CAT 2021 admit card will be released on the official website on Oct 27, 2021. The candidates can log in to download the IIM CAT admit card. The hall ticket is an important document from the exam point of view as no candidate will be allowed to sit for the CAT exam without the hall ticket. Therefore, the candidates are advised to download the admit card and verify all the details carefully. All the information related to the IIM CAT admit card, like the steps to download, valid ID proofs to be carried along with the admit card, and the problems the applicants might face while downloading the admit card, are discussed on the page.
Scroll down to find the direct link to download the CAT exam admit card.
- CAT Admit Card 2021 Important Dates
- How to Download CAT Admit Card 2021?
- CAT 2021 Admit Card Sample
- Details Present on CAT Admit Card 2021
- Discrepancies in CAT 2021 Admit Card
- Problems in Downloading CAT Admit Card 2021
- Important Points to Remember About CAT Admit Card 2021
- Documents to be Carried Along with CAT 2021 Admit Card
- CAT Exam Timings
- COVID-19 Guidelines for CAT 2021
- Complete Schedule of CAT 2021 Exam
- CAT Helpdesk
CAT Admit Card 2021 Important Dates
As specified earlier, the CAT hall ticket download is an online process. The registered candidates will be able to download the hall ticket from the official website. The CAT admit card download window will be open till the exam day, i.e. Nov 28, 2021. Candidates can refer to the table given below which provides the important dates related to the admit card.
|CAT Admit Card Release Date||Oct 27, 2021 (5:00 PM)|
|CAT 2021 Exam||Nov 28, 2021|
How to Download CAT Admit Card 2021?
The CAT admit card download is an online process and the candidates have to visit the official website in order to download CAT admit card. Candidates can follow the detailed steps given below to download the CAT hall ticket. Any kind of tampering with the admit card will not be entertained. Without a valid admit card the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled.
Step 1: Login to CAT 2021 official website www.iimcat.ac.in
Step 2: Click on the “Registered Candidate Login” button.
Step 3: Enter the login id and password which you have received in your registered email or phone number.
Step 4: Click on the Login button.
Step 5: Now you will be redirected to your candidate profile.
Step 6: Click on the “Download CAT Admit Card 2021” button.
Step 7: Save CAT admit card 2021 and do not forget to take the printout on a clear and legible sheet.
Recommended Web Browsers to Download the Admit Card 2021
The following web browsers are recommended to download the admit card.
|Mozilla Firefox||version 56 to 61|
|Google Chrome||version 59 to 69|
|Internet Explorer||version 11 or above|
CAT 2021 Admit Card Sample
A sample admit card is provided below to help candidates know the details mentioned in the original admit card and also understand how important it is to fill all the details in the application form correctly. The details entered in the application form will be reflected on the CAT hall ticket. Any discrepancies in the admit card will lead to the cancellation of the candidature.
Details Present on the CAT Admit Card 2021
Candidates can download the admit card only from the official website. The following details will be available on the IIM CAT 2021 admit card. All aspirants must check all these details and report to the concerned authority or helpdesk if any errors are present.
- Candidate's Name
- Exam Date
- Candidates' Date of Birth
- Exam Time (Forenoon, Afternoon or Evening Session)
- Exam Centre address
- User ID No./Registration Number
- System Password
- PWD/DA status
- Important Instructions
- Candidate's Signature
- Candidates must take a Valid Id proof along with the admit card. Id Proofs like the Driving License/Voters ID/ Aadhar Card/Passport/Pan Card will be accepted.
- The exam date and venue will be available on the CAT 2021 admit card.
- The result date will not be present on the admit card. Candidates have to visit the official website to get details about the results.
- Candidates must take the CAT admit card 2021 and valid id proof to the exam hall without which he/she will not be allowed to attempt the exam.
- The admit card will have a few important instructions to be followed by the candidates in the examination hall.
- Candidates can download CAT hall tickets from the official website only. It will not be sent individually to the candidates by post.
- Candidates must reach the exam center mentioned on the admit card within the specified time. Late entrants will not be entertained.
Google Map Link on CAT Admit Card 2021
The conducting authority will provide a google map link in the admit card to enable candidates to find the precise location of the exam center. Candidates can open that link and pin the location on their mobile phones. On the CAT 2021 exam day, candidates can utilize the directions provided by Google Maps to reach the CAT exam center within the specified reporting time of the allotted session. Candidates who arrive after the reporting time will not be allowed to attempt the exam.
Discrepancies in CAT 2021 Admit Card
Candidates are requested to check the admit card to ensure that all the information on it is right to the point of spelling. If any discrepancies are found in the admit card, candidates must immediately contact the concerned authority and get it corrected. The errors are to be rectified at the earliest to avoid any kind of unnecessary issue on the day of the exam.
Candidates must note that any digital/photocopy of the CAT admit card 2021 will not be accepted in the exam centre on the day of the exam. Candidates must download the admit card, take a printout of it on an A4 sheet, and affix a passport-sized photo (identical to the one uploaded in the application form).
Candidates can contact the concerned authorities in the following cases:
- If the name of the candidate is misspelled on the admit card.
- If the candidate's PWD/DA status is wrong on the hall ticket.
- If the candidates are allotted a test city different from the chosen place while filling the application form.
- If the candidate's photograph is not visible on the admit card.
Problems in Downloading the CAT Admit Card 2021
Candidates might face issues when they try to download the CAT hall ticket. We have listed a few common errors faced during the hall ticket download. We have also curated a list of possible solutions that the candidates can follow in order to resolve those issues and successfully download the admit card.
Forgot CAT Username or Password
The candidate needs to log in to the official website in order to be able to download the admit card. If the candidate has forgotten their username or password, they should check the email or SMS received after the successful registration. If the candidate has lost the Email or the SMS received, they are requested to follow the steps given below to retrieve them.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of CAT 2021.
- Step 2: In the login window click on the 'Get username/password' option.
- Step 3: Enter the registered email id in the space provided.
- Step 4: Check the registered email id for a new email.
- Step 5: Re-login using the credentials provided in the email.
- Step 6: Download CAT Admit Card.
Browser Related Problems
The conducting authority suggests that the candidates must use the following browsers Google Chrome (Version 50 to 69), Mozilla Firefox (Version 50 to 61), Internet Explorer (Version 11 and above) to download admit card. If there's any issue while doing the same, the candidates are requested to clear the cache and refresh the page before downloading the CAT 2021 admit card.
Internet Connection Issue
Sometimes candidates will not be able to download the CAT 2021 admit card due to poor internet connectivity as well. Hence candidates are requested to check their Internet Connectivity before downloading the admit card. Candidates can restart their wifi router or internet connection and refresh the page before retrying. Candidates are requested to keep a copy of the admit card in a pen drive or on an email and then take a printout.
Important Points to Remember About CAT 2021 Admit Card
The key points to remember with respect to the CAT hall ticket are explained below. The aspirants are advised to carefully go through the details.
- Admission not Assured: The admit card download does not assure an aspirant admission into any of the colleges. Only those candidates who clear the cut off will be eligible for admissions.
- Clear and Legible: After taking a printout of the admit card, make sure the details are clear and legible. The photograph that is fixed on the admit card should be the same as the one uploaded in the CAT 2021 Application Form.
- Cancellation of Admit Card: Plagiarizing, forging, or tampering with the hall ticket 2021 will lead to disqualification. The candidate will no longer be allowed to appear for CAT 2021 if they are found to be indulging in such malpractices.
- Forgot Credentials: If a candidate forgets his/her credentials used to access the admit card, he or she can click on forgot password to retrieve the credentials. The details will be sent to the registered mail id by the exam authority.
- Preserve the Admit Card Until the Admission Process Concludes: The candidates should not dispose of their CAT hall tickets 2021 after the test concludes. The document must be preserved, as it may be required in the later stages of admission.
Documents to be Carried Along with the CAT Admit Card 2021
Candidates must carry any one of the following documents along with a valid admit card to the exam centre.
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- A photo ID that has been issued by the current employer of the company or college where the candidate is either working or studying.
CAT 2021 Exam Timings
Information regarding the CAT Exam Schedule is provided below. The admit card for the CAT exam will be different for the morning, afternoon, and evening sessions. Candidates are allowed to attend any one of the sessions. Candidates must ensure that they reach the exam centre along with the CAT Admit Card 2021 at the specified reporting time of that particular session.
|CAT 2021 Session||Reporting Time||Timings|
|Session 1 - Morning||7.00 AM||8.30 AM - 10.30 PM|
|Session 2 - Afternoon||11.00 AM||12.30 PM - 2.30 PM|
|Session 3 - Evening||3.00 PM||4.30 PM - 6.30 PM|
Note: The above timings are tentative and based on past year trends.
CAT 2021 Exam Centre Instructions: Dos and Don'ts
On the day of the exam, the candidates will be frisked and checked before entering the CAT exam centre 2021. Other dos and don'ts of the CAT exam centre are listed below.
- You should carry two copies of the CAT 2021 admit card, an ID proof (in original), and a pen to the exam centre.
- Candidates need to produce the original copy of the admit card to enter the exam centre.
- Candidates are advised to follow the instructions given by the organizers and cooperate in the identification process and frisking at the entry gate.
- Visit the exam centre a day prior, to avoid been lost at the last moment.
- It is advisable to use the Reference Number printed on the admit card to locate the exam hall.
- The candidates should not carry any electronic items to the exam centre.
- Test centre gates close 15 minutes prior to the exam commencement, thus it is advisable to not get late for the exam.
- It is also advisable for the candidates to not argue with test centre staff or other fellow candidates. Unpleasant and unruly behavior may invite disqualification.
- The candidates should not use the keyboard at any point of time during the exam, or your system will automatically get locked.
COVID-19 Guidelines for CAT 2021
Keeping in mind the COVID-19 outbreak, the exam conducting authority will mention safety guidelines on the CAT 2021 admit card. All the aspirants are requested to adhere to the guidelines issued by the authorities. The highlights of the COVID-19 guidelines for CAT 2021 are given below.
On the day of the examination, all applicants must download and fill out the CAT admit card 2021 and present the self-declaration form. Candidates who arrive at the testing centre without a self-declaration form will be sent away.
Candidates are encouraged to maintain social distance while taking the CAT 2021 exam in the test facility and examination hall. Candidates must stand in line and adhere to the social distancing rules.
Candidates will be given sanitizers at appropriate intervals to clean their hands. Before each shift begins, the seating area, including the computer, webcam, keyboard, and mouse, will be thoroughly cleaned.
Wearing of Mask
The CAT 2021 exam requires candidates to wear a mask. Any candidate who arrives at the testing centre without a mask will not be permitted to take the exam.
Thermal Test of Temperature
A thermal cannon will be used to take the candidates' temperature as soon as they reach the testing centre. The candidate will not be allowed to take the CAT 2021 exam if the temperature is too high. Fever, cough, and a runny nose should be treated in a private room/place with proper safety precautions.
Carrying of Hand Sanitiser and Water Bottle
The candidates must carry their own small transparent water bottle and a 50 mL bottle of hand sanitizer.
Complete Schedule of CAT 2021 Exam
As per last year’s trends, we are providing a comprehensive schedule of the CAT exam. This will help the candidates to navigate through the exam day without any stress. Kindly note that the schedule given below is for the year 2020 and is only for reference purposes.
|Arrive at the test centre||Gate closes 15 minutes before test start time.|
|Locate your test lab number||1-5 minutes||The candidate checks the location of the exam lab from the barcode desk.|
|Scrutiny of admit card||1-5 minutes||First scrutiny of the documents was done at the gate entrance.|
|Deposit the personal belongings (phone/ mobile, bag, etc.)||1-10 minutes||Candidates deposit their personal belongings at the gate entrance.|
|The agility of the candidates||3-5 minutes||Appointed security personnel for quick candidates.|
|Document (ID card and admit card) checking at the entry of test lab||1-10 minutes||Document verification is done.|
|Candidates reach their test lab||1-10 minutes||The candidate reaches the test lab.|
|Candidates go to the registration desk and sign (manual) on the CAT attendance sheet||1-5 minutes||Candidate sign on the attendance sheet at the registration desk.|
|Registration Process||1-10 minutes||Candidate IRIS and photograph captured as per process.|
|Candidates check their photo at the registration terminal and make sure it is their photo.||1-5 minutes||The candidate checks the registered photo at the registration terminal.|
|Students receive the scribble pad from the invigilator and sit at the terminal||1-5 minutes||Students check the allotted Console in the CAT exam lab collects a writing pad from the invigilator|
|Login to test screen||1-5 minutes||Candidates complete the first login.|
|Verify & confirm the profile details||1-5 minutes||Candidate verifies the profile information filled by him/her during CAT 2020 registration.|
|Read & agree to the declaration||1-5 minutes||Read all the instructions given for the candidate examination and click on "Accept".|
|CAT 2021 exam starts||120 minutes||Exam starts|
|Test concludes & students share the feedback||1-5 minutes||After 120 minutes. When the CAT exam is complete the feedback page will be displayed on the screen. The candidate shares his opinion.|
|Return scribble pad||1-5 minutes||Students return the writing pad to the Invigilator.|
|Exit the test lab and collect the deposited belongings||1-5 minutes||Students exit the test lab and collect belongings (if any)|
|Exit the CAT test centre||Students leave the test Center.|
CAT Admit Card Helpdesk
The conducting authority provides helpline information to help candidates resolve any issue related to the CAT hall ticket. Candidates can utilize the helpdesk details provided below to address any queries or issues related to the CAT 2021 Admit Card. Candidates can either call the number provided or write an email to resolve any issues.
- Helpline Number: 1800-2090-830
- Email Id: [email protected]