Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) conducts the Common Admission Test (CAT), Lateral Entry Test (LET), Department Admission Test (DAT), Group Discussion and Interview (if applicable) for admission to its various programmes. Get Detailed information on the CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria, Application Process, Important Dates, Courses and more in the article given below.
- July 18, 2020: The CUSAT CAT 2020 examination that was to be held on July 27 and 28, 2020, now stands cancelled. The details about the revised admission process for the year 2020 will be announced soon.
- What is CUSAT CAT?
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Date
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Registration
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Centres
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Syllabus
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Preparation
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Result
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Reference Books
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Answer Key
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Cut off
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling
- Courses offered through CUSAT CAT 2020
- CUSAT CAT Participating Colleges
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is CUSAT CAT?
CUSAT CAT is a national level exam conducted by Cochin University of Science and Technology, for admission into BBA, B.Tech, LLB, M.Tech, M.Phil, MCA, MBA, MA, M.Sc and other programs, at all the colleges under it.
- It has 27 departments for UG, PG, and research programs. It has 3 campuses: two in Kochi district and one in Kuttanad, Alappuzha District of Kerala in India.
- Courses Offered: CUSAT offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. CUSAT also offers Dual Degree Programmes and lateral entry to various B.Tech courses.
- Frequency: CUSAT CAT exam is held once a year at various exam centres.
- Enrollment: Nearly 2000 students take admission every year in various UG and PG programmes through CUSAT.
|CUSAT CAT 2020 Highlights|
|Exam Name||Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Category||Both Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e Computer - Based Test (CBT)|
CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Date
Candidates can go through this article to know the complete information regarding CUSAT CAT 2020 important dates -
- Application Form: CUSAT CAT 2020 application form is available on the official website from January 8, 2020 to February 10, 2020.
- Admit Card: The date will be announced soon.
- Exam Date: CUSAT CAT 2020 consists of two papers. The exam is going to be held at July 27, 2020 and July 28, 2020.
- Counselling: The dates will be announced soon.
|Application Process Commencement||January 8, 2020|
|Last date to fill Application||February 10, 2020: For MBA, Last date is February 15, 2020|
|Last date to fill with late fee||February 15, 2020; For MBA, Last date with late fee is February 20, 2020|
|Last date for international students||30th April 2020|
|Admit Card available||To be announced|
|Date of Examination||Cancelled|
|Declaration of Result||To be announced|
|Commencement of the counselling process||To be announced|
CUSAT CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility criteria for each course are slightly different than the other, nonetheless, the overall criteria are similar and remain almost the same. Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT Entrance Exam 2020 for UG courses are as given below:
- Age Limit: The candidates must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020 to be eligible for CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam.
- Education Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a university or institution recognized by the State or from Kerala board with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their main subjects in 10+2. Must have scored 50% in the subject of Mathematics.
- Candidates having any backlogs in 10+2 are not eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT for PG courses are as given below:
- Education Qualification: Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree from any Govt. recognized university/ institution with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply for CUSAT CAT 2020 PG.
NOTE: Only the students who will satisfy the eligibility criteria of CUSAT CAT will be allowed to take part in the exam.
|Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT 2020|
|For Undergraduate Courses|
|Education Qualification||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized university/ institution|
|Minimum Percentage||50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Age Limit||Completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020|
|For Postgraduate Courses|
|Education Qualification||Bachelor's degree from any Govt. recognized university/ institution|
|Minimum Percentage||60% aggregate marks in Bachelor's degree*|
|Age Limit||No age limit|
- Note: The minimum marks may differ from course to course.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Registration
Online Application window is open for registration from January 8, 2020 and the extended last date to fill the form with the late fee is February 15, 2020. For MBA, the last date to apply is on February 20, 2020. The last date to register for international candidates is April 30, 2020.
- Candidates have to register online by filling personal details such as Name, Phone number, Date of Birth and Email ID.
- After filling the registration form details a user ID and password will be sent to the registered Email ID and mobile number, using which the candidates have to log in and fill the academic details.
- Course Selection: A Candidate needs to choose the desired courses while filling the CUSAT CAT 2020 Application Form online.
- Upload Documents: While filling CUSAT CAT 2020 Application Form, candidates need to upload the scanned documents such as Signature, Photograph, Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates should make sure that scanned documents should be in ".jpg" or ".jpeg" format.
- Payment Structure: The application fee can be paid only through online mode using the payment gateway.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Application Fee:
- The category-wise application fee is given below:
|International Candidates||USD 100|
|NRI Candidates||INR 6000/-|
CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card
Steps to download CUSAT 2020 Admit Card:
- Step 1: Visit the CUSAT CAT 2020 official website.
- Step 2: After visiting the website, click on the link “CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card Download”.
- Step 3: Enter your Registration Number and Date of Birth, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Step 4: Candidates will now be able to view their online admit card on the screen and download it to save it for offline use.
- Step 5: The downloaded CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card should be taken at least 2 colour-print outs to carry it to the exam centre.
The CUSAT CAT 2020 admit card will be released a week or a few days before the commencement of the examination. Candidates must keep a thorough check on the updates for the same.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Centres
Along with the course, CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Centre is one of the options that the applicants have to choose while filling in the application form. Candidates should prefer an exam centre which is nearby and convenient for them. The facility to change the exam center as per the convenience of the candidate was opened on June 1, 2020.
- Changes: It must be noted that any request for a change in CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Centre after the submission of the application form will not be accepted.
- ID Proof: Applicants must carry a valid ID proof along with the Admit Card for identity verification. Entry to the exam hall without ID proof is strictly prohibited.
- Venue: Details of the examination timings and the venue will be clearly mentioned on the CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The examination will be organized through online mode (computer-based). To prepare for this examination, candidates must go through the complete details about the CUSAT CAT 2020 exam pattern given below.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam will be conducted in online mode i.e Computer-based test (CBT). CUSAT 2020 questions will be in objective format i.e. multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with 4 choices with one correct answer. For B.Tech, the exam is divided into two parts i.e Paper 1 and Paper 2:
- Paper 1: Mathematics
- Paper 2: Chemistry and Physics
B.Tech paper will consist of 125 questions, each carrying 3 marks. Thus, total marks of CUSAT 2020 are 750 marks. CUSAT 2020 papers have to be finished within 3 hours or 180 minutes.
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Marking Scheme||+3 mark for Correct Answers-1 Mark for Incorrect Answers|
|Total marks||Varies from course to course|
CUSAT 2020 Syllabus
Before appearing in the CUSAT 2020 Exam, candidates must have a better idea about the syllabus. In order to score good marks in the entrance exam, candidates can refer to the prescribed CUSAT 2020 Reference Book that will aid the preparation.
- Syllabus details: For UG courses, CUSAT 2020 Syllabus will be based on the Class XI and Class XII state board subjects.
- Subject-wise Important topics of CUSAT CAT - B. Tech syllabus is given below:
Sets, Relations and Functions
Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
Matrices and Determinants
Permutations and Combinations
Sequences and Series
Limit, Continuity and Differentiability
Three Dimensional Geometry
Statistics and Probability
Laws of Motion
Work, Energy, and Power
Properties of Solids and Liquids
Oscillations and Waves
Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Atoms and Nuclei
The States of Matter
Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
Block Elements (Alkali And Alkaline Earth Metals)
Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
Chemistry in everyday life
Gaseous and Liquid States
Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
Amino acids and Peptides
How to prepare for CUSAT CAT Exam?
Follow the tips and tricks given below to prepare for CUSAT CAT Exam -
- Know Your Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern - You must know the latest syllabus and exam pattern of CUSAT CAT 2020 before you start preparing for the entrance exam. Knowing your syllabus well in advance will help you to be aware of the important chapters/topics from which the questions will be asked in the entrance exam. Therefore, having detailed knowledge about the CUSAT CAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern is very much important for scoring well and to crack the exam.
- Solve Practice Papers and Previous Years Papers - The more you practice, the better you will perform in the exam. For an entrance exam like CUSAT CAT, make sure that you practice at least once a week. Try solving as many previous year question papers and practise papers as you can. And take up mock tests which will help you crack the exam. Collect sample papers or previous years’ question papers from reliable sources and solve them which will help you to prepare for the exam. It will really help you to boost your confidence. Mock tests are an important part of exam preparation. This will help the candidates in getting a clear idea of how the test-taking environment would be in the actual exam. Additionally, by practising mock tests, you will be able to understand and analyse the work on areas that you need to improve in.
- Prepare a Time-Table for yourself - Preparing a time table would help you create a proper strategy to prepare for the CUSAT CAT Exam and is the most crucial part of the exam preparation. Every day of exam preparation matters a lot. Students can divide their time equally for all the subjects. Devote more hours to subjects that you find difficult, while you can devote less time to easy topics/chapters. Include short breaks in your timetable. Take some time to relax so that you can start studying with a fresh mind.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Result
CUSAT CAT 2020 Results will be declared on the official website tentatively on August 5, 2020. In order to download the CUSAT CAT 2020 Result, candidates need to enter his/her name and registration number for login.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Answer Key will be released a week after the exam, tentatively during the 4th week of April 2020.
Steps to download CUSAT CAT 2020 Scorecard
- Log in to the official website of CUSAT at cusat.ac.in.
- Enter your roll number, date of birth and date of exam.
- The CUSAT CAT 2020 Results will be displayed along with course choice and rank.
- Download and keep a copy of it for further reference.
CUSAT CAT Reference Books
Important CUSAT CAT Reference Books are tabulated below.
|Inorganic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Organic Chemistry||Arihant Publications|
|Understanding Physics||D.C. Pandey|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal
& Non-Verbal Reasoning
|S. Chand Publication|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K.Pandey||BSC Publication|
|Verbal Reasoning||M.K.Pandey||BSC Publication|
|High School English Grammar & Composition||Wren and Martin||S.Chand Publication|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi||Arihant Publication|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations (5th Edition)||Hari MohanPrasad, Uma Rani Sinha||Mcgraw Hill Education|
Candidates will be able to check the CUSAT Results tentatively from August 5, 2020. After the result announcement, the CUSAT CAT Counselling 2020 will be started. It will be started probably from May 30, 2020.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Answer Key
The answer key is released a few days after the conduction of the exam. Follow the steps given below to check the CUSAT CAT 2020 Answer Key:
- Open the official website of the CUSAT CAT 2020.
- Candidates have to enter following details such as the candidate's Roll Number, Date of Birth, Date of Exam, Batch, and Security Code.
- After filling the necessary details, click on the “Submit” button.
- The answer key will be published on the computer screen in a pdf format.
- The candidates can then download the CUSAT Answer Key.
- Keep the printed copy of the answer key for further use.
How to raise Objections and Challenge the Answer Key?
The university provides the facility to raise objections and challenge the official answer key. Candidates have to challenge the answer key within the stipulated time period. After releasing the answer key, if the candidate is not satisfied with any question, they can make an objection by submitting the valid reason.
The University will provide the time period within which the candidate has to file their objections if they have any, with a valid explanation. After the given time period, no challenges will be accepted by the university.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Cut off
CUSAT CAT 2020 Cut off will be declared by the conducting authority, CUSAT on their official website which will be the basis for counselling procedure.
- There are certain parameters on which cut off depend as mentioned below:
- Number of candidates applying for the exam.
- Difficulty level of the examination,
- Number of vacant seats in different institutes.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling
CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling process is expected to start from August 5, 2020. Dates for the document verification, fee submission, and other formalities will be released after the declaration of results.
- Shortlisted candidates: Only the candidates who have successfully cleared the cut-off marks of CUSAT would get selected for the CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling. Candidates are allotted seats during the counselling process on the basis of their ranks.
- Candidates should keep the following points in mind while appearing for CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling:
- Candidates are required to register themselves at the counselling venue.
- Qualified candidates will be allotted to their preferred branches & colleges as per their rank in the merit list.
- Candidates should carry original documents as well as self-attested photocopies of it at the time of counselling.
- If the candidates fail to report at the allotted institute as per the mentioned date, their seat shall be cancelled.
Courses Offered through CUSAT CAT
CUSAT offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. CUSAT also offers Dual Degree Programmes and lateral entry to various B.Tech courses. The list of courses offered are listed in the table below -
|Course Type||Course Name||Duration|
|Undergraduate Courses||B.Tech||4 years|
|BBA LL.B.||5 years|
|B.Com LL.B||5 years|
|Postgraduate Courses||M.Sc Photonics||2 years|
|M.Sc Computer Science||2 years|
|M.Sc Marine||2 years|
|MCA/ MCA (Lateral Entry )||1 year|
|M Voc in Technology and Management Consulting||2 years|
|M.Sc Integrated Programme
|M.Tech Marine Genomics||2 years|
|B.Voc Business Process and Data Analytics||2 years|
|M.Sc Microbiology||2 years|
CUSAT CAT Participating Colleges
The candidates who have managed to clear the CUSAT CAT Exam can get into the list of colleges mentioned in the table below-
|1||M.G. College of Engineering, Thrikkanamangalam, Thiruvallam, Thiruvananthapuram|
|2||Institutions under Southern Naval Command Head Quarters, Kochi (SNCHQ)|
|3||College of Engineering, Thrikkaripur, Cheemeni.P.O., Kasargod|
|4||Central Institute of Fisheries, Nautical & Engineering Training (CIFNET), Kochi|
|5||Sarabhai Institute of Science and Technology, Vellanada, Thiruvananthapuram|
|6||Co-operative Institute of Technology, Palayanada P.O., Vadakara, Kozhikode|
|7||College of Engineering, Kuriottumala, Piravanthoor, Pathanapuram, Kollam|
|8||T.K.M. Institute of Technology, Karuvelil, Musaliar Hills, Ezhukone, Kollam|
|9||College of Engineering, Pallipuram, Cherthala, Allapuzha|
|10||College of Engineering, Govt. ITI Campus, Attingal, Thiruvananthapuram|
|11||K.V.M. College of Engineering and Information Technology, Alleppey|
|12||College of Engineering, Kidangoor, Kottayam|
|13||Toc-H Institute of Science and Technology, Arakunnam.P.O., Kochi|
|14||College of Engineering, Poonjar, Thekkekkara.P.O., Kottayam|
|15||College of Engineering, Chengannoor, Alappuzha|
|16||College of Engineering, Perumon, Perinad.P.O., Kollam|
|17||Model Engineering College, BMC P.O., Thrikkakkara, Kochi|
|18||College of Engineering, Kallooppara, Pathanamthitta|
|19||College of Engineering, Karunagapally, Kollam|
|20||College of Engineering, Adoor, Pathanamthitta|
|21||College of Engineering, Kottarakkara, Kollam|
|22||College of Engineering, Thalassery, Kannur|
|23||College of Engineering, Munnar, Idukki|
|24||School of Engineering, CUSAT|
|25||Cochin University College of Engineering Kuttanad, Alappuzha|
|26||Conspi Academy of Management Studies, Planakalamukku|
|27||Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Kerala|
|28||ER & DCI Institute of Technology, Thiruvananthapuram|
|29||College of Engineering Vatakara, Kozhikode|
CUSAT CAT 2020 Contact Details
Candidates can use the below information in case of any query regarding admissions:
- Address: The Director, Cochin University, Post Kochi, Pincode - 682022, Kerala, India.
- Phone Number: +91-484-2577159, 2577100
- Fax Number: 0484-2577688
- Website: cusat.ac.in.
- Email ID: [email protected]