KEAM 2021 syllabus is released by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala run by the Government of Kerala. Candidate are requested to know the subjects and topics to cover for the preparation of the exam. Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM) 2021 is scheduled to be held on July 24, 2021. Understanding the syllabus helps the candidates get an overview of the topics and their distribution. It also helps candidates to prepare well and accordingly plan for the KEAM 2021 exam. KEAM 2021 will have two sets of papers. The paper-I includes Physics and Chemistry and the paper-II consists of Mathematics. The first paper is to be given by B.Pharm applicants, whereas, the Engineering aspirants have to appear for both, Paper 1 and 2.
The difficulty of the exam will be of Class 12th level. You would have to prepare both Class 11th and 12th Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The in-depth syllabus for KEAM entrance exam 2021 is discussed on this page.
KEAM 2021 Physics Syllabus
It is informed that the questions would be based out of the syllabus of classes 11 and 12. The topics which the candidates must prepare for the Physics section are:
- Introduction and Measurements
- Description of Motion in One Dimension
- Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions.
- Lows of Motion.
- Work, Energy, and Power.
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body Rotation.
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids.
- Heat and Thermodynamics.
- Current Electricity.
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism.
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents.
- Electromagnetic Waves.
- Dual nature of matter and Radiations.
- Atomic Nucleus.
- Solids and Semiconductor Devices.
- Principles of Communications.
KEAM 2021 Chemistry Syllabus
The candidates must go through the list of all the Chemistry topics in the KEAM syllabus 2021.
- Basic concepts and Atomic Structure
- Bonding and Molecular Structure
- The states of Matter
- Periodic Properties of Elements and Hydrogen
- s-Block Elements and Principles of Metallurgy
- p-Block Elements
- d-Block and F-lock Elements
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Coordination Compounds and organometallics
- Basic Principles, Purification, and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Organic Reaction Mechanism
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups containing Nitrogen
- Polymers and Biomolecules
- Environmental Chemistry and Chemistry in Everyday Life
KEAM 2021 Mathematics Syllabus
The Mathematics syllabus for KEAM 2021 is given below:
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Sequences and Sets
- Permutations, Combinations, Binomial Theorem and Mathematical Induction
- Matrices and Determinants
- Linear Inequations
- Mathematical Logic and Boolean Algebra
- Trigonometric functions and Inverse Trigonometric functions
- Trigonometric functions of multiple and submultiples of numbers
- Inverse Trigonometric functions
- Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates
- Lines and Family of lines
- Circles and Family of circles
- Conic sections
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Statistics and Probability
- Functions, Limits, and continuity
- Application of Derivatives
- Indefinite Integrals
- Definite Integrals
- Differential Equations
KEAM 2021 Subject Combination for Courses Offered
The subjects that the candidates who are taking up the KEAM 2021 exam will be tested on as per the course they have chosen has been tabulated below.
|KEAM Pharmacy Syllabus||Physics, Chemistry|
|KEAM Engineering and Architecture Syllabus||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
KEAM 2021 Exam Pattern
The official KEAM 2021 exam pattern has been released by the exam conducting authorities along with the prospectus on the official website. It includes various details of the exam like mode of the exam, duration, marking scheme, number of questions, etc. KEAM aspirants are advised to check the exam pattern along with the syllabus in order to have a good preparation for the entrance examination. Some important points related to the exam pattern has been listed below.
- KEAM 2021 comprises of two papers- Paper I and Paper II
- Questions for Paper I are set for- Physics and Chemistry, whereas Paper-II will include questions from Mathematics only.
- The questions are objective in nature i.e. MCQs with each question carrying 5 options to choose from, out of which one is the right answer.
- Each paper will carry 120 questions that have to be completed in 150 minutes.
- For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded, while incorrect answers will invite a penalty of a negative 1 mark.