KMAT 2023 exam dates will soon be announced on the official webpage. The Karnataka Post Graduate Private Colleges Association (KPPGCA) administers the Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) for admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA), Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), and Master of Computer Applications (MCA) courses. Candidates can find the detailed exam schedule in the article below.
KMAT 2023 will give candidates a chance to pursue professional management courses and enhances their chances of getting hired by big companies. There are 169+ Indian Institutions affiliated with their respective Universities that come under KMAT Karnataka. The end-to-end details regarding the entrance exam, eligibility, pattern, syllabus, and results are discussed here.
Latest Updates on KMAT
- Jan 11, 2023: KMAT 2023 exam dates will be announced on the official website.
Table of Contents
- About KMAT Karnataka
- KMAT Exam 2023 Important Dates
- KMAT Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- KMAT Exam 2023 Application Form
- KMAT Exam 2023 Admit Card
- KMAT 2023 Exam Centres
- KMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- KMAT Exam 2023 Syllabus
- KMAT Exam 2023 Answer Key
- KMAT Exam 2023 Results
- KMAT Exam 2023 Cutoff
- KMAT Exam 2023 Counselling
- KMAT Exam 2023 Coaching Centres
- KMAT Exam 2023 Guidelines
- KMAT Exam 2023 Contact Information
About KMAT Karnataka
The full form of KMAT is Karnataka Management Aptitude Test which is organized by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) and is situated in Bangalore. This entrance test is for Management and Computer Science postgraduate courses such as Master of Business Administration (MBA), Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), and Master of Computer Applications (MCA).
This national-level entrance test was first conducted in 2003 and follows UGC guidelines. KMAT is open to all eligible candidates across India to apply. The candidate will get admission as per their KMAT 2023 cutoff and merit list. KMAT exam 2023 is for analyzing a candidate's cognitive abilities based on his/her logical or aptitude skills. Also, KMAT is designed to check candidates' critical thinking with reasoning-based questions.
|Full Form||Karnataka Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Private Post Graduate College’s Association|
|Exam Mode||Remote Proctored Exam|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
KMAT Exam 2023 Courses
The following courses are being offered through the entrance exam. These specializations are enumerated below.
|MBA||2 years||Marketing, Finance, Information system, HR management, Consulting, Operations, Entrepreneurship, International Business, and Small-Medium-Enterprises & Start-ups|
|MCA||3 years||Software Development, Software Management, System Development, System Engineering, Management Information System and Internet|
|PGDM||2 years||Marketing, Finance (Accounting), HR management, Operations|
KMAT Exam 2023 Important Dates
The important dates for KMAT Karnataka 2023 exam dates will be announced on the official website. The schedule for the same will be tabulated below. These are tentative based on historical data and will be updated as soon as there’s confirmation from official sources.
|KMAT Online Registration Starts||Jun 6, 2022|
|KMAT Online Registration Ends||Nov 26, 2022|
|KMAT 2023 Mock Test||Nov 29 - Nov 30, 2022|
|KMAT Admit Card||Dec 1, 2022|
|KMAT Exam Date||Dec 4, 2022|
|KMAT Result Declaration Date||Dec 19, 2022|
|KMAT Counselling||Dec 2022|
KMAT Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Based on guidelines put forward by the University Grants Commission (UGC), admissions to courses like MBA/ PGDM/ MCA are done in Karnataka. The general eligibility criteria are given below.
KMAT Exam 2023 General Eligibility
- Candidates must be 21 years old for PG programmes to clear the KMAT Karnataka exam eligibility.
- There is no upper age limit for PG courses.
- Final-year students can also apply.
- Candidates must complete their bachelor's degrees before admission.
- Candidates must meet the percentage required for admission.
- Candidates must have a Bachelors's Degree to qualify for KMAT 2023.
Read More: KMAT Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
KMAT Exam 2023 Application Form
KMAT 2023 application registration dates will soon be announced on the official website. KMAT 2023 application will be available on the official website. Candidates must remember that they should qualify for the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Candidates can find step-by-step instructions to fill out the application form below.
How to Fill KMAT Exam 2023 Application Form?
Candidates can follow these steps to fill out the KMAT Karnataka application form 2023. Going through these steps will make the registration process seamless. Make sure to fill the online application before the last date.
Step 1: Registration
Before candidates start filling the KMAT Karnataka application form 2023, they will first have to register themselves on the portal. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to register.
- Visit the official website. www.kmatindia.com
- Candidates will have to click on 'KMAT 2023 Application' Button on the right side of the website's homepage.
- Click on the 'Register' button to apply. Candidates are also advised to go through the instructions mentioned on the same page.
- The candidates will have to fill in the required details like Name, email ID, mobile number and other personal details and hit the 'Submit button' at the bottom of the webpage.
- Now an OTP will be sent to the used Mobile No.
- Enter the received OTP and submit.
- Candidates will receive the credentials in their registered email.
Step 2: Online Application Filling
In the second step, candidates will have to start filling out the application form. All candidates must be very cautious of the information they put in as this stage is crucial, and all information must be accurate. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to fill out the KMAT 2023 application form.
- Login to the website with the Application Number and Password received on the Email ID.
- Candidates will be asked for some basic details, following is the certain information that a candidate has to fill in his/ her KMAT application form and it is mandatory.
Step 3: Uploading Documents
The candidate will be asked to upload various details for the application process. Further information on the dimension and format are provided below.
|Photo||JPEG/PNG||6CM/3CM||500KB or less|
|Signature||JPEG/PNG||4.5CM/3.5CM||200KB or less|
Step 4: Make the Required Payment
Candidates will finally have to make the payment for the application fee and submit the application form. The application fee for KMAT Karnataka registration is INR 800/- including GST. There is no concession for candidates of reserved categories. Fee can be paid either online through Net-banking/Credit Card/Debit Card or offline through a demand draft.
Read More: KMAT Exam 2023 Application Form
KMAT Exam 2023 Admit Card
KMAT admit card 2023 will be released on the official website. KMAT 2023 admit card is a very important document that a candidate has to carry to the exam hall along with a photo ID card. Candidates can download their KMAT Admit Card 2023 from the official website of KPPGCA, by entering their application number and DOB.
Steps to Download KMAT 2023 Admit Card
The candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to download the admit card KMAT 2023.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Go to candidates login and enter login details.
- Step 3: Click on the KMAT Hall Ticket" link.
- Step 4: KMAT admit card 2023 will appear on your computer screen in PDF format.
- Step 5: Check and download the document for future use.
Read More: KMAT Exam 2023 Admit Card
KMAT 2023 Exam Centres
Information related to KMAT Karnataka exam centres is tabulated for the reference purpose of the student. KPPGCA has the right to alter the preferred KMAT centres in case there is more or less seat availability than expected. Ten cities where the KMAT centres are allocated each year are given below.
|Bangalore||Indian Academy School of Management Studies||Hennur Cross, Hennur main road, Kalyan Nagar, near Kalyan Nagar bus depot, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560043|
|Mangalore||A.J. Institute of Management||Kottara Chowki, Opposite Mahindra Showroom Mangaluru, Karnataka 575006|
|Mysore||Pooja Bhagavat Memorial Mahajana PG Centre||K.R.S. Main road, Metagalli post, opposite State Bank, (Near J.K.Tyres) Metagalli, Mysuru, Karnataka 570016|
|Davanagere||Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology||PB NO 311 Lake View campus, S.S.Layout, Davanagere - 577004|
|Gulbarga||Sharnbasveshwar College of Commerce||S.B.College campus Kalaburgi -585103|
|Hubli||K.L.E. Society's Institute of Management Studies and Research||BVB Campus, Vidya Nagar, Hubballi, Karnataka 580031|
|Shimoga||PES Institute of Technology and Management||PES Campus, NH 206, Sagar Road, Shivamogga -577204 Karnataka|
|Bijapur||BLDE Association's A.S Patil College of Commerce||The new campus, B.M. Patil Road, Vijaypura-586103|
|Belgaum||Bharatesh Education Trust's Global Business School||BC-188, Near Fort, Old P.B. Road Belgaum-590016|
|Bellary||Allum Karibasappa Institute of Management||V.S.College Campus, Airport Road, Cantonment, Bellary-583104, Karnataka|
Read More: KMAT 2023 Exam Centres
KMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
KMAT allows students to take admission in MBA/ PGDM and MCA courses. The exam will be remote online proctored, and candidates will be able to take it from the comfort of their own homes. Normally, the exam is administered on paper, but this year, the exam will be administered online. Having proper knowledge of the KMAT pattern will help the students in many ways. It will help the students prepare well for the exam, and students can prepare the study plan according to the KMAT question paper pattern. Time management is one of the most critical aspects of an exam. Having proper knowledge of the exam pattern will help prepare a better study plan, organize topics or subjects with utmost importance, prioritise them, and so on. Detailed below is the KMAT test pattern.
|Test Mode||Internet-Based Test Mode (IBT)|
|Number of Sections||3 sections|
|Number of Questions||120 MCQs|
|Total Marks||120 Marks|
|Language of Paper||English|
|Number of Answer Choices||4|
Read More: KMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
KMAT Exam 2023 Syllabus
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability and Logical Reasoning are some of the topics that are included in the Syllabus for KMAT 2023. To score well in the KMAT 2023 exam, candidates should have a good knowledge of what is covered in the KMAT 2023 exam syllabus.
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
The candidate should be well-versed with the English Language, should be very clear on the basics of Grammar, Sentence completion, Comprehension of passages, Synonyms, Antonyms, and vocabulary. The syllabus also includes a few topics such as relatable questions on Phrases, Expressions, Choice of appropriate words, the content of the passage, and similar language skills.
This section will be based on basic fundamental knowledge of maths in Metric standards. This will test the candidate’s ability of how good and accurate they are with numbers, basic numeric calculations, and formulas, involving Percentage, Time and Speed, Interest, Profit and Loss, Ratio, and Proportion. Apart from this, the exam section will also consist of Trigonometry, Algebra, and Geometry. About these topics, interpretation of tables, graphs, and Charts questions can be asked.
This section identifies a candidate’s capability of solving problems fast and accurately. It includes verbal reasoning and analogy. Logical reasoning is a very vast topic. Candidates are required to practice it thoroughly. It contains questions on patterns, series, verbal, and non-verbal logical reasoning. These questions check candidates' cognitive ability.
Read More: KMAT Exam 2023 Syllabus
KMAT Exam 2023 Answer Key
The KMAT 2023 answer key is a very important constituent of the entrance exam. Candidates can check out the answer key and compare their answers with the actual answer and approximately estimate the scores that they will be securing. The KMAT answer key will be released by the conducting body on its official website. Candidates who have qualified for the exam after the release of the result will be joining the MBA, MCA, and PGDM courses in various institutions. There is no provision to challenge the answer key.
How to Download KMAT Answer Key?
Follow the steps mentioned below to download KMAT 2023 answer key.
- Step 1: Visit the official website- kmatindia.com
- Step 2: Click on the Home Page tab on the website.
- Step 3: Once inside the Home Page, click on the login page and enter the required login credentials.
- Step 4: Click on the Login tab after entering the necessary login credentials.
- Step 5: Click on the KMAT 2023 Answer Key tab or section provided in the newly redirected page.
- Step 6: Another new window will be opened and will contain the answer key in a PDF format.
- Step 7: This PDF can be viewed and downloaded by the candidates.
Read More: KMAT Exam 2023 Answer Key
KMAT Exam 2023 Results
The result for KMAT Karnataka 2023 will be announced on the official website. Candidates can check their results and download their scorecard on the official website by providing the necessary credentials.
How to Check KMAT Karnataka 2023 Results?
You can go through the following steps to download the KMAT result without any hassle.
- Step 1: Visit the official website. kmatindia.com
- Step 2: Click on the 'Results’ tab located on the navigating bar.
- Step 3: A new page will appear, enter your application number and password (Date of Birth).
- Step 4: Your KMAT scorecard 2023 will appear on the screen.
- Step 5: Download and take a printout for future reference. Kindly note that the KMAT score validity is one year.
Note: The Composite Score in KMAT will be precisely mentioned in the scorecard.
Read More: KMAT Exam 2023 Results
KMAT Exam 2023 Cut Off
The KMAT cut off will release after the results for the same have been declared. Different colleges and institutes will set different cut off. Candidates will not be given admission if they fail to meet the cutoff criteria of the college they apply for.
Factors Determining the KMAT 2023 Cut Off
The cut off for KMAT will depend on a few factors which the candidates must keep in mind. The factors that will determine the cut off are as follows.
- The number of candidates that appeared for the exam
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Previous year cut off trends
- The number of vacancies available in different institutions and colleges.
KMAT Exam 2023 Counselling
After the announcement of the result for KMAT Karnataka 2023, each institute under Karnataka Private Post Graduate College’s Association (KPPGCA) will set a cut off mark for particular courses they offer. You can apply to a college whose cut off is as per your scorecard. The official counselling dates for KMAT will be announced after the declaration of entrance exam results. After documents verifications and other formalities, they will get admission to their desired colleges.
Documents Required at the Time of Counselling Process
The candidate should not forget to carry a few important documents for official verifications at the time of counselling. Make sure that you have soft copies of all your important documents as every admission process is essentially catered in online mode. Those documents are as follows.
- Bachelor's Degree Certificates
- Other Educational and Academic Documents
- Candidates 10 +2 Marks Card.
- KMAT 2023 Application Form Fee Payment Receipt
- Special Category Document (ST/ SC/ OBC) (If Applicable)
- Admit Card.
- Two Passport Size Photographs
- Provisional Admission Letter for the Admission Procedures
- Bank Demand Draft
- Transfer Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Medical Certificate (If Applicable)
- Caste Category Certificate (If Applicable)
Read More: KMAT Exam 2023 Counselling
KMAT Exam 2023 Coaching Centres
Various Coaching centres are available for the exam, especially in Bengaluru which are as follows.
- IMS Learning Resources Pvt. Ltd.
- VPROV Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Time Education Bangalore Pvt. Ltd.
- Career Launcher India Pvt. Ltd.
- Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt Ltd.
Guidelines for KMAT Karnataka Exam Day
The following guidelines are provided to guide the candidates for exam day. Kindly ensure bringing all required documents are mentioned below.
- Admit Card: The candidate will not be allowed to enter the exam centre without admit card in any condition.
- ID Proof: It is mandatory to carry any of your government ID proof like a Driving License/ Aadhar Card/ Pan Card. It is equally important as admit card is.
- Before Time: Reach at least one hour before the timings set for the test. It will allow you to finish your formalities like security checks, identity verification, and check-in may take a considerable time.
- Late-Comers: Candidate who reaches the examination centre after the commencement of the exam will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- No Mobile Phones: No cell phones, electronic gadgets, pager, tablet, calculator or any other communicating electronic device is not allowed alongside you in the examination hall.
- No Discussion: No candidate is permitted to talk to or ask anyone anything. If you are found doing the same, your candidature will be cancelled without a delay and will be asked to leave the examination hall immediately.
KMAT Exam 2023 Contact Details
If candidates have any queries related to the exam, or they face any problems during the KMAT 2023 process, they should please feel free to contact the helpdesk numbers of the KMAT exam authorities given below.
Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association
- Address: No.64, 'Vastra Bhavan', 4th main, Near 18th Cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore - 560055
- Phone: 080 23444555
- Helpline Numbers: +91 9513270139/9513271046
- Email Id: [email protected]
I am not good at English. Can I give this exam in some other language?
No, this exam will only be conducted in only one language i.e English. Candidates need to be able to understand the questions asked in the KMAT Exam. Candidates are advised to practice a lot of question papers and they will be able to do it.
Are candidates in the final year of their graduation eligible for this exam?
Yes, candidates in the final year of their graduation can give the exam, provided that they meet all other eligibility conditions.
Can I get any refund if I am not able to give an exam because of some reason?
No, the KMAT Exam is non-refundable and non-transferable. Only the fee will be refunded in that case.
Is negative marking there in KMAT Exam?
No, negative marking is not there in KMAT Karnataka.
How to apply for KMAT Exam?
Candidates interested in appearing for KMAT Exam can apply for the exam online. Interested candidates should go to the official website of KMAT and make an application for the KMAT Exam where they will need to add necessary details, upload necessary documents and make the payment of fees for the KMAT Exam.
What are the compulsory subjects needed by an MCA candidate for KMAT 2022?
For an MCA candidate, mathematics should be there in the undergraduate program.
How will a candidate know if the application form is submitted or not?
After completing the registrations process and also submitting the fees, the candidate will be receiving a confirmation mail from the KMAT official authorities on their registered email ids and phone no.