Before appearing for UPTU 2020 candidates need to be very knowledgable about Exam Pattern. Exam pattern holds very key to success and to secure a good rank in the examination. Generally, the exam will be conducted in both offline and online mode and before appearing for UPTU 2020 exam candidates need to know constituents of the exam. Here are some details regarding the UPTU 2020 Exam Pattern which will help you to understand the format of the UPTU exam.
UPTU 2020 Exam Pattern
Authorities of AKTU will release the UPTU 2020 exam pattern for candidates appearing along with an information brochure. Candidates need to know about exam pattern thoroughly. Specification related with exam pattern of UPTU 2020 is given below:
- Selecting: UPTU 2020 will be conducted for eleven papers with objective multiple type questions except Drawing Aptitude test (Part B of paper 4). Candidates are required to opt papers and subjects for appearing in UPTU 2020 entrance examination.
- Examination Mode: Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4 shall be OMR based Test. Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10 and Paper 11 will be Computer Based Test.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will score (+) four marks for every correct answer in all objective type questions. There is No Negative marking in UPTU 2020 Examination.
|1||Mode of exam||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
|2||Language of exam||English and Hindi|
|3||Duration of exam||3 hours|
|5||Total sections||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|6||Total number of questions in the exam||Physics – 50, Chemistry - 50, Mathematics - 50|
|7||Marking scheme of exam||4 marks will be awarded for correct answers. No negative marking will be awarded for unattempted questions.|
Highlights of Exam Pattern duration for different courses are tabulated below:
|B.Tech / B.Des / MCA (Integrated)||Paper 1||3 Hours|
|B.Tech (Bio-Technology)||Paper 1 or Paper 2||3 Hours|
|B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering)||Paper 3||3 Hours|
|B.Pharm||Paper 1 or Paper 2||3 Hours|
|B.Arch||Paper 4||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|BHMCT / BFAD / BFA / MBA (Integrated)||Paper 5||1 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Lateral Entry: B.Tech 2nd Year(for Engg Diploma Holders)B.Pharm 2nd Year (for Pharmacy Diploma Holders)B.Tech 2nd Year (for B.Sc Graduates)||Paper 6Paper 7Paper 8||1 Hours 30 Minutes|
|MBA||Paper 9||2 Hours|
|MCA||Paper 10||2 Hours|
|Lateral Entry: 2nd Year MCA||Paper 11||2 Hours|
- All objective type questions are required to be answered concerning the question number. The candidate is supposed to select only one choice for the correct answer to each question.
- Every objective multiple type question would carry four marks for each correct answer. More than one answer indicated against questions will be deemed as an incorrect answer and no marks are awarded for UPTU 2020 incorrect answer.
- There will be no negative marking in UPTU 2020. However, a record of incorrect answers given by a candidate will be kept separately to create a merit list.
- Answers in OMR based UPTU 2020 examination (Paper 1, Paper 2, paper 3 and Paper 4) are to be marked using a ballpoint pen (Black / Blue) only. For evaluation in these papers, details filled in by the candidate in OMR answer sheet will be treated as final.
- Answers in Computer-Based UPTU 2020 examination (Paper 5, Paper 6, paper 7, paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10 and Paper 11) are to be selected by clicking on the option displayed on a computer screen. Multiple answers are not accepted and after completion of one section candidates need to click on the submit button.