It is important for candidates to go through the announced SNAP exam pattern before attempting the exam. Studying the SNAP exam pattern will help candidates understand the structuring of the paper, and prepare for the attempt accordingly. SNAP exam pattern will also give an idea about different important aspects of the paper including the time duration and the SNAP marking scheme.
There are four sections in the SNAP exam paper and it consists of 2 types of questions category:
- Normal questions will be objective in nature i.e. MCQ type. Each question will have 4 responses suggested as answers, out of which one that seems appropriate must be selected
- Special questions will have to fill in the blanks where answers will have to be entered using a virtual keyboard. For example, if the question is “What is the capital of Australia?” A candidate needs to enter the answer as CANBERRA, using a virtual keyboard.
SNAP paper pattern 2021 is mentioned in the table below.
|Number of Sections||4|
|Marks for each Correct Answer||General English, Quantitative Ability, DI & DS and General Awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning: 1 mark each question|
|Negative Marking||1/4th (25%) of marks allotted to question|
|Duration||1 hour (60 minutes)|
|Number of questions||60 questions|
|Total Marks||60 marks|
SNAP Exam Pattern 2021 Marking Scheme
Official authorities at Symbiosis University are responsible for deciding the marking scheme for the SNAP exam pattern. Candidates come across some common queries when it comes to SNAP paper pattern, ' is there negative marking in SNAP exam?' ' what is the duration of the SNAP exam?', and a few more. The official authorities try to give out notifications on a regular basis to avoid any misinformation to spread and also answer the mentioned queries in their announced SNAP exam pattern. Candidates are advised to stay updated about the notifications for the SNAP paper pattern.
The marking scheme for the SNAP exam pattern changes every year according to the trends and few influencing factors. Candidates should have knowledge about the SNAP marking scheme for the SNAP exam pattern before attempting the exam. The SNAP exam pattern marking scheme is mentioned in the table below:
|Type of question||Correct Answer||Incorrect Answer|
|Normal Question||1 mark for all the sections in the 2021 SNAP exam pattern||-0.25 or deduction of 25% of the total weightage of the question|
|Special Question||No special questions in 2021 SNAP exam pattern||No special questions in 2021 SNAP exam pattern|
SNAP Exam Pattern 2021 Marks Distribution
Applicants are advised to go through the SNAP exam pattern marks distribution, to understand the weightage of different sections in the SNAP exam pattern 2021. Marks distribution for the constituent sections of SNAP 2021 as per the SNAP exam pattern is given in the table below. There will be a few special answer type questions. SNAP scoring pattern will consist of questions with varying weightage.
|Section||No. of Ques||Marks-Correct Answer||Marks-Incorrect Answer||Total Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension (RC), Verbal Reasoning & Verbal Ability (VA)||25||1||-0.25||25|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning (LR)||20||1||-0.25||20|
|Data Interpretation (DI), Quantitative Aptitude & Data Sufficiency||15||1||-0.25||15|
Changes in the SNAP Exam Pattern 2021
SNAP exam pattern undergoes major changes every year. The official authorities at SIU tend to change the SNAP exam pattern on the basis of both internal and external factors affecting the admission process of the particular year. Aspiring candidates can view the comparison of the previous year SNAP exam pattern with the present one, in the table mentioned below.
|Particulars||SNAP 2020||SNAP 2019|
|Number of questions||60||110|
|Duration||60 mins||120 mins|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||25 Questions||36 Questions|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation, and Data Sufficiency||20 Questions||36 Questions|
|General English||15 Questions||34 Questions|
SNAP Exam Pattern 2021 Important Guidelines
After analysing the SNAP test pattern, candidates should be able to form their preparation strategy accordingly. There are a few important guidelines related to SNAP question pattern 2021, which applicants should be aware of, to avoid unnecessary mistakes during the attempt. These guidelines will also help candidates understand the SNAP scoring pattern in terms of the structuring of the question paper. Key points related to the marking mentioned in the SNAP paper pattern are mentioned below:
- There will be a penalty of marks, charged for marking wrong or incorrect answers i.e. negative marking will be applicable. For every inaccurate answer, 1/4th mark will be deducted from the total score of candidates as per the announced SNAP exam pattern 2021.
- SNAP exam pattern guidelines state that no mark will be deducted from the total score of a student for leaving a question blank or failure in attempting it.
- There will not be any variable marking, all the questions in the SNAP test pattern will carry 1 mark.
- SNAP General Knowledge pattern states that marking of two options will be considered as a wrong answer and negative marking will be applicable accordingly.
- According to the SNAP exam pattern, the duration of the SNAP 2021 is 1 hour and the exam will be held from 11 am to 12 pm.
- Candidates are allowed to apply for the SNAP exam once a year.
- Before analysing the SNAP question pattern 2021, check out eligibility criteria for SNAP 2021.
- Candidates can attend questions in the order that they want, there is no pre-fixed order or time duration mentioned in the SNAP exam pattern.
CAT Exam Pattern Vs SNAP Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates to better structure their preparation strategy, and understand the SNAP test pattern trend that Symbiosis Univerity has been following can refer to the comparison table mentioned below. Candidates can compare the CAT exam pattern with the SNAP exam pattern to analyse the difference between the designing of both of the test papers. In the process of understanding how the SNAP scoring pattern is designed, analysing and comparing the CAT exam pattern can come as a contributing factor. The comparison of the exam pattern of CAT and SNAP exam is mentioned in the following table.
|Conducting Body||IIMs||Symbiosis International Deemed University|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-based test||Computer-based test|
|Frequence of the exam||Once a year||Once a year|
|Duration of the exam||180 minutes||120 minutes|
|Number of sections||3||3|
|Types of questions||75-MCQs rest Non-MCQs||105 MCQs 5 NonMCQs|
|Sectional time limit||
VARC - 60 min
DI & LR - 60 min
QA -60 min
|No sectional time limit|
|Option to switch between sections||Candidates cannot switch between sections||Candidates can answer questions from any section|
|Difficulty level||Moderate to difficult||Easy to moderate|