To prepare for an exam, best books are the source as they enhance knowledge and provide insights about a topic. Preparing for a highly competitive exam like CAT 2021, aspirants often face plenty of problems. There is no dearth of books and resources, but to choose the right one, and preparing a strategy along with adequate practice is the key to success. The official website doesn't mention any preparation books for the CAT exam. To help candidates some of the best books for CAT preparation have been recommended. All must know the CAT 2021 exam schedule well before so that they can prepare based on the available time.
When it comes to the best books for CAT preparation 2021, there are some highly recommended authored material for beginner and advanced level preparations. Let us have a look at some of the best books cum study material available for different sections of the CAT 2021 exam. These will support you to have CAT section-wise preparation in the best possible way.
Best Books for CAT Quantitative Aptitute 2021
This section tests the problem-solving approach of the aspirants. With a high difficulty level, QA covers topics like Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Number System, Modern Mathematics, and other questions related to Higher Maths. The best CAT preparation books are:
|Author name||Book Cover Image||Features|
How To Prepare For Quantitative Ability For CAT
The Complete CAT Digest
How to Prepare for the CAT Common Admissions Test
Contains good questions to assess one's preparation
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
|Abhijit Guha||Useful for various other MBA exams|
CAT Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension Books 2021
This section basically tests the English language skills of the test takers. The question types are divided into two parts, Reading Comprehension and English Usage. The English Usage questions can be further classified into Vocabulary, Grammar and Verbal Reasoning. The best books for CAT preparation in Verbal Ability are:
|Author name||Book Cover Image||Features|
How To Prepare For the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension CAT
|Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay||Contains exercises, mock tests and interesting tips|
The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning
|Nishit K. Sinha||Contains solved CAT question papers|
Word Power Made Easy
|Norman Lewis.||Best book for mastering the subject|
CAT 2021 Books for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
The questions from this area are mainly in the form of cases. The test takers have to analyse the data given in various ways and answer the questions. The topics covered in this area are Data Arrangement, Seating Arrangement, Blood Relations, Bar Graph, Data Sufficiency etc. The CAT preparation books are listed below:
|Author name||Book Cover Image|
How To Prepare For Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning for CAT
Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning
Magazines for CAT 2021 GD and PI preparation
Having general awareness about the things happening in the industry is very important while attending an interview. If a candidate reads any of the following materials regularly then he or she will be able to crack the CAT GD-PI rounds 2021 quite easily.`
- Business Line by The Hindu Group
- Business World
- Business Today by India Today Group
- Business & Management Chronicle by Chronicle Publications
- Competition Success Review
- Management Compass Career Launcher
Recommended Newspapers for CAT 2021
Candidates are requested to go through reputed newspapers on a daily basis to gain knowledge about the lastest things. A list of top newspapers to help candidates with CAT preparation is provided below to help candidates choose from the best.
- The Indian Express
- The Statesman
- The Hindu
- Economics Times
CAT 2021 Preparation Tips
The CAT exam is just around the corner. With less than a month left for the CAT exam, time for in-depth study is gone. This section contains some useful tips and strategies for your last month preparation, to ensure that your time is utilized efficiently and effectively.
- Mock Tests: The aspirants must collect as CAT many mock tests as possible, and try to attempt them in 2 hours, since that's the duration given for CAT 2021.
- CAT Reference Books: To save your time, we have made a list of all the CAT Exam Books, which have the best content and questions to ensure that your preparation is top-notch. Trust us and invest these easily available CAT Preparation Books which are trusted by most of the aces who have cracked the CAT Exam.
- YouTube Tutorials: YouTube has various channels that deliver free lessons in form of pre-made videos to all CAT Aspirants. In times of pandemic, this is an efficient way to take free coaching classes from the comfort and safety of your home. Several YouTubers conduct live classes during which you can even ask your doubts.
- Pick a few questions from each section and solve them every day, such as at least 2-3 passages for English, 2 sets each for Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, etc.
- Don't forget to take breaks. Meditating, listening to music, cooking a snack, or giving your body some exercise are good break-time activities.
- Stay far away from the social media.
The top performers swear by the given tips for CAT Preparation:
Important Topics: Geometry, Polynomials, Mensuration, Inequalities, Logs
The aspirants must solve at least 6-7 questions covering each of the sub-topics, from the topics mentioned above.
Important Topics: Graphs and charts, Tournaments and Games, Triangles, Venn Diagrams, Scatter Diagrams, etc.
Every fourth day, the aspirants must solve 10 sets covering some of the prescribed topics. Go through the list of data interpretation for CAT books mentioned above. You'll find some great practice material.
Important Topics: Puzzles, cubes, binary logics, ranking, sequencing, arrangements, etc.
The candidates must solve 4 sets each day, from the given list of logical reasoning books for CAT.
Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability
- Solve three-four comprehensions from the given list of CAT reading comprehension books, and verbal ability books each day without fail.
- Develop a habit of reading newspapers for at least 45-60 minutes daily.
- The candidates can make productive use of their break time through this activity. But don't forget, exercise and rest is equally important.
Best Coaching Institutes for CAT 2021
Other than referring to the above-mentioned CAT preparation books, the candidates can also opt for the coaching institutes to guide them through their CAT preparation. Some recommended coaching centers are:
- Career Launcher