Qualifying Candidates have to successfully clear the qualifying cut off of UPTU exam to be eligible for the counselling process. Counselling process shall be completely online. Here are updates regarding the counselling process which will help you to have a brief idea about.
- December 1, 2020: The registrations for the final special round of the UPTU 2020 Counselling have started today. Candidates can register and get their documents verified by December 3, 2020.
- November 30, 2020: The seat allotment list for the first special round of UPTU 2020 is released.
- November 18, 2020: The fourth round seat allotment list for admissions through UPTU 2020 Counselling is released. Candidates have time till November 21, 2020, to pay for their allotted seat. Physical reporting to the college will be allowed from November 21 to November 24, 2020. Check the UPTU Exam Dates Section for the Counselling Schedule.
- November 13, 2020: The third round seat allotment for UPTU 2020 is announced. Candidates can submit their confirmations by November 17, 2020.
Candidates who have successfully scored a minimum cutoff percentage (25%) shall be called for UPTU 2020 counselling according to their rank in the merit list. However, allotment of seat shall depend on the availability of the seats on the day of counselling.
The fee paid at the time of UPTU counselling by the candidate after allotment of seat will be final and will not be refunded under any circumstances even if the candidate does not report for the admission to allotted institutions. Successful candidates will have to take part in the UPTU 2020 counselling process. There will be four rounds of counselling in total.
Note: UPTU counselling date rank wise will be out and conveyed to qualifying candidates and you should keep a check with official website for the same.
UPTU 2020 Counselling Details
Step wise demonstration of Counselling Process is specified below:
- Step 1: Registration, Document uploading & Payment of counselling fee
- Step 2: Document verification
- Step 3: Filling of choices
- Step 4: Seat allotment result
- Step 5: Seat Confirmation or Online willingness by candidates
- Step 6: Physical Reporting at the college (at end of third round by all candidates allotted seats)
Check Counselling Procedure by Clicking Here.
UPTU 2020 Counselling Schedule
|UPTU 2020 Counselling Events||Dates|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 1st Round: Commencement of registration and choice filling.||October 19, 2020|
|Last date of registration for UPTU 2020 Counselling 1st round.||October 22, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 1st Round: Document Verification.||October 20, 2020 - October 23, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 1st Round: Online Choice Locking||October 20, 2020 - October 26, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 1st Round: Responding to Queries||October 20, 2020 - October 24, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 1st Round: Seat Allotment||October 26, 2020|
|Freeze/Float||October 26, 2020 - October 29, 2020|
|Payment for Confirmed Seats||October 26, 2020 - October 29, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 2nd Round: Commencement of registration and choice filling||October 30, 2020|
|Last date of registration for UPTU 2020 Counselling 2nd round||November 2, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 2nd Round: Document Verification||October 30, 2020 - November 5, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 2nd Round: Online Choice Locking||October 30, 2020 - November 6, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 2nd Round: Responding to Queries||October 30, 2020 - November 5, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 2nd Round: Seat Allotment.||November 6, 2020|
|Freeze/Float||November 6, 2020 - November 9, 2020|
|Payment for Confirmed Seat||November 6, 2020 - November 10, 2020|
|Withdrawal from Counselling Process||November 5, 2020 - November 10, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 3rd Round: Commencement of registration and choice filling.||November 10, 2020|
|Last date of registration for UPTU 2020 Counselling 3rd round.||November 11, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 3rd Round: Document Verification.||November 10, 2020 - November 12, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 3rd Round: Online Choice Locking||November 10, 2020 - November 13, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 3rd Round: Responding to Queries||November 10, 2020 - November 12, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 3rd Round: Seat Allotment.||November 13, 2020|
|Freeze/Float||November 13, 2020 - November 17, 2020|
|Payment for Confirmed Seat||November 13, 2020 - November 18, 2020|
|Withdrawal from Counselling Process||November 13, 2020 - November 18, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling 4th Round: Seat Allotment.||November 18, 2020|
|Payment for Confirmed Seat||November 18, 2020 - November 21, 2020|
|Physical Report of Freeze Seat Candidates at PI||November 21, 2020 - November 24, 2020|
|Internal Sliding in Govt Colleges||November 26, 2020|
|Seat vacancy For Special Round||November 26, 2020|
|5th Round - Registration and Payment of Fee (Special Round 1)||November 26, 2020 - November 28, 2020|
|5th Round - Document Verification||November 26, 2020 - November 29, 2020|
|5th Round - Online Choice Filling and Payment of INR 20000||November 26, 2020 - November 30, 2020|
|5th Round - Seat Allotment||November 30, 2020|
|6th Round - Registration and Payment of Fee (Special Final Round)||December 1, 2020 - December 2, 2020|
|6th Round - Document Verification||December 1, 2020 - December 3, 2020|
|6th Round - Online Choice Filling and Payment of INR 20000||December 1, 2020 - December 4, 2020|
|6th Round - Seat Allotment||December 5, 2020|
UPTU Counselling 2020 Branch Code
Applicants need to select branch for which they are seeking admission to while registering for UPTU 2020 counselling. Branch Codes are specified in below table format:
|Branch Name||Branch Code||Streams|
|Applied Electronics & Instrumentation||AI||B.Tech|
|Building Engg & Construction Technology (Architecture)||BE||B.Arch|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy||BP||B.Pharm|
|Chemical & Alcohol Technology||CA||B.Tech|
|Computer Science & Engineering||CS||B.Tech|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CSI||B.Tech|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||EC||B.Tech|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||EI||B.Tech|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||EN||B.Tech|
|Electronics & Telecomm Engineering||ET||B.Tech|
|Electronics Instrumentation & Control||EX||B.Tech|
|Electronics & Computer Engineering||ECZ||B.Tech|
|Electrical & Computer Engineering||EZ||B.Tech|
|Fashion & Apparel Design||FD||B.FAD|
|Instrumentation & Control||IC||B.Tech|
|Interior Design (Architecture )||ID||B.Arch|
|Industrial Production Engg||IP||B.Tech|
|Man Made Fiber Technology||MM||B.Tech|
|Material & Metallurgical Engineering||MST||B.Tech|
|Mechanical & Industrial Engineering||MX||B.Tech|
|Production & Industrial Engineering||PI||B.Tech|
Highlights of Branch Codes of MBA and MCA courses is given blow:
|Branch Name||Branch Code||Streams|
|Master of Business Administration(MBA)||M1||MBA|
|Master of Business Administration _Business Economics||M2||MBA|
|Master of Business Administration_Finance & Control||M3||MBA|
|Master of Business Administration_Tourism Management||M4||MBA|
|Master of Business Administration_International Business (IB)||M5||MBA|
|Master of Business Administration_Financial Management (FM)||M6||MBA|
|Master of Business Administration_Agri. Business||M17||MBA|
|Master of Business Administration_Marketing||M20||MBA|
|Master of Business Administration_E-Commerce||M21||MBA|
|Master of Business Administration_Human Research & Development||M22||MBA|
|Master of Computer Applications||MCA||MCA|
UPTU 2020 Counselling Documents
Documents required for UPTU 2020 Counselling process are as follows:
- SC/ ST Certificate: Candidates who selected UPSC/UPST/GDSC/GDSC in the category section of UPTU 2020 application form should submit a community certificate signed by the authorized authority.
- OBC Certificate: Candidates who selected UPBC/GDBC in the category section of UPTU 2020 application form should submit a community certificate signed by an authorized authority.
- Domicile Certificate: Candidates who have selected UPGD/GSC/GDSC/GDBC in the category section of UPTU 2020 application form and whose parents are the domicile of Uttar Pradesh should submit domicile certificate to claim reservation benefits.
- Dependents of Freedom Fighter: Candidates who have selected UPFF in sub-category section of UPTU 2020 Application Form should submit the relevant certificate at the time of document verification.
- Son/Daughter of Defence Personnel: Candidates who have selected UPAF in sub-category section of UPTU 2020 application form should submit the relevant certificate at time of document verification.
Handicapped/Disabled Certificate: Candidates who have selected UPHC in sub-category section of UPTU 2020 application form should need to have physical handicap/disability certificate.
- Rural Weightage: Candidates who selected UPGE in the category section of UPTU 2020 application form and want to claim seats reserved for the rural applicant should submit the relevant certificate at time of document verification.
- Dominance: A weightage of 3% of total marks obtained at UPTU 2020 will be given to UPGE candidates for B.Tech/ B.Pharm/ B.Arch/ BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA/ courses and who have passed the qualifying examination from an institution situated in the rural area of Uttar Pradesh. Institutions should be situated in the jurisdiction of Gram Panchayat but area should not be industrially developed.
Note: Rural weightage is not applicable for candidates under UPGD category and a candidate opting any other reservation benefits and for the candidate opting direct admission to second year.
- Character Certificate: Candidates should submit a character certificate issued by institute/college from where she/he has pursued or completed their qualification.
- Medical Certificate: Candidates will have to submit a certificate of medical fitness at the time of UPTU 2020 counselling. The medical standards prescribed are given below:
- Declaration Certificate: Candidate should submit declaration certification mentioning about their medical fitness and they are fully capable of the pursuit of studies in courses in which they were seeking admission through UPTU 2020.
- All India Service: Candidates who have selected GDDA in the category section of UPTU 2020 application form and who is an employee of All India Services belonging to Uttar Pradesh cadre should submit the relevant certificate at time of UPTU 2020 counselling to claim reservation benefits.
- Income Certificate: As per AICTE notification fee waiver seats for economically weaker meritorious candidates are also available in B.Tech/ B.Pharm/ B.HMCT/ B.FAD/ BFA courses in all institutions affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow. No tuition fee will be charged from candidates admitted to such seats. Fee waiver seats will be limited to a maximum of 5% of approved intake in the course and will be over and above the sanctioned intake. Economically weaker students must submit income certificate at time of UPTU 2020 verification of documents.
- Admit Card: Candidates should submit UPTU 2020 Admit Card which should have the signature of the invigilator of examination centre.
- Rank Card: Candidates should carry a photocopy of UPTU 2020 Rank Card which will be published on the official website after declaration of results.
- Mark Sheet: Candidates should carry the original and attested copy of Class 10th, Class 12th, and all equivalent qualifying examination certificate & marks sheet.
- Photograph: Candidates should carry around 4 to 6 passport size photograph which they have used to upload in UPTU 2020 application form while they go for document verification of UPTU 2020.
Note: After document verification, candidates will be given a One-time-password (OTP) to log in for choice filling of colleges affiliated with UPTU 2020 along with courses which they are seeking to get admission.