NMAT Exam is a competitive management exam for admission into NMIMS - Narsee Monjee Institute of Management of Studies, scheduled from November 4, 2020 to January 30, 2021. The registration process is unique and simple. NMAT Application is available on the official website from September 14, 2020 and the last day to fill the application form is November 20, 2020.
The main intent of the GMAC exam is to select the best students for a management program. In 2020, the NMAT exam is set with comfort for the candidate to give his best. Here the details about NMAT by GMAC rank predictor, syllabus, exam dates, required marks and registration steps for NMAT Exam login are provided below.
- September 14, 2020: The registration for the NMAT 2020 Exam is open now. Candidates can apply for the examination until November 20, 2020. Visit the NMAT 2020 Application Form section for more details.
- What is NMAT Exam?
- NMAT Courses Offered
- NMAT 2020 Exam Date
- NMAT 2020 Eligibility
- NMAT 2020 Registration
- NMAT 2020 Application Form
- NMAT 2020 Admit Card
- NMAT 2020 Syllabus
- NMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- NMAT 2020 Preparation
- NMAT 2020 Exam Centres
- NMAT 2020 Result
- NMAT 2020 Admission
- NMAT Accepting Colleges
- Contact Information
- Other Top MBA Exams
What is NMAT Exam?
NMAT full form is NMIMS Management Aptitude Test. It is a national level examination that opens the doors for admission into one of the best University NMIMS.
Some other leading colleges like Xavier University, Bhubaneswar, MISB Bocconi, Mumbai, ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations, Alliance University accept NMAT Score.
NMAT is conducted by GMAC™ which is a computer-administered test owned by the Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Private Limited (GMGC), a subsidiary of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
An interesting fact about NMAT is it is one of the easier exams compared to CAT, MAT, and CMAT.
|Exam Name||NMIMS Management Aptitude Test|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|Exam Date||November 4, 2020 to January 30, 2021|
|Conducting Body||Graduate Management Aptitude Council (GMAC)|
NMAT Courses offered
The NMAT 2020 Exam is taken up by the candidates in order to get into the NMIMS for a variety of courses that are being offered. Candidates can choose from a wide ranging courses in the NMIMS as mentioned below in the form of a table.
|Programs offered||No. of seats per program|
|MBA Human Resource||60|
|MBA Decision Science & Analytics (Dual Degree in MBA Decision Science & Analytics, SBM + MS Business Analytics & Information Management, Purdue University)||60|
|MBA in Pharmaceutical Management||120|
|PGDM - Bengaluru Campus||180|
|PGDM - Hyderabad||120|
|PGDM - Indore||60|
|PGDM - Navi Campus||60|
|PGDM - Business Analytics, Mumbai||60|
|PGDM in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Navi Mumbai||60|
Candidates should make sure to go through the list of the courses offered and make sure to fulfil the minimum requirements for acquiring seats in their desired course.
MBA / MBA HR Programme
Course Commencement (tentative) : To be announced
Closure of admission (last date of admission): To be announced
NMAT 2020 Exam Date
The NMAT 2020 Exam Date is scheduled to be conducted on November 4, 2020. The candidates who have applied for the exam and those applications that have been validated will be allowed to attend the exam.
- NMAT 2020 Application dates started in July.
- After the first set of applications is received until October, the conducting authority will reopen the window for reapplication.
- Candidates can keep a track of all the events and updates associated with the NMAT 2020 by regularly checking in to this page.
- The detailed information on the dates associated with the NMAT 2020 Exam is provided in the table below:
|Event||From Date||To Date|
|Registration Date||September 14, 2020||November 20, 2020|
|Exam Date||November 4, 2020||January 30, 2021|
|NMAT Results||February 15, 2021 (Tentative)|
Candidates must prepare well for the NMAT 2020 Exam accordingly and should be aware of the exam dates. Candidates should check in to this page regularly for further updates on the NMAT 2020 Exam dates and other associated events. The test window for NMAT 2020 is increased to 88 days from the usual 75-day test window that was followed for NMAT 2019.
NOTE: The NMAT score is announced within 48 hours of taking the test, but the overall aggregate result is declared after 15 days of the exam completion cycle.
Can we retake NMAT?
A candidate can attempt NMAT for a total of 3 times. But after the first attempt, he or she will have to wait for 15 days to retake the exam. Moreover one can reschedule NMAT if one cannot appear for the appointed time. Aspirants can reschedule NMAT within 72 hours of the previous appointment time.
NMAT 2020 Eligibility
Candidates are required to go through the NMAT 2020 Eligibility prior to applying for the examination. The application of those candidates who clear the Eligibility Criteria are shortlisted and selected. The detailed Eligibility information, with respect to each category, is provided below.
Domicile and Nationality
- The Candidates have to be a citizen of India.
- They must provide valid information and proof supporting the fact that they are a citizen and resident of the country.
- There is no age limit set by the exam authority. Candidates of all age categories can attempt this exam.
- Generally, the qualification for NMAT is classified as stated below.
- All candidates with a valid bachelor's degree will be eligible for NMAT.
- Graduates who have completed their degree without any standing backlogs will be considered eligible.
- Aspirants must have scored at least 50% of the total marks in their bachelor's programme.
- Candidates should make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria before applying for the NMAT 2020 exam.
- Be that as it may, candidates with a work experience of 2 to 3 years are generally preferred.
Furthermore, classification is available in the NMAT 2020 Eligibility section. Candidates may visit the page in order to learn more.
NMAT 2020 Registration
Candidates are required to go through the important information prior to registration. Certain details related to educational and personal information of the candidates will be necessary for the NMAT 2020 Registration. It is important for the candidates to go through the information prior to registration and they must also make sure to clear the eligibility criteria, failing to do so will result in the invalidity of the application and will not be considered for further procedures.
- Firstly one has to complete the process of registration in order to take up the NMAT 2020 exam.
- It can be done by visiting the official website and entering all the important and necessary information which includes a candidate's name, other personal details, and academic details.
- Only after the completion of the payment process will the candidate be considered to have registered and the seat is allotted accordingly.
- The next step in the process is choosing the b-schools to which the candidate wishes to send the scores.
- Then it is followed by fee payment. After this one can download the admit card.
- The candidates are asked to follow the application process for NMAT to clear all the confusion while filling the application form.
NMAT 2020 Application Form
The NMAT 2020 Application Form will be available for the candidates in the official website of GMAC. Candidates must go through the information and instructions before filling up the application form. It is required that the candidates check if they clear the Eligibility criteria, otherwise their application form will not be valid. It is also important for the candidates to submit certain documents and proofs at the time of filling up the application form of the NMAT 2020 Exam. The documents required are mentioned below
Documents Required for NMAT 2020 Exam
The documents required for the application process of the NMAT 2020 Exam are:
- Aadhar Card Number and proof
- Birth Certificate
- ID proof
- Caste category certificate
- Class X certificate
- Class XII certificate
- Additional academic qualification certificate
How to apply for NMAT 2020?
- Visit the official website of the NMAT.
- Click on the "Register" Tab.
- Create a new account with a valid Email ID on the portal if you are a new user.
- Provide your contact information, personal information, education and work experience, the ID that you will use for identification purpose on the day of the exam, and a list of programs that you wish to send your scores to.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of registering for the exam.
- Make sure that your name and date of birth matches with your ID Card.
- Select the schools that you wish to send your scores to, under the "Schools Preference" section. A total of 5 programs are included in your registration fee and an additional INR 200 + taxes will be applicable for each program that you apply for after the first 5.
- Upload a scanned copy of your photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned in the portal.
- Select the mode of examination of your choice, whether you want to take it in your home or at a test centre.
- Pay the respective fee for examination/registration.
- Once your payment is completed and realized by the authority, the "Schedule Exam" option will be activated in your dashboard so that you can schedule your exam slot.
Note: You can book any slot after 24 hours from the time of booking your examination. Visit the NMAT 2020 Application Form section, for more information.
NMAT 2020 Admit Card
NMAT 2020 Admit Card can be downloaded by the candidate by using the personal NMAT by GMAC™ login account. In addition to the admit card one has to bring the confirmation mail as a proof or candidates can also opt to take a printout of the same. Moreover, they have to produce an original document for photo id and signature id verification process. After registration, one must download the admit card and bring the same to the exam hall. It will be signed by a designated officer. During admission, some b-schools will demand the NMAT Admit Card, and hence it is necessary to keep it safe. More information about the admit card of the NMAT 2020 is available on the NMAT 2020 Admit Card Page.
How to download the NMAT 2020 Admit Card
The steps involved in the NMAT 2020 Admit Card download are stated below.
- Visit the official website of the GMAC
- Click on the Admit Card Tab
- Enter the required credentials including the ID number and the password
- Click on the download tab and download the admit card
NMAT 2020 Syllabus
The NMAT 2020 Syllabus is very essential for the candidates to know the overview of the topics and subjects for the NMAT 2020 Exam. Knowing the syllabus well helps the candidates to understand the distribution of questions and topics subject-wise and also enables them to remember the answers after preparation.
- GMAC has updated the syllabus of NMAT and it has three major sections they are the English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
- PDF of the syllabus for NMAT has been attached to the syllabus section.
- Candidates are required to go through the Syllabus for the NMAT 2020 in order to prepare for the same.
The syllabus of the NMAT 2020 is elaborated for all the subjects below.
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Modern Math
- Data Interpretation
- Verbal Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning
What makes NMAT easier than CAT?
Preparing for MBA exams becomes very tiresome and hard if one is not strong with the basics. However, along with this, a candidate has to face some more challenges that include competition and difficulty of the exam paper. Any aspirant would have to face both of the above-mentioned challenges in the CAT exam.
While in NMAT Exam the competition drops down considerably. Every year a little over 90,000 candidates appear for NMAT. And the difficulty of the paper is also relatively less.
The 75 day window period that NMAT offers candidates also makes this exam exclusive. To know more about it read on. Take a closer look at other MBA Exams and compare them before deciding to take NMAT. An elaborate analysis is provided in the syllabus section.
NMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The NMAT 2020 Exam Pattern is set by its organizing body, which is the NMIMS. Candidates should go through the exam pattern well prior to starting the preparation for the exam. This way they will be able to understand the types of questions that are being asked in the exam and its distribution. By knowing the exam pattern they can accordingly strategize and plan for securing high scores in the exam.
The number of questions in the exam as per NMAT 2020 exam pattern is 108 which has to be answered within 120 minutes. The exam has three sections which are namely:
- Language skills
- Quantitative aptitude
- logical reasoning skills.
Candidates can visit this page regularly for further updates and information about the NMAT 2020 Exam Pattern. This way they can be on track and would not have to miss out any vital information or changes associated with the pattern.
NMAT 2020 Preparation
The NMAT 2020 Preparation can be done efficiently by knowing and understanding the Syllabus and Exam Pattern of the examination. Candidates should effectively work and efficiently use the time. Strategizing and planning efficiently can be done with the help of a few tips and techniques that the candidates need to follow in order to prepare very well. The NMAT 2020 Preparation tips are as follows.
- Tip 1: Candidates must choose the right study material for this test. The materials should be the ones prescribed and also should be easy for the candidates to learn from. They will be able to study and learn the topics and understand the concepts better when they learn from the right materials.
- Tip 2: It is very important for the candidates to prepare a chart or a time table and their preparation should take place on the basis of the time table. This way they will be on course without deviating from the track since they can manage the time and prepare accordingly.
- Tip 3: Candidates can practice as many mocks and analyze each mock extensively. This way candidates can easily manage time and efficiently score marks in the actual examination. Practising mock tests also helps the candidates to be very well versed in splitting time according to the question or section. This way no excess time will be spent on the sections apart from the time required.
- Tip 4: It is very important for the candidates to learn and prepare topic by topic, from the beginning. Topic-wise preparation helps the candidates to learn and remember the concepts very easily. At the same time, they will be able to cover all the important topics for the exam following this method.
- Tip 5: It is best for the candidates to stick to the basics and revise them regularly. This prevents confusion and helps candidates to remember better. Revision can also be done in order to refresh the topics that were learnt at the beginning of the preparation. Hence, older topics and lessons should be the primary priority for revision.
- Tip 6: Candidates should keep in mind to attend the questions that are very familiar to them, prior to attempting the unfamiliar and unknown questions. This way they can complete the questions within the allotted time and utilize the remaining time on the unattended and doubtful ones. Time utilization can be improved and any kind of unwanted time wastage can be avoided.
The longer version of this and a list of reference books are available in the NMAT reference books section.
NMAT 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates can choose test centres from the 58 exam centres from the four zones. NMAT is an online test conducted in 66 locations in 52 cities across India and at 4 International centres. Learn more about NMAT 2020 exam centres before filling the registration form.
NMAT 2020 Result
- The NMAT scores are available after 48 Hours of attempting the test.
- After 4 to 5 weeks of the commencement of the test, the final scores will be sent via mail to the candidate. One has to log in to his or her NMAT by GMAC™ account to access the results of the NMAT 2020.
- After the final percentile is released, the scorecard will be sent to the concerned schools as mentioned by the candidate.
- Details regarding the contents on the scorecard and percentile calculation and some more information on the score are available on the NMAT 2020 Result section.
NMIMS 2020 Admission
After the results are out candidates can visit the NMIMS official website and check the list of shortlisted candidates. If an aspirant is selected then he or she can download the call letter and attend the admission process.
The counselling process for NMAT generally consists of CD (Case Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview) rounds. After these rounds, the final merit list will be posted on the official website of NMIMS college.
NMAT Exam Score Accepting Colleges
- SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- VIT University, Vellore
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- Amity University, Delhi NCR
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- Jindal Global Business school - Delhi/NCR
- SDA Bocconi Asia Center, Mumbai
- Thapar School of Management, Chandigarh
- Woxsen School of Business Management, Hyderabad
- Mody University, Rajasthan
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations
- SRM University, Chennai, Delhi NCR Sonipat
- BML Munjal University, Delhi
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad
- ISBR Business School, Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- BSE Institute Limited, Mumbai
- Bennett University - Delhi, NCR
- Name: Sukant Chakraborty
- Address: Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Private Limited, 405, 4th Floor, Suncity Business Tower, Golf Course Road, Sector 54, Gurgaon 122 002 India
- Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
- Official Website: NMAT
- Phone: 09213027791
- Time: Mon to Fri (9:00 to 18:00) IST.