Karnataka PGCET 2020 Results will be announced on Karnataka Examination Authority website in the 2nd week of August (tentative). KEA releases the results in form of merit list/ rank list, having names of all PGCET qualifiers. Here are some updates about result section which will give you a brief idea about the result scenario and factors.
Karnataka PGCET Merit list will be solely be based on marks obtained in the written exam i.e. Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test. Merit list will be prepared separately for MCA, MBA, M.Tech / M.E / M.Arch.
How to check Karnataka PGCET 2020 Results
After giving the result candidates can check out answer key of Karnataka PGCET 2020 to have an idea about the answers. Steps for downloading results for Karnataka PGCET are as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority i.e. http://kea.kar.nic.in/.
- Step 2: After going to the official website candidates need to click on the Results tab.
- Step 3: Candidates need to enter Application Number and Date of Birth to view Result.
- Step 4: Candidates need to click on "Submit" to get Karnataka PGCET 2020 Results.
- Step 5: The result will be displayed in the form of a scorecard, where candidates can download for future reference.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Scorecard Details
Details of Karnataka PGCET scorecard should contain the following specifications:
- Candidate’s Name
- Registration Number
- Roll Number
- Section-wise marks
- Total marks
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Answer Key
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Answer key will be released within 3 days of conducting an exam by authorities of the state. Students can use this answer key to estimate a rough score by cross-checking their answers with it.
Applicants can follow the steps given below to download the answer key:
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of KEA
- Step 2: Look for the option of ‘Answer Key’ under the tab of Karnataka PGCET 2020
- Step 3: Candidates need to choose an appropriate set of answer keys according to course.
- Step 4: Applicants need to download it and cross-examine the answers to arrive at a rough score in.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Merit List
The merit of candidates, who appears for Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2020 for MBA and MCA Courses, will be determined separately for each course only on basis of marks obtained by candidates in Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2020.
Candidates should note that if merit of two or more candidates is same, merit shall be determined with reference to total aggregate marks obtained in Qualifying examination and where marks obtained are equal again, merit shall be determined on basis of the age of the candidate, wherein elder candidate will be considered before younger.
Merit for ME/M.Tech/M.Arch (Full Time) in Karnataka PGCET 2020 exam
ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch (Full Time) Course merit is determined by the following parameters:
- GATE Candidates: Merit in respect of GATE candidates shall be determined based on a valid GATE score provided by the candidate.
- Sponsored Candidates: Merit for Sponsored candidates shall be determined in following order of preference namely.
Candidates employed in State Government Institutions/ Organisations.
Candidates employed in Public Sector/ Aided Institutions.
Applicants employed in Private Institutions/ Private Sector Organisations.
Note: In the case of all non-GATE candidates belonging to different categories merit shall be determined on the basis of marks secured by them in PGCET 2020. No age limit is prescribed for sponsored candidates.
However, while allotting seat persons below 45 years of age will be preferred. In event where candidate quits service from sponsoring institutions, a candidate automatically loses seats allotted under sponsored category.
Merit of ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch (Part-Time) Course for Karnataka PGCET 2020 exam
Candidates need to follow the specification of merit list for Part-time course as specified below:
- GATE Candidates: Merit in respect of GATE candidates shall be determined based on valid GATE score provided by the candidate.
- Other Candidates: Merit in respect of all other candidates, shall be determined on the basis of marks secured by them in the PGCET 2020
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Cut-off
Students need to follow cut off standards before appearing for the counseling process:
- Cutoff ranks for earlier years for all discipline category wise, course wise and college wise is hosted on the KEA Website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Cutoff rank shows name of category, course, college, and last rank in particular college for a particular course.
- Cutoff rank is only for students information and no inference shall be drawn on the availability of seat college wise and course wise.
- Cutoff ranks give a fair idea about the last rank under each category admitted to a particular college/ course during previous years
- You should not exercise your options based on cut-off ranks.
- Options should be exercised purely based on the interest of candidate for college/course because cut-off ranks will not be same every year.
- Candidate should make sure that one has not missed out any college/course one wishes to take admission and the same is ordered according to the priority.
Candidates who will get the cut-off criteria set by the universities will be called in for Counselling Process of Karnataka PGCET 2020.