The answer key for CAT 2021 will be uploaded on the official website for all candidates to tally their responses. The conducting authorities will also release each candidate's response sheet and the provisional CAT 2021 answer key. Candidates will be able to download the documents as a PDF file and calculate their approximate scores. In addition to that, if they come across any answers marked correct in the answer key, which is actually incorrect in their opinion, they can also object against that particular response. Once all the grievances are received and verified, the final answer key for CAT 2021 will be released.
Go through the contents of this page for more details on the CAT exam answer key.
CAT 2021 Answer Key Important Dates
The first or provisional answer key is generally released in less than 10 days after the date of the exam. The key dates associated with the release of the IIM CAT 2021 answer key are tabulated below.
|CAT 2021 Exam Date||Nov 28, 2021|
|Provisional Answer Key Release Date||To be announced|
|Window to raise objections||To be announced|
|Final Answer Key Release Date||To be announced|
|Result Date||To be announced|
Steps to Download the CAT Answer Key 2021
The candidates must download the CAT 2021 answer key for their slot from the official website on the day of its release. The answer key is customized for every candidate, as it shows the candidate's responses along with the correct answers. The steps to download the answer key are given below for your convenience.
- Step 1: Go to the official website for CAT, i.e., www.iimcat.ac.in
- Step 2: Find the login tab for candidates and click on it.
- Step 3: Enter your login credentials, i.e., the registration ID and password, and submit.
- Step 4: Find your slot.
- Step 5: Download the answer key by clicking on the link provided.
CAT Answer Key Sample
Take a look at the sample of the answer key to get more clarity.
Challenging the CAT 2021 Answer Key
The conducting authorities provide an easy way to challenge the CAT answer key 2021. The steps to challenge the answer key are outlined below.
- Step 1: Go to the official website, www.iimcat.ac.in
- Step 2: Click on the login tab for candidates.
- Step 3: Provide your login credentials, i.e., your user ID and your password.
- Step 4: Find and click on the 'Objection Form' tab on the page where the candidate's personal details are displayed.
- Step 5: Provide the question number, section, and type of objection. Candidates also have the option to write a remark in up to 500 words.
- Step 6: The candidates can click on '+' to add another objection against the CAT 2021 answer key.
Points to Keep in Mind While Raising Objections
- There's no limit on the number of objections a candidate can raise. It must be noted that the objection once submitted cannot be edited or canceled under any circumstance.
- The objection fee will not be refunded if the objection is not supported with proof.
- The objection fee will not be refunded if the objection raised is not valid.
No objections against the final CAT answer key 2021 will be entertained. If the candidates find any discrepancies, they must raise objections in the provided window only.
Transaction Fee For Raising Objection Against CAT Answer Key 2021
The candidates must be aware of the transaction fee for raising the objection fee against CAT Answer key 2021. Therefore, we have tabulated the same below. It must be noted that the following details as based on 2020 data. The 2021 data will be updated as and when the same is made available by the authorities.
|Mode of Transaction||Transaction Fee|
|Debit Card (Visa/ Master/ Rupay)||0.75% of the transacted amount for value up to INR 2000 & 1% for the value that is more than INR 2000.|
|Credit Card||1.20% for the value of the objection fee transaction|
|ATM-Cum-Debit Card||0.75% of the value for the transaction amount of value up to INR 2000 & 1% for value more than INR 2000.|
|Credit Card (Amex/ Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction|
|Cash Card or Wallet||1.75% of the value of transaction|
|Net Banking||INR 18 per transaction for HDFC, ICICI, AXIS & SBI and INR 15 for rest of bank|
How to Download the CAT Answer Key 2021 if Login Details are Forgotten?
The candidates can follow the steps given below in case they forget the Login credentials.
Step 1: As you are an already registered user, click on Registered Candidate Login
Step 2: Click on 'Forgot User ID/Password'.
Step 3: Enter the email ID used while registering for CAT 2021. The User ID will be sent in this mail. In case of a lost password, the reset link will be sent on this email ID, and you can reset the password.
Once you have successfully logged into CAT 2021, you can download the answer key by following the steps mentioned above on this page.
Contents of CAT 2021 Answer Key
To ensure transparency and fairness in the evaluation of the candidate's answer sheet, the conducting authorities release the answer key a few days after the exam. The answer key contains the following information.
- Name of the Candidate
- CAT Registration Number
- Date and Time of the Exam
- CAT Exam Centre Details
- Questions with Correct Answers
- Questions with Candidate's Answers
It must be noted that the answers marked in green are correct, whereas, the red color denotes incorrect answers on the CAT answer key 2021.
How to Calculate Marks Using the CAT 2021 Answer Key?
It is important to know the marking scheme first before sitting down to calculate one's score using the CAT answer key 2021.
CAT 2021 Marking Scheme
As per the new pattern, the number of questions is expected to decrease. The weightage given to each question, however, shall remain the same. The marking scheme is briefly discussed below:
|Correct Answers||+3 Marks||+3 Marks|
|Incorrect Answers||-1 Mark||No negative marking|
Steps to Calculate CAT 2021 Score Through Answer Key
It is advisable to rely on the CAT final answer key to match one's response sheet with, as there's a scope of change of some answers in the provisional answer key. The steps to calculate the score using the CAT 2021 answer key are given below:
- Three marks are awarded for one correct answer. Thus, if a candidate has answered 50 questions correctly, his score would be 50x3 marks or 150 marks.
- Every incorrect answer would lead to a deduction of 1 mark from the candidate's total score. Thus, candidates are advised to avoid guesstimation in the CAT exam.
- CAT Raw Score: Subtract the number of incorrectly answered questions from the marks calculated in the first step.
Changes in CAT Answer Key
If the conducting authorities accept the candidates' objections, they will also incorporate the necessary changes in the final CAT answer key. If the grievances are deemed null, no updates will be made to the final answer key.
CAT Previous Years Answer Keys
For a better understanding of all the aspirants who wish to know what the CAT 2021 Answer Key will look like, here are some answer keys from the past few years, given below for your reference:
CAT 2019 Answer Key
The CAT exam 2019 was conducted on November 24, 2019. The final answer key for the same was released in December 2019.
Other answer keys are given below for your reference.
CAT 2017 Answer Key.pdf
CAT 2018 Answer Key.pdf