to be answered within the time frame of 2 hours. The questions are overall easy to attempt, but the challenge lies in the aspect of getting through all of the questions within that given time. So you need to be faster at reading the questions, then understanding it as it is intended and then coming to a logical conclusion. These things can only be mastered if you have practiced the format as frequently as possible. You are half way into cracking the IIFT if you are able to attempt all of the questions.
Never Look Back
If you have marked an answer you shouldn't be coming back to it in doubt. This will consume unnecessary time, which could be used to solve other questions. So the second quality you need to develop is Accuracy. Again this can be cultivated with the help of solving as many practice papers as possible. The IIFT 2020 Entrance Exam will mostly test the candidate's time management skills not just quantitative and verbal ability. So both speed and accuracy are the primary tools of any candidate for efficient time management and thus will give you an edge over your competitors.
There are a total of 6 sections in the IIFT Exam. You need to find out in which sections you are more strong and in which sections you need little practice. Now you need to make sure that you finish the sections that you are strong much quicker so that you could transfer that extra time to the sections that take more time. Remember that there are sectional cutoffs and you need to clear each and every one of those cutoffs to crack the exam. Learn the basics and other methods that could help you to solve the questions easily.
IIFT 2020 Exam Strategy:
- Time management.
- Speed and accuracy.
- Scoring more than sectional-cut-offs.
Be clear with your exam strategy and solve a couple of previous year questions papers. IIFT Previous year question papers will help and provide you with an understanding of the IIFT 2020 question paper.
How to register for IIFT?
The Registration process for the IIFT 2020 is completely online mode. The official website of the IIFT will have the application form for the Exam.
The IIFT Application Process is a four-step process. The candidates first need to register, login and fill up the application form, pay the application fee (IIFT Prospectus Fee) and upload documents on the official website.
- Application Form Availability: IIFT 2020 Exam Application Form will be available from 8th July 2019 onwards.
- Application Form Last Date: IIFT 2020 exam Application Form will be available until 7th September 2019. Make sure you fill the application well before the last date to avoid any inconveniences. You can fill the form in the offline mode too.
- Necessary Documents: While filling IIFT 2020 exam Application form, you need to upload the scanned documents such as Signature, Photograph, Left Thumb Impression. You should make sure that scanned documents should be in ".jpg" or ".jpeg" format. So, before the registration process candidates should make sure that all of these documents are available with them.
- Payment Structure: General category candidates have to pay the IIFT 2020 exam application fee of INR Rs. 1550, and the candidates under the SC/ST category are required to pay a fee of INR 775. For foreign students will have to pay the registration fee of US$ 80 or INR 4500.
After completing the payment and submitting the application, it is advised to take a printout of the application form for future references.
The candidates have to download the admit cards from their registered accounts on the official website. This Admit card is a very important document and the candidate will not be permitted inside the test centre without it.
- Admit Card Availability: IIFT 2020 Admit Card will be available only on the official website of the CEE. Candidate can download admit card from 16th September 2019 onwards.
- Information Contains: Information in the IIFT 2020 exam Admit Card includes candidate’s name, the application number, examination centre, timings and more will be available on the IIFT 2020 admit card.
- Discrepancy: If you find any mistakes or discrepancies in the downloaded Admit Card, then report the issue immediately to IIFT and get it rectified to avoid any possible disqualification on the exam day.
- ID Proof: Also, you need to carry any one of the valid photo ID proof along with the Admit Card. Photo ID proof may be Passport, PAN Card, Adhar Card, Voter ID Card etc.
Candidates must preserve the admit card until the total completion of their admission process.
The IIFT 2020 exam will have a single paper. The exam pattern like any B School entrance test has the objective type (MCQs) testing your reasoning and verbal abilities.
- Exam Dates: IIFT 2020 exam will most probably be on 2nd December 2019, in 20 designated exam centres across the country.
- Mode of Examination: The IIFT 2020 examination will be conducted in offline mode i.e. Pen and Paper based-test (PBT). The students have to mark one of the correct among the four choices on the OMR sheet.
- No. of Sections: There are a total of 6 sections in the IIFT 2020 exam. They include Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, General Knowledge.
- No. of Questions and total marks: The IIFT 2020 paper is for 100 marks and number of questions vary from year to year.
- KEAM 2019 Time Table: The exam duration is 2 hours and will start at 10 AM and will end at 12 PM.
The marking scheme for each of the sections is divided in the following way:
- Reading Comprehension - (+1) mark for each correct answer and (-0.33) for each wrong answer
- Verbal Ability - (+1) mark for each correct answer and (-0.33) for each wrong answer
- Quantitative Aptitude - (+1) mark for each correct answer and (-0.33) for each wrong answer
- Logical Reasoning - (+1) mark for each correct answer and (-0.33) for each wrong answer
- Data Interpretation - (+0.75) mark for each correct answer and (-0.25) for each wrong answer
- General Knowledge - (+0.25) mark for each correct answer and (-0.08) for each wrong answer
IIFT 2020 Syllabus will focus on English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and Quantitative Analysis. You should practice the previous year question papers to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam.
The following table contains the section-wise IIFT 2020 Syllabus.
|Quantitative Aptitude||Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation||English||General Knowledge|
|Algebra||Critical Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||Business & Economics|
|Arithmetic||Arrangements||Fill in the blanks||Awards & Records|
|Geometry||Puzzles||Para-jumbles||Science & Environment|
|Number System||Syllogisms||Sentence Correction||History & Geography|
|Modern Mathematics||Coding & Decoding||Odd one out||International Organisations|
|Statistics||Venn Diagrams||Vocabulary based||Social Issues|
|Set theory||Graphs & Charts||Idioms and Synonyms & Antonyms||Politics & Sports|
Note: The syllabus for IIFT 2020 is not fixed and the candidates are advised to check the updates on IIFT official website.
The scorecard for the IIFT 2020 will be made available for the candidates a few days after the declaration of merit list. The institute declares the IIFT 2020 Results in the form of a scorecard.
- Mode: You can only access your IIFT Results through Online Mode, which is through the registered account in IIFT Official Website.
How to check IIFT Results?
Procedure to download the results is provided below.
- First, you should go to the official website of IIFT.
- Upon landing on the home page, look for the "results" tab.
- Log in with your username and password. You will require to provide your exam roll number and date of birth in order to log in to check the results of IIFT 2020.
- Upon filling the credentials, you will be directed to the next page where you will see your scorecard. The scorecard will contain the particulars such as name, roll number, DOB, Total Marks, Section wise cutoff, etc.
The selection process of IIFT consists of 3 main steps which act as a filter to shortlist the most deserving candidates.
- Selection Procedure: There are several rounds which screen the candidates for IIFT 2020 admission. The rigorous selection process consists of three stages - Essay Writing, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The cut off will be released after the results published.
- Documents: The required documents for the IIFT 2020 Counselling are as follows: IIFT 2020 Score Card, Counselling Letter, Category Certificate, Class 10 and Class 12 Certificate, IIFT Admit Card, Passport Size Photograph.
- Note: The admission to the NRI or foreign nationals will be provided on the basis of GMAT score and an interview.
The Institute of IIFT has a special provision for Scholarships and Financial Aids for students who meet certain specifications that are set by them.
IIFT has a functional Need-Based Scholarship Scheme and under this arrangement, the institute makes payment for the interest subsidy for a given amount of time, on education loan taken by a candidate whose family has an annual income of less than INR 4.50 Lakhs.
Another scholarship scheme is available from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Ministry of Tribal Affairs for four SC and four ST candidates who manage to obtain admission in IIFT.
Conditions to avail scholarship scheme are given below:
- The total family income of the candidate from all sources must not be more than INR 4.50 Lakhs per year.
- If the student fails to pass the final exam of each year of the PG degree or even a terminal exam, his scholarship will be automatically terminated.
Cutoffs will give the idea to you regarding the minimum amount of marks to secure to qualify the IIFT exam. The section-wise cutoff is listed in the table below for year 2019.
|Verbal ability and Reading Comprehension||9.67||31|
|Logical ability and Data Interpretation||8||36.5|
The cutoffs for the year 2018 is also provided in the table below with its graphical representation.
|Category||Cut off (Out of 100)|
|Other Backward Class-NCL (OBC(NCL))||30.5|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||20.02|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||22.69|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||23.69|
The section wise cutoff for the previous year are mentioned below
Total MBA Seats filled through IIFT 2020
The number of seats that the IIFT 2020 exam needs to fill are mentioned in the table below
|Total Number of Seats||440|
Is work experience necessary for IIFT?
No, work experience is not required to get admission into IIFT. Though the candidates with 1-2 years are also allowed to take admission in IIFT, the candidates having more than 2 years of work experience are unlikely to be allowed to take admission.
In case of any queries contact the IIFT Campuses:
For New Delhi Campus
Address: Ms. Meenakshi Saxena, Administrative Officer,
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi-110016.
Phone: 39147385/39147319 (Direct), 39147200.
Fax: 011-26853956, 26533285, 26867851.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Kolkata Campus
Address: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
1583, Madurdaha, Chowbagha Road,
Ward No 108, Borough XII,
Kolkata - 700107.
Fax: +91-33-2443 2454.
Q: Are NRI candidates eligible to gain admission?
Yes. NRI candidates can gain admission into the university if they have a valid GMAT score.
Q: Is it possible to change the exam centre after the application form is submitted?
Yes. Candidates can change the exam centre once. The request must be sent through online INR 1000 must be paid by the candidate if they want to change the centre.
Q: What are the factors taken into consideration to admitting a candidate into the university?
Performance of the candidate in the entrance exam, writing skill assessment, group discussion and personal interview are taken into consideration while short-listing the candidates.
Q: What is the marking scheme of IIFT?
Each question is given different marks. The range varies from 0.5 to 1.0 and 1/3rd of the mark allotted is deducted for every wrong answer.
Q: Can NRI sponsor candidates eligible for the exam?
No. NRI sponsor candidates are not eligible to apply for the exam.
Q: Is the reservation system followed by the university?
Yes. The university admits candidates based on the reservation system as stated by the government of India.
Q: What percentage of seats are reserved for NRI candidates?
Out of 440 seats, 4% of seats are reserved for NRI candidates.
Q: What is the uniqueness of the application form for IIFT?
The application form is separate for different category of candidates.
Q: Is the application fee refundable?
No. The application fee of a registered application form cannot be refunded under any circumstance. If multiple payments are made for a particular application form, then the extra amount can be refunded.
Q: Does the university take part in 'Student Exchange Program'?
Yes. The IIFT is affiliated to many foreign institutions and is involved in the 'Student Exchange Program'.
Q: Does the university offers fully residential programs?
Yes. MBA (IB) is a fully residential program.
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) stands as one of the A Grade B-schools which offers management courses in International Business (IB).
- Students are given exposure to international perspectives during this program.
- The selection process for IIFT 2020 includes a written test, Group Discussion (GD), Writing Skill Assessment and Personal Interview (PI).
- IIFT 2020 exam will be on 2nd December 2019. Both applications for the entrance exam begins from 8th July 2019.