CUSAT CAT 2022 exam result for various UG courses were released on Jul 21, 2022 on the official website. The result contains name, scores by the candidates and their all India ranks. In order to download the CUSAT CAT 2022 Result, candidates need to enter/her name and CUSAT CAT 2022 registration number for login.
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) conducts the Common Admission Test (CAT), Lateral Entry Test (LET), Department Admission Test (DAT), Group Discussion, and Interview (if applicable) for admission into its various programs. Keep reading this article to know more about CUSA CAT 2022.
Latest Updates for CUSAT CAT
- Jul 22, 2022: CUSAT CAT 2022 results for various UG courses were released on Jul 21, 2022. Read More
Table of Contents
- CUSAT CAT 2022 Result
- About CUSAT CAT
- CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Date
- CUSAT CAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- CUSAT CAT 2022 Registration
- CUSAT CAT 2022 Admit Card
- CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Centres
- CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
- CUSAT CAT 2022 Syllabus
- CUSAT CAT 2022 Reference Books
- CUSAT CAT 2022 Answer Key
- CUSAT CAT 2022 Cut off
- CUSAT CAT 2022 Counselling
- Courses offered through CUSAT CAT 2022
- CUSAT CAT Participating Colleges
- CUSAT CAT 2022 Contact Details
CUSAT CAT 2022 Result
CUSAT CAT 2022 results for various UG courses were released on Jul 21, 2022 the official website. CUSAT CAT rank list is available course wise on the official website. The result contains name, scores by the candidates and their all India ranks. In order to download the CUSAT CAT 2022 Result, candidates need to enter/her name and CUSAT CAT 2022 registration number for login.
Steps to Download CUSAT CAT 2022 Scorecard
- Step 1: Log in to the official website of CUSAT at cusat.ac.in.
- Step 2: Enter your roll number, date of birth, and date of exam.
- Step 3: The CUSAT CAT 2022 Results will be displayed along with course choice and rank.
- Step 4: Download and keep a copy of it for further reference.
Read More: CUSAT CAT 2022 Results
About CUSAT CAT
Organized by Cochin University of Science and Technology, CUSAT CAT is the examination for candidates aspiring to pursue courses like BBA, B.Tech, LLB, M.Tech, M.Phil, MCA, MBA, MA, M.Sc at different colleges operating under CUSAT.
It has 27 departments for UG, PG, and research programs. It has 3 campuses: two in Kochi district and one in Kuttanad, Alappuzha District of Kerala in India.
- Courses Offered: CUSAT offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. CUSAT also offers Dual Degree Programmes and lateral entry to various B.Tech courses.
- Frequency: CUSAT CAT exam is held once a year at various exam centres.
- Enrollment: Nearly 2000 students take admitted every year to various UG and PG programs through CUSAT.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||CUSAT CAT|
|Full Form||Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Category||Both Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e Computer - Based Test (CBT)|
CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Date
CUSAT 2022 notice for the UG test was released by the conducting body. According to the notice, candidates who have selected the test centre inside Kerala and with their JEE Main 2022 exam date clashing with CUSAT UG exam will be given a chance to change the exam date. Therefore, candidates must apply through their profile with a copy of the JEE main 2022 admit card as proof before Jun 12, 2022. Candidates can go through this section to know the complete information on CUSAT CAT 2022 dates. CUSAT CAT 2022 application form is available on the official website.
|Application Process Commencement||
Feb 8, 2022
|Last Date to Fill Application||
Mar 25, 2022
For MBA - Apr 25, 2022
|Last Date to Apply With Late Fees||
Mar 31, 2022
For MBA - Apr 30, 2022
|Last Date to Pay the Fees||Mar 31, 2022|
|Last Date for International Students||Apr 30, 2022|
|Last date for Issuance and Receipt of Applications||Apr 30, 2022|
|Admit Card Availability||
UG Courses - Jun 10, 2022
PG Courses - May 3, 2022 - May 14, 2022
|CUSAT CAT 2022 Date of Examination||UG Courses: Jun 22 - 24, 2022
PG Courses: May 14 - 15, 2022
|Provisional Answer Key and Objection Window||To be announced|
|Declaration of Result||UG: Jul 21, 2022|
|Commencement of the counselling Process||To be announced|
CUSAT CAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
CUSAT CAT 2022 eligibility criterion for each course differs from another, nonetheless, the overall CUSAT CAT 2022 criteria are similar and remain almost the same. The CUSAT CAT 2022 eligibility criteria for CUSAT CAT entrance exam 2022 for UG courses are given below:
- Age Limit: The candidates must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2022 to be eligible for CUSAT CAT 2022 exam.
- Education Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a university or institution recognized by the State or from Kerala Board with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their main subjects in 10+2. Must have scored 50% in Mathematics.
- Candidates having any backlogs in 10+2 are not eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT for PG courses are given below:
- Education Qualification: Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree from any Govt. recognized university/ institution with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply for CUSAT CAT 2022 PG.
NOTE: Only the students who will satisfy the eligibility criteria of CUSAT CAT will be allowed to move forward with the CUSAT CAT 2022 admission process.
|Education Qualification||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized university/ institution|
|Minimum Percentage||50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Age Limit||Completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2022|
CUSAT CAT 2022 eligibility Criteria for postgraduate courses
|Education Qualification||Bachelor's degree from any Govt. recognized university/ institution|
|Minimum Percentage||60% aggregate marks in Bachelor's degree*|
|Age Limit||No age limit|
- Note: The CUSAT CAT 2022 minimum marks may differ from course to course.
Read More: CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria
CUSAT CAT 2022 Registration
The application process for CUSAT CAT 2022 was open from Feb 8, 2022, to Mar 25, 2022, for all CUSAT CAT 2022 undergraduate programs. The last date to fill the CUSAT CAT 2022 form with the late fee was Mar 31, 2022. The online application window for the CUSAT CAT 2022 MBA program was extended to Apr 25, 2022, while the last date to fill the CUSAT CAT 2022 form with a fine was Apr 30, 2022.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Registration Process
Candidates can refer to the steps below to fill out the application form for CUSAT CAT 2022.
- Step 1: Candidates have to register online by filling in personal details such as Name, Phone number, Date of Birth, and Email ID.
- Step 2: After filling in the registration form details a user ID and password will be sent to the registered Email ID and mobile number, using which the candidates have to log in and fill in the academic details.
- Step 3: A candidate needs to choose the desired courses while filling out the CUSAT CAT 2022 Application Form online.
- Step 4: While filling CUSAT CAT 2022 application form, candidates need to upload scanned documents such as Signature, Photograph, and Left Thumb Impression.
- Step 5: Candidates should make sure that scanned documents should be in the ".jpg" or ".jpeg" format.
- Step 6: The CUSAT CAT 2022 application fee can be paid only through online mode using the payment getaway.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Application Fee
The CUSAT CAT 2022 category-wise application fee structure is given below:
|International Candidates||USD 100|
|NRI Candidates||INR 6000|
Read More: CUSAT CAT 2022 Application Form
CUSAT CAT 2022 Admit Card
CUSAT CAT 2022 PG admit card was released on the official website on May 3, 2022. The admit card is considered to be a very important document that identifies one as a registered applicant for CUSAT 2022. It is mandatory for candidates to carry their respective admit cards to the exam centre. To obtain the admit card from the official website follow the mentioned steps.
Steps to Download CUSAT 2022 Admit Card
- Step 1: Visit the CUSAT CAT 2022 official website.
- Step 2: After visiting the website, click on the link “CUSAT CAT 2022 Admit Card Download”.
- Step 3: Enter your Registration Number and Date of Birth, and click on the 'Submit' button.
- Step 4: Candidates will now be able to view their online admit card on the screen and download it to save it for offline use.
- Step 5: The downloaded CUSAT 2022 Admit Card should be taken at least 2 colour-print outs to carry it to the exam centre.
CUSAT CAT 2022 admit card will be released on Jun 10, 2022. Candidates must keep a thorough check on the updates for the same.
Read More: CUSAT CAT 2022 Admit Card
CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Centres
Along with the course, CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Centre is one of the options that the applicants have to choose from while filling in the application form. Candidates should preferably choose the CUSAT CAT 2022 exam centre which is nearby and convenient for them to report to.
- Changes: It must be noted that any request for a change in the CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Centre after the submission of the application form will not be accepted.
- ID Proof: Applicants must carry a valid ID proof along with the CUSAT CAT 2022 admit card for identity verification. Entry to the exam hall without ID proof is strictly prohibited.
- Venue: Details of the examination timings and the venue will be clearly Mentioned on the CUSAT CAT 2022 admit card.
|New Delhi||Kalpatta (Wayanad)||Bangalore||Alappuzha||Ranchi|
Read More: CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Centre
CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The examination will be organized through online mode (computer-based). To prepare for this examination, candidates must go through the complete details about the CUSAT CAT 2022 exam pattern given below. CUSAT CAT 2022 exam will be conducted in online mode i.e Computer-based test (CBT). CUSAT 2022 questions will be in objective format i.e. multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with 4 choices with one correct answer. For B.Tech, the exam is divided into two parts i.e Paper 1 and Paper 2:
- Paper 1: Mathematics
- Paper 2: Chemistry and Physics
- For test code 101 it is 200 MCQs for 600 marks. CUSAT 2022 papers have to be finished within 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- For test code 104, it is 170 MCQs for 510 marks. The duration is 150 minutes or 2.30 hours.
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
180 minutes- 101
150 minutes- 104
|Marking Scheme||+3 mark for Correct Answers-1 Mark for Incorrect Answers|
|Total marks||Varies from course to course|
Read More: CUSAT CAT 2022 exam pattern
CUSAT 2022 Syllabus
Before appearing in the CUSAT 2022 Exam, candidates must have a better idea of the syllabus. In order to score good marks in the entrance exam, candidates can refer to the prescribed CUSAT 2022 Reference Book that will Aid the preparation. For UG courses, CUSAT 2022 Syllabus will be based on the Class XI and Class XII state board subjects. Subject-wise Important topics of the CUSAT CAT - B. Tech syllabus are given below.
How to Prepare for CUSAT CAT Exam?
Follow the tips and tricks given below to prepare for CUSAT CAT Exam:
- Know Your Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern - You must know the latest CUSAT CAT 2022 syllabus and exam pattern of CUSAT CAT 2022 before you start preparing for the CUSAT CAT 2022 entrance exam. Knowing your CUSAT CAT 2022 syllabus well in advance will help you to be aware of the important chapters/topics from which the questions will be asked in the CUSAT CAT 2022 entrance exam. Therefore, having detailed knowledge about the CUSAT CAT Syllabus and CUSAT CAT 2022Exam Pattern is very much important for scoring well and cracking the CUSAT CAT 2022exam.
- Solve Practice Papers and Previous Years Papers - The more you practice, the better you will perform in the CUSAT CAT 2022 exam. For an entrance exam like CUSAT CAT, make sure that you practice at least once a week. Try solving as many previous year's question papers and practice papers as you can. And take up mock tests which will help you crack the CUSAT CAT 2022 exam. Collect sample papers or CUSAT CAT 2022 previous years’ question papers from reliable sources and solve them which will help you to prepare for the CUSAT CAT 2022 exam. It will really help you to boost your confidence. Mock tests are an important part of exam preparation. This will help the candidates in getting a clear idea of how the test-taking environment would be in the actual exam. Additionally, by practising CUSAT CAT 2022 mock tests, you will be able to understand and analyze the work on areas that you need to improve in.
- Prepare a Time-Table for yourself - Preparing a timetable Would help you create a proper strategy to prepare for The CUSAT CAT Exam and is the most crucial part of the exam CUSAT CAT 2022 preparation. Every day of exam preparation matters a lot. Students can divide their time equally for all CUSAT CAT 2022 subjects. Devote more hours to subjects that you find difficult, while you can devote less time to easy topics/chapters. Include short breaks in your timetable. Take some time to relax so that you can start studying with a fresh mind.
Read More: CUSAT 2022 Syllabus
CUSAT CAT Reference Books
Candidates can refer to some CUSAT CAT Reference Books for better preparation. Important CUSAT CAT Reference Books are tabulated below.
|Inorganic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Organic Chemistry||Arihant Publications|
|Understanding Physics||D.C. Pandey|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal
& Non-Verbal Reasoning
|S. Chand Publication|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K.Pandey||BSC Publication|
|Verbal Reasoning||M.K.Pandey||BSC Publication|
|High School English Grammar & Composition||Wren and Martin||S.Chand Publication|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi||Arihant Publication|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations (5th Edition)||Hari MohanPrasad, Uma Rani Sinha||Mcgraw Hill Education|
Read More: CUSAT CAT Reference Books
CUSAT CAT 2022 Answer Key
The answer key is released a few days after the conduction of the exam. Follow the steps given below to check the CUSAT CAT 2022 answer key:
- Step 1: Open the official website of the CUSAT CAT 2022.
- Step 2: Candidates have to enter the following details their candidate Roll Number, Date of Birth, Date of Exam, Batch, and Security Code.
- Step 3: After filling in the necessary details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Step 4: The CUSAT CAT 2022 answer key will be published on the computer screen in a pdf format.
- Step 5: The candidates can then download the CUSAT answer key.
- Step 6: Keep the printed copy of the CUSAT CAT 2022 answer key for further use.
How to Raise Objections and Challenge the Answer Key?
The university provides the facility to raise objections and challenge the CUSAT CAT 2022 official answer key. Candidates have to challenge the CUSAT CAT 2022 answer key within the stipulated time period. After releasing the CUSAT CAT 2022 answer key, if the candidate is not satisfied with any question, they can make an objection by submitting a valid reason.
The university will provide the time period within which the candidate has to file their objections if they have any, with a valid explanation. After the given time period, no challenges will be accepted by the university.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Cut Off
CUSAT CAT 2022 Cut off will be declared by the conducting authority, CUSAT on their official website which will be the basis for the counselling procedure. There are certain parameters on which cut off depend as mentioned below:
- The number of candidates applying for the exam.
- The difficulty level of the examination,
- The number of vacant seats in different institutes.
Read More: CUSAT CAT Cut Off 2022
CUSAT CAT 2022 Counselling
CUSAT CAT 2022 Counselling process is expected to start from #counselling_date (tentatively), but the new dates will be announced soon. Dates for the document verification, fee submission, and other formalities will be released after the declaration of results.
- Shortlisted candidates: Only the candidates who have successfully cleared the cut-off marks of CUSAT would get selected for the CUSAT CAT 2022 counselling. Candidates are allotted seats during the counselling process on the basis of their ranks.
- Candidates should keep the following points in mind while appearing for CUSAT CAT 2022 counselling:
- Candidates are required to register themselves at the counselling venue.
- Qualified candidates will be allotted to their preferred branches & colleges as per their rank in the merit list.
- Candidates should carry original documents as well as self-attested photocopies of them at the time of counselling.
- If the candidates fail to report at the allotted institute as per the mentioned date, their seats shall be cancelled.
Read More: CUSAT CAT 2022 Counselling
Courses Offered through CUSAT CAT
CUSAT offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. CUSAT also offers Dual Degree Programmes and lateral entry to various B.Tech courses. The list of courses offered is listed in the table below.
|Course Type||Course Name||Duration|
|Undergraduate Courses||B.Tech||4 years|
|BBA LL.B.||5 years|
|B.Com LL.B||5 years|
|Postgraduate Courses||M.Sc Photonics||2 years|
|M.Sc Computer Science||2 years|
|M.Sc Marine||2 years|
|MCA/ MCA (Lateral Entry )||1 year|
|M Voc in Technology and Management Consulting||2 years|
|M.Sc Integrated Programme
|M.Tech Marine Genomics||2 years|
|B.Voc Business Process and Data Analytics||2 years|
|M.Sc Microbiology||2 years|
CUSAT CAT Participating Colleges
The candidates who have managed to clear the CUSAT CAT Exam can get into the list of colleges mentioned in the table below:
|M.G. College of Engineering, Thrikkanamangalam, Thiruvallam, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Institutions under Southern Naval Command Head Quarters, Kochi (SNCHQ)|
|College of Engineering, Thrikkaripur, Cheemeni.P.O., Kasargod|
|Central Institute of Fisheries, Nautical & Engineering Training (CIFNET), Kochi|
|Sarabhai Institute of Science and Technology, Vellanada, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Co-operative Institute of Technology, Palayanada P.O., Vadakara, Kozhikode|
|College of Engineering, Kuriottumala, Piravanthoor, Pathanapuram, Kollam|
|T.K.M. Institute of Technology, Karuvelil, Musaliar Hills, Ezhukone, Kollam|
|College of Engineering, Pallipuram, Cherthala, Allapuzha|
|College of Engineering, Govt. ITI Campus, Attingal, Thiruvananthapuram|
|K.V.M. College of Engineering and Information Technology, Alleppey|
|College of Engineering, Kidangoor, Kottayam|
|Toc-H Institute of Science and Technology, Arakunnam. P.O., Kochi|
|College of Engineering, Poonjar, Thekkekkara.P.O., Kottayam|
|College of Engineering, Chengannoor, Alappuzha|
|College of Engineering, Perumon, Perinad. P.O., Kollam|
|Model Engineering College, BMC P.O., Thrikkakkara, Kochi|
|College of Engineering, Kallooppara, Pathanamthitta|
|College of Engineering, Karunagapally, Kollam|
|College of Engineering, Adoor, Pathanamthitta|
|College of Engineering, Kottarakkara, Kollam|
|College of Engineering, Thalassery, Kannur|
|College of Engineering, Munnar, Idukki|
|School of Engineering, CUSAT|
|Cochin University College of Engineering Kuttanad, Alappuzha|
|Conspi Academy of Management Studies, Planakalamukku|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Kerala|
|ER & DCI Institute of Technology, Thiruvananthapuram|
|College of Engineering Vatakara, Kozhikode|
CUSAT CAT 2022 Contact Details
Candidates can use the below information in case of any query regarding admissions:
- Address: The Director, Cochin University, Post Kochi, Pincode - 682022, Kerala, India.
- Phone Number: +91-484-2577159, 2577100
- Fax Number: 0484-2577688
- Website: cusat.ac.in.
- Email ID: [email protected]
How many colleges are under CUSAT 2022?
There are totally 29 institutes under CUSAT.
Is the CUSAT exam online?
CUSAT CAT is a Computer - Based Test (CBT). The exam can only be given in online mode.
Is CUSAT a government college?
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) is a government-owned autonomous science and technology university which is located in Kochi, Kerala.