The XAT Eligibility 2021 is set by its organizing body, which is XLRI Jamshedpur. XAT 2021 is scheduled on January 3, 2021. Candidates should make sure to meet the XAT eligibility criteria 2021 in order to be eligible for applying for the XAT 2021 Exam. Failing to meet the XAT eligibility requirements will result in candidates being deemed ineligible and their application forms will be considered invalid. The eligibility criteria for the XAT exam generally involve age limit, minimum qualification, nationality and minimum marks (aggregate score). All relevant details associated with XAT Eligibility is mentioned and elaborately explained below. It is important to check this before proceeding to fill the XAT application form.
XAT Eligibility Highlights For XAT 2021
Candidates must keep themselves updated regarding the XAT eligibility before filling the XAT application form. Candidates who are meeting all the requirements led by XLRI Jamshedpur will be able to fill the application form of XAT 2021. They must have completed their graduation from any stream from any recognized institute. As per the official notice, there is no specific cut off percentage or CGPA that is required as a part of the graduation qualifying exam. Apart from all these, the highlights and details for the XAT 2021 Eligibility are given below in the form of a table. Candidates can view and make a note of the same.
|XAT Exam Eligibility Criteria||Details|
|Age Limit for XAT||No maximum age limit|
|Minimum XAT Qualification 2021||Minimum 3 Years Bachelor’s Degree or in the Final Year of Bachelor’s Degree|
XAT Eligibility Details 2021
The complete details regarding the XAT eligibility criteria for XAT exam regarding the educational qualification, nationality, reservation, age limit are discussed below. Candidates must go through the XAT exam eligibility before filling the application form of XAT.
- XAT Qualification: Candidates should satisfy the minimum XAT eligibility criteria for writing XAT 2021. A recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration or equivalent in any discipline is mandatory for XAT 2021. Candidates appearing in their final year exam of their Under Graduate Programme are also eligible to apply and attempt XAT 2021.
- Age Limit for XAT 2021: There is no age limit for XAT 2021 applicants. XLRI does not withhold any candidate from seeking admission through the XAT exam for MBA/PGDM courses on the basis of age as a XAT eligibility criterion.
- Nationality: NRI and foreign candidates are also given the opportunity to apply for XLRI on the basis of their GMAT exam scores.
- Reservation: There are reservations for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, OBCs and as well as for Physically Handicapped candidates for XAT 2021 exam. Candidates under reservation can enjoy a 5% relaxation in the qualification marks.
- Number of Attempts: As per the official notification, there is no limit on the number of attempts made by candidates who applied for the XAT exam.
- Backlogs: Candidates must have cleared all backlogs before applying for the XAT 2021 exam.
XAT 2021 Eligibility Programme-Wise
XLRI Jamshedpur has specific programme-wise criteria for candidates. All candidates need to make sure that they satisfy these XAT criteria before they apply for the same. You can find all the relevant details about the XAT eligibility criteria as given below:
|XLRI Programme||XAT Eligibility Criteria|
|General Management Programme||
|Human Resource Management||
XAT 2021 Eligibility for International Applicants
Candidates who are meeting the following XAT eligibility criteria are eligible to apply for XAT 2021. They have the option to apply for XAT through XAT or GMAT.
NRI Candidates: A person is treated as "not ordinarily resident/ NRI" when they satisfy any one of the following conditions for XAT eligibility:
- If they are not resident of India in nine out of ten preceding years.
- If they are in India for a period of 730 days or more during the preceding seven years.
Foreign Candidates: "Foreign National" (FN) are those candidates who have the citizenship of a foreign country (citizens of all countries other than India) and not having the status of "NRI" and/or "Persons of Indian Origin" (PIO) are eligible for XAT eligibility.
Persons of Indian Origin: "Persons of Indian Origin" (PIO) is a person who has foreign citizenship (except Pakistan and Bangladesh) without "NRI" status, but who holds a Foreign Passport at the time of sending application, are considered for admission and during the period of his study and he/she or anyone/ both of their parents or anyone / both of his /her grandparents is (or was) / are (or were) citizen (s) of India by virtue of the provisions of the Constitution of India.
Importance of Checking XAT Eligibility Criteria
It is important to check for all the XAT eligibility before applying for the exam or filling the application form of XAT. In case the details filled in the application form is found incorrect or the candidates are not meeting the requirements, then the authority has the right to cancel the candidature of the candidates for the academic session even after the candidate have qualified for the exam. Candidates must remember that the application fees of XAT will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Note: NRI or Foreign nationals in order to take admission to XLRI have to give the GMAT exam.