Eligibility for an exam means the validation to participate in an examination. It includes different criteria right from the age of the candidate to its academic performance, stream, university/ board and more. In this section, we will discuss the KMAT Karnataka eligibility criteria.
KMAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
KMAT stands for Karnataka Management Aptitude Test carried out by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association acts as a gateway for admissions to postgraduate courses MBA/ PGDM and MCA in some of the premier institutions in Karnataka. There are specific eligibility criteria that a candidate needs to fulfill before applying for the exam. KMAT Eligibility criteria specify three main criteria that the candidates need to fulfill to be considered for the KMAT application process. Candidates need to meet the requirement in Educational qualification, Age limit, and there will be certain relaxation for reserved categories candidates. The KMAT eligibility criteria for 2021 is given below.
University Grants Commission (UGC) provides the guidelines for KMAT eligibility criteria for admission to its various postgraduate courses. Different courses have different eligibility criteria for KMAT. Here we will have a look at both the guidelines.
KMAT 2021 General Eligibility
- Candidates must be 21 years old for PG programmes through KMAT.
- There is no upper age limit for PG courses.
- Final year students can also apply.
- Candidates must complete their bachelor's degree before admission.
- Candidates must meet the percentage required for admission.
- Candidates will be required to produce all the necessary documents from the Bachelors's Degree completion.
KMAT Eligibility for MBA/PGDM
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years duration/ Master degree examination of any recognized education body in Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Science, Engineering/ Technology or equivalent.
- Candidates should have secured 50% marks in the aggregate (45% for SC/ ST candidate).
- Candidates in the final year of bachelor's degree are also eligible.
KMAT Eligibility for MCA
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree with 50% marks.
- Candidates should have studied maths at 10+2 stage or at graduation level.