Mode of application: CUSAT CAT 2021 application form is available only in online mode on the official portal of the Cochin University.
Availability: The online registration started on Mar 10, 2021 and the last date to apply is extended to Apr 15, 2021.
For NRI Candidates: The last date for NRI candidates and for international Candidates (PIO/ Children of Indian Gulf Workers) is April 30, 2021.
Note: There is no need to send CUSAT CAT 2021 application form with other documents by post to Cochin University.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Steps for Online Application
Creating the login ID
- Official website: Visit the official website of CUSAT at admissions.cusat.ac.in to begin the CUSAT CAT application process.
- Credentials: Click on “New Candidate Registration” and correctly enter the Full Name and Date of Birth. Applicants need to provide a valid e-mail ID and an active mobile number to receive the password for their account.
- Candidates should note that these details cannot be edited in future, so candidates should make sure that they have filled the error-free details.
- Registration option: The email ID provided will be the username for further login on CUSAT CAT 2021 website. Guidelines to choose the correct options out of the 3 given options on the login creation page, is provided below.
Guidelines for Choosing the Correct Option
- Indian Citizens/NRI: The first option “Online Registration Indian Citizens /NRI” is for all Indian Citizens applying for non-NRI seats or for both non-NRI and NRI seats in CUSAT CAT 2021
- Foreign Citizens: The second option “International Candidates/PIO/Children of Indian Gulf Workers” is for those who are applying for seats reserved for foreign citizens or seats reserved for Children of Indian Gulf Workers in CUSAT CAT 2021
- Lateral: There is also a third option, "Lateral Entry" where candidates can join in the third-semester (Second year) courses for B.Tech.
- Login: Note that the e-mail id and mobile number used for CUSAT CAT 2021 website login creation will be considered as the registered e-mail id/mobile number and all the communications regarding CUSAT CAT 2021 will only be sent to the same.
Note: The candidates are advised to write down their User ID and password of their registered e-mail and only provide the mobile number which is always available in their custody and keep it active till the end of CUSAT CAT 2021 admission procedures.
- OTP: A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to the registered E-mail ID and to the mobile number of the candidate. All the information regarding the CUSAT CAT 2021 will be shared with the provided email ID and mobile number.
- Password: Candidate should log in to the official website of the Cochin University for the first time using this password and change it immediately.
- Precautions: The Candidates will not be able to proceed further with the application procedure without the username and password. Hence, the candidates should write down and secure the same until the end of the application process.
- Submission: Click on the link provided and proceed by following the instructions that appear on the screen till final submission of the application of CUSAT CAT 2021.
- Note: From the second time onwards, the candidate can log in using their user ID (e-mail) and the already created Password.
- Payment: For payment of admission form fee, candidates should log in to their "student profile" homepage on Cochin University website. Click on the option “Online Payment” and proceed. Payment can be made either by using credit/debit card, Challan or through net banking.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Application Fee
- Mode: The Candidates are required to pay the CUSAT CAT 2021 application fee through an online payment gateway or through offline mode.
- For online mode, candidates can make payment using Debit Card/ Credit Card /Net banking. And, for offline mode, candidates have to take the printout of the SBI Bank E-Challan and make the payment at the bank.
Note: Applicants who are applying for the Post-Doctoral, Ph.D., M.Phil, Diploma & Certificate Programmers, are required to submit the CUSAT CAT 2021 application fee at the concerned departments in the form of Demand Draft (DD) from SBI, drawn in favour of the "Registrar, CUSAT", which is Payable at Ernakulam.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Application fee structure
|Category||CUSAT CAT Registration Fees|
|For UG & PG courses General Candidates||INR 1000|
|For UG & PG courses SC/ST Candidates||INR 500|
|For International Candidates/PIO/ Children of Indian Gulf Workers(For UG & PG courses)||USD 100|
|For NRI Candidates(For UG & PG courses)||INR 6000|
|Additional Fee for Candidates opting for Dubai as Test Centre||INR 10000|
|For Ph.D. and M.Phil. Programmes||
|For Diploma and Certificate Programmes||