***Karnataka KMAT 2019 Results have been declared. Check your Results now - Click Here***
Willing to pursue professional management courses to enhance your chances of getting hired in big companies? India's 169+ Institutions affiliated by its respective Universities come under KMAT Karnataka. Attempt KMAT Karnataka exam and get admissions in the best business schools of Karnataka like M.S. Ramaiah Institute, IIPM, Global Institute, Dr. Ambedkar Institute, Acharya Academy and many more. We are here to provide all the details regarding entrance exam, eligibility, pattern, syllabus, results.
- What is KMAT Karnataka?
- KMAT Karnataka Exam Dates
- KMAT Karnataka Syllabus
- How to prepare for KMAT Karnataka?
- KMAT Karnataka Application Form
- KMAT Karnataka Exam Pattern
- KMAT Karnataka Admit Card
- KMAT Karnataka Results
- KMAT Karnataka Cutoff
- KMAT Karnataka Selection Process
- KMAT Karnataka FAQs
What is KMAT Karnataka?
Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) is organized by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) which is situated in Bangalore. This entrance test is for Management and Computer Science postgraduate courses as Master of Business Administration (MBA), Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Master of Computer Applications (MCA).
This National Level Entrance Test was firstly conducted in 2003 and follows UGC guidelines. KMAT Karnataka exam is open to all eligible candidates across India to apply. The candidate will get admission as per their cutoff and merit list. This exam is for analyzing a candidate's abilities on the basis of his/her logical or aptitude skills.
|Exam Name||Karnataka Management Aptitude Test|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Level of exam||National|
|Authority||Karnataka Private Post Graduate College’s Association|
|Type Of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Examination Stream||Management & Computer Application Course|
|Exam Date||August 04, 2019|
KMAT Karnataka 2019 Exam Dates
KMAT Karnataka important dates have been announced on the official website. Go and register yourself to appear for KMAT Karnataka management exams as last date of registration and submitting your application form is July 24, 2019. This entrance exam will be on August 4, 2019 i.e. on Sunday and result will be declared on August 21, 2019.
|Online Registration Starts||May 25, 2019|
|Online Registration Ends||July 24, 2019 at 3:00 am|
|Releasing Admit Card||August 1, 2019|
|Exam Date||August 4, 2019|
|Result Declaration Date||August 21, 2019 at 1:00 pm|
Note: Candidate should reach before one hour of KMAT Entrance Exam timings to avoid traffic or any other eleventh-hour urgency.
KMAT Karnataka 2019 Eligibility
In KMAT Karnataka exam for MBA/PGDM course, a graduate candidate is eligible despite related to any field like Arts, Commerce, Science, Management, Social Science, Technology/Engineering or equivalent.
- Candidate should be graduate or Post Graduate in any discipline recognized by University or Institutes.
- Must have scored minimum 50% of the aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- Final year graduation candidates can also apply.
- Candidate should have maths as a subject in 10+2 or at graduation level.
- Graduate candidates should have 50% marks.
Candidates who belong to OBC/PD categories eligibility criteria is a minimum of 40% in every subject. Minimum qualification is graduation in KMAT Karnataka entrance exam. Candidate should have a minimum age of 21 years.
KMAT Karnataka 2019 Application Form
KMAT Application forms are available on its official website www.kmatindia.com from May 25, 2019 to July 24, 2019. You can register yourself as soon as possible to avoid last-minute hurdles and incomplete documents or connectivity problem. Click on "Apply Now" option and start filling your form.
Details needed to be filled your KMAT Application form:
- Your full name as mentioned in School Leaving Certificate in BOLD letters.
- Choose your nativity whether you are from Karnataka state or a domicile, do select accordingly.
- Choose an exam center which is nearby as after submitting the form it can't be changed or modified.
- Clearly mention the appropriate test for which you are applying.
- Enter your Birthdate as you have mentioned for 10th mark sheet.
- Stream in which you did your graduation as it's a part of eligibility.
- Write your full postal mailing address on the form because they will send hard copy of admit card on your mentioned address on the KMAT application form.
Documents to be uploaded for KMAT Karnataka 2019
Candidates need to upload documents mentioned below in tabular form:
|Documents||Form||Type of File||Maximum size|
|Photograph||Scanned||.png/ .jpg/ .jpeg||500 kb|
|Signature||Scanned||.png/ .jpg/ .jpeg||200 kb|
After filling all the necessary details click on "Apply".
KMAT Karnataka 2019 Application Fee
KMAT Application Fee can be paid through Demand Draft of INR 1,000/- in favor of "KMAT 2019" payable at any Nationalised bank in Bangalore. There is no concession for candidates of reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC).
Note: Do not forget to take its photocopy just for acknowledgment.
KMAT Karnataka 2019 Exam Pattern
KMAT Karnataka exam structure can also be known as the exam pattern. It is paper-pen based Exam. KMAT Karnataka question paper is divided into three major sections. It is of medium level of difficulty. For MBA course, topics included are:
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Ability
- Logic Reasoning
It has equal marks distribution for all questions. Each section carries 40 marks for 40 questions means one mark for each question. Total 120 Multiple Choice Questions are there. No negative marking is there.
|Subject Sections||Number of Questions||Marks Distribution||Time Duration|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||40||40||2 Hours|
Note: Carry an extra pen as it is a paper-pen based test.
KMAT Karnataka 2019 Exam Syllabus
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Candidate should be very well-versed in English Language, very clear to the basics of Grammar, Sentence completion, Comprehension of passages, Synonyms, Antonyms, and vocabulary. KMAT Karnataka syllabus also includes few topics such as relatable questions on Phrases, Expressions, Choice of appropriate words, content of the passage and similar Language skills.
This section will be based on basic fundamental knowledge of maths in Metric standard. This will test the candidate’s ability of how good and accurate they are with numbers, basic numeric calculations and formulas, involving Percentage, Time and Speed, Interest, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Proportion. Apart from this, KMAT Karnataka exam section will also consist of Trigonometry, Algebra, and Geometry. About these topics, interpretation of tables, graphs and Charts questions can be asked.
This section identifies a candidate’s capability of solving problems fast and accurate. It includes verbal reasoning and analogy.
KMAT Karnataka 2019 Admit Card
Candidates can download their KMAT Karnataka Admit card or Hall ticket by providing their Application number and date of birth from the official website of KMAT Karnataka from August 1, 2019 till the exam date i.e. August 4, 2019. Click on 'Download' option and take a print out. It will carry following information:
- Your Name and permanent address: Check spelling and whole address.
- Paste your photograph of passport size and your face should be properly visible. Try to paste same photo which you have attached to your KMAT Karnataka application form.
- Test center will be mentioned and take marginal timings while reaching the center.
- Do not forget to carry your KMAT admit card to the examination hall.
- Keep it safe until counseling happens.
How to prepare for KMAT Karnataka?
All these tests are to check your knowledge, speed and time management. Few strategies you have to plan according to each subject and you will excel in the exam. We will explain to you subject-wise in brief.
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension: For this key point is to first develop your interest in the subject. It will become easier for you to understand and then learn for KMAT Karnataka exam.
Reading comprehension plays an important role in any competitive examination. Try to make habit of reading daily, it improves grammar, sentence completion, spellings and language skills with enhanced vocabulary. Candidates can read short stories books, English newspaper, and English magazine. These practices will help a lot.
Quantitative Ability: In this candidate can show how good he is with numbers in a logical manner. A candidate’s ability to solve numerical calculations with fundamental mathematical formulas in the provided time.
Logic Reasoning: Steps to follow-
- Identify the type of question.
- Read each and every question carefully.
- A quick review of the given question.
- Analyze paper pattern logically.
Moreover, Effective time management in KMAT Karnataka exam can help you in this too many options can confuse you and you can be out of time by solving questions and particular topic should take depending upon the complexity and its proportion in the exam. Allow yourself to practice solving previous years question papers with a timer efficiently.
KMAT Karnataka Exam Centres
KPPGCA (Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association) conducts KMAT Karnataka in various exam centers of Karnataka and other cities across India. This test is conducted within 10 cities of Karnataka. Those are:
Bengaluru, Belgaum, Bellary, Bijapur, Kalaburagi, Davanagere, Hubballi, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Shivamogga.
While filling your application form a candidate has to choose their preferred exam center nearby as per their feasibility. Candidates must make sure that the exam center once chose can't be changed at any circumstance.
Documents you need to carry at KMAT Karnataka Exam Centre:
- Admit Card
- ID proof for verification
- Extra pens as its a pen-paper based exam
KMAT Karnataka Results/Score Card
KMAT Karnataka Results has been declared on the official website for all candidates on August 21, 2019. Candidates just have to enter their Application number and Birthdate to check the results for KMAT Karnataka 2019.
How to download KMAT Karnataka Results/Score Card?
You can go through following steps to download KMAT result without any hassle.
- Visit the official website of KMAT Karnataka. Click on "Result" tab.
- Enter Application Number and Birthdate. Click on submit button.
- Download and take a printout of your Score Card for further use.
KMAT Karnataka Cutoff
Cutoff for KMAT Karnataka Entrance Exam 2019 will be issued by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA). To be considered for the selection process and further admission procedure, you have to score minimum cutoff scores.
Cutoff percentile will differ for each participating institution as decided by them. Cutoff marks will be affected by number of students appearing for the exam, difficulty level of the paper and number of seats that are available.
KMAT Karnataka Selection Procedure
When cutoff will be announced, a candidate will be called for further process. KMAT Karnataka exam cutoff varies from one institute to another. The process could be as explained below in points:
- For admission procedure, Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds are conducted in some Institutes.
- Even Institute might ask candidates to give written ability or essay writing test, instead of GD and PI as per its procedure and number of students applying.
- Lastly, Institutes will verify a candidate's academic certificate along with past experience for the final round of admission procedure.
- KMAT Karnataka selected students will get admission into those institutes.
KMAT Karnataka Counselling
After the announcement of result for KMAT Karnataka 2019, each institute under Karnataka Private Post Graduate College’s Association (KPPGCA) will set a cut off marks for particular courses they offer. You can apply to college whose cut off is as per your Score Card.
- Cut off will vary from one Institute or College to another.
- If you get a score in your results what is a cut-off, then you can apply to specific business school.
- KMAT Karnataka Counselling will be in offline mode.
Candidate should carry a few important documents for official verifications at the time of counseling. Those documents are:
- Your KMAT Karnataka Entrance Exam Score Card.
- KMAT Karnataka 2019 admit card.
- KMAT Karnataka 2019 Application form fee payment copy.
- Bachelor's degree (10+2+3) certificates.
- Your Intermediate (10 +2) marks card.
- Special category document (ST/ SC/ OBC/PD), if needed.
- Two passport size photographs.
KMAT Karnataka Previous Year Question Papers
KMAT Karnataka provides its previous year question papers. You can go through papers thoroughly and easily know the kind of questions and one can practice on it to excel. It does not only give you an idea but also the confidence to solve KMAT Karnataka paper. You can set the timer and solve this paper within a prescribed time limit. It helps you in increasing your speed, way of solving questions fast following correct logic. It enhances your analyzing power as well.
KMAT Karnataka Mock Test
Mock tests will help the candidate to analyze his/her abilities to do questions in the exam. Moreover, as a result of solving KMAT Karnataka mock test, candidates can become aware of the areas that are taking more time and thus require more practice section wise.
Various Coaching centers are available for KMAT Karnataka Exam, especially in Bengaluru which are:
- IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd
- VPROV Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd
- Time Education Bangalore Pvt. Ltd.
- Career Launcher India Pvt. Ltd.
- Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt. Ltd.
Courses offered through KMAT Karnataka
Following courses are being offered through KMAT Karnataka Entrance Exam. These specializations are enumerated below:
|MBA||2 years||Marketing, Finance, Information system, HR management, Consulting, Operations, Entrepreneurship, International Business, and Small-Medium-Enterprises & Start-ups|
|MCA||3 years||Software Development, Software Management, System Development, System Engineering, Management Information System and Internet|
|PGDM||2 years||Marketing, Finance (Accounting), HR management, Operations|
Guidelines for KMAT Karnataka Exam Day
Following guidelines are provided to guide you for KMAT Entrance Exam Day. You are requested to go through these to ensure bringing all required things mentioned below:
- Admit Card: Candidate will not be allowed to enter exam center without admit card in any condition.
- ID Proof: It is mandatory to carry any of your government ID proof like Driving License/Aadhar Card/Pan Card. It is equally important as Admit card is.
- Before Time: Reach at least one hour before the timings set for test. It will allow you to finish your formalities like security checks, identity verification, and check-in may take a considerable time.
- Late-comers: Candidate who reach Examination Centre after commencement of exam will not be allowed to enter the examination Hall.
- No Mobile Phones: No cell phones, electronic Gadgets, pager, tablet, calculator or any other communicating electronic device is not allowed alongside you in the examination hall.
- No Discussion: No candidate is permitted to talk to or ask anyone anything. If you are found doing the same, your candidature will be canceled without a delay and will be asked to leave the Examination Hall immediately.
- Restricted Items: No Candidate should carry any Electronic Watches with a calculator, material printed or written, paper bits, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables. No other document is allowed in KMAT Karnataka examination hall except the Admit Card, identity proof.
KMAT Karnataka FAQs
Q. I am not good at English. Can I give this exam in some other language?
Ans. No, this exam will only be conducted in only one language i.e English. Practice a lot of question papers. You will be able to do it.
Q. Are candidates in the final year of their graduation eligible for this exam?
Ans. Yes, candidates in the final year of their graduation can give KMAT Karnataka exam, provided that they meet all other eligibility conditions.
Q. Can I get any refund if I am not able to give exam because of some reason?
Ans. No, only the fee will be refunded in that case.
Q. Is negative marking there in KMAT Exam?
Ans. No, negative marking is not there in KMAT Karnataka.
Q. Will the KMAT 2019 be conducted online?
Ans. No, like previous years KMAT 2019 will be pen and paper-based exam only.
KMAT Karnataka Contact Details
If you have any queries related to KMAT Karnataka Exam, please feel free to contact their helpdesk numbers given below.
|Address: Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges' Association
No.64, 'Vastra Bhavan', 4th Main, Near 18th Cross,
Malleswaram, Bangalore 560055
|Phone: 080 23444555|
|Helpline Numbers: +91 9513270139/ +91 9513271046|
|Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org|