All India Management Association (AIMA) released the MAT February result for CBT/ IBT/ PBT on April 2, 2021. The candidates can check it online, on the official website. The scorecard for MAT 2021 will contain the sectional and overall scores attained by the candidates. MAT 2021 is conducted in three modes, PBT, CBT, and IBT. The IBT stands for the Internet-Based Test. It is a remotely proctored test in which the candidates will be able to take the test from their homes. The candidates will be asked to enter their credentials on the official login portal, to view the AIMA MAT result 2021.
- How to download MAT Result 2021?
- Steps to get MAT Results 2021 through SMS
- MAT Result 2021 Important Dates
- Details mentioned on MAT 2021 Scorecard
- MAT Score and Percentile Calculation
- How to download the duplicate scorecard for MAT 2021?
- What after MAT Result 2021 announcement?
- Colleges accepting MAT 2021 Score
- MAT Result FAQs
How to download MAT Result 2021?
The result for MAT is announced online, on the official website. The candidates should not expect the conducting authorities to send them their scorecards. The detailed steps to download the MAT result are given below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of AIMA to check the MAT Results 2021 - mat.aima.in
- Step 2: On the homepage of the official website, they must click on the 'AIMA MAT Result 2021' button.
- Step 3: After clicking on the MAT result 2021 tab, they will be redirected to a new page where candidates have to enter their credentials, such as Roll No., Form No., and Month in which the test was held to get the results.
- Step 4: After entering all the credentials click on the 'Submit' button provided.
- Step 5: After the credentials are submitted, the MAT exam results and the MAT scorecard will be displayed on the screen. This is what the scorecard will look like:
Steps to get MAT Results 2021 through SMS
Candidates can also get their MAT result 2021 through SMS. In order to view the MAT result 2021 through SMS, candidates can follow the procedure given below:
- Step 1: The candidates are required to enter their Application Number and DOB (Date of Birth) by prefixing MATS (in caps) and send it to 54242.
- Step 2: The AIMA MAT result 2021 or the MAT scorecard will be automatically received on the verified valid phone number.
MAT Result 2021 Important Dates
Candidates are highly advised to be aware of the important dates related to the MAT exam results so that they do not delay the further procedure after the MAT result 2021 release. The following table displays all the information regarding AIMA MAT result 2021 for PBT as well as for the IBT mode.
|Important Events||MAT Examination Mode|
|MAT PBT 2021||February 20, 2021||March 8, 2021 - March 13, 2021||March 6, 2021|
|MAT2021 Result Date||March 2, 2021||To Be Notified||To Be Notified|
Details mentioned on the MAT Scorecard 2021
The MAT result 2021 or in the MAT scorecard 2021 contains the overall score secured by the candidate. It also contains the marks scored by the candidate in subjects such as:
- Language Comprehension
- Mathematical Skills
- Data Analysis & Sufficiency
- Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
- Composite Score
- Indian & Global Environment
MAT Score and Percentile Calculation
In MAT examination, each question carries 4 marks and for every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks are deducted. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the MAT exam is being conducted in both pen and paper-based mode, as well as in Internet-based mode. To normalize the score, a scaled MAT score is prepared. The MAT score and the percentile computation as designed by AIMA is mentioned below:
- Two types of scores are computed, which are: the Composite Score and the Indian & Global Environment Score.
- The MAT exam paper will be consisting of four sections based on which the scores are calculated using. The four sections are Mathematical skills, Data Analysis and sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, and Language Comprehension.
- The MAT composite score is reported on a scale of 199 to 801, score below 200 and above 800 are rare. These scores are marked as 199 or 801 respectively.
- The Indian and Global Environment score is reported on a scale of 0 to 100.
MAT 2021 Result Instructions
All candidates are required to understand the MAT 2021 result instructions, which are mentioned below:
- Validity: MAT 2021 score and result will be valid for one year only.
- Merit List: MAT 2021 Merit List is prepared based on the score obtained in the exam. The merit list will be updated only after the MAT 2021 Results are announced.
- Future reference: Candidates are advised to keep a printout of their MAT results 2021 and scorecards for further reference during the admission procedure that will follow.
- Scorecard submission: Candidates are required to submit their MAT 2021 scorecard while applying for admission to various B-schools.
How to download the duplicate scorecard for MAT 2021?
In any instance, if any candidate loses his or her MAT scorecard for MAT result 2021, then a duplicate scorecard can be downloaded. To download the duplicate MAT scorecard, applicants are advised to follow the following procedure.
- The candidates need to write a letter on plain paper as an application to AIMA urging them to provide MAT 2021 exam scorecard.
- Candidates seeking duplicate MAT scorecards need to attach the photocopy of the lower half of the MAT 2021 admit card, with the application.
Send the application in a self-addressed envelope with the following specifications:
- Size 24 cm x 12 cm (approximate)
- Your address in capital letters.
- A postage stamp of INR 40 is to be affixed on speed post and sent to the AIMA, New Delhi.
What after MAT Result 2021 announcement?
After the conducting authority announces the MAT result 2021, the participating colleges and universities of MAT will declare their respective MAT cutoff. Applicants who meet the qualifying marks for the respective institute will be given a chance to participate in further rounds of the admission process. Once the candidates are selected by any particular university, they will have to pay the fees and confirm their admission. Following are some of the top MAB colleges accepting MAT score 2021 are -
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Usha & Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management, New Delhi
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida, Lucknow
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Gandhinagar
- FLAME School of Business, Pune, amongst others.
The MAT cut off 2021 would range from 200 to 700, depending on the rank of the B-schools.
Colleges accepting MAT 2021 Score
Several institutes from all over the country offer MAT scores to grant admission to interested candidates into the management program of their choice. Here's a list of some of the colleges which are accepting MAT 2021 scores:
|Bengal College of Engineering and Technology||Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan, Kolkata|
|KIIT University||Future Institute of Engineering and Management|
|Birla Institute of Management and Technology, Bhubaneswar||Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata|
|NSHM Business School||Development Management Institute, Patna|
|Institute of Business Management, Kolkata||Netaji Subhas Institute of Business Management|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||Asia Pacific Institute of Management|
|Fortune Institute of International Business||Birla Institute of Management and Technology, Gr. Noida|
|Galgotia's Business School, Gr. Noida||TERI University, New Delhi|
|BVB's Usha and Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management, New Delhi||SRM University, Modinagar|
|OP Jindal Global University||Dr. Gaur Hari Singhania Institute of Management and Research, Kanpur|
|JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur||MITS School of Business, Pune|
|Institute of Rural Management, Jaipur||Dr. DY Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune|
|The IIHMR University, Jaipur||Mitcon Institute of Management, Pune|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Jaipur||Shanti Business School, Ahmedabad|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Indore||Suryadutta Institute of Business Management and Technology, Pune|
|GITAM University, Visakhapatnam||Acharya School of Management, Bangalore|
|Christ University, Bangalore||VIT University, Bangalore|
|Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management and Research||IFIM Business School, Bangalore|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||SRM University|
|Thiagarajar School of Management, Madurai||Vignana Jyothi School of Management, Hyderabad|
MAT Result FAQs
Q. What is a good score in MAT?
A. A majority of candidates score between 200 to 600 in MAT. A composite score of 400 or more can be classified as a "good MAT score."
Q. What is MAT scaled score?
A. For every section, the MAT scores are scaled from 0 to 100. This scaled score gets converted into percentile score, based on the candidate's performance in comparison with that of the other candidates.
Q. What do you understand by 'Percentile Below' in MAT scorecard?
A. Percentile Below is the percentage of candidates who appeared for the MAT exam and scored lesser than you. Read this example to understand the meaning of 'percentile below' mentioned on your MAT scorecard- If a candidate receives 80% percentile, it means that the candidate has scored higher than 80% of the candidates who attempted the exam.