All India Management Association (AIMA), the conducting Authority of Management Aptitude Test (MAT), released the MAT eligibility criteria 2020.
MAT Eligibility 2020
MAT exam is conducted four times a year i.e. in the months of February, May, September, and December. As per the MAT eligibility criteria, the aspirants must have completed the graduation in any stream from a recognized college, institute, or university. In addition, there is no age limit to appear for the MAT 2020 exam. The eligibility criteria to apply for MAT Exam is:
- Age Limit
- Academic Qualification
- Reservation or Percentage (Minimum 50% in Graduation Course)
Candidates must check the MAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 before they apply for MAT 2020. Applicants who can qualify the eligibility standards can only apply for the MAT 2020 Exam.
The last date for MAT 2020 Registration for the paper-based test is June 24, 2020 and the computer-based test is January 26, 2020. Candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream from a recognized institute or university are eligible to apply. Final year graduates from any discipline including, science, humanities, commerce or engineering stream from a recognized institute or university are eligible to apply. There is no age limit under MAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
There are no restrictions on the number of attempts for taking the MAT exam. If the candidates do not satisfy the eligibility criteria then their MAT 2020 Admit card will not be issued.
In the section, MAT 2020 eligibility criteria is explained:
- No job experience is required to apply for the exam.
- A certain number of seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes.
- A candidate can apply for the exam as many times as he/she wants to
- The final year graduate students who clear MAT Exam need to submit proof of the completion of their graduation. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of their admission to a respective institute.
Based on Education Qualification
Bachelor's degree: Candidates should have a Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized Board or University to be eligible for MAT Exam 2020.
Percentage: To be eligible for MAT Exam 2020, applicants should have obtained a minimum of 50% in their graduation course.
Special Categories: Percentage limit for Scheduled Castes (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (SC), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Persons With Disability (PWD) candidates to be eligible for MAT Exam 2020 is 45%.
Final Year Students: Final year candidates can also apply for MAT Exam 2020 but they should meet the eligibility criteria. Before applying for the B-School candidate make sure that they clear their final year exams.
Work Experience: For MAT Exam 2020 candidate need not have work experience but if the candidate has any work experience then it will give additional weightage to the candidate's profile.
Based on the Nationality
- Indian Citizen: Candidates who are the citizens of India are eligible to apply for MAT 2020 Exam.
- NRI Candidates: MAT 2020 provide admission to NRI candidates also. Details regarding the NRI candidate will be mentioned on the official website of AIMA.
Based on Age Limit and Attempts for the Candidates
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for candidates to be eligible to apply for the MAT 2020 Exam.
- Attempts Limit: There is no limit to the number of attempts they can take in this MAT 2020 Exam.
- Variations in the minimum score: The minimum score limit varies in a few Management Institutes. Check the AIMA & Management Institutes' website for the required information. Further details on Eligibility Criteria can be obtained from the official website for MAT 2020 Exam.
Before filling up the Application Form it is advised to the candidates that they go through the AIMA-MAT guidelines and read the minimum eligibility criteria, understand the MAT Exam Pattern.