- The exam date is fast approaching, i.e; November 29, 2020, if you have not downloaded the admit card yet, you can still do so. Make sure to be prepared with all supporting documents to enter your exam centre for the CAT 2020 Exam.
- October 28, 2020: The CAT 2020 admit card is released for candidates who had successfully completed their registrations. Download the admit card by logging in with your credentials.
The CAT 2020 Admit Card was released on October 28, 2020, on the official website. CAT 2020 exam will be conducted by IIM Indore. Candidates need to enter their Enrollment ID and Password to download the admit card. All the information related to the CAT 2020 admit card like the steps to download, valid Id proofs to be carried along with the admit card, and the errors while downloading the admit card are discussed on the page.
- How to Download CAT Admit Card 2020?
- CAT 2020 Admit Card Sample
- CAT 2020 Admit Card Important Dates
- Details Present on CAT Admit Card 2020
- Discrepancies in CAT 2020 Admit Card
- Errors while downloading CAT Admit Card 2020
- Important Points to Remember about CAT Admit Card 2020
- Covid 19 guidelines to CAT 2020 Aspirants
- Documents to be carried along with CAT 2020 Admit Card
How to Download CAT Admit Card 2020?
CAT Admit Card 2020 will only be available online on the official website at iimcat.ac.in. Candidates can follow the detailed steps given below to download CAT hall ticket. Any kind of tampering with the admit card will not be entertained. Without a valid admit card the candidature of the candidate will be canceled for the CAT exam.
Step 1: Login to CAT 2020 official website www.iimcat.ac.in
Step 2: Click on the “Registered Candidate Login” button.
Step 3: Enter the CAT 2020 login id and password which you have received in your registered email or phone number.
Step 4: Click on the Login button.
- Go to log in: Now you will be redirected to your CAT candidate profile.
- Download: Click on the “Download CAT Admit Card 2020” button.
- Save for future: Save CAT Admit Card 2020 and do not forget to take the print out on a clear and legible sheet.
Only those candidates who have successfully registered will be able to download the admit card from the direct link provided below.
CAT 2020 Admit Card Sample
A sample CAT 2020 admit card is provided below to help candidates know the details mentioned in the original admit card and also understand how important it is to fill all the details in the application form correctly. The details entered in the application form will be reflected on the CAT 2020 hall ticket. Any discrepancies in the admit card will lead to the cancellation of the candidature.
CAT 2020 Admit Card Important Dates
The CAT admit card download window is open from October 28, 2020, and registered candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website until the day of the exam. Candidates can refer to the table given below which provides the important dates related to the admit card.
|CAT Admit Card Release Date||October 28, 2020|
|CAT 2020 Exam||November 29, 2020|
Details Present on the CAT Admit Card 2020
Candidates can download CAT 2020 admit card only from the official website. The following details will be available on the IIM CAT 2020 Admit Card. All aspirants must check all these details and report to the concerned authority or helpdesk if any errors are present.
- Candidate's Name
- Exam Date
- Candidates' Date of Birth
- Exam Time (Forenoon or Afternoon Session)
- Exam Centre address
- User ID No./Registration Number
- System Password
- PWD/DA status
- Important Instructions
- Candidate's Signature
- Candidates must take a Valid Id proof along with the CAT 2020 Admit Card. Id Proofs like the Driving License/Voters ID/ Aadhar Card/Passport/Pan Card will be accepted.
- The exam date and venue will be available on the CAT2020 admit card. Result Date will not be present on the admitcard. Candidates have to visit the official website to get details about the results.
- Candidates must take the CAT Admit card 2020 and valid id proof to the exam hall without which he/she will not be allowed to attempt the exam.
- CAT admit card will have a few important instructions to be followed by the candidates in the examination hall.
- Candidates can download CAT hall ticket from the official website only. It will not be sent individually to the candidates by post.
- Candidates must reach the exam center mentioned on the admit card within the specified time. Late entrants will not be entertained.
Google Map Link in CAT Admit Card 2020
The conducting authority will provide a google map link in the CAT admit card to enable candidates to find the exact location of the exam center. Candidates can open that link and pin the location on their mobile phones. On the CAT 2020 exam day, candidates can utilize the directions provided by Google Maps to reach the CAT Exam Center within the specified reporting time of the allotted session. Candidates who arrive after the reporting time will not be allowed to attempt the CAT 2020 exam.
Discrepancies in CAT Admit Card 2020
Candidates are requested to check the admit card to ensure that all the information on it is right to the point of spelling. If any discrepancies are found in the CAT admit card 2020, candidates must immediately contact the concerned authority and get it corrected. The errors are to be rectified at the earliest to avoid any kind of unnecessary issue on the day of the exam.
Candidates must note that any digital/photocopy of the CAT Admit card 2020 will not be accepted in the exam center on the day of the exam. Candidates must download the admit card and take a print out of it on an A4 sheet and affix a passport size photo (identical to the one uploaded in the application form).
Candidates can contact the concerned authorities in the following cases:
- If the name of the candidate is misspelled in the CAT Admit Card.
- If the candidate's PWD/DA status is wrong on the CAT Admit Card
- If the candidates are allotted with a CAT test city different from the chosen place while filling the CAT 2020 Application Form.
- If the candidate's photograph is not visible on the admit card.
Errors while Downloading CAT Admit Card 2020
Candidates might face issues when they try to download CAT Hall ticket. We have listed a few common errors faced during the CAT hall ticket download. We have also curated a list of possible solutions that the candidates can follow in order to resolve those issues and successfully download CAT admit card.
Forgot CAT Username or Password
Candidate needs to login on the official website in order to be able to download CAT Admit card. If the candidate has forgotten their CAT username or password then they should check the Email or SMS received after the successful registration. If the candidate has lost the Email or the SMS which was received then they are requested to follow the steps given below to retrieve them.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of CAT 2020.
- Step 2: In the login window click on the 'Get username/password' option.
- Step 3: Enter the registered email id in the space provided.
- Step 4: Check the registered email id for new email.
- Step 5: Re-login using the credentials provided in the email.
- Step 6: Download CAT Admit Card.
Browser Related Problems
The conducting authority suggests that the candidates must use the following browsers Google Chrome (Version 50 to 69), Mozilla Firefox (Version 50 to 61), Internet Explorer (Version 11 and above) to download CAT 2020 admit card. If there's any issue while doing the same, then the candidates are requested to clear the cache and refresh the page before trying to download the CAT 2020 admit card.
Internet Connection Issue
Sometimes candidates will not be able to download the CAT 2020 admit card due to poor internet connectivity as well. Hence candidates are requested to check their Internet Connectivity before downloading the admit card. Candidates can restart their wifi router or internet connection and refresh the page before retrying. Candidates are requested to keep a copy of the CAT 2020 admit card in a pen drive or on an email and then take a print out.
Important Points to Remember about CAT 2020 Admit Card
- Admit card availability: CAT Admit Card is available from October 28, 2020 until the day of the exam. Candidates are requested not to wait till the last minute to download the admit card.
- Admission not Assured: The download of the CAT 2020 Admit Card does not assure an aspirant admission into any of the colleges. Only those candidates who clear the CAT Cutoff will be eligible for admissions.
- Clear and Legible: After taking a printout of the admit card, make sure the details are clear and legible. The photograph that is fixed on the admit card should be the same as the one uploaded in the CAT 2020 Application Form.
- Cancellation of admit card: IIMs are very strict when it comes to tampering with the CAT 2020 Admit Card and it is no way tolerated. If done, it will lead to the cancellation of the candidate's actual CAT Admit Card and also the candidate will be disqualified.
- Malpractice: Plagiarization of the CAT Admit Card is a serious offence and will not be tolerated. This will lead to the cancellation of the candidate's actual CAT 2020 Admit Card and also the candidature of the candidate.
- Forgot Credentials: If a candidate happens to forget his/her credentials which are used to access CAT Admit Card 2020 then he or she can click on forgot password to retrieve the credentials. The details will be sent to the registered mail id by the exam authority.
- Admit Card Necessity: Candidates have to keep their CAT 2020 admit card safe until the completion of the admission process.
Covid 19 Guidelines to CAT 2020 Aspirants
The conducting authority has rolled out a few important instructions to be followed by the CAT Aspirants in the exam hall or the exam premises in the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic situation.
- Social distancing has to be followed strictly from the entry to the CAT 2020 Exam Center till the exit.
- At the entry point, the temperature of the candidate will be checked using a thermal gun.
- Proper sanitization will be facilitated at the registration desk. Candidates' photographs will be captured during the registration process at the exam center.
- Candidates must note that they should report to the CAT exam center along with the CAT Admit card as per the reporting time of the respected session mentioned in the CAT Admit card. Timings will be intimated to candidates individually through the contact number provided at the time of CAT 2020 Registration.
- A declaration form has to be duly signed by the candidates after entering details about health and travel at the entry point of the exam center and it should be submitted to the staff.
- Candidates must wear a mask, gloves and use hand sanitizer.
- Candidates are allowed to bring CAT exam admit card and a valid Id proof along with a transparent water bottle, and 2 ballpoint pens.
- Candidates who have symptoms of fever/cough/cold will be made to attend the CAT 2020 exam in an Isolation room where all the necessary safety measures will be taken care of.
- Candidates must follow the instructions mentioned in the CAT Admit Card 2020 along with the instructions provided by the representatives at the test center.
- Mapping of the Application number with the Lab number will not be provided on the CAT Admit Card 2020 or in front of the exam hall. It will be provided individually to the candidates at the entry point after the CAT Admit Card 2020 and Photo Id proof is verified.
- The entire CAT 2020 Exam Center will be under CCTV surveillance.
Documents to be carried along with the CAT Admit Card 2020
Candidates must carry any one of the following documents along with a valid CAT admit card 2020 to the exam center.
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- A photo ID that has been issued by the current employer of the company or college where the candidate is either working or studying.
CAT 2020 Exam Timings
Information regarding the CAT Exam Schedule is provided below. The admit card for the CAT exam will be different for the morning, afternoon, and evening sessions. Candidates are allowed to attend any one of the sessions. Candidates must ensure that they reach the exam center along with the CAT Admit Card 2020 at the specified reporting time of that particular session.
|CAT 2020 Session||Reporting Time||Timings|
|Session 1 - Morning||7.00 AM||8.30 AM - 10.30 PM|
|Session 2 - Afternoon||11.00 AM||12.30 PM - 2.30 PM|
|Session 3 - Evening||3.00 PM||4.30 PM - 6.30 PM|
CAT Admit Card Helpdesk
The conducting authority provides helpline information to help candidates resolve any issue related to the CAT hall ticket. Candidates can utilize the helpdesk details provided below to address any queries or issues related to the CAT 2020 Admit Card. Candidates can either call the number provided or write an email to resolve any issues.
- Helpline Number: 1800-2090-830
- Email Id: [email protected]