The TANCET exam pattern is decided by the examination authority and any changes made to the exam pattern will be informed beforehand on the official website and updated on this page as well. The TANCET 2021 exam consists of 100 questions in case of an MBA/MCA Exam and 100 questions in the case of M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan/M.E. A prospective candidate must know about TANCET exam pattern to design his or her preparation. Therefore, we strongly suggest reading about it in this section completely.
TANCET 2021 Exam Pattern Details
The TANCET question paper pattern for every course will differ from the other in some ways. The detailed TANCET question paper patterns for several courses are given below. The details contain elements like the number of questions asked, weightage, marking scheme, etc. The general TANCET exam pattern details and highlights are listed below for the reference of the candidates.
- Exam Duration: Candidates will be given 2 hours i.e. 120 minutes to attempt and solve TANCET 2021 question paper.
- Total Questions: The question paper as per TANCET exam pattern is divided into 3 parts with each section comprising 20, 20, & 60 questions respectively.
- Marks Distribution: For each right answer, 1 mark will be awarded to the candidates. For each wrong answer, 1/3 mark will be deducted.
The TANCET exam pattern attributes are given below in the form of a table, for the candidates to go through.
|Particulars||Basic TANCET Question Paper Pattern 2021|
|Mode||Pen and paper (Offline)|
|Number of papers||Three (3)|
|Number of sections||Section I will be compulsory while Section II will be according to the course selected by the candidates. Section I - Engineering Mathematics Section II - Basic Engineering & Sciences Section III - Course Selected by Candidates|
|Number of questions||
Section I - 20 Questions; Section II - 20 Questions (Maximum 20 marks against 20 questions will be awarded); Section III - 60 Questions
|Duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Type of questions||Multiple choices (objective type)|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark will be allotted for each correct answer. For Section II, all correct answers up to 20 questions will be considered for calculation while wrong answers will be used for calculation of negative marks.|
|Negative Marking||1/3 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.|
|Language||English and Tamil|
TANCET Exam Pattern 2021 for Different Courses
Based on each course, the TANCET exam pattern varies. The number of questions and other details regarding exam pattern are discussed elaborately.
TANCET Exam Pattern for MBA
The detailed TANCET exam pattern for MBA is given in this section. As per the TANCET exam pattern for MBA, the question paper shall have 100 multiple choice questions with 4 answers to choose from.
TANCET Marking Scheme for MBA: One mark will be awarded for the right answer, and 1/3 mark will be reduced for every wrong answer.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Total No. of Questions||100|
TANCET Exam Pattern for MCA
The TANCET exam pattern for MCA has 100 questions and one mark will be awarded for the right answer and 1/3 mark will be reduced for every wrong answer. This paper has different sections similar to the MBA exam. Those sections are tabulated below.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
TANCET Exam Pattern ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan
These specifications related to TANCET Question Paper for various courses are given in this section. It has three sections consisting of 20, 20 and 60 questions respectively, for a total of 100 marks.
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Basic Engineering and Science||20|
|Part III (different for different courses)||60|
|Total No. of Questions||100|
The question paper will contain 100 multiple choice questions with four options. The candidates must note that every question only has one correct answer, hence they should not choose more than one options.
TANCET 2021 Marking Scheme
The question paper will have a total of 100 questions, divided into three sections. The TANCET marking scheme for the above mentioned subjects is as follows:
- Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark.
- 1/3 mark will be deducted from the total score for every incorrect answer.
The marking scheme for TANCET exam pattern is clearly tabulated below for the reference of the candidates.
|No. of Questions||Marks (each right answer)||Maximum Marks||Marks (each wrong answer)||OTHER POINTS|
A candidate is advised not to shade bubbles multiple times. It will be considered as a wrong answer and marks will be deducted accordingly.
TANCET Syllabus 2021
Candidates are required to go through the syllabus along with knowing the TANCET exam pattern for preparation. The TANCET exam consists of three types of exam based on the program offered, and all three have distinctive TANCET Syllabus. The summarized syllabus for the TANCET Exam with respect to the courses are given below for the reference of the candidates.
MBA Syllabus as per TANCET Exam Pattern
The MBA Syllabus comprises the following list of main topics to be covered.
- Verbal Ability
- Data Interpretation
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning.
MCA Syllabus as per TANCET Exam Pattern
The MCA Syllabus comprises the following list of main topics. Candidates can go through the same for reference.
- Quantitative ability
- Analytical reasoning
- Logical reasoning
- Computer awareness
- Verbal ability and Basic sciences.
ME/MTech/M.Arch/MPlan Syllabus as per TANCET Exam Pattern
This syllabus of the TANCET exam deals with three parts, where PART 1 is designated for Engineering Mathematics, PART 2 for Basic Engineering and Sciences, and finally, PART 3 is optional and the syllabus depends on the subject that the candidates choose to write. Further information and details regarding the syllabus can be found by visiting the TANCET syllabus page.
How to prepare for TANCET?
Candidates should go through certain preparation tips that are listed below, along with going through the TANCET exam pattern.
- Candidates should start their preparations two months prior to the exam. The preparation should begin with familiarizing oneself with the TANCET exam pattern and the syllabus.
- Preparation from home can be done easily with the help of a timetable to schedule the preparation. Candidates may be subjected to certain distractions, however, they must not deviate and should go through the TANCET exam pattern and syllabus, and revise important topics.
- It is beneficial to study 8 - 10 hours a day.
- Mock tests can be attempted in order to improve time management and understand the TANCET question paper pattern.
- Candidates should solve previous years question papers to familiarize themselves with the TANCET marking scheme and latest question paper pattern.
- They can also prepare short notes on important topics for revision purposes.