Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) conducts the Common Admission Test (CAT), Lateral Entry Test (LET), Department Admission Test (DAT), Group Discussion and Interview (if applicable) for admission into its various programs.
Latest News on CUSAT CAT
- CUSAT Postponed CUSAT CAT and Other Entrance Exams - Published on April 19, 2021
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Registration Last Date Extended - Published on April 8, 2021
- Jun 8, 2021: The last date for issuance and receipt of applications is Jun 15, 2021. The revised timetable for the exam being conducted from Jul 16 to 18 has also been released.
- May 28, 2021: CUSAT CAT 2021 is scheduled to be held on July 16, 17, and 18, 2021.
- May 15, 2021: Cochin University of Science and Technology has postponed CUSAT CAT 2021 exam due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
- April 19, 2021: The CUSAT CAT 2021 exam that was to be held from June 12 now stands postponed due to the alarming increase in the number of COVID-19 cases. The new exam dates will be announced soon.
- April 7, 2021: The last date to register for CUSAT CAT 2021 is extended to April 15, 2021.
- March 10, 2021: The registrations for the CUSAT CAT 2021 exam starts today. The last date to register for the exam is March 31, 2021. Learn more about the process at CUSAT CAT Application Form.
- February 22, 2021: The exam dates for CUSAT CAT have been announced. The exam will be conducted from June 12 to June 14, 2021. The detailed notification for the exam will be released in March 2021.
- What is CUSAT CAT?
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Date
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Registration
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Admit Card
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Centres
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Syllabus
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Preparation
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Result
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Reference Books
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Answer Key
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Cut off
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Counselling
- Courses offered through CUSAT CAT 2021
- CUSAT CAT Participating Colleges
- CUSAT CAT 2021 Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is CUSAT CAT?
Organized by Cochin University of Science and Technology, CUSAT CAT is the examination for candidates aspiring to pursue courses like BBA, B.Tech, LLB, M.Tech, M.Phil, MCA, MBA, MA, M.Sc at different colleges operating under CUSAT.
It has 27 departments for UG, PG, and research programs. It has 3 campuses: two in Kochi district and one in Kuttanad, Alappuzha District of Kerala in India.
- Courses Offered: CUSAT offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. CUSAT also offers Dual Degree Programmes and lateral entry to various B.Tech courses.
- Frequency: CUSAT CAT exam is held once a year at various exam centres.
- Enrollment: Nearly 2000 students take admission every year in various UG and PG programmes through CUSAT.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Category||Both Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e Computer - Based Test (CBT)|
CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Date
Candidates can go through this section to know the complete information on CUSAT CAT dates. CUSAT CAT 2021 application form is available on the official website. Due to the pertaining situation of the Pandemic, the exam got canceled. The new process of selection will be updated soon.
|Application Process Commencement||Mar 10, 2021|
|Last date to fill Application||Apr 15, 2021|
|Last date to apply with late fees||Apr 30, 2021|
|Last date to pay the fees||Apr 16, 2021|
|Last date for international students||April 30, 2021|
|Last date for Issuance and Receipt of Applications||Jun 15, 2021|
|Admit Card Availability||Jun 15, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Date of Examination||Jul 16, 2021 - Jul 18, 2021|
|Declaration of Result||July 2021|
|Commencement of the counselling process||July 2021|
CUSAT CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterion for each course differs from another, nonetheless, the overall criteria are similar and remain almost the same. Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT Entrance Exam 2021 for UG courses is given below:
- Age Limit: The candidates must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2021 to be eligible for CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam.
- Education Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a university or institution recognized by the State or from Kerala board with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their main subjects in 10+2. Must have scored 50% in Mathematics.
- Candidates having any backlogs in 10+2 are not eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT for PG courses is given below:
- Education Qualification: Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree from any Govt. recognized university/ institution with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply for CUSAT CAT 2021 PG.
NOTE: Only the students who will satisfy the eligibility criteria of CUSAT CAT will be allowed to move forward with the admission process.
|Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT 2021|
|For Undergraduate Courses|
|Education Qualification||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized university/ institution|
|Minimum Percentage||50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Age Limit||Completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2021|
|For Postgraduate Courses|
|Education Qualification||Bachelor's degree from any Govt. recognized university/ institution|
|Minimum Percentage||60% aggregate marks in Bachelor's degree*|
|Age Limit||No age limit|
- Note: The minimum marks may differ from course to course.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Registration
The online application window is open from Mar 10, 2021 and the last date to fill the form without the late fee is Jun 15, 2021. For MBA and international students, the last date to apply will be specified by the exam conducting authorities.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Registration process
- Candidates have to register online by filling in personal details such as Name, Phone number, Date of Birth and Email ID.
- After filling the registration form details a user ID and password will be sent to the registered Email ID and mobile number, using which the candidates have to log in and fill the academic details.
- A Candidate needs to choose the desired courses while filling the CUSAT CAT 2021 Application Form online.
- While filling CUSAT CAT 2021 Application Form, candidates need to upload the scanned documents such as Signature, Photograph, Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates should make sure that scanned documents should be in the ".jpg" or ".jpeg" format.
- The application fee can be paid only through online mode using the payment gateway.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Application Fee:
The category-wise application fee structure is given below:
|International Candidates||USD 100|
|NRI Candidates||INR 6000/-|
CUSAT CAT 2021 Admit Card
The admit card is considered to be a very important document that identifies one as a registered applicant for CUSAT CAT 2021. It is mandatory for candidates to carry their respective Admit card to the exam centre. To obtain the admit card from the official website follow the mentioned steps.
Steps to download CUSAT 2021 Admit Card:
- Step 1: Visit the CUSAT CAT 2021 official website.
- Step 2: After visiting the website, click on the link “CUSAT CAT 2021 Admit Card Download”.
- Step 3: Enter your Registration Number and Date of Birth, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Step 4: Candidates will now be able to view their online admit card on the screen and download it to save it for offline use.
- Step 5: The downloaded CUSAT CAT 2021 Admit Card should be taken at least 2 colour-print outs to carry it to the exam centre.
The CUSAT CAT 2021 admit card will be released a week or a few days before the commencement of the examination. Candidates must keep a thorough check on the updates for the same.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Centres
Along with the course, CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Centre is one of the options that the applicants have to choose while filling in the application form. Candidates should preferably choose the exam centre which is nearby and convenient for them to report to.
- Changes: It must be noted that any request for a change in CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Centre after the submission of the application form will not be accepted.
- ID Proof: Applicants must carry a valid ID proof along with the Admit Card for identity verification. Entry to the exam hall without ID proof is strictly prohibited.
- Venue: Details of the examination timings and the venue will be clearly mentioned on the CUSAT CAT 2021 Admit Card.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The examination will be organized through online mode (computer-based). To prepare for this examination, candidates must go through the complete details about the CUSAT CAT 2021 exam pattern given below.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam will be conducted in online mode i.e Computer-based test (CBT). CUSAT 2021 questions will be in objective format i.e. multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with 4 choices with one correct answer. For B.Tech, the exam is divided into two parts i.e Paper 1 and Paper 2:
- Paper 1: Mathematics
- Paper 2: Chemistry and Physics
B.Tech paper will consist of 125 questions, each carrying 3 marks. Thus, total marks of CUSAT 2021 are 750 marks. CUSAT 2021 papers have to be finished within 3 hours or 180 minutes.
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Marking Scheme||+3 mark for Correct Answers-1 Mark for Incorrect Answers|
|Total marks||Varies from course to course|
CUSAT 2021 Syllabus
Before appearing in the CUSAT 2021 Exam, candidates must have a better idea about the syllabus. In order to score good marks in the entrance exam, candidates can refer to the prescribed CUSAT 2021 Reference Book that will aid the preparation.
- Syllabus details: For UG courses, CUSAT 2021 Syllabus will be based on the Class XI and Class XII state board subjects.
Subject-wise Important topics of CUSAT CAT - B. Tech syllabus is given below:
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Induction
- Sequences and Series
- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
- Differential Equations
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Oscillations and Waves
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication systems
- The States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Kinetics
- Block Elements (Alkali And Alkaline Earth Metals)
- Co-Ordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Gaseous and Liquid States
- Extractive Metallurgy
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
- Amino acids and Peptides
How to prepare for CUSAT CAT Exam?
Follow the tips and tricks given below to prepare for CUSAT CAT Exam -
- Know Your Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern - You must know the latest syllabus and exam pattern of CUSAT CAT 2021 before you start preparing for the entrance exam. Knowing your syllabus well in advance will help you to be aware of the important chapters/topics from which the questions will be asked in the entrance exam. Therefore, having detailed knowledge about the CUSAT CAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern is very much important for scoring well and to crack the exam.
- Solve Practice Papers and Previous Years Papers - The more you practice, the better you will perform in the exam. For an entrance exam like CUSAT CAT, make sure that you practice at least once a week. Try solving as many previous year question papers and practise papers as you can. And take up mock tests which will help you crack the exam. Collect sample papers or previous years’ question papers from reliable sources and solve them which will help you to prepare for the exam. It will really help you to boost your confidence. Mock tests are an important part of exam preparation. This will help the candidates in getting a clear idea of how the test-taking environment would be in the actual exam. Additionally, by practising mock tests, you will be able to understand and analyse the work on areas that you need to improve in.
- Prepare a Time-Table for yourself - Preparing a time table would help you create a proper strategy to prepare for the CUSAT CAT Exam and is the most crucial part of the exam preparation. Every day of exam preparation matters a lot. Students can divide their time equally for all the subjects. Devote more hours to subjects that you find difficult, while you can devote less time to easy topics/chapters. Include short breaks in your timetable. Take some time to relax so that you can start studying with a fresh mind.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Result
CUSAT CAT 2021 Results were supposed to be declared on the official website. Since the Exam stands cancelled, the new admission process for the year 2021 will be declared soon.
In order to download the CUSAT CAT 2021 Result, candidates need to enter his/her name and registration number for login.
Steps to download CUSAT CAT 2021 Scorecard
- Log in to the official website of CUSAT at cusat.ac.in.
- Enter your roll number, date of birth, and date of exam.
- The CUSAT CAT 2021 Results will be displayed along with course choice and rank.
- Download and keep a copy of it for further reference.
CUSAT CAT Reference Books
Candidates can refer to some CUSAT CAT Reference Books for better preparation. Important CUSAT CAT Reference Books are tabulated below.
|Inorganic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Organic Chemistry||Arihant Publications|
|Understanding Physics||D.C. Pandey|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal
& Non-Verbal Reasoning
|S. Chand Publication|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K.Pandey||BSC Publication|
|Verbal Reasoning||M.K.Pandey||BSC Publication|
|High School English Grammar & Composition||Wren and Martin||S.Chand Publication|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi||Arihant Publication|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations (5th Edition)||Hari MohanPrasad, Uma Rani Sinha||Mcgraw Hill Education|
CUSAT CAT 2021 Answer Key
The answer key is released a few days after the conduction of the exam. Follow the steps given below to check the CUSAT CAT 2021 Answer Key:
- Open the official website of the CUSAT CAT 2021.
- Candidates have to enter following details such as the candidate's Roll Number, Date of Birth, Date of Exam, Batch, and Security Code.
- After filling the necessary details, click on the “Submit” button.
- The answer key will be published on the computer screen in a pdf format.
- The candidates can then download the CUSAT Answer Key.
- Keep the printed copy of the answer key for further use.
How to raise Objections and Challenge the Answer Key?
The university provides the facility to raise objections and challenge the official answer key. Candidates have to challenge the answer key within the stipulated time period. After releasing the answer key, if the candidate is not satisfied with any question, they can make an objection by submitting a valid reason.
The University will provide the time period within which the candidate has to file their objections if they have any, with a valid explanation. After the given time period, no challenges will be accepted by the university.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Cut off
CUSAT CAT 2021 Cut off will be declared by the conducting authority, CUSAT on their official website which will be the basis for counselling procedure.
- There are certain parameters on which cut off depend as mentioned below:
- Number of candidates applying for the exam.
- Difficulty level of the examination,
- Number of vacant seats in different institutes.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Counselling
CUSAT CAT 2021 Counselling process was expected to start in June 2021 (tentatively), but the new dates will be announced soon. Dates for the document verification, fee submission, and other formalities will be released after the declaration of results.
- Shortlisted candidates: Only the candidates who have successfully cleared the cut-off marks of CUSAT would get selected for the CUSAT CAT 2021 Counselling. Candidates are allotted seats during the counselling process on the basis of their ranks.
- Candidates should keep the following points in mind while appearing for CUSAT CAT 2021 Counselling:
- Candidates are required to register themselves at the counselling venue.
- Qualified candidates will be allotted to their preferred branches & colleges as per their rank in the merit list.
- Candidates should carry original documents as well as self-attested photocopies of it at the time of counselling.
- If the candidates fail to report at the allotted institute as per the mentioned date, their seat shall be cancelled.
Courses Offered through CUSAT CAT
CUSAT offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. CUSAT also offers Dual Degree Programmes and lateral entry to various B.Tech courses. The list of courses offered are listed in the table below -
|Course Type||Course Name||Duration|
|Undergraduate Courses||B.Tech||4 years|
|BBA LL.B.||5 years|
|B.Com LL.B||5 years|
|Postgraduate Courses||M.Sc Photonics||2 years|
|M.Sc Computer Science||2 years|
|M.Sc Marine||2 years|
|MCA/ MCA (Lateral Entry )||1 year|
|M Voc in Technology and Management Consulting||2 years|
|M.Sc Integrated Programme
|M.Tech Marine Genomics||2 years|
|B.Voc Business Process and Data Analytics||2 years|
|M.Sc Microbiology||2 years|
CUSAT CAT Participating Colleges
The candidates who have managed to clear the CUSAT CAT Exam can get into the list of colleges mentioned in the table below-
|1||M.G. College of Engineering, Thrikkanamangalam, Thiruvallam, Thiruvananthapuram|
|2||Institutions under Southern Naval Command Head Quarters, Kochi (SNCHQ)|
|3||College of Engineering, Thrikkaripur, Cheemeni.P.O., Kasargod|
|4||Central Institute of Fisheries, Nautical & Engineering Training (CIFNET), Kochi|
|5||Sarabhai Institute of Science and Technology, Vellanada, Thiruvananthapuram|
|6||Co-operative Institute of Technology, Palayanada P.O., Vadakara, Kozhikode|
|7||College of Engineering, Kuriottumala, Piravanthoor, Pathanapuram, Kollam|
|8||T.K.M. Institute of Technology, Karuvelil, Musaliar Hills, Ezhukone, Kollam|
|9||College of Engineering, Pallipuram, Cherthala, Allapuzha|
|10||College of Engineering, Govt. ITI Campus, Attingal, Thiruvananthapuram|
|11||K.V.M. College of Engineering and Information Technology, Alleppey|
|12||College of Engineering, Kidangoor, Kottayam|
|13||Toc-H Institute of Science and Technology, Arakunnam.P.O., Kochi|
|14||College of Engineering, Poonjar, Thekkekkara.P.O., Kottayam|
|15||College of Engineering, Chengannoor, Alappuzha|
|16||College of Engineering, Perumon, Perinad.P.O., Kollam|
|17||Model Engineering College, BMC P.O., Thrikkakkara, Kochi|
|18||College of Engineering, Kallooppara, Pathanamthitta|
|19||College of Engineering, Karunagapally, Kollam|
|20||College of Engineering, Adoor, Pathanamthitta|
|21||College of Engineering, Kottarakkara, Kollam|
|22||College of Engineering, Thalassery, Kannur|
|23||College of Engineering, Munnar, Idukki|
|24||School of Engineering, CUSAT|
|25||Cochin University College of Engineering Kuttanad, Alappuzha|
|26||Conspi Academy of Management Studies, Planakalamukku|
|27||Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Kerala|
|28||ER & DCI Institute of Technology, Thiruvananthapuram|
|29||College of Engineering Vatakara, Kozhikode|
CUSAT CAT 2021 Contact Details
Candidates can use the below information in case of any query regarding admissions:
- Address: The Director, Cochin University, Post Kochi, Pincode - 682022, Kerala, India.
- Phone Number: +91-484-2577159, 2577100
- Fax Number: 0484-2577688
- Website: cusat.ac.in.
- Email ID: [email protected]
How many students appeared for CUSAT 2019?
Over 21,000 students appeared for CAT 2019 of CUSAT for B.Tech admission.
How many colleges are under CUSAT?
There are totally 29 institutes under CUSAT.
Is the CUSAT exam online?
CUSAT CAT is a Computer - Based Test (CBT). The exam can only be given in online mode.
Is CUSAT a government college?
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) is a government-owned autonomous science and technology university which is located in Kochi, Kerala.