- The second round seat allotment for Karnataka PGCET 2020 is released. Candidates who have taken part in the counselling round can proceed with further admission processes. This will be the final counselling round for the 2020 exam.
- January 5, 2021: The second round counselling schedule for Karnataka PGCET 2020 is released. The process will begin from January 7, 2021.
- December 29, 2020: The first round seat allotment for admissions through Karnataka PGCET 2020 is released.
- December 27, 2020: The provisional mock seat allotment is released. Candidates can make changes to their options based on this seat allotment until December 29, 2020.
- December 24, 2020: The seat matrix for Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling is displayed. Candidates can submit their options from today to December 27, 2020:
- The counselling for the Karnataka PGCET 2020 has started with the document verification process. The conducting authority has released a notification with the schedule for the document verification process. The document verification process is conducted only in the offline mode.
Counselling for Karnataka PGCET 2020 will commence after the announcement of the results. The process involved in Counselling for Karnataka PGCET 2020 are Registration, Document Verification, Filling Preference Form, Seat Allotment, Reporting to Allocated College. Applicants will be allotted seats as per ranks acquired in Karnataka PGCET 2020, preferences of college and course. For M.Tech preference will be given for candidates applying through GATE score. Here are some important updates which will help you understand about Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling Process.
Candidates who will appear for Counselling for Karnataka PGCET 2020 need to have an idea about the cutoff. Aspiring students who will meet the cutoff criteria will be called in for the Counselling Process. Details involved in Counselling Process are mentioned as below:
- Registration of Candidate, Interactive Session for the options entry and assignment of User ID and Password.
- Verification of Documents by conducting authority.
- Verification Schedule.
- The entry of Options by Candidates.
- Detailed instructions are given to candidates along with guidelines about online allotment of seats.
- Illustration for Allotment of Seat.
- Process of Allotment of Seat.
- Post Seat Allotment Procedure and choices which are given to Candidate.
- Remittance of fees, downloading of admission orders, Admission/ Reporting to college, Reporting college joining details to KEA through online.
- Note to candidates who have paid an excess fee.
- A note on refund and forfeiture of fee/ Cancellation of a seat.
PGCET 2020 Counselling Schedule
|Display of Seat Matrix and Fee Structure||December 24, 2020 (after 4:00 PM)|
|PGCET Counselling Round 1|
|Option Entry - Round 1||December 24, 2020 (from 6:00 PM) - December 27, 2020 (up to 11:00 AM)|
|Publication of Mock Seat Allotment||December 27, 2020 (after 4:00 PM)|
|Facility to make changes in Option Entry||December 27, 2020 (from 4:00 PM) - December 29, 2020 (up to 11:00 AM)|
|Publication of First Round Seat Allotment||December 29, 2020 (after 4:00 PM)|
|Exercising of Choices||December 29, 2020 (from 6:00 PM) - December 31, 2020 (up to 11:00 AM)|
|Payment of Fees by Choice 1 and Choice 2 Candidates||December 30, 2020 - December 31, 2020 (up to 4:00 PM)|
|Reporting to Allotted Institutes with Original Documents and Verification Slip (Choice 1 Candidates only)||December 31, 2020 (before 5:30 PM)|
|PGCET Counselling Round 2|
|Verification of Original Documents (Only at Bangalore)||January 7, 2021|
|Display of Seat Matrix (including Forfeited, Cancelled, New Added, etc.)||January 4, 2021|
|Provision to Add/Modify/Delete/Re-Order Options||January 7, 2021 - January 9, 2021|
|Publication of Round 2 Seat Allotment||January 9, 2021|
|Payment of Fees & Downloading Admission Orders||January 11, 2021 - January 12, 2021|
|Last date to report to allotted colleges||January 13, 2021|
|Note: The candidates will not be provided with any provision to exercise choices with respect to the seat allotment in round two of the counselling process as this will be the final round.|
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Seat Allotment
Allotment of seats for Karnataka PGCET 2020 will be conducted in following two rounds and each round consists of three phases and each phase consists of the number of iterations.
- First Round.
- Second and Final Round.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling First Round
Students who will appear in Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling Process for the first round are mentioned as below:
- As per seat matrix issued by Government, after last date and time fixed for entering options are over, action will be taken to allot seats. It will be done in order of merit based on the priority of options entered by candidates and by following the reservation policy of the Government.
- The computer begins allotment with Special Category seat for Physically Disabled and ExDefence.
- For M.Tech those who are applying through GATE scores will be given preferences.
- Candidates who have applied through the General Merit category will be considered only in General Merit quota. Rank list will be invariably followed for allotment of seats.
- All Reserved category candidates will first be considered for allotment, in General Merit as per their merit and rank and as per options are given by them.
- There will be 3 sub-phase of rounds will happen for seat allotment.
Sub-Phases involved in Counselling Process are as follows:
Phase 1- Phase-1 is based on merit and priority of options the first phase of allotment begins.
Phase 2- This is based on the merit and priority of options the second phase of allotment begins.
Phase 3- This is based on after allotment of seats in the second phase of allotment, seats that remain unfilled under various reserved General categories such as SCG, STG, 1G, 2AG, 2BG, 3AG, 3BG, along with unfilled special category seats will be filled in this phase.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling Second and Final Round
Steps involved in Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling Second and Final Round are described as below:
- After completion of 1st Round seat allotment, all the unfilled/ surrendered/ forfeited/cancelled/ newly added seats, if any, will be offered as Casual Vacancies. All candidates who have selected Choice 2 and 3 will be eligible to participate in this round.
- Allotment of seats in Second Round will be that of same with regard to the order of allotment followed in First Round.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Documents
Candidates need to submit documents during the commencement of Counselling. Documents which are required to be submitted at the time of Counselling are mentioned as below:
- Final print out of 2020 Online Application Form.
- Original Copy of Chalan of when they paid the fees.
- ‘PGCET 2020’ Admission Ticket.
- SSLC/ 10th Standard/ Equivalent Examination Marks Card.
- 2nd PUC/ 12th Standard/ Equivalent Examination Marks Card.
- Degree Marks Card of all Years/ Semesters.
- Degree Certificate/ Provisional Degree Certificate/ Course completion certificate.
- Study Certificate (Only for Karnataka Candidates).
- Two recent passport size photographs.
Document Verification Schedule
|Date||Forenoon Session 1
(9:00 AM to 11:00 AM)
Reporting Time: 8:45 AM
|Forenoon Session 2
(11:15 AM to 1:15 PM)
Reporting Time: 10:45 AM
|Afternoon Session 1
(2:00 PM to 4:00 PM)
Reporting Time: 1:30 PM
|Afternoon Session 2
(4:15 PM to 6:15 PM)
Reporting Time: 3:30 PM
|Starting Rank||Ending Rank||Starting Rank||Ending Rank||Starting Rank||Ending Rank||Starting Rank||Ending Rank|
|December 13, 2020||--||--||1||500||501||1000||1001||1500|
|December 14, 2020||1501||2200||2201||3000||3001||3600||3601||4000|
|For Bangalore Centre Only|
|December 15, 2020||Document Verification will not be conducted in Bangalore, Karnataka|
|December 16, 2020||4001||5200||5201||6200||6201||7200||7201||8000|
|December 17, 2020||8001||9500||9501||11000||11001||12200||12201||13000|
|December 18, 2020||13001||15000||15001||17000||17001||Last Rank||--||--|
|For all other document verification centres|
|December 15, 2020||4001||5200||5201||6200||6201||7200||7201||8000|
|December 16, 2020||8001||9500||9501||11000||11001||12200||12201||13000|
|December 17, 2020||13001||15000||15001||17000||17001||Last Rank||--||--|
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Required Documents, if applicable
Candidates required to submit additional documents, if required for Counselling Process. Candidates need to follow important specifications as listed below:
- Candidates who are applying for the part-time course should have a minimum 3 years work Experience Certificate (work experience certificate should include the name of the organization, date of joining, designation, working period, no objection condition etc.,) as per the format.
- For full-time program, Candidates should have a Sponsorship Certificate, if they are getting Sponsorship.
- If candidates are applying to M.Tech with Gate score then GATE Score Card (Result Sheet).
- Caste Income Certificate / Caste Certificate / Income Certificate obtained from concerned Tahasildar, for candidates claiming Reservation benefits. (Income and Caste in Form ‘D’ in case of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and in Form ‘E’ in case of Category-I and a Caste Income Certificate in Form ‘F’ for other backward classes like 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B, issued by the jurisdictional Tahasildar) (Only for Karnataka Candidates).
- Parent’s Hometown certificate/ (Parent’s Domicile certificate/ Parent’s Employment certificate/ Parent’s Cumulative Record/ Parent’s Marks Card, etc.,) / Parent’s study certificate for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats based on the (domicile)/ study / (employment) of the parent.
- Candidates claiming Hyderabad-Karnataka Region Reservation must submit a certificate in Annexure – A issued by concerned Assistant Commissioner during document verification.