Are you willing to pursue professional management courses to enhance your chances of getting hired by big companies? There are 169+ India's Institutions affiliated by its respective Universities that come under KMAT Karnataka. The end-to-end details regarding entrance exam, eligibility, pattern, syllabus, and results are discussed here.
Latest News on KMAT
- KMAT 2020 Result Declared for PBT Mode Exam @kmatindia.com - Published on January 07, 2021
The contents of this page include:
- What is KMAT Karnataka?
- KMAT 2021 Exam Date
- KMAT 2021 Syllabus
- KMAT 2021 Application Form
- KMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- KMAT 2021 Admit Card
- KMAT 2021 Results
- KMAT 2021 Answer Key
- KMAT 2021 Cutoff
- KMAT 2021 Selection Process
- KMAT 2021 Counselling
- KMAT 2021 Coaching
- KMAT 2021 Courses
- KMAT Guidelines
- KMAT Exam Contact Information
What is KMAT Karnataka?
The full form of KMAT is Karnataka Management Aptitude Test which is organized by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) and is situated in Bangalore. This entrance test is for Management and Computer Science postgraduate courses as Master of Business Administration (MBA), Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Master of Computer Applications (MCA).
This National Level Entrance Test was firstly conducted in 2003 and follows UGC guidelines. KMAT is open to all eligible candidates across India to apply. Prior to this, only the candidates from the state of Karnataka were allowed to appear for the KMAT Exam, but since the year 2018, candidates from other states can also appear for the KMAT Exam. The candidate will get admission as per their KMAT 2021 cutoff and merit list. This exam is for analyzing a candidate's cognitive abilities based on his/her/x logical or aptitude skills. Also, KMAT is designed to check candidates' critical thinking with reasoning based questions.
|KMAT Full Form||Karnataka Management Aptitude Test|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Level of exam||National|
|Authority||Karnataka Private Post Graduate College’s Association|
|Type Of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Examination Stream||Management & Computer Application Course|
|Exam Mode||Remote Proctored Exam|
KMAT 2021 Exam Date
The important dates for KMAT Karnataka will be announced on the official website. The tentative schedule for the same is tabulated below:
|Online Registration Starts||May 24, 2021|
|Online Registration Ends||Jun 30, 2021|
|Releasing Admit Card||Jul 20, 2021|
|KMAT Exam Date||Aug 1, 2021|
|Result Declaration Date||Aug 23, 2021|
|KMAT Counselling||To be announced|
Note: Candidate should reach before one hour before the Entrance Exam time to avoid traffic or any other eleventh-hour urgency.
KMAT 2021 Eligibility
Based on guidelines put forward by the University Grants Commission (UGC), admissions to courses like MBA/ PGDM/ MCA are done in Karnataka. Eligibility Criteria for various courses are given below:
- Candidate should be graduate or Post Graduate in any discipline recognized by University or Institutes.
- Must have scored a minimum of 50% of the aggregate marks (45% for SC/ ST candidates).
- Final year graduation candidates can also apply.
- Candidate should have maths as a subject in 10+2 or at graduation level.
- Graduate candidates should have 50% marks.
Note: Candidates who belong to OBC/ PD categories eligibility criteria are a minimum of 40% in every subject. The minimum qualification is graduation in the entrance exam. Candidate should have a minimum age of 21 years.
KMAT 2021 Application Form
The KMAT 2021 Application forms are likely to be made available between May 24, 2021 to Jun 30, 2021 (tentatively). Candidates who wish to apply for this KMAT 2021 Exam should go to the official website to create an online application for the same.
Details to be Filled in KMAT 2021 Application Form
- Your full name as mentioned in School Leaving Certificate in BLOCK letters.
- Choose your nativity whether you are from, Karnataka state or a domicile, do select accordingly.
- Choose an exam centre that is nearby as after submitting the form it can't be changed or modified.
- Mention the appropriate test for which you are applying.
- Enter your Birth-date as you have mentioned for the 10th standard mark sheet.
- Mention the stream in which you did your graduation as it's a part of eligibility for KMAT 2021.
- Write your full postal mailing address on the form because they will send a hard copy of the admit card on your mentioned address on the KMAT application form.
- Mention your email address and contact number. The KMAT exam board will connect you on the same.
Documents to be Uploaded for KMAT Karnataka 2021
Candidates need to upload documents mentioned below in the tabular form:
|Documents (Scanned)||Type of File||Maximum size|
|Photograph||.png/ .jpg/ .jpeg||500 kb|
|Signature||.png/ .jpg/ .jpeg||200 kb|
After filling all the necessary details click on "Apply".
KMAT Application Fee
The Application Fee can be paid through Demand Draft of INR 1,000 (inclusive of GST) in favour of "KMAT 2021" payable at any Nationalised bank in Bangalore. There is no concession for candidates of reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC). For 2021, the online payment can also be available, for that, a candidate must check instructions while filling the exam form, as the fee can be asked at the submission of the application form. Keep A receipt of your fee and the reference number. Also, if there is any exemption provided on the basis of caste or other factors then the applicant has to produce the relevant document attesting the category.
Note: Do not forget to take its hard copy/photocopy just for acknowledgement.
KMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
KMAT Karnataka is a paper-pen based Exam. However, it was held as a remote-proctored test in the academic session 2020, to ensure safety of the participants. The official circular about the exam pattern for KMAT Karnataka 2021 is awaited. The general KMAT Karnataka exam pattern 2021 is given below:
The question paper is divided into three major sections. It is of medium level of difficulty. For MBA course, topics included are:
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Ability
- Logic Reasoning
It has equal marks distribution for all questions. Each section will carry 40 marks and there will be 40 questions equating to 1 mark for each question. A total of 120 Multiple Choice Questions are there. There shall be no negative marking in the paper. The time duration for the exam is 2 hours (120 Minutes).
|Subject Sections||No. of Questions||Marks Distribution|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||40||40|
KMAT 2021 Syllabus
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability and Logical Reasoning are some of the topics that are included in the Syllabus for KMAT 2021. In order to score well on the KMAT 2021 Exam, candidates should have a good knowledge of what is covered in the KMAT 2021 Exam Syllabus.
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Candidate should be well-versed with the English Language, should be very clear to the basics of Grammar, Sentence completion, Comprehension of passages, Synonyms, Antonyms, and vocabulary. The syllabus also includes few topics such as relatable questions on Phrases, Expressions, Choice of appropriate words, the content of the passage, and similar language skills.
This section will be based on basic fundamental knowledge of maths in Metric standards. This will test the candidate’s ability of how good and accurate they are with numbers, basic numeric calculations, and formulas, involving Percentage, Time and Speed, Interest, Profit and Loss, Ratio, and Proportion. Apart from this, the exam section will also consist of Trigonometry, Algebra, and Geometry. About these topics, interpretation of tables, graphs, and Charts questions can be asked.
This section identifies a candidate’s capability of solving problems fast and accurately. It includes verbal reasoning and analogy. Logical reasoning is a very vast topic. Candidates are required to practice it thoroughly. It contains questions on patterns, series, verbal, and non-verbal logical reasoning. These questions check candidates' cognitive ability.
KMAT 2021 Admit Card
The KMAT 2021 Admit card will be available for download soon after the online registrations for the KMAT Exam comes to an end. Candidates will be able to download the KMAT Karnataka 2021 Admit card by submitting their Application number and other basic details from the official website from the date of admit card release till the exam date i.e. Aug 1, 2021 (Tentative). It will carry the following information:
- Your name and permanent address: Check spelling and whole address.
- Paste your photograph of passport size and your face should be properly visible. Try to paste the same photo which you have attached to your application form.
- The test centre will be mentioned and take marginal timings while reaching the centre.
- Do not forget to carry your KMAT admit card to the examination hall.
- Keep it safe until counselling happens.
Steps to Download KMAT 2021 Admit Card
Step 1: Go to the KMAT 2021 website.
Step 2: Go to the quick links section and find Admit Card Link or go to Login page.
Step 3: Use your credentials to log in.
Step 4: Admit Card will appear, review and download it.
Step 5: Take a print of it.
KMAT 2021 Exam Centres
KPPGCA (Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association) conducts KMAT in various exam centres in Karnataka and other cities across India. This test is conducted within 10 cities of Karnataka. They are:
Bengaluru, Belgaum, Bellary, Bijapur, Kalaburagi, Davanagere, Hubballi, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Shivamogga.
While filling your application form a candidate has to choose their preferred exam centre nearby as per their feasibility. Candidates must make sure that the exam centre once chose can't be changed at any circumstance.
Documents for KMAT Karnataka Exam Centre
- Admit Card
- ID proof for verification (Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Voter Id)
- Extra pens as its a pen-paper based exam
KMAT 2021 Results
The result for KMAT Karnataka 2021 will be announced a few weeks after the exam is held across the state. It will be published on the official website, and the candidates will be able to access it by providing their credentials.
How to Check KMAT Karnataka 2021 Results
You can go through the following steps to download the KMAT result without any hassle.
- Visit the official website of KMAT Karnataka. Click on the "Result" tab.
- Enter Application Number and Birthdate. Click on the submit button.
- Download and take a printout of your Score Card for further use.
- A merit list for KMAT 2021 can also be released to aid counselling process.
KMAT 2021 Score Card Validity
The score card for KMAT Karnataka is valid for one year only. Candidates can use it to take admission to any of the participating colleges during that period. They'll have to retake the exam if they don't take admission within this time.
Details on KMAT 2021 Score-card
For KMAT 2021, the results will be declared in the form of a scorecard. The KMAT score-card will be the utmost important document while counselling and verification round. It will have the details mentioned below:
Personal details of a candidate including name, roll number, KMAT Karnataka application number, contact details, photograph.
A section-wise score sheet of KMAT. The sections are: Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability, and Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension.
Overall KMAT score.
Candidate's KMAT Rank and Percentile
KMAT 2021 Answer Key
The KMAT Answer Key released initially will be called the provisional answer key, as it will be subjected to get updated upon valid challenges made by the candidates. The Answer Key will be released after successful completion of the KMAT 2021 exam. The KMAT Answer Key will be released on the official website. Candidates will be required to download it to check their scores. The KMAT Answer Key will have the correct answers for the questions of KMAT exam.
How to Download KMAT Answer Key
Follow the steps below to download KMAT Answer Key PDF
- Visit the official website of KMAT.
- Use your credentials to log in.
- Click on the Answer Key Tab.
- A PDF file will open in a new tab, this will KMAT Karnataka 2021 Answer Key PDF, review and download it.
How to Challenge KMAT Answer Key
Please note that only the candidates who appeared in the KMAT 2021 Exam will be eligible to apply for Challenge. Candidates will be given a window time to raise their challenges related to any question, answer, or the options of KMAT 2021.
KMAT 2021 Cut Off
Cutoff for KMAT Karnataka Entrance Exam 2021 will be issued by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA). To be considered for the selection process and further admission procedure, you have to score minimum cutoff scores.
The cutoff percentile will differ for each participating institution as decided by them. Cutoff marks will be affected by the number of students appearing for the exam, difficulty level of the paper, previous year cutoff and percentage of students who cleared it, and the number of available seats.
KMAT 2021 Selection Process
KMAT 2021 Selection Procedure is divided into three stages They are: Declaration of result and Rank List/Merit List followed by the Campus round (Group Discussion round, and Personal Interview round), and verification of documents.
When cutoff will be announced, the selected candidates will be called for further process. KMAT Karnataka exam cutoff varies from one institute to another. The campus round is conducted by the institution. The exam body does not intervene in the proceedings of the campus round. The process could be as explained below in points:
- The Institutes might ask candidates to give written ability or essay writing tests, instead of GD and PI as per its procedure and number of students applying.
- For campus round, candidates will be required to report the institute or a different venue, or the round will be conducted remotely. For remote conduction of campus round, the institutes will share details over registered email.
- Lastly, Institutes will verify a candidate's academic certificates along with experience for the conclusion of the admission procedure.
- KMAT Karnataka selected students will get admission into those institutes.
KMAT 2021 Counselling
After the announcement of the result for KMAT Karnataka 2021, each institute under Karnataka Private Post Graduate College’s Association (KPPGCA) will set a cut off mark for particular courses they offer. You can apply to college whose cut off is as per your Score Card.
- Cut off will vary from one Institute or College to another.
- If you get a score in your results what is a cut-off, then you can apply to specific business school.
- The KMAT 2021 Counseling will be in offline mode.
Documents Required at the Time of Counselling Process
Candidate should not forget to carry a few important documents for official verifications at the time of counselling. Make sure that you have soft copies of all your important documents as every admission process is essentially catered in online mode. Those documents are:
- Your Entrance Exam Score Card.
- Admit card.
- Application form fee payment copy.
- Bachelor's degree (10+2+3) certificates.
- Your Intermediate (10+2) marks card.
- Special category document (ST/ SC/ OBC/ PD), if needed
- Two passport size photographs.
You will be required to submit the admission fee along with the original and xerox copy of your documents within due time. Failing to do so will result in the voiding of your seat allotment. Also, candidates are required to check for the waitlists and second level of counselling.
KMAT Coaching Centres
Various Coaching centres are available for the exam, especially in Bengaluru which are:
- IMS Learning Resources Pvt. Ltd.
- VPROV Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Time Education Bangalore Pvt. Ltd.
- Career Launcher India Pvt. Ltd.
- Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt Ltd.
Courses Offered via KMAT Karnataka
The following courses are being offered through the entrance exam. These specializations are enumerated below:
|MBA||2 years||Marketing, Finance, Information system, HR management, Consulting, Operations, Entrepreneurship, International Business, and Small-Medium-Enterprises & Start-ups|
|MCA||3 years||Software Development, Software Management, System Development, System Engineering, Management Information System and Internet|
|PGDM||2 years||Marketing, Finance (Accounting), HR management, Operations|
Guidelines for KMAT Karnataka Exam Day
The following guidelines are provided to guide the candidates for Exam Day. Kindly ensure bringing all required documents mentioned below:
- Admit Card: Candidate will not be allowed to enter the exam center without admit card in any condition.
- ID Proof: It is mandatory to carry any of your government ID proof like Driving License/ Aadhar Card/ Pan Card. It is equally important as Admit card is.
- Before Time: Reach at least one hour before the timings set for the test. It will allow you to finish your formalities like security checks, identity verification, and check-in may take a considerable time.
- Late-comers: Candidate who reaches the Examination Centre after the commencement of the exam will not be allowed to enter the examination Hall.
- No Mobile Phones: No cell phones, electronic Gadgets, pager, tablet, calculator or any other communicating electronic device is not allowed alongside you in the examination hall.
- No Discussion: No candidate is permitted to talk to or ask anyone anything. If you are found doing the same, your candidature will be cancelled without a delay and will be asked to leave the Examination Hall immediately.
- Restricted Items: No Candidate should carry any Electronic Watches with a calculator, material printed or written, paper bits, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables. No other document is allowed in the KMAT Karnataka examination hall except the Admit Card, identity proof.
KMAT Exam Contact Details
If candidates have any queries related to the exam, or they face any problems during the KMAT 2021 process, they should please feel free to contact the helpdesk numbers of the KMAT Exam authorities given below.
Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association
- Address: No.64, 'Vastra Bhavan', 4th main, Near 18th Cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore - 560055
- Phone: 080 23444555
- Helpline Numbers: +91 9513270139/9513271046
- Email Id: [email protected]
I am not good at English. Can I give this exam in some other language?
No, this exam will only be conducted in only one language i.e English. Candidates need to be able to understand the questions asked in the KMAT Exam. Candidates are advised to practice a lot of question papers and they will be able to do it.
Are candidates in the final year of their graduation eligible for this exam?
Yes, candidates in the final year of their graduation can give the exam, provided that they meet all other eligibility conditions.
Can I get any refund if I am not able to give an exam because of some reason?
No, the KMAT Exam is non-refundable and non-transferable. Only the fee will be refunded in that case.
Is negative marking there in KMAT Exam?
No, negative marking is not there in KMAT Karnataka.
Will the KMAT 2021 be conducted online?
The conducting authorities will take this decision and post the updates on their official website.
How to apply for KMAT Exam?
Candidates interested in appearing for KMAT Exam can apply for the exam online. Interested candidates should go to the official website of KMAT and make an application for the KMAT Exam where they will need to add necessary details, upload necessary documents and make the payment of fees for the KMAT Exam.