Symbiosis International University (SIU) has changed SNAP Exam Pattern yet again. Total questions in SNAP exam 2019 were 115 and total marks allocated for SNAP 2019 is 150.
SNAP 2020 is expected to be held on December 15, 2020 in online (computer-based) mode. Aspirants should apply online at www.snaptest.org after the application form are released. Like other major MBA entrance exams like CAT/ XAT, SNAP also has three common sections – QA/ DILR and English. Current Affairs is an additional section in the exam pattern of SNAP.
SNAP 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern of SNAP 2019 involves multiple sections where a candidate needs to cope up to get top score in SNAP exam. Applicants need to go through the Syllabus of SNAP and the structure of the exam thoroughly to secure good marks. Exam pattern of SNAP 2019 constitutes the following details:
- SNAP Test is a computer-based test.
- Question paper contains 115 questions and total marks for SNAP 2019 is 150.
- The duration of the test is 2 hours.
- The test is an objective type test.
- Normal question part carries one mark and whereas the special section part carries two marks.
- Each wrong answer counts for 25% negative marks.
- Each question has four alternatives and candidates need to select any one of them.
Exam Structure of SNAP 2019 is given below in the tabular format:
|Number of Sections||4|
|Marks for each Correct Answer||General English, Quantitative Ability, DI & DS and General Awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning: 1 mark each question|
|Negative Marking||1/4th (25%) of marks allotted to question|
|Duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Number of questions||150 questions|
|Total Marks||150 marks|
Types of Questions:
There are four sections in SNAP exam paper and it consists of 2 types of questions namely normal and special questions;
- Normal Questions will be objective in nature i.e. MCQ type. Each question will have 4 responses suggested as answers, out of which one that seems appropriate must be selected
- Special Questions will have to fill in the blanks where answers will have to be entered using a virtual keyboard. For example, if a question is “What is the capital of Australia?” A candidate needs to enter the answer as CANBERRA by using a virtual keyboard.
SNAP 2020 Marks Distribution
Maximum marks for the constituent sections of SNAP 2020 are given below. There will be a few special answer type questions. Questions will be of varying weightage. The total marks scored in SNAP is different from percentile.
|Section||No. of Ques||Marks-Correct Answer||Special Questions||Marks-correct special answer||Total Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension (RC), Verbal Reasoning & Verbal Ability (VA)||34||1.5||-||51|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning (LR)||36||1.5||-||54|
|Data Interpretation (DI), Quantitative Aptitude & Data Sufficiency||35||1||5||2||45|
Every wrong answer will have a negative marking of 25%. For questions carrying 1 mark, negative marking of 0.25 mark will be applicable and for 2 marks questions, 0.5 marks would be deducted for every wrong answer.
Important Guidelines for SNAP 2020
Key points related with marking of SNAP exam 2020 are as follows.
- There will be a penalty of marks, charged for marking wrong or incorrect answers i.e. negative marking will be applicable. For every inaccurate answer, 1/4th mark will be deducted from the total score of candidates.
- No mark will be deducted from the total score of a student for leaving a question blank or failure in attempting it.
- Marking of two options will be considered as a wrong answer and negative marking will be applicable accordingly.
- The duration of SNAP exam 2020 is 2 hours. After submitting an answer sheet candidate is not allowed to enter the hall again. The exam will be held from 2 pm to 4 pm. But after 2:45 PM candidates can leave exam hall if they are done writing their answers.
- Candidates appearing can only appear for SNAP exam once a year. Check out eligibility criteria for SNAP exam 2020.
- You can attend whichever question you want and in the order you want, there is no pre-fixed order to attend sections. SNAP exam allows the candidate to freely switch among different sections present in the question paper. And there is no restriction to solve a particular section within a given amount of time.