Are you willing to pursue professional management courses to enhance your chances of getting hired in big companies? There are 169+ India's Institutions affiliated by its respective Universities that come under KMAT Karnataka. The end to end details regarding entrance exam, eligibility, pattern, syllabus, results is discussed.
Latest Update: The application process for KMAT 2020 started June 9, 2020. The last date to apply is tentatively set as August 2, 2020. Click here to apply now.
Read more about the KMAT 2020 application process.
The topics discussed regarding the exams are as follows:
- What is KMAT Karnataka?
- KMAT 2020 Exam Date
- KMAT 2020 Syllabus
- KMAT 2020 Application Form Apply Now!
- KMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- KMAT 2020 Admit Card
- KMAT 2020 Results
- KMAT 2020 Cut off
- Selection Process
What is KMAT Karnataka?
Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) is organized by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) which is situated in Bangalore. This entrance test is for Management and Computer Science postgraduate courses as Master of Business Administration (MBA), Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Master of Computer Applications (MCA).
This National Level Entrance Test was firstly conducted in 2003 and follows UGC guidelines. KMAT is open to all eligible candidates across India to apply. The candidate will get admission as per their cutoff and merit list. This exam is for analyzing a candidate's abilities based on his/ her logical or aptitude skills.
|Exam Name||Karnataka Management Aptitude Test|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Level of exam||National|
|Authority||Karnataka Private Post Graduate College’s Association|
|Type Of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Examination Stream||Management & Computer Application Course|
|Exam Date||August 23, 2020|
KMAT 2020 Exam Date
Year after year the important dates for KMAT Karnataka will be announced on the official website. Tentative dates for various events of the examination are given below:
|Online Registration Starts||June 9, 2020|
|Online Registration Ends||August 2, 2020|
|Releasing Admit Card||August 20, 2020|
|Exam Date||August 23, 2020|
|Result Declaration Date||September 3, 2020|
Note: Candidate should reach before one hour before the Entrance Exam time to avoid traffic or any other eleventh-hour urgency.
KMAT 2020 Eligibility
Based on guidelines put forward by the University Grants Commission (UGC), admissions to courses like MBA/ PGDM/ MCA are done in Karnataka. Eligibility Criteria for various courses are given below:
- Candidate should be graduate or Post Graduate in any discipline recognized by University or Institutes.
- Must have scored a minimum of 50% of the aggregate marks (45% for SC/ ST candidates).
- Final year graduation candidates can also apply.
- Candidate should have maths as a subject in 10+2 or at graduation level.
- Graduate candidates should have 50% marks.
Note: Candidates who belong to OBC/ PD categories eligibility criteria are a minimum of 40% in every subject. The minimum qualification is graduation in the entrance exam. Candidate should have a minimum age of 21 years.
KMAT 2020 Application Form
The official exam website publishes the KMAT 2020 Application forms from June 9, 2020 to August 2, 2020 (tentatively).
Details to be filled in your Application Form:
- Your full name as mentioned in School Leaving Certificate in BOLD letters.
- Choose your nativity whether you are from Karnataka state or a domicile, do select accordingly.
- Choose an exam centre that is nearby as after submitting the form it can't be changed or modified.
- Mention the appropriate test for which you are applying.
- Enter your Birthdate as you have mentioned for the 10th mark sheet.
- Stream in which you did your graduation as it's a part of eligibility.
- Write your full postal mailing address on the form because they will send a hard copy of the admit card on your mentioned address on the KMAT application form.
Documents to be uploaded for KMAT Karnataka 2020:
Candidates need to upload documents mentioned below in the tabular form:
|Documents (Scanned)||Type of File||Maximum size|
|Photograph||.png/ .jpg/ .jpeg||500 kb|
|Signature||.png/ .jpg/ .jpeg||200 kb|
After filling all the necessary details click on "Apply".
The Application Fee can be paid through Demand Draft of INR 1,000/- (inclusive of GST) in favour of "KMAT 2020" payable at any Nationalised bank in Bangalore. There is no concession for candidates of reserved categories (SC/ ST/ OBC).
Note: Do not forget to take its photocopy just for acknowledgement.
KMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
KMAT Karnataka is a paper-pen based Exam. The question paper is divided into three major sections. It is of medium level of difficulty. For MBA course, topics included are:
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Ability
- Logic Reasoning
It has equal marks distribution for all questions. Each section carries 40 marks for 40 questions means one mark for each question. A total of 120 Multiple Choice Questions are there. No negative marking is there. The time duration for the exam is 2 hours (120 Minutes)
|Subject Sections||No. of Questions||Marks Distribution|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||40||40|
KMAT 2020 Syllabus
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability and Logical Reasoning are some of the topics that are included in the Syllabus for KMAT 2020.
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Candidate should be very well-versed in English Language, very clear to the basics of Grammar, Sentence completion, Comprehension of passages, Synonyms, Antonyms, and vocabulary. The syllabus also includes few topics such as relatable questions on Phrases, Expressions, Choice of appropriate words, the content of the passage and similar Language skills.
This section will be based on basic fundamental knowledge of maths in Metric standards. This will test the candidate’s ability of how good and accurate they are with numbers, basic numeric calculations and formulas, involving Percentage, Time and Speed, Interest, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Proportion. Apart from this, the exam section will also consist of Trigonometry, Algebra, and Geometry. About these topics, interpretation of tables, graphs and Charts questions can be asked.
This section identifies a candidate’s capability of solving problems fast and accurately. It includes verbal reasoning and analogy.
KMAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download their KMAT Karnataka 2020 Admit card or Hall ticket by providing their Application number and date of birth from the official website from August 20, 2020 till the exam date i.e. August 23, 2020. Click on the 'Download' option and take a print out. It will carry the following information:
- Your Name and permanent address: Check spelling and whole address.
- Paste your photograph of passport size and your face should be properly visible. Try to paste the same photo which you have attached to your application form.
- The test centre will be mentioned and take marginal timings while reaching the centre.
- Do not forget to carry your KMAT admit card to the examination hall.
- Keep it safe until counselling happens.
KMAT 2020 Exam Centres
KPPGCA (Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association) conducts KMAT in various exam centres in Karnataka and other cities across India. This test is conducted within 10 cities of Karnataka. They are:
Bengaluru, Belgaum, Bellary, Bijapur, Kalaburagi, Davanagere, Hubballi, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Shivamogga.
While filling your application form a candidate has to choose their preferred exam centre nearby as per their feasibility. Candidates must make sure that the exam centre once chose can't be changed at any circumstance.
Documents for KMAT Karnataka Exam Centre:
- Admit Card
- ID proof for verification
- Extra pens as its a pen-paper based exam
KMAT 2020 Results
The results for KMAT Karnataka 2020 has been declared on the official website for all candidates on September 3, 2020 (tentative). Candidates just have to enter their Application number and Birthdate to check the results.
How to Check KMAT Karnataka 2020 Results?
You can go through the following steps to download the KMAT result without any hassle.
- Visit the official website of KMAT Karnataka. Click on the "Result" tab.
- Enter Application Number and Birthdate. Click on the submit button.
- Download and take a printout of your Score Card for further use.
KMAT 2020 Cut Off
Cutoff for KMAT Karnataka Entrance Exam 2020 will be issued by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA). To be considered for the selection process and further admission procedure, you have to score minimum cutoff scores.
The cutoff percentile will differ for each participating institution as decided by them. Cutoff marks will be affected by the number of students appearing for the exam, difficulty level of the paper and number of available seats.
KMAT 2020 Selection Procedure
When cutoff will be announced, a candidate will be called for further process. KMAT Karnataka exam cutoff varies from one institute to another. The process could be as explained below in points:
- For admission procedure, Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds are conducted in some Institutes.
- Even Institute might ask candidates to give written ability or essay writing tests, instead of GD and PI as per its procedure and number of students applying.
- Lastly, Institutes will verify a candidate's academic certificate along with experience for the final round of admission procedure.
- KMAT Karnataka selected students will get admission into those institutes.
KMAT 2020 Counselling:
After the announcement of the result for KMAT Karnataka 2020, each institute under Karnataka Private Post Graduate College’s Association (KPPGCA) will set a cut off mark for particular courses they offer. You can apply to college whose cut off is as per your Score Card.
- Cut off will vary from one Institute or College to another.
- If you get a score in your results what is a cut-off, then you can apply to specific business school.
- The KMAT 2020 Counseling will be in offline mode.
Documents Required At The Time of Counselling Process:
Candidate should carry a few important documents for official verifications at the time of counselling. Those documents are:
- Your Entrance Exam Score Card.
- Admit card.
- Application form fee payment copy.
- Bachelor's degree (10+2+3) certificates.
- Your Intermediate (10 +2) marks card.
- Special category document (ST/ SC/ OBC/ PD), if needed.
- Two passport size photographs.
KMAT Coaching Centres
Various Coaching centres are available for the exam, especially in Bengaluru which are:
- IMS Learning Resources Pvt. Ltd
- VPROV Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd
- Time Education Bangalore Pvt. Ltd.
- Career Launcher India Pvt. Ltd.
- Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt. Ltd.
Courses offered via KMAT Karnataka:
The following courses are being offered through the entrance exam. These specializations are enumerated below:
|MBA||2 years||Marketing, Finance, Information system, HR management, Consulting, Operations, Entrepreneurship, International Business, and Small-Medium-Enterprises & Start-ups|
|MCA||3 years||Software Development, Software Management, System Development, System Engineering, Management Information System and Internet|
|PGDM||2 years||Marketing, Finance (Accounting), HR management, Operations|
Guidelines for KMAT Karnataka Exam Day:
The following guidelines are provided to guide you for Exam Day. Kindly ensure bringing all required documents mentioned below:
- Admit Card: Candidate will not be allowed to enter the exam centre without admit card in any condition.
- ID Proof: It is mandatory to carry any of your government ID proof like Driving License/ Aadhar Card/ Pan Card. It is equally important as Admit card is.
- Before Time: Reach at least one hour before the timings set for the test. It will allow you to finish your formalities like security checks, identity verification, and check-in may take a considerable time.
- Late-comers: Candidate who reaches the Examination Centre after the commencement of the exam will not be allowed to enter the examination Hall.
- No Mobile Phones: No cell phones, electronic Gadgets, pager, tablet, calculator or any other communicating electronic device is not allowed alongside you in the examination hall.
- No Discussion: No candidate is permitted to talk to or ask anyone anything. If you are found doing the same, your candidature will be cancelled without a delay and will be asked to leave the Examination Hall immediately.
- Restricted Items: No Candidate should carry any Electronic Watches with a calculator, material printed or written, paper bits, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables. No other document is allowed in the KMAT Karnataka examination hall except the Admit Card, identity proof.
If you have any queries related to the exam, please feel free to contact their helpdesk numbers given below.
Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association
- Address: No.64, 'Vastra Bhavan', 4th main, Near 18th Cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore - 560055
- Phone: 080 23444555
- Helpline Numbers: +91 9513270139/9513271046
- Email Id: [email protected]